Why doesn't the army equip every soldier with a silencer?

Why doesn't the army equip every soldier with a silencer?

Does it have any disadvantages if we ignore the cost?

Attached: zen buck.jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

>silencer

Attached: 1393934422361.jpg (778x1018, 140K)

That's a silly idea

Why doesn't the Army replace every rifleman with a machinegunner?

They only work on rounds going bellow 1000fps. 5.56 is faster than that. 5.56 only works the right way if it's going fast. You either shoot nearly useless subsonic rounds or you have a useless long thing at the end of every soldier's rifle.

>Name the cons of anything when the issue of money is removed

I guess it has been getting warmer outside recently. Thought we still had another month or two. How time flies.

That is the patented term for the device that provides relief for the gas generated from the ignition of a cartridge.

The first every commercially successful silencer was named the "Maxim Silencer"

Ignoring cost here are the pros & cons

Cons
>More weight to carry
>Longer gun
>Doesn't work in full auto
>More to clean and maintain

Pros
>Only slightly less loud because 5.56 is doing 2,800 feet a second.

SOLDIERS DO NOT NEED MORE SENSITIVE EQUIPMENT TO SEARCH FOR WHEN SOMEONE LOSES IT

Con
>Super fucking hot after a few shots

The USMC is actually testing that concept right now if I remember correctly. I think they outfitted a company with suppressors and are having them go through a deployment with them

Hey OP? How about you tell us the cons of a tank that also has the ability to fly, without money being an issue?

*farts*

Attached: 1557087386458.png (645x729, 128K)

t. Underage cowadoody player that thinks supressors make the bullet somehow hit less hard

beat me to it

>doesn’t work in full auto
Bullshit.

You can hear them eating crayons now

Dude your troll game is weak, just give it up.

Attached: 1488431502896.jpg (650x650, 79K)

On a slow full auto it will work but as the Rate of fire increases the pressure can not decrease making the suppressor just a barrel extension.

>Why don't militaries weld suppressors to their rifles?

Can't you not remove a suppressor from a rifle in Call of Duty? I genuinely wouldn't know.

Unpopular opinion coming in. Don’t @ me and other normie memes.
>suppressors only have legitimate use with scouts, forward recce units and SOF. Suppressors for Infantry is as dumb as making every infantryman a machine gunner
>the only guys that should have radios or the RTO, the LT and PSG, and the SL and TL’s. There is literally no benefit in equipping every rifleman with a radio just for them to give useless information and hot mic all the frequencies and channels
>the new Marine 3 man fire team with 1 3 man squad command element is one of the most retarded things the Marine Corps has done in a long while
>Refurbishing and producing more M16A3’s with the full auto sears would’ve made a better service rifle than the M27 IAR
>The concept of autoriflemen only work in conjunction with a dedicated crew served machine gun. When there is no machine gun in a squad, then that squad should be using SAW’s. Relying on a dude with 20 30 round mags being loaded into a service rifle does not provide adequate suppressive fire for area suppression or for achieving fire superiority.
>MRAP’s are gay, either use an APC or IFV or just walk your ass. Motorized assets have no place in direct combat

Fucking fite me faggots

Attached: 1C1950B2-1C30-4D7E-8527-961A3D4EEC15.jpg (540x405, 37K)

>All suppressors can only be attached to a rifle once and then never ever removed once
Project more

Attached: ehehehe.jpg (466x540, 113K)

You are literally retarded.

Got 'em

MRAP's are a style of APC you human queef

>>Refurbishing and producing more M16A3’s with the full auto sears would’ve made a better service rifle than the M27 IAR
The M27s they approved based on the USMC lying about what they wanted them for are better than the refurbished A3s that would have been refused. The M27 was always nothing more than an attempt by the USMC to get new infantry rifles when they know they cant get approval for it.

>weight
>gas blowback
>added length
>frequent maintenance intervals
>heat
>baffle strikes

Bad idea unless you're doing oper9or sneeki shit. Regular infantry would just fuck it up.

