Vision impaired operation

Is there any Jow Forums approved way to still be effective with eyeglasses? Last thing I want is my bitch ass nerd gazers to break or fall off mid boogaloo and I’m just fucked.

Attached: 48454137-FFBE-422E-B6CD-6908A09F69B4.jpg (540x340, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

americanrefractivesurgerycouncil.org/lasik-complication-rate-latest-facts/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1319453418302996
lasikcomplications.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

$5 elastic strap

LASIK

CRT lenses

Are these actually effective?

I have no personal experience, a friend of mine uses them and plays a bunch of sports and stuff just fine. You put them in at night so they reshape the outer part of your eye and you take them out when you wake up and can see perfectly, you need to wear them every night or every other night though. Apparently they are also a bit expensive

Get a nerdstrap

I got a paracord one I use sometimes. It’s just fucking gay that it’s 2019, my car can drive itself, I hold access to all recorded knowledge in my pocket, and drones deliver packages, but I still can’t fucking see like a normal person

Contacts for daily use and not interfering with head-ware/eye protection, safety rated prescription glasses for boogaloo

I agree that glasses are the best long term solution I know of, but is there nothing better? They’re more manageable than contacts sure, but god forbid I ever look down because then I get to watch them plummet to oblivion

So stop being poor, and pay someone to shoot lazers into your eyes.

It’s not permanent. I’d have to pay a laser faggot $5K every 10 years with a shortening time between sessions. Not to mention them permafucking my eyes if the nurse so much as sneezes

>never had his glasses properly fitted in his life
There is no solution to your retardation, other than suicide. Please use a rope instead of a gun, for statistical reasons.

But that's wrong you retard.

>god forbid I ever look down because then I get to watch them plummet to oblivion
jeeeeez. get frames that actually fit your head, not whatever looks cool or trendy. also ask your optometrist to fit your frames, tell him every detail you're not happy with (glasses slip or sit too low or hurt your ears or whatever). I can fucking headbang with my glasses.

>t. Has never worn glasses
They wear out in like 3 weeks champ. Then they’re looser than shit unless you keep hand bending them

Maybe the walmart $20 wire frame ones. I used to wear crazy horse? and once I had them fitted they stayed until an act of god or my own stupidity got them knocked off my face.

Attached: 7503-4SIDE.jpg (863x400, 152K)

Exactly what part of it? LASIK isn’t permanent. PRK is the closest thing you can get to permanent and it’s still iffy

Not him but if you have bad astigmatism like I do then Lasik and PRK are off the table. Only permanent solution is intraocular contacts, where they put them inside your eye like cataract surgery in reverse. It's like 5k for both eyes

Mine are name brand. What do you do for work? Look upwards 8.5 hours a day?

>Not to mention them permafucking my eyes if the nurse so much as sneezes
That is not how the laser works

That doesn’t exactly sound effective. What if you need an updated prescription? Do they fish the old ones out?

no. contacts are infinitely superior as your peripheral vision sucks with glasses. glasses should be your backup.

Contacts, I use sclerals, they don't come out unless you really, really want them to. Only downside is they get kind of sore after a few hours/blurry and you can only fix it by taking them out and letting your eye rest, and they are an absolute bitch to put in and then take out/put up at night.

Explain that to the 6-7 people I know with fucked up eyes and tear ducts because the diversity hire can’t hold the shiny light still

Jesus H. Fuck hello 1990, hows the stock market?
PRK is the predominant corrective surgery used today, lasik has since been on the wayside. PRK and modern lasik last for life. What they don't do is stop your eye from aging. Which happens to everybody in different ways at different ages. It also heavily depends on who you go to. You should expect to pay no less than $2k per eye, any less and yes you got what you paid for, a botch job. A surprising number 2k+ jobs are corrective procedures for retards who went to a strip mall next to a taco hut to get a $400 combo special go to work next day job and it shit the bed within the year. TMYK.

Order a dozen pairs of cheap glasses online.

Construction and construction accessories.

I’m more concerned with longevity. Glasses can be worn longer, but can break easily. Contacts are more effective, but god forbid you wear them for longer than 12 hours

Same here. Obviously one of us is either slacking or putting in too much effort

From the youtube videos I have seen, you lie under the machine while it lasers your eyes and it shuts off if it detects and movement. Not sure what to tell you than make sure you get a good docter I guess

ive had the same pair of biomedics xc’s in for over 5 months. i take them out every week or 2 and sleep without them for a night. fuckers discontinued them and its my last pair. had to order some acuvue oasys that i havent tried yet from some obscure dealer in poland as nobody will sell you shit without a prescription and my optometrist wouldnt give me a copy of my prescription without paying for a visit. i use eyedrops when i wake up, maybe once during the day and before bed. one bottle will last months. glasses are for retards.

