What's K's opinion on 5.11 gear?

I recently bought a new All Hazards Nitro pack that was clearanced at 50% off (Pic related) and it's the best damned back pack I've ever owned.
I've heard people say the quality is subpar though. What do you think?

Attached: ws.jpg (225x225, 5K)

My uncle, a civvy contractor for the Marines, gave me one of his khaki 5.11 shirts. I love it.

My favorite pants are 5.11

I've used 5.11 pants for work before, they're okay, but over priced.

>homeguard
This

Currently use the Rush 12 as an EDC pack. Great bag, had the 24 too, but the bag was some what heavy side even when empty, though it has a lot of organizing pockets, I just found myself either never using them all, or shoving extra crap in it that I didn't need.

Most of it is pretty decent but it's all made in China, so the name-brand premium you pay for the products has very little backing to it.

There gear; packs and other accessories, and their pants are pretty good. Cheap stitching is typically the downfall of their products.

Most of their shoes are all molten chinese garbage 100% through sold at American-made Vibram-soled prices.

Attached: MOqgb_ay-9xT.jpg (640x656, 64K)

Rush72 is unironically a great pack.

>our military is buying gear directly from our closest competitor

Attached: 1557154583509.gif (245x280, 1.3M)

Boots are okay, they don't take a shine well but will hold up decently. The rubber and soles aren't so good. You can replace the soles.

Belts are excellent.

Tactical pants are absolute shit. The very fucking worst option you can get of "tactical" pants. I've had them rip at the crotch, had items in my pockets rub through and create holes, all sorts of shit and within the first month of wearing them. It's not like an old pair of pants got ruined, brand new pants would develop rips and holes a couple weeks in.

Not sure of shirts, gloves, anything else. Don't have experience with them. Everything else I've had extensive experience with. Owned 2 pairs of their boots and 3 of their pants, minus the one I sent back for instantaneously ripping at the pocket the second I put my keys in there. I guess their quality depends on what product it is.

>tactical
Is this the "Electrolytes: They're What Plants Crave" of Jow Forums related shit? Just slap the word on the label and mallninjas buy it up?

yes

Attached: 027768.jpg (326x236, 12K)

You shouldn't expect a pair of boots around $100 to be too great. Most of their market is cops who buy a new pair every year or two with a uniform allowance, though.

Mine have held up well for 2 years of wear 40+ hours a week, but it's time to toss em. The rubber wore down pretty quick but oddly stopped after the first month or two, there's still plenty of tread left. The soles are still attached, nothing is ripping or falling off. All stitching still good. The leather is still shinable. The only issue is the inside is starting to wear at the heels and stuffing is coming out. With 2 years of use, I'll take that as normal wear, maybe it can be prevented if I didn't put my boots on so violently. The only way I'd call a pair of boots shitty is if they fell apart or the leather turned out to be unserviceable, that's not the case with these.

Literally. Any pair of cargo pants can be suitable for the same purposes that "tactical" pants claim to serve. But the ones actually dubbed tactical pants however, are always made of "super ultra lightweight" (thin af) material that rips easily.

The 72 hr Rush bag is pretty decent, fits alot of gear.

Im looking for a pack that can hold a kel-tec su16ca folded. Its 24.9" long

Attached: Screenshot_20190506-134423_Gallery.jpg (1080x1920, 491K)

>made in China
They are made in Vietnam. Get it right. I was able to buy genuine 5.11 backpacks at markets in Vietnam for

I don't know what your build is but their pants are great. The defender flex jeans and pants are my favorite pants of any pants I've ever owned. They are reinforced and have stretch built in. They're a true athletic fit in the slim.

Tennis bag

Quality of manufacture is pretty good in Vietnam now

Tennis bag.

Their messenger bags make very nice range bags. Enough to hold a handgun with case, 4 boxes of ammo, with space on the outside for ear and eyepro.

Have been using a Rush 24 for 6 years now daily as a travel, work, daypack and whatever. Looks like new only the anti-skid pads on the back are worn out, pull tab cords on main compartment nearly worn out, very small tear in the shoulder strap and minor flaking on the sides of main compartment. 10/10 would recommend I also used it once to carry bricks on a worksite.

my opinion is it's chinkshit. and if I'm gonna buy chinkshit it's going to be chinkshit from amazon for half the price and be just_as_good.bmp. their jeans felt bretty nice tho, didn't have my size so didn't buy. maybe another day.

good pants but overpriced considering how much competition they have now.

There was one pair I owned that didn't rip until maybe a year in. They were the stretchy kind. I wen through all of academy with those but ended up with a hole in my crotch by the end of it. Then again we wrestled around in our tac pants. I still would've expected them to hold up, we didn't do that much wrestling. I wouldn't buy a pair of 5.11 pants ever again. If I wanted something like that I'd get a pair of carhartt cargo pants or similar. The materials 5.11 uses just don't hold up. They're meant to be lightweight, not hold up to serious use (or in this case even normal use).

Not even fat btw, pretty slim actually. Two of the pants I owned I only used for security work. Literally sitting around and doing a walk around maybe every 2 hours. How the fuck does something rip under that amount of use? I'll never understand. Those were the non stretchy kind.

I've had a Rush 12 for 6 years now and its held up well.
Recently got the 24 and been using that though.

The 2 bags are my only experience with them and they've been good for me.

I like my rush 24 a lot I got it a few months back and so far so good.

Seconded

5.11 bags are nice
I prefer kuhl pants

Everythin I've had from them over the years has been high quality and held up just fine against abuse. 5.11 is a little on the pricey side but the shit lasts so you'll get more than your money's worth out of it.

I've had mixed results with different gear.

