What's the purpose of this thing?

What's the purpose of this thing?

Attached: M82A1_barrett.jpg (1800x540, 83K)

Yeah

Anti-materiel, so it's for disabling or destroying vehicles, SCUD missiles, radar arrays, ordnance disposal, shit like that.

Shooting things that 308 is too little for and 20mm is too much for
So not much

The same as any other gun, to be fun

Well it's an anti material rifle. Engagement of semi hard targets, buildings, light vehicles, radar, whatever really. Oh and of course people but the whole "sniper rifle" is a bit of a movie thing

Anti vehicle, anti light fortification, medium to long range anti-material purposes. Disabling tanks if the enemy's tracks are shit

I'm saving up for one. Not a Barrett, but a .50 BMG. Keep in mind the price of mags. I wanted a Steyr HS-50 M1, but their mags are 5 rounds, and are ludicrously expensive.
Level IV armor.

To look cool

Attached: 1545787037576.jpg (1200x758, 138K)

in a-stan they didn't have much in the way of semi hard targets, just people way the hell away so they were used for sniping quite a bit.

Buy a BFG 50A instead desu senpai

Based yeah poster

To shoot .50 BMG without needing a pre-86 machine gun. That's literally the entire purpose of the rifle designed by Ronnie Barrett after he shot some photos of an M2 on a gunboat. Later on, they would find it can be used for anti-materiel purposes.

Do not fucking buy a Barrett m99. They are absolute garbage.

Ronnie Barrett is a cock sucking faggot

why

Pissing off your wife so shell take those little fuckers and finally leave

Light vehicles, assets, anything you can destroy with a .50 including people.

>Steyr HS-50 M1
that mag holding mechanic and overall making of the gun is shit, but you americans seem to be okay with bad engineered weapons so go ahead

Hot opinion. How so? Its a single shot bolt action....

Based Based yeah poster poster

Thank you for asking. I bought that price of shit for 6200$cad the third time I took it out the bolt started cranking open on recoil. I sent it back to wolverine supplies for warranty. They told me later that it was cranking open due to the weather and that does not fall under warranty. Barrett corroborated that bullshit and now wolverine supplies won't send the gun back unless I send them 400$

Fuck Barrett

Fuck wolverine supplies

killing hadjis for israel

Cool factor, special purposes, and for those will a great deal of money to burn.

If I had the "fuck you money" needed to shoot this everyday out to a 1000 yards for an hour (at least)a day I'd do it.

Brutal. Maybe it cranks open to prevent freezing in cold weather? Might be a feature. But Wolverine should send the fucking gun back for free. THAT is bullshit.

Trust me, it's not a feature. I have to sue them for the rifle now. It's such a fucking headache. If I ever get the rifle back I will record this bullshit and show the world.

is this thing even legal

Hello calitard

To destroy 5G towers and kill the repairmen.

It is an anti-material weapon.

Have you heard of google?

Very much so, unless you're in California where they banned 50 bmg because it is "a machine gun round" which yeah it's in the name but the rule is beyond retarded even for California standards

Why would it not be?

A man portable platform that can rapid fire 50bmg API as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Destroy small boats, light armored vehicles, light fortifications, IEDs, unwanted ordinance, towelheads behind walls, and annoying mexico state patrol on your tail at 90mph for running coco.

Trick shots

They don’t care as long as they can stomp on peoples balls

All purpose government remover. . .

Attached: Screenshot_5.png (587x396, 331K)

There's nothing else like it in small arms.
Set up a bunch of old junk, and dump a mag at the various stuff. The carnage and fun to be had can't be replicated with any other gun or caliber.

Or even a bunch of boulders. Sit back 200 yards or so and fire some API at them, and it's almost like fireworks.

One of the most amazing rifles. Reliable feeding and rapid firing of various 50bmg cartridges across the board. If you can afford the entry and the ammo I 100% recommend it.

Attached: barrett.jpg (2043x1147, 599K)

To add:
If you have never shot a 50bmg before, much less a semi auto, the experience is pretty cool. You really get to feel that concussion in your chest. Double hearing protection is pretty much mandatory.
Shooting it with a couple of mags, you feel like Zeus, raining destruction with thunder and lightning.

It's a semi-automatic rifle with a low magazine capacity. Why wouldn't it be legal.

can we have bolt action BMG rifles?

Nope, the round has been banned

Its an anti materiel rifle, it antis materiel obviously.

Attached: Barret .50.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

reee

is shit like .338 Lapua comparible? Any other round that fits an anti material role?

with 750gr A-MAX, the 50 bmg has the same calculated kinetic energy at 1000yards as 338 lap at the muzzle.

Most anti materiel rounds beyond .50 BMG are considered destructive devices by the government, so a .50 cal is about the only one you can buy without a class 3.

>,338 Lapua

.338 is a long range anti infantry round designed for snipers. Its not designed to shoot through an engine block.

I watched it used by EOD to remove IED's instead of blowing them in place. Can't remember what they called it there's some special term when you don't blow it in place but shoot it to detonate it instead.

Attached: marines.jpg (720x736, 181K)

to make people in Cali and NY and NJ cry because they can't own them.

The CA-legal variant is a necked-down 50 cal to a caliber known as 416 Barrett

>tl dr Ronnie Barrett designed the 416 round because LAPD pulled some dirty shit

From what I understand 408 Chey-Tac from the M2000 intervention is classified as an AMR round though good luck getting your hands on one

real answer: To destroy IEDs and disable trucks

It can take out police and military vehicles

some states specifically ban ownership of .50 cal weapons

The M82 and M107 have a limited range because they cannot achieve high accuracy, especially with M33.

What are other legal guns that can shoot 50bmg

semi-auto M2s

They were invented by the Umbrella Corporation to allow Lex Luthor (Pic Related) to fight against the T-1000 Terminator.

Attached: Ed209.jpg (1600x900, 144K)

Clarence Boddicker was the first civilian allowed to own an M82

tfw, I cant own one in CT either

A ton.
But only a very few semi autos.

There's the Serbu bfg, but it has some ammo pickiness. Uses barrett mags. 7500$

There's the GM6 Lynx bullpup. Don't know much about it. Leftys look elsewhere. 10,000$

There's the Accuracy International AS-50. Unavailable to civilians. It's also made by UK(ucks).

There's the M82. 6600$

There's the M107. 5lb weight savings over m82. 10,000$

There's the semi auto M2. Some assembly may be needed, depending on parts kits. Variation is tremendous. Only feeds from belts. 6000$-9000$

Yup. Carried it around in the trunk of his 6000 SUX. Carry laws weren't as strict back then.

Killing anything smaller than a tank, from a long distance away if needed.

Because fuck you and because Shall Not Be Infringed and Fuck you

what's wrong with it?

seemed ok to me when I had a go on one but it's the only 50bmg rifle I've laid my claws on

sniping babies out of their mothers arms

Attached: 1553304223987.png (480x602, 416K)

Based 'Based Based yeah poster poster' poster

>seemed ok to me when I had a go on one but it's the only 50bmg rifle I've laid my claws on

dont get a barrett and dont get a Steyr HS-50 M1

try a Accuracy International AX50

Gm6 mags are like 400 apiece iirc

No that's the Automatic Rifle 15 killer. The fiddy cal is used for long distance abortions on minority women. Keeping the man down befo he's even born man, sheeeit