World War 1 artillery

Is there any actual recorded sound of the trenches in World War 1? If not, what is the closest recreation of the sounds of the battlefield?

Attached: Chateauwood.jpg (782x600, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B9qrglK6S44
youtu.be/mRPFQMO8yX4
youtube.com/watch?v=dTA10n1Ztqo
noisehelp.com/noise-level-chart.html
vimeo.com/194223614
youtube.com/watch?v=_a8h-PRQVRU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hVmelQMLkwY
youtube.com/watch?v=yTmimW2Iw20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is the only one I know of.

youtube.com/watch?v=B9qrglK6S44

youtu.be/mRPFQMO8yX4

youtube.com/watch?v=dTA10n1Ztqo

I’m imagine it gun fire mixed with men screaming and yelling and the splashing of mud and water and then the whistling and explosion of artillery

Man, these recreations are fucking bad. Again, is there any sounds of the actual war?

I doubt it, recording was barely a thing in peacetime and what little wartime recordings we have we have is just some of the first photographs of combat in modern history. The tech wasn't there and most nations just made propaganda with fake battle sounds anyways.

Generally no: The media were kept the hell away from the frontlines when shit was going badly (read: most of the time) and even then, you'd be unlikely to get any sound recordings since silent films were the media of the era.

No faggot, there's barely even ww2 audio.

>the fucking birds chirping a minute after

jesus

As if your beats by dr dre were ever going to provide authenticity, even at full volume
your best bet would be this:
> buy ammonia, bleach, BAR, bucket, shovel
> drive to beach, fill bucket with sand
> take everything into the bathroom.
> Close the door but don't turn on the lights
> put the bucket of sand beside the shower
> turn the shower on cold
> stand in the water
> keep standing there until you begin to shiver
> dump the bleach and ammonia in the bucket of sand
> as the fumes rise magdump BAR into the bucket

that's not perfect, but it'll get you close

>As if your beats by dr dre were ever going to provide authenticity, even at full volume

Yes they will, poorfag.

Attached: 8o8jhkn.jpg (4032x3024, 3.25M)

really, faggot?
those shitflaps go all the way up to 175-180 decibels?

noisehelp.com/noise-level-chart.html

>Muh loud sound is all that matters!

Attached: e20.png (600x600, 75K)

I have an amp that probably could.

Just know that it was loud as fuck.
As the WWI vet said in They Shall Not Grow Old:
>...you lived in a world of noise, and simply noise for hours.

Attached: WWI Belleau Wood.jpg (775x1024, 247K)

> i can't read good enough to notice the comprehensive ww1 misery simulation curriculum outlined in

alright, that's a start. get the rest of the program pulled together and learn, nigga

Ukraine would be a good place to start, lots of artillery, not as much as WWI by any means but it would give you a taste.

what the fuck is this gay shit? literally music to my ears i can fall asleep to this
is this all fags in the trenches had to endure? what paradise.

>194 sound waves become shock waves

Attached: yes.png (152x254, 41K)

you start looking at war on a moving picture screen and hearing it through a speaker and you'll never learn the truth about it.

vimeo.com/194223614

youtube.com/watch?v=_a8h-PRQVRU

Fucking kek, reminds me of the greentext on how to properly enjoy Das Boot.
Anyone know where I can get a hold of a BAR so i can try this?

Audio technology at the time was still primitive as there were no microphones. Instead, they had to use a giant acoustic horn to funnel the sound vibrations into a gramophone record, which needless to say is hardly practical in a combat environment.

They did pull it off once however. There is a single live audio recording of Livens projectors firing gas shells. It's the only battlefield recording from WW1 and the first such recording ever made.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hVmelQMLkwY

good find.

working with tech like that, a real shell going off is probably going to push the needle straight through your wax cylinder or whatever.
even modern tech can't communicate such power, so contemporary tech certainly wasn't even gonna try.

But at least we have the voices of some lime-fags pushing bottles of chemicals with compressed air or low pressure charges, however they did it.

I used to have a bookmark(still have it I guess but the vid is deleted, fuck you youtube) of video taken by 2 Syrian rebels while they were getting mortared hard as fuck. I'll try to narrate it as best I can:
>vid starts, they are at some kind of a gate with a wall on the left and a small building with pine trees on the right
>generic unaimed autofire at things in front of them
>first thumps come in, they are near but not quite close enough
>our two heroes retreat into a trench behind the small building and huddle low
>impacts are closer now and coming in at a high rate
>you can actually hear the frag flying over the mic before you hear the explosions
>frag sounds like the most terrifying shredding sound in your life, like some kind of machine tearing apart metal sheets, all condensed into a fraction of a second
>these very close bursts are almost 2 per second, I'm assuming at least 2 tubes at max rate
>camera turns up, catches the pine branches swaying, shuddering, falling apart(and onto our two unlucky men)
>bursts get closer, the time between the shredding sound and the bang shrinks to almost zero
>amidst the bursts, a scream, branches fall, camera turns down and looks at the leg of the cameraman
>small spot of blood is the only visible gore, but cameraman and/or his buddy are making uncomfortable sighing sounds with occasional moans
>more dirt and tree parts fall on our cameraman
fin

I wish this was still on the internet. It's the best receiving-end video I've ever seen. I still wonder if the SAA was using airburst fuses, because the frag sound was very clear and our men got hit while in a trench. But then again they probably can't afford a lot of VT, so I dunno

Attached: 1484442649270.jpg (1600x1067, 250K)

Yeah no, whoever did audio design on that should be fired already.

DONT DO THIS IT MAKES CHLORINE GAS

You can always sneak into a artillery range while it's in use.

youtube.com/watch?v=yTmimW2Iw20

that's literally the point - gotta get the full experience