Fixed stock or adjustable?

Fixed stock or adjustable?

Attached: BCWA3S-16D.jpg (500x260, 78K)

Collapsible for operator larp. Fixed A1 stock if you're a Chad.

An adjustable length of pull is nice, as long as it doesn't rattle and you use an H2 buffer with rifle gas. Source, the Canadian army.

it doesn't matter, options fixed provides are unused 99% of the time anyway. its not like you can change it under stress anyway. better to have a fixed at a comfortable position.

Always wondered why Phil and now I know. Canadian. And a Fudd. A fate worse than death desu.

you realize those are dissipators, right?

fixed balances better and has less felt recoil
collapsible is still more convenient.

Wrong on both counts.

Wooden fixed stock.

Attached: woody.jpg (4032x2041, 1.14M)

wow way to reveal your lack of power level
I always thought you were legit lol

He's worse than a Canadian, he's a chomo Califag.

If you have a 20 inch barrel you should have a fixed stock since you're not going to be using that indoors anyways
If you have a 16 inch or shorter you should get the adjustable

Attached: 1105172120.jpg (1600x1200, 240K)

what furniture
what rifle
what mag
what sling

Collapsible for larp
A1 for LRRP

IN THE SHADOW OF THE VALLEY

I'm not. A fucking. Canadian. And if I were a fudd I wouldn't be here. Are you mental?

f i x e d

Attached: P_20190407_153151_LL.jpg (2048x2744, 1.28M)

I WOULD LIKE TO SETTLE DOWN

and then he became the

B I G I R O N

Attached: P_20190407_151934_LL.jpg (2048x2744, 1.23M)

Exit ‘Jow Forums‘ and launch ‘sling tv’?

>Fixed functionality
>Collapsible aesthetics
Worst of both combined into one

IMO, adjustable is neat, but not mandatory. 99.999% of the time, you pick one setting and leave it.

So why not get fixed with the proper LoP?

I'd argue that the ones who stick to fixed stocks to prove how different/tough they are are the real larpers.

Or you know just normal guys who fit the standard arm length that the fixed stock was designed for.

>what is body armor
>what is going to the range with women or children

>armor
Mega larp
>women and children
I mean if they want a rifle then they can get their own, probably ones better suited to them since they aren't the owners/primary shooters of the AR in question.

Fixed stock and 20rd mags for the aesthetic

God yes finally someone did it right. All other wood furniture looks awful. Also 10/10 for fallout

HERA or nothing.

>I mean if they want a rifle then they can get their own
Or just use your rifle that has an adjustable stock because it's 2019

adjustable carbon fiber wood g10 fixed tele-collapsing adjustable cheek rising fixed stock with leather mosin nagant wrap with shell holders holding an expo marker, glow stick, cigar, walmart yogurt drink, and a rubber band wrap of crayons with one pencil.

>finding an excuse to have a minimum number of guns
Never gonna make it

Having a single gun is an accomplishment on this board, let's be honest

That rifle is odd, but very neat looking. I like it, have mine.

Attached: IMG_20190501_212803492.jpg (2448x3264, 1.61M)

How long is the barrel in total? Is the XM177 moderator legit or just a flash hider? Why not use any other modern flash hider/brake

Ive been wanting an m110SASS clone since I played soldier front when I was in 5th grade. I should start that project soon.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

dang i remember this game. i had have sas spetsnaz force recon

That stock looks nice

WIDE OPEN SPACE

This game was the shiiiiit. I had the basic characters and I remember getting the red beret and some guy telling me it gives away my position easier. I love that game.

As much as I like the idea of a fixed stock, there's no technical reason to run one these days.
Even if you always run it at the same position, and even if that position is the same as the length of an A1 or A2 stock, being able to collapse it down for storage and transport is nice.
Adjustable stocks almost always offer more and better sling mounting options than fixed stocks.
Enhanced cheekweld telestocks like the SOPMOD are way nicer places to put your face than the vast majority of fixed stocks.
The Vltor A5 buffer system exists if you want rifle reliability and carbine functionality.

That said, it's a free country, do what makes you happy.

Attached: AR7.jpg (640x480, 59K)

Fixed skeleton stock.

