NEW DRAGUNOVS

Didn't see anyone talking about it so i guess ill start the thread. FEG is importing dragunovs soon TM
there will be 3 models
"antique"- Original rifle, price point 4.5-6k
new- Complete rifle, price point somewhere between
US Made Receiver- All matching parts kits built on a US receiver, price point 2k.

these will be genuine svds, not gay fpks or veprs or saigas.

Estimated time 6 months

also FEG is starting back up

they will also be importing Sa85m and amd65 pistols

price point for sa85m is around 1k.

exciting times

Source:Akfiles

Attached: TurbosquidPreview.jpgA7451FCA-09DE-4C7D-9FAA-3D8EA2F3AA20Original.jpg (800x800, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378108
tcc.export.gov/Trade_Agreements/All_Trade_Agreements/exp_005371.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bold claim got a link to the sauce?

>importing
Importing from where?

>those prices
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
the best part is some russaboos will actually pay it

Eh it'll still beat what people are asking for Norinco NDM-86s; a Dragunov is always a head turner at the range.

Hope it's true.

Still too poor to afford unless job situation changes at least I have my vepr

Attached: 14011EEE-4862-4C57-B376-EE6791498309.jpg (760x797, 243K)

akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378108
S P O O N F E E D

pics

Attached: ezgif-2-1a17fe38f04d.jpg (768x1024, 81K)

What do you work as now, and how much do you clear a year? $6000 for a Dragunov on the high end is expensive, but I can probably scrape up that much in spare cash in about 2-3 months.

>2k for a dragunov is bad
yeah ok tigrs are selling for 8k and dragunovs 10k plus.
us made receiver model is 2k, which is barely over a vepr,

also, another pic

also, from the us relations guy on akfiles,

"Well lets see.

We finished and produced 200 SAa85m and they got preliminarily ATF approval last week.

I would say 6 to 8 months is the intended target for release.
But we are talking about bureaucracy here...its pretty quick on the Hungarian side so far."

Attached: fdf7d88ef691a57225b6b628401f6514.jpg (768x1024, 85K)

Nigger I will pay 2K for a genuine SVD every day of the god damn week if it means I'm not butchering a 5K Tigr

And nothing you can say or throw back in my face will ever make me think twice about the cold war era sex that is a SVD

Attached: And+goddamn+it++evolution+and++what+it+wants+_b801941070f884e821edd7160a0b10c5.png (326x173, 65K)

how do I preorder one?

Imagine paying more... the less made in the US and the more in God forgive me for uttering this name.. Russia. AS Val exempt.

Attached: 1518550396833.jpg (228x221, 6K)

what are you even trying to say?
in russia tigr is 1000 usd, and thats not even a dragunov, and they've been mass producing them for 50 fucking years. if you want a genuine dragunov in russia you ending up paying the same or more than one made on a us receiver. they're literally all original all matching parts kits built on a us receiver, its not some century made thing.

don't think you can right now, they wont be available for sale for 6 months.

hope i see the thread about it when it's available.

>you will never hunt boars in Siberian forests with your trusted SVD
why even live

>genuine US made SVD

Attached: aer1V6v_460s.jpg (460x343, 14K)

im very excited about it, will post any updates i know of to Jow Forums

>TFW bought one of the new production PSL imports for $1.7k
>TFW will buy this too

TFW not even mad because I fucking love this thing and the build quality is 10/10, the scope didn't even require any windage adjustment it was dead on at 100M

Attached: 1556295892828.jpg (800x800, 86K)

same. the more the better.

>literally 1 part of the gun being us made means the other 50 parts are also us made

Attached: .jpg (645x729, 48K)

Brainlet here. Do these come with the scopes?

Attached: IMG_0907.jpg (4032x3024, 3.33M)

unknown

>netuered tigr sporter fags on suicide watch
>prices about to shit the bucket

I look forward to picking up a $1500 TIGR.

Probably not gonna happen,
Slavaboos are still going to be buying up TIGRs at the current price because
"If it's not made in Russia, It's not a real dragunov."

I have a greater chance of being turned into a real life furry than these making it to the US market.

They are going to offer original made in russia ones, nobody is going to want a bastardized tigr sporter which isn't even a real SVD for the same price as a actual Russian SVD.

I predict 1.5-2.2k

more realistically 3k, they will offer made in russia newer ones for somewhere between the 4.5-6k antique and 2k us made receiver

>No bayonet lug
wat did they mean by this
All jokes aside if this means I no longer have to pay 90 a pop for an SVD mag then I’m all for this.

ndm 86s actually came with bayonet lugs

Attached: ndm86bayo_640x.jpg (640x480, 47K)

The NDM-86 is probably the most legit SVD one can get stateside, short of a bringback Soviet SVD (5 figures) or a rebarrel Tigr job (which will cost close to if not 5 figures.)