Get prescription sunglasses and get all your glasses fitted.

what happens when you wear them for 12 hours? nothing happens to me

Fucking lol. Quit buying garbage jackass. I don't even know how you manage that because I never paid attention to name brands except for only buying from eyewear stores. And I spend so much time hunched over in awkward positions that I get chronic neck aches. These literally only get knocked off if I get punched in the face.

Attached: 20190506_212438.jpg (2048x1536, 545K)

No idea desu, that's just what my optometrist told me last month

I get all my glasses at Costco and I've never actually had a pair wear out from daily wear.

Goddamnit are you me? I really miss those biomedics, acuvue oasys is ok, but they don't have nearly the longevity as the biomedics which I would also use 3-4 months. I really think the two weeks number is jewery and because most people are retards who can't even be trusted to clean their contacts well and remove them before sleeping.

Attached: tumblr_o4th56CdGc1r0tp4ho1_400.jpg (368x600, 67K)

Eyes get sore and dry out

Lmao. Ask me how I know you don’t wear glasses

This guy gets it. My Oakley nonsunglass frames are perfectly fitted to my head and I'm absolutely blind without them. I ride roller coasters with them on.

Just remember that Mike Vining wears glasses.
Get them properly fitted and that won’t be a problem you halfwit. Worst comes to worst get a sport strap if you can’t be assed to do so.
Except they don’t, my first pair at 10 years old lasted 5 years before snapping after getting regularly beat up. Don’t get $20 drug store tier frames and lenses and you’re good.
>dry your eyes out
>block of oxygen from getting to your eyes
>become a big irritant
I don’t have an issue with contacts, but I’ll stick more with my lenses.

I have ESS crosshairs (I think?). rock solid, stay on my head just fine through thick and thin and wet and dry without a strap. Yeah, they get a little fogged up sometimes, but desu so do regular single-lens setups under comparable conditions.

You start thinking traps aren't gay

Bring spares

The machine shuts off when it detects movement

Get disposable contacts. You can leave them in night and day for a week and toss them in a month.

Every time I feel like I’m less capable because of my glasses, I unironically look at Mike Vining’s Wikipedia page. What are those specs he wears? I’d love to get some, even if they make me look like an accountant in the 80’s.

have them fitted properly. glasses do not just fall off your face unless you're wearing them like Velma. plastic horn rim buddy holly frames that are popular with hipster faggots are terrible which is why people stopped wearing them for like 40 fucking years.

Holy shit you are retard. Both are a permanent corrective surgery. Your eyes can continue to change but the correction doesn't magically go away.

The price varies wildly by market dumb ass. The wavefront correction I recieved would have been about a grand more in other markets. Chosing a doctor and determining quality by an arbitrary price is the mark of a retarded poorfag.

That's how much LaHaye cost me. He's the bare minimum I'd go to.

Learn to shoot without your glasses. I practice without my lenses sometimes because there might be some instance where my glasses are damaged or otherwise unavailable but I still need to poke some holes in someone.

t.never worn contacts in a dusty environment

You know nothing about lasik you enormous piece of fag shit.

Daily reminder that lasik carries a non-negligible risk of
>astigmatism
>blurred vision
>vision loss
>constant discomfort
>dry eyes
>under/over correction
>infection

Also a reminder than the flap created in lasik never actually heals and you will always be a risk of dislocating it with any kind of impact to the eyes.

Of course some retard from Laff would think his local surgeon would some how be the end all be all and some sort of standard across country.

You got the odds of those happening too or are you just shitposting? And yes the flap does heal, that's the main problem with Lasik. It heals creating scar tissue that's blurry and has to have work done on it again to fix the blurry. Which is why PRK is more common than not that and the recovery period.

LaHaye kind of set the standard for Lasik when it was started. He's the go to for pretty much the whole Gulf Coast.
>living in Lafayette
Not for all of Midas' gold.

Tactical eyepro with lenses inside. Like the ones ESS sells.

The gulf coast is a 2 sigma to the left hole in the national IQ. Using what they do as an example isn't very smart. Understanding your local market and your local surgeons and selecting a doctor and plan based on your vision is better advice than listening to some random faggot tell you that the price of a doctor in bum fuck no where is applicable for quality assessment in your area. The fact that you got meme'd hard enough to think the procedure you got there isnt comparable to what's available in the rest of the country is hilarious.

>renowned surgeon
>had a procedure named after him
>was on the forefront of the machine design for RPK auto laser
>vs saving $400 bucks
Yeah alright bud.