Pants-wise, the old NYPD pants were shit. I tore 3 or 4 pairs in less than a year.

The new NYPD pants are fucking aces though, I've never had such light, yet insulating and comfortable tac pants before. 10/10

Bootswise, they're my favorite by far. I've had a pair of ATACs for years, and I only recently replaced them with ATAC Shields because I wanted a composite toe. Then some fucking degenerate stole them off the top of my locker, so I'm back to my old ATACs. They're like 4 years old, have done EMS, Patrol, and more and they're still going strong.

Bagwise, idk. A lot of guys at work use their duffel for patrol, but I've got a small $35 amazon bag that works wonders for me.

There is a retail store here in the springs. I bought a really nice red sweater with a patch on the arm. I had to bring it back because the hemming was coming undone on the bottom of the shirt a day later.

When I went to go replace it with another, ALL of the jackets were like that... ALL of them.

I'll stick with my TAD shit. Expensive but, my Ranger also has almost a decade of very very very hard use.

Attached: anorak.jpg (478x640, 46K)

My dad gave me a Rush 72 bag that I use for travelling now. It did me really well when I was in Japan.

They are low quality, but still made barely well enough that 90% of overweight larpers won't break them on their quarter mile sidewalk hikes so they usually get decent praise

The 1.75 belt with the polymer reinforced band is the best cc belt I've ever owned and it was like $35

Attached: 9sh1rjkk8wt21.jpg (750x555, 72K)

you have a cool dad user, i'm happy for you

Attached: 1420114944457.jpg (960x948, 189K)

I like their Stryke pants, even though they are overpiced as fuck. That's about it.

third

Jeans are worth it. I have two pairs and they are super comfy and look good, plus 7 wide belt loops makes carrying shit easy, and the extra back pockets are perfect for flashlight and tq. Would reccomend both the straight cut and slim.

Not much experience with the rest of their gear, some people at work like the EMS pants

I nabbed a RUSH24 that was on sale and packed it full of emergency supplies. They make nice sturdy stuff that's on the moderately expensive side. If you live in a liberal hellhole it makes you glow in the dark though.

Most of it's made in south east asia, vietnam and the like, they actually make shit pretty well a mnd don't cut corners like the chinese do, better work ethic.

>Just slap the word on the label and mallninjas buy it up?
100% completely, absolutely, and unironically yes.

Attached: Takticool Spork.jpg (1000x1000, 65K)

yesh

That’s honestly the best analogy I’ve seen for “tactical” brands

>5.11
when will they learn...

We've got a 5.11 store here. Never walked in though

hell yeah brother

Slightly above airsoft gear. Decent enough for edc lugging around your laptop, lunch, text books etc but I wouldn't buy any of their gear when I can spend a little more and get significantly better quality materials, stitching, and design from higher end manufacturers.

I'll take this evaluation a step further. The name recognition they have used to drive up theie prices has made them a poor competitor. You can find better stuff all over for cheaper. More importantly, they're not even a particularly special name brand.

Like this dude said, they aren't bad except for their boots (and why you wouldn't buy highly reputable brands like Corcoran or Belleville over them is beyond me). If you want quality work pants, you're WAY better off buying Dickies or Carhartt. If you want fatigues, budget brands like Propper have better quality than 5.11 does, now.

Their bags are breddy good, though, as long as you don't buy the cheap ones.

found a pair of their shorts for 10 bucks with tags at a goodwill. i like them, not sure how much they normally go for but id buy them again for 10 bucks.

Any good other "tactical" brand that are cheaper or better quality than 5.11 be it bags, pants, etc ?

On a related note anyone bought anything from Helikon-Tex?
Need a small backpack and trying to decide between Rush12 and Raccoon Mk2. Everyone praises the 5.11 backpacks (including this thread), while handling them in the store I liked the other one more due to better compartments (imo) and it felt lighter and more comfortable, also why the sandpaper patches on the back of rush12? Main concern is durability but the backpack I'm replacing held up quite well for a wallmart special that I bought for $1.50 15 years ago...

Attached: PL-RC2-CD-plecak_raccoon_mk2_20l_-_cordura-8-1000_1[1].jpg (1000x1000, 151K)

I concur.

I have their micro chest rig. They aren't bad for the money. Better then condor....

i have a rush 24 as a hiking bag and it's held up okay. i have a flashbang pouch that i use to hold a weather meter in my long range bag.

Like I unironically said earlier, 5.11 pants are my favorite because of the material choices, fit (5.11 slim is the best athletic fit I have found), and overall quality and looks. Carrhart and Dickies use pretty basic and less comfortable materials in comparison from what I've seen, and the fits are more baggy/loose fitting. The quality is probably not that far off but the designs are not nearly as well thought out, for example even the normal looking 5.11 pants have 2 extra behind the hip pockets intended to carry mags up to AR size- this removes the need to carry a mag pouch for your CCW.

As for the prices? Just wait for sales.

Vertx is also good but I don't like how their pants fit as much as how 5.11's fit.

It's a polish company, very popular and has a good reputation in Poland. I'm from Poland myself, have a pair of their SFU next pants. They're alright, if a bit baggy.

Attached: Spodnie-Helikon-SFU-Next-Beige-SP-SFN-CR-13.jpg (1024x800, 57K)

The only 5.11 thing I saw were like 40+ size pants in a second hand. Honestly though my opinion is that the clothing itself is for glowman LARPers.

I have a light 5.11 jacket that i thrifted for 10 bucks. Padded elbows, double breast pockets with plenty of room without looking stuffed and all rip-stop. It's holding up excellent and i still really like it.

Isnt most of this shit just marketed to vets that cant fucking cope with being a civilian again?