The 308 chambering on some Chinese variants is also a plus if you reload or if you want to use factory match ammo to shoot it. Too bad spare parts for SVDs in general are as rare as hen's teeth.

yeah, sadly these svds wont be available in 308.

Yes i am aware.
i was just wondering if we’re going to see the same as with the PSLs where most of them have little things missing like that would otherwise be found on the military spec ones.

Attached: 769F044D-A47B-41A0-A1C4-CF3BF16D7D3C.jpg (4032x3024, 2.32M)

The problem with the norinco .308 svd is that mags are hard to find and astronomically expensive.

>head turner
The real head turning is when I embarrass them by outshooting their expensive museum piece with my cheapass AR-10 with PA glass.

if utility was the only thing people cared about, the only guns people would own would be an ar, glock, 22lr, and a shotgun.

There are about 100 “legit” russian SVDs in the united states that were officially imported by KBI way back when. Beyond that there are a few vet brink backs that dont fall within this group.
In about of decade of casual observation I can count the number of unique vet bring back SVDs I’ve seen on one hand.

They will.

No one with an actual SVD has ever claimed it would shoot better than your AR10, nor are we at all ‘embarrassed’ when your AR10 does exactly that. We really don’t care, and you sound like you are looking for a pissing contest where it doesn’t exist.
t. person with an actual SVD

Yes, and I'm sure that you must completely "humiliate" people who shoot PU scoped Mosins or K98s with ZF4 scopes using your Savage Axis with SWFA glass.

Modern gear destroys milsurp tangibly in accuracy and reliability, but milsurp is in a class all its own when it comes to intangible factors like history and novelty.

Not him but 6000 US is what I make in a year

Christ, even a job at McDonalds would pay way more than that.

Is this a part time or a comission-based job? I’m genuinely curious.

There are only two McDonalds on my island and both are constantly cycling through workers
Full time

where

Pago Pago, American Samoa

fake news retards

but if this is real I'm dumping my TIGR on gunbroker to some retard ASAP

Are you the guy who hates M1As because I see this same argument in the battle rifle thread. Do people not realize the point of owning these guns isn't how efficient or accurate they are but because of their intrinsic value and how interesting they are?

you made the thread, jackass
what did you think would happen? we'd just believe you?

Serious question to the AK guys as a dude who dabbles in ARs and surp- at this point, with x54r ammunition as expensive as it is and PSL clones having questionable accuracy and at extreme cost, why not build something like a Tabuk? Much cheaper to shoot, can be accurized depending on your budget, etc.

This. sick of retards crapping on the psl. Been a great rifle for me over the last 10 years
And I'll add and svd and m91 to the collection as soon as I can for a reasonable price. I'm just avoiding the vepr 54r because I can't stand how they butchered it into using 5rd mags. I feel like my vepr-fm 308 or even a sporter 308 is a much better buy.

>Importing from where?
Ukraine

>US Made Receiver
and into the trash it goes

I’m willing to bet that the only interesting thing about that guy as an individual is the fact that he owns an AR10 so naturally, he feels a need to shoehorn it into every conversation he can.

Much shorter range, less power, and different shooting characteristics due to cartridge. SVDs are also not AKs despite their appearance. Tabuks PSLs are just that.

Thats a shame because AR15s in America are some of the most common and normal guns. It is like saying hey I own a honda civic.

I love my AR15 but no one cares at a range or anything because everyone has one.

All i want is a MOA capable, easily scopeable, full-size round semi auto thats wood and steel.

Is this my only choice?

Uhh not really but you could slap some wood on an FAL, PTR, or other semi auto.

Attached: ma9102_1200x3061.png (1200x306, 248K)

SVDs are not MOA capable you mong

>SVD
>MOA
Try again sempai

4 1/2 to 6 grand for an original? thats a hard pass for me, dawg.

Wait, really? Then why even bother?
Why do they have this near-mythical status then?
Not trolling, actually curious.

B-but Jow Forums told me M1As suck

yeah well my dad can beat up your dad

Same. Really a shame, I would honestly put more than $1k down for one, even if it was just a US receiver, but it's just not worth the price of a used car.

Attached: 1553732413606.png (331x349, 142K)

>outshoot SVD with cheapo AR-150

To be fair, in 99.99% of competitions between the two, the SVD gets spamcan slavshit bimetal ammo, while the AR gets brass cased Federal GoldMedal© Match™ fuddrounds.

AR fags will retardedly accept this, when the reality is that if you put similar ammo in both rifles, they'll shoot very similarly. To the point where it doesn't really matter, especially when you consider the effective range.

