Prescription Shooting Glasses

I want some Rx ballistic glasses. Price is not an issue. What are my options?
>retro shooting glasses look cool but aren't very protective
>modern shooting glasses work great but are a little too Oakleybro-style for me
Please give me your experiences with vendors and models. I prefer ANSI z87.1 or better protection.
Right now I'm wearing glasses over my prescription glasses and it's dorky as hell.

Attached: glasses.jpg (640x480, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/NoCry-Over-Glasses-Safety-Glasses-Anti-Scratch/dp/B07GBF8B2V
amazon.com/NoCry-Tinted-Over-Spec-Safety-Glasses/dp/B07GBCHD8X
tacticalrx.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've always had problems getting a large enough lens for adequate eye coverage without the lenses being so heavy they want to slide down my nose or flip off my face constantly.

I'm guessing that's why a lot of older designs had hooked earpieces.

Attached: rando.jpg (950x1095, 51K)

>Rx ballistic glasses
??? Basically all regular glasses made now are made of very dense Polycarbonate. They easily EXCEED Z86+ ratings.
What exactly do you mean by ballistic glasses? Like you want more eye coverage? Pic a larger frame.

Attached: hmmmm2.png (386x386, 13K)

*Z87+

Attached: Steve.jpg (320x240, 54K)

Steve's glasses there are fucking cool. I'll try to figure out what those are, if they are designed as safety glasses.
As for Rx ballistic glasses, there are two things to consider. Most lenses may be polycarbonate but I'm not really interested in risking my eyeballs on a "it's probably good enough" guess.
The other thing is that even if the lenses are strong, if the frame isn't designed to absorb impacts it won't matter.
>pic related

Attached: AWT_7861-1024x678.jpg (1024x678, 67K)

I've got ESS Crossbow with inserts. Pic related. At first I was not quite comfortable with distortion from smaller lenses, but after a day at the range I stopped noticing it.
It's also not really expensive - about 60$ per lense (custom, astigmatic one) on top of glasses cost.

Attached: Crossbow 2LS 5.jpg (900x477, 96K)

I think that the inserts make sense but I'm not a big fan of the way they look, to be honest.
Since the money for these is already locked in, (it's FSA funds) I don't mind spending more for something cool, or something I could wear as regular sunglasses sometimes without looking too strange.

Walmart brand prescription safety glasses...the dvx brand. I wear them for work and as riding glasses when my helmet visor is up while riding my utv. There are several styles, and they're comfortable. Pricewise, they're not too expensive and not too cheap.

Inserts are shit.
They fog up even easier than regular glasses because of how close they are to your face. In rain you're double fucked because now you have two planes to wipe in order to see.

I'm getting prk and being done with it.

Just wear your regular shits and get some overglasses.

amazon.com/NoCry-Over-Glasses-Safety-Glasses-Anti-Scratch/dp/B07GBF8B2V

also in DARK.

amazon.com/NoCry-Tinted-Over-Spec-Safety-Glasses/dp/B07GBCHD8X

That's what I'm doing now but I want to look cool
also I already want some prescription sunglasses so I figured I could take care of both issues at once

Attached: decot.jpg (1200x1600, 326K)

Just wear contacts.

Decot is good but a little pricey

>Steve's glasses there are fucking cool.

they're literally just giant nerd glasses

I get free prescription safety glasses from work. We can pick frames from a few different brands, Uvex is the main one. They have a ton of different styles. Pic related is what I have right now.

Attached: TITMUS-SW06E.jpg (720x288, 24K)

Lowes sells a set of poly-carbonate safety glasses that are designed to fit over regular glasses, they're made by 3M and I've been running them for a long time, they're cheap to replace too.

no glasses are going to stop you from getting shot in the eye and pretty much all of them will stop jacket spalling.

>Steve's glasses there are fucking cool. I'll try to figure out what those are, if they are designed as safety glasses.
check out the wiley x worksite line. marker/profile/epic are the individual frames I think, all very similar looking but different sizes.

>not having polycarbonate lensed regular glasses

not gonna make it.

Get a pair of lenses and figure out a way to put them into a set of goggles. I put my pro mask inserts into a set of ballistic goggles and it works really well

>price is not an issue, budget up to $500

My regular glasses are real glass and effectively scratch proof because of it. It's awesome not replacing lenses every few years.

i used to be like you, then i got contacts

I have Smith, Rx shooting glasses, user
check them out
will probably be special order, but pick the frames you want and tell them at the eye doc they're for shooting and need to be protective/anti-glare, that's what i did
they have to be made for you anyway, so special order frames isn't even a big deal
will probably cost you over $400 tho

I like my Smith Optics Aegis Echos.
The temple arms are extra thin to fit comfortably under muffs, the eye shield is MIL-PRF-whatever rated, and because the ballistic and Rx elements are separate, if my eyepro ever has to do its job I can just pop in another $25 shield instead of spending weeks and $$$ getting the Rx lenses replaced.