If it is a style to be shittier in every single conceivable way to an APC then yeah, I guess your right.

But they wouldn’t have had to have gone through a process to get a new service rifle. The A4 was already standard issue and merely refurbishing and upping the production of what is already in service wouldn’t have been a big issue, and turning the A4’s into full auto A3’s would’ve been a similar process to the Army turning their M4’s into M4A1’s. The M27 in its entirety was a mistake when they already had the better option already available to them.

I don't think you realise how stupid you have to be to advocate walking over riding in a protected vehicle

>The M27 was always nothing more than an attempt by the USMC to get new infantry rifles
Poor colt, they played by the book and gave the Marines the rifle they requested. Truth is, the game was rigged from the very start.

Attached: hdfcpq5.jpg (210x240, 13K)

Driving
>sticking to roads and known avenues of approach
>IED’s
>literally everyone knows that your coming, where your going, and when you’ll arrive
>present yourself as easy prey for RPG’s and machine gun fire
Walking
>go wherever the fuck you want
>be as random as you want to be
>roll up unannounced into AO’s
>literally none of the problems you’d deal with from what was listed above

I also didn’t discourage using transport and prioritize walking over everything. I said only IFVs and APCs should ever see combat, and if you don’t got those, then your better off walking, but nice reading comprehension though.

Jesus Christ have you ever been outside?

I need a frame of reference as to why you think it's easy to walk around a warzone.

>Walk to assault compound

>Be there in two hours
>Everyone knows you're coming
>Hideously vulnerable

Ask me how I know you have absolutely no idea how war works. Go on, ask.

Hey guys apparently walking makes you immune to IED's, RPG's and machine guns, makes you float and makes you invisible

Attached: 1263929878664.jpg (395x387, 18K)

That joke is always weird to me. It wasn't a thing (at least a super popular one) when I was in. Fuck, am I a boomer?

>I said only IFVs and APCs should ever see combat, and if you don’t got those, then your better off walking

>If you're not wearing a bomb suit everywhere then you should be absolutely naked

Suppressor don't work in full auto.

>Thinking roads are a better option than taking irrigation ditches
Faggot
Didn’t realize Afghanistan was all the same everywhere. If your in the middle of fucking nowhere with no cover or concealment than you use shit like, I don’t know. APCs and IFVs?
>being this much of a retarded nigger

Attached: 64279157-A6F7-40B0-A6D7-2FE19871A518.png (291x371, 212K)

>Hey guys, driving a massive oversized truck that doesn’t actually protect you from heavy caliber machine gun fire, ieds, and rpgs should be the primary vehicle we should use. Doesn’t that sound like a good idea?

>driving a massive oversized truck that doesn’t actually protect you from heavy caliber machine gun fire, ieds, and rpgs

Except that's what it's made for

Are you actually retarded?

The main threat to troops for the past twenty years has been sniper fire and IED's

MRAP's are specifically designed to protect them from this

I don't know if you're underage, trolling or just plain stupid but it's clear you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

Except that they still get blown up by deep buries and rpg’s. Are you retarded?
>The main threat to troops for the past twenty years has been sniper fire and IED's
Then use IFVs and APCs. Dealing with the IED and sniper threat has nothing to do with what vehicle you use and more so with what tactics and strategy you are using for COIN. But keep on trying to attack my point with ad hominem’s rather than arguments that actually refute my claims.

They still mask your signature even if they’re less effective.

Saying every vehicle should be an IFV is the same ignorant, childish mentality that says "why don't we just give every soldier a sniper rifle"

>Then use IFVs and APCs.

The MRAP is an APC specifically made to resist sniper fire and IED's

Don't get why this is a difficult concept for you. Probably your retardation.

>Protection from IED's has nothing to do with being protected from IED's
I think I'm done here, you are literally too stupid to understand why you're wrong

> irrigation ditches

You do realise that the taliban placed IEDs in places other than just roads, right? Such as compound walls, in fields, and, surprise surprise, in ditches and on bun lines. As mentioned before, being on foot does not magically make you immune to IEDs. Anywhere youre likely to go, any natural funnels or chokepoints, is susceptible. Theres a reason why we would sweep even when patrolling on foot through fields.