Attached: IMG_20190501_191412493.jpg (4160x3120, 2.01M)

This thing Is sexy af man. Nice job.

im surprised at how much more comfy the fixed stock was
i just bought the xbrn16e1 retro rifle from brownells and i didnt really know what to expect since ive never fired or much less held a rifle length ar before. i got this specific one because i remember seeing the 3 prong flash hiders in full metal jacket when i was a kid.
>pros
its the perfect length of pull and is comfy in my shoulder

>cons
its hollow and kind of feels cheap. the guy at the range said his buddy has an actual old 60s AR and said that his furniture was way worse and felt like a chinese wal mart toy plastic, but i have nothing to compare mine to so i dont know. the fore end furniture is also kind of wonky because of the way it clam shells. it doesnt always match up and i imagined in my head it would be a lot more tight and less prone to shifting. its not visually noticeable but when im holding it and can feel the ridge between the two halves it kind of bugs me. because its so visually "greeble-less" unlike a modern ar with rails and holes and all kindsa stuff on it, it almost looks like a toy reproduction. i can definitely see why dudes going from garands and m14s to that thought it was a piece of shit.

i brought my carbine at the same time to zero them both in and going back to the carbine was uncomfortable to say the least. i think im pretty much sold on full length ARs so i may putz around with the FN15 or build a full length from scratch.

Attached: xl_078000401_4-(2).jpg (1200x1200, 49K)

F O L D I N G

Attached: IMG_3679.jpg (768x537, 60K)

Lol no, the brownells furniture is pure ass. Actual A1 furniture is sturdy. That's what you get for trusting brownells quality on a batch of fucked up receivers.

Absolutely disgusting

>Actual A1 furniture is sturdy.
[citation needed]
They changed the plastic formulation for the A2's furniture for a reason, and that reason was A1 furniture being brittle garbage that broke all the time.

Objectively correct, but impractical on an AR.

Yeah, maybe don't use your rifle as a pry bar and you're set numbnuts. For casual shooting, innawoods bullshittery A1 furniture will last. Stop talking about things you know not a damn thing about much less have physically touched.

>it's a free country

Not if you're in a ban state, a fixed stock is an evil feature here which is one of the reasons I've been considering a similar build to pic related which would at least give me detachable mags. Also, I think it looks fantastic. Not ideal but that's life.

Attached: 47404046_275495086445711_8641481370493659077_n.jpg (1079x565, 137K)

And by a fixed stock I mean the exact opposite.

Exiting Vehicles, aircraft, climbing through windows, body armor, rope shit, CQB...

Boomers LARP with fixed stocks. If it isn't a DMR style rifle, you are LARPing.

You exiting passenger jets on the reg with your AR ready homeslice? Or are they plywood mockups you've made in your moms basement?

Telescoping stocks always yank at my facial hair when I shoot.

Yes genius because passenger jets are the most used infil aircraft for LEO and Military.

If you've ever FRIE'd out of a rotary wing aircraft you will know you want your rifle to be as compact as it can be. No one likes a buttstock to the chin.

Uh huh sure bud we're all DoD contractors here QUICK user THERE'S A FASTROPE AROUND THE CORNER GO GO GO GO

Nah bud, just LARPers who don't use there guns except to show off their aesthetic fixed musket stocks.

QUICK user GOOKS IN THE WIRE GOGOGO

Baby's first comeback aww.

THE WIND ON MY FACE

Attached: AR-15 with Wood.jpg (700x959, 111K)

If you don't use a fixed stock you're a cuck

>Fixed A1 stock

Manlet detected.

First post best post

The real question is: are you a bad enough dude to rock fixed carry handle irons and nothing else?

Attached: 29A01479-80FE-41B7-B150-BB18FB41BCF8.jpg (839x640, 230K)

All of you retards actually post guns, if you have any...

>A1 furniture is brittle
>Hurr you're fucking stupid and don't know what you're talking about but still don't use it as hard as the other stuff
Wowee you're dumb

I don't know why but something about a dissipator or a carry handle 20 inch upper w/ adjustable stock, that makes me hard as fuck

Attached: prediss20inch[1].jpg (800x298, 39K)

Jesus Christ go away retard. Is the resin fiberglass brittle if you're jumping on and off transports and banging your rifle against steel or landing on it? Yes. Is it going to turn into powder if you sneeze on it hiking though the woods with it? No. Shut the fuck up.