Attached: 1.png (645x730, 27K)

*ar-10

You can get good MOA with M1As but you have to be realistic. These kinds of guns are bought because they primarily are fucking cool. Most people doing crazy sport shooting have guns that look stupid to maximize accuracy. So some of it is looks vs function if you want a sexy wood gun.

SVDs were designed to be light and ergonomic and be able to minute of man out to 400. you're a fucking noguns loser and I hate you

Russian receiver SVDs are not gonna happen, atm ATF will deny anything from Izh/KC or Molot cause of sanctions, before that SVDs are banned by not being on the VRA list so unless they remark them and lie on the form 6 not gonna happen.

I didnt think 1 MOA was considered crazy sport shooting, given that many cheap bolt guns can routinely achieve that with half-decent ammo. Now, I get that a semi auto is more complicated and you gotta pay for that, but seems that there should be a sexy semi auto thats wood and steel at, say, SCAR or gucci AR10 prices

Are they banned primarily by name?

Couldn't they just call it an SVK and get receivers from some random other country.

Bit touchy bout your raifu eh m8?

thank god I've been fucking sweating like a madman this whole thread
i asked the hungry hungry hipparians on akfiles for a right side receiver shot to confirm
>izhmash or i don't smash

Attached: beth2.jpg (1620x1080, 379K)

many many many men were put in the ground with SVDs, or provided accurate fire and suppressed enemies for rifleman to move and kill.
you're a noguns nigger, post a gun

You can get 1 MOA from an M1A. it is all about the design and modern guns like AR10s and Scars are more accurate.

Its not at cool?

>can't into English
>aggressive and combative for no reason
>calls me names

Hey man if you like your guns for the reasons you cite, that's fine. Some guns I own for their history as well. No need to get all worked up.

>post a gun
You dont tell me what to do though.

No nigger, it appears you don't know what a DMR is
>don't tell me what to do though
you are at 19 years old at most. this board is turning to shit

>4.5-6k
>US made receiver
is this a plot to further increase the prices of svd-esque rifles in the US?

turning to shit? really? its been shit for years.

Really user, why the mean spirit? So what if I didnt know what a designated marksman's rifle was? What if I didn't own any guns? Why wouldn't you just help a man learn something new?
There are too many opponents out there for us to be yelling at each other. Anyhow I hope you do alright.

Because not everything has to be based on functionality; it's the same idea as buying a milsurp Tokarev when a Glock 19 police trade-in would destroy it as a practical CCW weapon.

you're right, i'm retarded

Attached: dsc_0011_1.jpg (1620x1080, 380K)

Is that a livable wage there? How's quality of life? There's a job over there I might eventually take.

"antique"- Original rifle, price point 4.5-6k
new- Complete rifle, price point somewhere between
US Made Receiver- All matching parts kits built on a US receiver, price point 2k.

>US Made Receiver- All matching parts kits built on a US receiver, price point 2k.

you literally shouldn't be able to vote

wish some slav company would make a modernized SVD that uses AR10 mags, chambered in .308 with a hinged dust cover and top rail. sure if we didn't make importing so tricky slavs would make all kinda cool shit for us.

Just anything Russian and not on the list can’t be imported same reason Russian SKSs can’t be imported anymore.

They could but if the gaytf found out they’d be in huge shit

>fuck Clinton and Yeltsin

I'm sorry user, I'm on edge thinking I just made a bad purchase. I should have tried to educate rather than attack you.
Russian military SVDs (24"), imported commercial Tiger hunting rifles ("20" with non-adjustable gas port among other minor changes), both made by Izhevsk in Izhmash along with Chinese NDM (24") in 7.62x54 and .308 are very rare and expensive (real Russian SVDs sell for $20k, NMDs are more common than Tigers but still expensive)
These non Izzy "SVD" imports will not rattle the svd-esque rifles in the US like this dummy thinks big shout out to

Not him but if you are buying something due to artificial scarcity don't be surprised if prices drop when more enter the supply. More people will flock to these to own a close enough SVD than a real one.

Then how has Sweaty Ben been able to Import Russian Mosins from Ukraine within the past year?

SVDs are sub-moa capable, but theres massive variance from rifle to rifle and they're quite ammo picky. However, these probably wont be anything close.
Source: from a country where SVDs are readily available and nothing special, mine is about 0.8 with handloads at 200 yards; probably can do better. Worth noting Russian optics suck

I'm guessing he's talking about this:
>tcc.export.gov/Trade_Agreements/All_Trade_Agreements/exp_005371.asp
The 91/30 is on the list. The SKS is not.

Everything you want is an objective downgrade to what the SVD already is.

This. It can be done, but it takes work and patience.

How so?

>from Ukraine
Hmmmm

Yeah, that's a thinker alright.

I could buy so many more guns with 6 grand