Also:
> hah guyz theyll never see you coming if youre on foot!
They will and they do. Little achmed calls his brothers dads goats sister and tells them we're on the way, except this time they have a lot more time to set up whatever they want. At least in vehicles you can get in quick and get out quicker. Tabbing it in is shit, and you would know this if you had ever been in the military. The only advantage going on foot has is situational awareness and greater spacings, but most blokes would happily trade that for decent protection, a v shaped hull and a fast set of wheels beneath them.

Do you know how easy it is to place ied's in a ditch? Do you know soldiers have to watch the trees above them for IED wires because their antenna will hit them. Taleban isn't as stupid as you think. And they sure as fuck mine the shit out of every approach into town. Including the open sewer you thought was safe.

>Why doesn't the army equip every soldier with a silencer?
There's a Marine Battalion that's experimenting this as we speak.

I’m not saying every vehicle should be an IFV. I’m saying every vehicle that is to be used in direct combat should be either an IFV or an APC. Motorized assets such as trucks and Humves are great at ferrying troops towards the FEBA in a cost effective manner. Using them in direct combat is retarded.
>inb4 there are no frontlines in COIN
Tell that to the guys who fought in the Banana wars who successfully deployed legitimate COIN tactics that created safe rear areas while only using trucks for ferrying troops towards the fight. With the only exception being guntrucks, and even those were only used passively as mobile machine gun platforms.
MRAPs are overpriced Tonka trucks that are worse in every way than an APC, from armor and firepower, to mobility and cross country performance. Don’t know how you don’t get that. Must be because your retarded.

So you still refer to pistols as "hand cannons," right?

>>Thinking roads are a better option than taking irrigation ditches

So your alternative to a road is tough to walk through when wet and muddy and full of mines and IED's?

Consider this, there's a reason that the Americans, British, Australians, Italians, Russians, etc, use MRAP's as mobility platforms in modern war.

Now what's more likely, that you're an absolute retard or that every warfighting country on earth is instead?

>worse in every way than an APC

But they're an APC.

What is this hypothetical APC you keep comparing them to.

No one is denying that an MRAP is than an APC at almost anything but you can get an awfully lot of MRAP for an APC. It is funnier to drive in an MRAP and knowing that it takes 100 times the effort to kill you than walking or driving in a unarmoured veichle.

Ah, here we have the crux of your arguments, both an ignorance of modern combat and a childish "war should be what I want, not what it is"

>allowing IEDs to exist in the first place
Garrison your troops in the villages and towns. Force them to follow your will. Villages and towns that refuse or revolt are razed. Rinse repeat until you win. This is how counter insurgency has worked throughout all of human history. Going on mounted patrols from your protected FOB just to show up occasionally in the villages does nothing but present a target for the Insurgents to blow up. The whole concept of relying on patrols both mounted and dismounted shows the level of retardation the is the US militaries strategy for COIN. The only reason why IEDs are prevalent and the reason why so many soldiers die from them is due entirely from incompetence at the tactical, operational and strategic levels of the war. Not because “oh my god, if only we had a vehicle that we could ride around in to save us”. You rolling around in MRAPs is only gonna force the insurgents to use bigger IEDs to blow you up. Nothing changes.

>don't @me
>fite me
Which is it friend?

These are justasgood!

Attached: 3M-Dual-Ended-Combat-Arms-Earplugs.jpg (777x504, 25K)

>>MRAP’s are gay, either use an APC or IFV or just walk your ass. Motorized assets have no place in direct combat

I think you might not be aware that it's not always up to you where you fight.

Also, try walking sometime. It's harder than you think from your fat ass scooter.

Because modern battle tactics revolve around riflemen supporting gun teams. I shouldn't have to tell you can't put a silencer on a machine gun. And noise is a good thing for a conventional force. You want to be silent only up until the fight starts, then you want to be loud as fuck, to disorient and instill fear in the enemy.

