I want to build an AR. I’m 20 and can’t buy an AR lower because it’s “other...

I want to build an AR. I’m 20 and can’t buy an AR lower because it’s “other.” Other than being 20 I’m eligible to own one- and technically I can possess it, just not buy it. Is it legal for my friend to buy it and give it to me? Pic unrelated.

Attached: 2B8C8CA3-0882-4882-874A-16A616876DBE.jpg (400x500, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atf.gov/news/pr/woman-indicted-scheme-“straw-purchase”-guns-indiana-behalf-convicted-felon-chicago
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What state?

VA

Damn if only there were incomplete versions of said rifle that you could buy and finish yourself without penalty of law?

Technically true but I’d have to have it and the jig shipped. If I have to I will, but if this would work, it’s easier.

Wait I thought you only had to be 18 to buy a raffle, when did this happen?

Finishing an 80% is piss easy unless your only interaction with a drill is seeing a picture of one.

AR lower is “other” since it can be built into a pistol, SBR, or machine gun.
I didn’t say it was hard, just that this is easier.

straw pur·chase

a criminal act in which something, especially a firearm, is bought by one person on behalf of another who is legally unable to make the purchase themselves.

Where’s that from? In VA laws it says possessing, not purchasing, which is why I asked.

have them transfer it to you as a rifle?

United States Federal Law

He’d have to build it first, and while he’s a great guy, I trust his technical skills about as much as I trust a taurus. Maybe, but not definitely.

Thanks, question answered. I’ll mill my own base.

The federal law background check regulations require FFLs to verify the identity of a buyer and submit their name and other identifying information to a federal background check database in order to weed out felons, those with a history of mental illness and those barred from gun ownership for other reasons. Specifically, the federal Form 4473 and identification procedure make it clear that only the actual buyer is eligible to make the purchase. This is stipulated on the Form 4473, and it is further stated on that form that “If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm to you.”

In the U.S, a purchaser of a firearm from a FFL who lies about the identity of the ultimate possessor of the gun can be charged with making false statements on a Federal Firearms Transaction Record.

Why don’t you just buy one private sale ?

I’m glad I saved you from exchanging nasty butt sex for commissary privileges

CHICAGO — A Chicago woman has been indicted on federal firearm charges for conspiring to “straw purchase” handguns in Indiana on behalf of a convicted felon in Chicago.

MONICA NAVEJAR, 31, purchased the guns from licensed dealers in Indiana and falsely certified on federal forms that she was the actual buyer, according to an indictment returned in U.S. District Court in Chicago. In reality, Navejar purchased the guns on behalf of a convicted felon in Chicago whom Navejar knew was prohibited from legally purchasing firearms on his own, the indictment states. The felon directed Navejar to buy certain firearms that he wanted and then provided her with the purchase money, according to the charges.

The conspiracy charge is punishable by a maximum sentence of five years in prison, while the charge of knowingly disposing a firearm to a felon is punishable by up to ten years. If convicted, the Court must impose a reasonable sentence under federal statutes and the advisory U.S. Sentencing Guidelines.

atf.gov/news/pr/woman-indicted-scheme-“straw-purchase”-guns-indiana-behalf-convicted-felon-chicago

Nigga, have you seen the armslist listings for stripped lowers?
It's 99% poverty state meme lowers going for $150.

Attached: 1552967778583.jpg (2500x3500, 968K)

Not quite the same thing as she was purchasing for a felon.

Any more pics like that?

Lying on the form is lying on the form
Try it and see how it works

Just buy every part except the lower, and then buy the lower for your 21st birthday.

Attached: 5.56AR15M16PartsKit.FlatTopUpperWdetachablecarryinghandle1AR150.jpg (800x427, 76K)

I pretty much did but that’s not for a couple months, so I’ll just buy that 80

Not him but it's worked pretty well so far, I don't know what your fucking problem is.

Have your dad or grandpa buy it like everyone else already did.

This OP.
I was counting the days til my 21st so I could get a CC handgun.
Make sure you apply for your cc license on your 21st too.

Should've taken better advantage of your lack of time pressure and Gucci'd your shit up.

Cut up an 80% blank into a receiver

>can’t buy an AR lower because it’s “other.”
Then get a premade rifle, it's "rifle".

>Is it legal for my friend to buy it and give it to me
No, read first question on 4473.

based bayelit poster

Parents are neoliberal retards. If that was an option I’d have done it.
Would have if I’d realized the ATF was that retarded.
>want to build AR
>buy premade rifle
big brain

PSA/M&P default low cost rifle is a legit starting point for an AR build.
Also, BCM sells lowers with extensions and their stocks installed on them. They transfer as "rifle" too.

Sacrifice the lives of your friends OP and your wish to build an AR at 20 will come true.

Attached: 719B39D7-F0E0-42FE-BC8D-B354E93F8BB2.jpg (507x502, 263K)

>implying OP has friends

>Also, BCM sells lowers with extensions and their stocks installed on them. They transfer as "rifle" too.
Nope. An AR receiver doesn't become a rifle when a stock is attached. It becomes a rifle when the receiver is barreled, with a stock attached.

I'm not sure if they care about sematics, they just transfer them to FFL as rifles.

The FFL should, because if he's transferring them to

I did, but the God Hand asked me to wait until I turn 21.

Step 1. Buy a $200 3d printer (Ender 3)
Step 2. Buy 1kg of ABS filament ($20)
Step 3. D/L FOSSCAD
Step 4. Print Bolt Lower by RollaTroll
Step 5. Assemble

Your welcome. That spool can make 4 complete lowers.

Attached: 20190505_201403.jpg (4128x2322, 3.16M)

fuck you phil