Attached: smopt-rx-kit-a.jpg (700x500, 32K)

Smith make a model called the Longfin which looks very similar,

waiting on this to come in.

Attached: ileyxaxis.jpg (1766x984, 79K)

Rudy eyepro or Oakley

I have these. I can get over the fact that they look goofy as fuck, but I don't quite like how they have limited lens options and that the RX carrier slips off just so easily. A year after I got that, I decided to get a Smith Director Tactical RX instead since the Aegis was getting so annoying for me. It's a little big for me, but it works very well and I get a much better field of view. I still look pretty dumb in them, but not as dumb as the aegis and the carrier. I'll probably get a pair in tint this year once I get my safety glasses allowance from work. Don't know what they'd think if I get it in tint, but then again, I do have to work outside about 5% of the time.

I'm sort of stuck with smith, since it's the only brand I get discount on and thus can actually afford it since allows insurance and work allowance essentially cover everything.

>the RX carrier slips off just so easily
I've never had that problem.
Are you sure you had it in all the way?

The wileyx worksite frames are on the smaller-medium size. If you got a big head, they do have their newer axis coming out . They all come with detachable side shields as well.

I just got prescription safety glasses from eye doc. They work great for me.

Well, I decided to just get Decots. They're really freaking cool, and I can use them as regular sunglasses too.
Side shields included.
They were really helpful on the phone.
Still a pretty old style Boomer business, though. Hate having to call places.

Attached: Decot-Hy-Wyd-Hy-Lo.png (479x479, 86K)

I have the worksite epics and a pretty damn big head and they fit me ok, maybe even a little loose (will get keeper strap), although obviously if you know your measurements you can size directly.

Stand off matters too, it doesn't matter how balistic your glasses are if hot brass fall into them and burns the fuck out of your eye ive been there and watched that twice now.

tacticalrx.com/
I ordered from these guys. Really nice work imo.

Huh, I got a pair just like those.

Attached: IMG_20190507_200336211~2.jpg (4043x2451, 2.09M)

I too am interested in a dedicated shooting eyeglass protection, will check out the links posted above. But who else do you recommend from online supplier of regular prescription glasses? I once used Optical4Less which I got from an old advert on Something Awful years ago. They from China and their frames seem to be designed for the weird heads of pan faced race.

Please make it look like the Moose is wearing them.

Like this?

Attached: IMG_20190507_211945991.jpg (3120x4160, 3.01M)

I have a a couple pairs of ESS ICE Narows and a total of 3 lenses. All 3 have little cracks at the edges, particularly where the lenses attach to the frame. Other places they cracked on the lower edge, and I haven't even abused them at all. 0/10 would not buy again.

>As for Rx ballistic glasses, there are two things to consider. Most lenses may be polycarbonate but I'm not really interested in risking my eyeballs on a "it's probably good enough" guess.
>The other thing is that even if the lenses are strong, if the frame isn't designed to absorb impacts it won't matter.
>>pic related
Nigga what are you expecting to do while shooting i understand getting Z87.1 if you are going in a shop, but on the range the absolute worse i have had in my years is a little bit of ricochet from bird shot that was stopped by my walmart specials. if you are that worried just get prescription safety glasses for shooting go to Tactical RX they are a american company and everything they have is z87.1

>As for Rx ballistic glasses, there are two things to consider. Most lenses may be polycarbonate but I'm not really interested in risking my eyeballs on a "it's probably good enough" guess.
>The other thing is that even if the lenses are strong, if the frame isn't designed to absorb impacts it won't matter.
>>pic related
Nigga what are you expecting to do while shooting i understand getting Z87.1 if you are going in a shop, but on the range the absolute worse i have had in my years is a little bit of ricochet from bird shot that was stopped by my walmart specials. if you are that worried just get prescription safety glasses for shooting go to Tactical RX they are a american company and everything they have is z87.1

My Steve inspired glasses

Attached: 20190503_124309-01.jpg (2448x3264, 1.55M)

Go back to soc with your dumbass selfies

Okay

>deleting those trips

Holy shit he actually did it
Good on you bud.