>You got the odds of those happening too
americanrefractivesurgerycouncil.org/lasik-complication-rate-latest-facts/

The optimistic version is that 5-10 % people experience complications. I wouldn't like these odds even if it was 1 %.

>And yes the flap does heal
The skin layer on top of the flap does, but the flap itself is permanent, period. There are reported cases of flap dislocation up to 13 years after surgery.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1319453418302996

Lasik is fucking crap and the only reason people fall for it is minimal pain and fast recovery. If you are going to fuck with your eyes, don't be a fucking pussy and at least get PRK. Or just don't fuck with your eyes to begin with, the associated risks are not worth it over wearing glasses and contacts. You should be wearing some kind of glasses while shooting anyways.

Jesus Christ are you from the 1980s?

Read your own fucking website moron.

Not an argument.

Take your own advice. Maybe even educate yourself on probability if you actually like those odds.

Did you even read the website? Side effects reported are dry eyes and halos and other such expected outcomes from the surgery that last for a few months. This is expected and covered in all reading materials. Hell there's posters about it up in every room of the office even the toilet.

>been shooting
>Can't see the target past 10 yards
>Still get every shot in the black at 25yds
(The max distance at my indoor pistol range)
>Decide to go to the eye doctor
>Get corrective lenses can see like an eagle now
>Now I can't hit the broad side of a barn
HELP

White out your sight posts if they're metal. Helped me a ton in the beginning then over time your eye adjusts. Like a camera, but its organic so it's a union job.

lasikcomplications.com/

We can sit here are argue about the exact odds of permanent complications, but the fact is that the risk is non-negligible and runied the lives of many people. I just don't get why would you even consider, yet alone defend lasik when glasses and sporadic use of one day contacts (assuming you follow proper hygiene, that is wash your hands) is virtually risk free.

Slightly related - I have severe double vision. It is mostly corrected with my eyeglasses, but when I shift focus from near to far, or focus intently on something (so obviously an issue when shooting), my eyes begin to drift apart. To make matters worse, I'm left eye dominant, but right handed. For pistols, this is fine - I just close my right eye, but on rifles, I shoulder it right-handed and close my left eye. It really makes using occlusion/coliminated sights pointless for me.... It also fucks with situational awareness, because after shooting and opening both eyes, it takes several minutes for my vision to converge again.

Any advice (the surgery to correct this involves popping out my eye, snipping and fucking with some tendons or something back there, and popping my eye in, but that doesn't even guarantee a fix so I really don't wanna do that) or am I just kinda fucked?

ive heard too many lasik horror stories

Nice frames, where can I get them?

>Construction
>White Trash

I actually have kerataconus in I think only my right eye, and my other eye is just fine, so I've been learning to shoot lefty. It's easy with pistols, but rifles are much harder

>All of these great consumer products exist but yet healthcare still isn't free

Will you shut the fuck up you retarded zoomer. You could pay to fix your eyes if you had a job, but your glasses are probably god's way of telling you to stay in your lane.

>You could pay to fix your eyes if you had a job
Buddy, over 50% of americans live paycheck to paycheck. Aint nobody got money for lasic that will ruin your eyesight.

Maybe less Neflix and Fortnite and more savings accounts and IRAs lil jimmy?

>Buddy, over 50% of americans live paycheck to paycheck. Aint nobody got money for lasic that will ruin your eyesight.
>50% of people in this group are retarded, so that means you should assume I'm retarded as well and it's okay for me to be retarded
Kys
Based

He's right, you're pretty dumb. There are amazing and well trained doctors all over the country. The price for the LASIK/PRK can vary alot based on where you are. You drank a little too much of the pamphlet koolaid user.

>savings accounts
> IRA
t.financially retarded

Imagine not having the ability to spend 3 to 4 grand on a whim. lmaoing @ your financial situation.

>not having medicare

not gonna make it

Better yet, wait another fucking decade before you decide to risk and preform irreverable work on your eyes.

they reccomend waiting until 35 and force you to sign a waiver of liability on your prescription changing until then for a reaosn.

lasik and forced eye correction is still incredibly new tech on the time scale, you have one shot at life.....do the smart thing and wait.

DUDE BITCOIN LMAO

Wear a strap and have an extra pair on you in case of shtf and getting new frames or lenses are out of the question.
Don't bother with contacts as they won't last nearly as long and can cause potential problems later on.
Corrective surgery will always be the best solution as you won't have need of anything at all to see.

Nigger antibiotics are incredibly new tech on the time scale but I don't see your ass trying to hold off and watch if gangrene develops.

whats a good one fren

I’m more than willing to pay, if the side effects were on the north side of potentially becoming Helen Keller.

Samefag