.22LR pistol?

I wanna take a pistol innawoods to shoot cans and targets and I don't wanna have to wear ear protection. Is a .22lr the best option?
Also, cheap ammo is very attractive

Attached: image.png (750x1334, 610K)

I'm gonna assume this isn't bait, .22 will damage your hearing. Wear earplugs.

A revolver. I'm partial to the SW17, but the rough rider is pretty good for the price.

If you want to further reduce noise, shoot subsonic ammo. Or even 22short if you can find it. If you do go either of these routes, keep function/ reliability in mind. A 22 revolver would make a lot of sense in this regard

Why so much revolver love? Do .22 clips not cycle well?
I have been shooting 22 semi rifles since I was a kid and they're just little pop pop
Nothing like a shotgun or a rifle
I'd probably throw in my head phones to block some sound of I was shooting a lot

>bump

.22 magazines, autos, and ammo are iffy by default.

22s semi autos can be finicky, sometimes with different ammo types or sometimes when they get dirty. A revolver is more reliable in terms if function and can also work with a variety of different ammo. For example, you could load 6 different types of 22lr and be failry confident that all 6 will fire. The same 6 types of 22lr ammo in a semi auto probably would probably have issues. This isnt a certainty of course, its possible that the semi will handle it all. Generally speaking the revolver will be more forgiving in reliable function

thanks for the explanation
The only thing about .22 revolvers is that in Canada the cheap revolvers look gay as fuck and the full sized ones are like $1000 bucks
There are decent $400 .22lr pistols though
I wish I was an American

Pic of the options I have

Attached: image.png (750x1334, 192K)

This ones only 247$ with 10 round cylinder but they make it extra gay

Attached: image.jpg (836x440, 86K)

you should still wear ear protection with 22lr

I mean, yeah, I will probably wear headphones, but when I'm outside, the sound really isn't too bad

Thanks everyone for recommendations and explaining to me why revolvers are better. I did some digging and I found this little beauty, which is what I'm going to buy and carry with me while I'm in the woods. Can't wait to get it

Thanks again!

Attached: image.jpg (750x596, 43K)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1502158370407.jpg (411x412, 26K)

Why do you reee

Attached: image.jpg (796x768, 63K)

.22 out of a short barrel is way louder than a .22 rifle

Ruger lcrx .22

If you just want to plink with minimum cost and equipment, get a pellet gun.

>all these revolver faggots shilling reliability

if you retards aren't shooting strictly cci minimags out of semi autos thats on you. Its the cleanest fucking 22lr, accurate as fuck and high velocity. That shit went on sale not that long ago in like 6000 round batches for like 4 cents per round.

you still need earpro with 22. If you want to go without earpro, then you need a suppressor. Get a 22/45 and toss a can on it.

Reviews for this gum say that it's low quality
Anyone familiar with this?
Looks like it kinda sucks but gets the job done

Wonder if anybody has tried this as a defense
"You honor, all I did was ask for some money and he handed it over."

Attached: 1543146777703.jpg (317x310, 14K)

"He was compliant the whole time"

>restricted
F for canadians

cripes don't buy that overpriced chink shit

look for ruger sr22 - excellent 22 semi auto

This is bait

.22lr still requires hearing protection unless you have both a suppressor and subsonic ammo. Of course if you truly don’t give a rats ass about the eternal EEEEEEEE then by all means blast away. Just know it can be easily prevented with some pocket money, if you can afford the gun and ammo you can afford the ear plugs/headphones. Would you fuck a hooker without a condom?
Semi autos can be a little quirky, even the 10/22 isn’t an exception. Revolvers are generally more fool proof and much less picky about what they eat. Also:
>clips