>MRAP's are bad because they protect from IED's
>Just make IED's not exist instead

I see that magic is now a factor of your argument

Some? If a pistol was really big? What you would realize if you weren't retarded is that there is an equal case for calling it a silencer AND a suppressor. The only people who sperg about it are trying to make themselves seem like they know more than they actually do.

>Can't understand why a man in a bulletproof truck is safer than a man standing in a field

>Claims to be a COIN expert

This is amazing

Attached: 1247502327449.jpg (1004x988, 62K)

Yeah they're really gassy, really dirty, get really hot really quick, and make your weapon a lot longer and heavier. They're great for room clearing indoors where your ear drums get destroyed and you don't really lose anything by using a 10.3" barrel. They're nice at night with nods if you don't have to shoot a lot. For general purpose outdoors in the day I'd rather have a flash hider and a longer barrel. They're also probably not as quiet as you think they are, suppressed 5.56 sounds about as loud as unsuppressed .22lr. Specialty subsonic types of ammo aren't very useful outside of their specialty purpose.

No you're right you're actually smarter than every military on the planet, all they need is the wisdom of a fat child on Jow Forums to light their path

It’s not what I want. It is what has already been proven to work in previous COIN operations that is never used in modern COIN operations. You think I just pulled it out of my ass? How do you think the Taliban are so successful in securing the people? Because they fear monger them and don’t let any dissent take place. They are always there and are always watching. There’s the crux of your argument. Your trying to protect a strategy that doesn’t work of the basis of “well it’s what everyone else does”. How long have we been in Afghanistan? Almost 20 years? Yeah, I’m definitely the retard here, not all the politicians and officers that continue to push failed strategies in a war that still hasn’t shown any signs of success.

Would it be possible to suppress a tank gun

Attached: m1a1colour.jpg (702x386, 40K)

>Every pistol is patented legally by the US Government as a "Hand Cannon"

Alrighty

It'll still lower the decibels of your shots for when you're shooting indoors without earpro.

They overheat very quickly

As someone who shoots every weekend.
Suppressors on 5.56 rifles are just as loud as my 16" mid length with A2 suppressor. Its just the sounds different.

Who gives a fuck, common use determines language. It's a suppressor it doesn't silence anything. Guess what? You know those things on car exhausts were patented as being called silencers by the same family/guy as the gun silencer. Know what we call them now? Mufflers cause that's what they do, muffle the exhaust sound not silence it you liberal retard.

Attached: image.jpg (579x377, 238K)

A2 flashider*

You had me with the first 5.

That last one is rough though. Walking around Iraq was not easy and made us easy targets when moving a platoon into a fighting position.

Attached: Photo Feb 19, 11 03 45.jpg (1936x2592, 2.04M)

>Who gives a fuck, common use determines language.
That's literally an argument for calling it a silencer since that's what the "common person" (aka retard) calls them. You're as retarded as them, but 10 times more autistic.

I shill every day for bike infantry with only a little irony
but you're just dumb

Everyone knows it doesnt make it completely silent but it does make it more silent and therefore can be called a silencer. Silencer is fine and so is suppressor , its fine to have two words for the same thing, theres no need to get in a huff over it.

>Butthurt he calls a silencer the wring thing because he bought into the tacticool bullshit
Gun muffler

AR Pattern small arms barely function in real combat let alone putting another gadget on it.
Lets not kid ourselves. US regular infantry units can hardly keep from running out of ammo when they get engaged by 1 afghan farmer hiding 700y out. And surely their main method of saving themselves from having to go hand to hand is to call in Air support before they are overrun.

AR's are so shitty that they jam on mass shooters after 1 mag.

Russians and Chinks LAUGH at silly US

aaahahahah

AAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

BWAHSHAHSDHASHDH@#H@HRHHRH

I like how they felt the need to camouflage it.

Attached: img.jpg (2000x1049, 209K)

it cant go under water