Hex Reciever Mosin

I bought a hex reciever mosin nagant today with all matching serial numbers in excellent condition. Pic isn't mine but is just used for pic requirement. Did I do good anons? Fun fact, hex recievers were first used and then when the war started, the typical round recievers were pumped out due to quicker manufacturing.

Attached: Mosin-Nagant-M91-30-Hex-Reciever-11.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4O0qkpf5O0A?t=23
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>requirement. Did I do good anons? Fun fact, hex recievers were first used and then when the war started, the typical round recievers were pumped out due to quicker manufacturing.
Really, the Russians were at war in 1936?

Stamps, and how much you paid?

>before war: hex
>beginning war: round

>did I do good
Doesn’t list purchase price.

not OP and I only collect rifles and AKs, what do you mean by stamps?

I bought it for 350

Proofs and Markings

I apologize I only saw a marking for something resembling something russian. Can you tell me which markings I should be looking for?

7.62x54r.net has all you'll need and more to identify your garbage rod.

Attached: Fish Feel Nothing.jpg (2592x1944, 1.32M)

thanks man

kek
>garbage rod

they are going up in price, user

Receiver markings

Also, the date should be on the underside of the tang, like pic related

Attached: IMG_3699.jpg (1753x2761, 1.36M)

lucky bastard. where did you find it?

>Did I do good?
No, you bought a fucking garbage rod. The mosin meme should've died 5 years ago. 150% not worth the money anymore. Could've bought a Mauser for the same price and had an actually decent firearm.

Cabelas. They got two crates from russia and a friend that works there told me that two of the crates had hex ones so me and him bought em

I wouldn't pay that much for a Nugget but if you like it then you didn't fuck up. Got mine for $200 a few years ago but it's a rushed production. Also nice digits.

I wanted one super bad and was willing to pay it I think it will be fun and I got 500 rounds for $125 and I will enjoy this gun Ive wanted one for years

The fact that you don't understand that price does not equal to quality means you are either 16 or have severe brain damage

in cabelas logic it does. You pay more for better quality, as the cheap ones there are rusted or certain pieces may not match serial numbers. 350-400 at cabelas right now for mosins at least guarantee zero rust and well quality mosins. Most may not pay this price, but they truly are excellent guns that for those who truly want one, it will be worth it to them.

It certainly doesn't reflect prestige in the case of your average mosin either. Nor an accurate representation of supply and demand considering other surp still sells for less. It's just price gouging because of meme status.

>1936
>Beginning of war
Pick one.

You do realize that the hex was replaced due to demanda requiring corners to be cut right?....no pun intended

Yes, I do. That has nothing to do with a war that Russia wasn't in because the decision came in 1936.

Post them matching numbers

Can't right now but I'll make a thread later to post everything for you guys

That's a fair 2019 price for a nice matching hex. Even better if you got a bayonet and other goodies.

thanks

>>>www.reddit.com/guns

God, I feel old, just 8 years ago every dealer was selling the garbage rod for $90 and $90 for a 440rd spam can.

You're not the only one. Hell I'm the OP and 6 years ago I went to the same Cabelas and I didn't have the money, but these things were only $100 at the time AND came with an oil flask, bayonette, two ammo pouches, and some strips.

The other day? Gun doesn't come with shit.

>tfw bought pic related for $199 a few months ago and paid $120 for a spam can of silver tips
It's all numbers matching (no force matches) and has a shiny bore with no counter bore, but the prices on mosins is still absolutely insane these days. My local Cabela's is charging $400 for mismatched and rusty mosins now.

Attached: mosin.jpg (1088x4048, 1.68M)

wtf is the point of this thread other than "guys I bought a gun and I have no pictures but trust me ok?"

Attached: 1549766836908.png (638x562, 231K)

>he doesn't want to shitpost about guns on the gun board of a Mongolian basket weaving forum

It's hard for me not to post pics because I am moving. Literally the last thing I did before moving was check cabelas for a mosin

Mine is too

You can thank the corporate heads for the cabelas prices

I actually asked one of the guys in charge of the guns section about it. He just laughed and said "yeah I know it's crazy, but that's what we're told to list them for". I personally think everyone should have a mosin just for collection's sake (and a mauser, enfield, and so on), but the prices on milsurp in general these days are just flat out bonkers.

yep was told the same thing. Friend that works at cabelas said the employees got an email saying all mosins other than the ones with the skus ending in 222 are to be 350 - 400. The ones ending in 222 are super rusted/ poor conditions ones that corporate wants to get rid of for 250

Not bad user. Not the cheapest I have seen, but you didn't get too fucked. and you got some freebies. I prefer using brown bear 203gr because it's not super high pressure and it will help with the sticky bolt.

8.5/10 good

Attached: 1554708342141.jpg (708x480, 37K)

Is that what causes the sticky bolt? I run silver tip surplus through mine, and I occasionally have to give my bolt a good smack to get it open.

OP here, I bought old russian surplus ammo, is that ok?

I have found that surp ammo seems higher pressure, whereas new ammo is a lot lighter on the gun. I shoot both
totally fine. just clean it after range time because surp is corrosive. Not a big deal. If you come back from the range and can only clean one gun, clean your mosin. not cleaning corrosive ammo can pit and wear the barrel, slowing making it less accurate.

The picture came from this board and I snagged it sometime in 2010. Settle down aspie.

>thinking I was referring to the image

Attached: 37a.jpg (673x680, 121K)

Well I'll let you get back to r/guns since you know so much about it then.

>The Redditor is immunized against all dangers. one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, unoriginal, meme thief, it all runs of him like water off a raincoat. But call him a redditor and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: 'I've been found out'

Attached: 101408857_135413849896.jpg (250x306, 19K)

So are you complaining about 54r.net or the phrase "garbage rod"? Because the latter was coined here and use affectionately towards the long rod like rifle that was essentially garbage but was cheap. Compounded by the picture of the mosin acting as a fishing rod, it's a double entendre that calls back to humor that was present on this board in the early 2010s and before. So before you tell me you started posting in 2007, would you kindly fuck off back to wherever you came from 'oldfag'.

>because the latter was coined here
Literally the first recorded instance of garbage rod, Mar 2016 on TFB
youtu.be/4O0qkpf5O0A?t=23
Get fucked, redditfag

Attached: e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg (800x450, 28K)

Jesus Christ you're a fucking moron.

It's okay, don't worry. Just remember you're in the company of people that frequent TFB
:^]

Hex is good. Much easier to mate a rail to compared to round.

Attached: IMG_20190328_122821.jpg (640x480, 52K)

the fug

Fuck off Bubba

die

Mosins are not worth what they are sold for. Their popular following in the West was rooted in how cheap they were. At this point Savage Axis beats them across the map and will become the new de facto poorfag bolty.