L E A F D E T E C T E D.

Attached: 1556657896098~2.jpg (286x194, 13K)

This makes me moist.

Not many people running a C More on an AR outside of competition shooters.
Does it Co witness with the irons?

Not even the first guy but he said A1 furniture is brittle and thats why they used new plastics and designs for the A2 (all of which is factually true). Your response was to sperg the fuck out over your beloved A1 being shit on. Fact is A1 furniture sucks outside of aesthetics

Boy oh boy, another retard.

Wow thats not an argument now is it you seething nogunz

>Brownells furniture is better than A1
>it's actually not and warps on a sunny day
>BUT MUH GUBBMNT!!!
Fuck off you blithering fucking idiot. Brownells furniture is the spaghetti stained tupperware of the AR15 furniture world and eats shit compared to even the worst condition A1 surplus furniture.

And like the original user said, A1 furniture is still brittle, its a well known fact A2 was 10x stronger. No one ever said the brownells stuff was 1:1 and a perfect representation of milsurp.

You might want to shut up and listen, I and others in here have actually used surplus A1 furniture, unlike you

When the first post, is the best post.

No you goddamn retard. The autist brought that point up for no reason other than to justify his shitty brownells hack job. Stop trying to move the goal posts for him. The whole original point was that he said brownells was better quality than surplus A1 stuff. It is a few mm thick of plastic that you can bend pressing in with your thumb. It's shit. Beyond shit even. The whole point until you and the gaggle of retards brought up the DoD was that surplus furniture ran laps around brownells furniture. Was it brittle? Yes also didn't help being used and abused day in day out by grunts. Are you slapping your clone around using it as a hammer? No. Then it'll last just fine. Think before you speak next time.

Have you ever actually handled brownells or A1 stuff?

Yes I bought a pair to swap for my A1 stuff so I didn't ding it. Used it once and in the box it sits.

Lets see a pic, nogunz

You first pal, why waste my time on a tourist from r/guns?

Enjoy nigger

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-02-03 at 2.21.06 AM.jpg (1200x1600, 208K)

Shit guns and shit opinions. Not unexpected. Where'd you get your Rothco tigerstripe? Wal-Mart?

Attached: A1.jpg (485x720, 163K)

I never made any claims about Brownells's products, just that actual A1 furniture was brittle.
I don't even own a Brownells gun.

You realize genuine A1 furniture is, at the newest, 30+ years old.. Dont you? And that polymers and composites degrade over time even without use?
>so it stands to reason that something which already started out brittle would, after thrity years of degredation, be especially brittle

I'm getting the distinct impression the seething retard doesn't actually own any guns. Lets see a time stamp, sperg

Yeah, I leave all my old plastics in the sun for weeks on end and throw them in the oven every now and then for shits and giggles. I've got a hard plastic buffer on a HK4 that came with the pistol that is still surviving and being abused to this day. I think a fiberglass resin stock will be fine.

You first bad boy, you could have taken a picture of any number of autists wearing shitty clothes and owning bad rifles.

Y'ALL ARE STARTIN' TO LOOK LIKE ELVISES!

>old plastics and resins dont degrade on their own
Ok retard

Yep, bought a tupperware container 9 years and 364 days ago. I'm going to walk into the kitchen tomorrow and the only thing left will be a pile of dust. That's how all plastics work. One day they're there, next day you need the vacuum to clean up the mess. Moron.

>one of the world's most effective camouflages
>one of the few remaining Jow Forums approved AKs
>shit
Sorry bud but its pretty damn obvious you're a seething nogunz

Attached: 6vScT.jpg (717x880, 141K)

>effective
Where, in Ft. Polk and South East Asia?

I didn't realize the cnadian army accepted pedos

Literally doesn't even deny being nogunz. For the sake of your future retardposting, do you want me to tell you why I can tell you're a nogunz?

Go on, tell me.

Attached: Safe 1.png (756x1008, 1.62M)

Are you even American?