UK Will Make Guns 'Optional' for Military Service-people

>Following a controversial model tried by the West German military in the 1970's, the British Army will make carrying a gun 'optional' even in a combat zone.
>Colonel Mark Weston-Hall explained: "It's a top reason that qualified, patriotic candidates decide not to serve. They say 'I want to help the country, and stand up for it, and help people overseas, but guns make me uncomfortable.'"
>The program, which will begin in mid-2020 will allow a soldier to, at any time and without giving reason, return their weapon to the armoury or choose not to draw a weapon at the beginning of the day's duties. It is not intended for conscientious objectors, who already have alternative service available to them, but rather for the everyday soldier, even one on the front lines.
>Britain is known globally for its tough gun laws and the resulting lack of gun culture means that recruits usually have no experience with, and negative views of, guns.
>"We have very hard lads, lads that might have even run with a gang in their teen days and taken a few beatings, cry when they take that first shot on the firing range. We live in a society in which using a gun is viewed as something unnatural and wrong, that's not a bad thing, for civil society, but it makes military training more challenging," noted Weston-Hall.
>Under the initiative a soldier could choose whether or not to receive firearms training. If they do receive it they can still decline to carry a deadly weapon whenever they elect.
>"Even someone very qualified with their rifle might have had a bad day, or troubles in their life, that would make them, for some period, uncomfortable accessing a firearm," Lieutenant Lily Bodekker, a psychologist specializing in combat stress, told the Mail.

Continues...

Attached: 6rifles-1.jpg (600x500, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-807456/UK_will_make_guns_optional_for_military_service-people.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

IP ban for bongs when?

Attached: a9xqsps6rdoglaglbyyy.gif (636x288, 1.85M)

Source?

>the British Army will make carrying a gun 'optional' even in a combat zone.
>even one on the front lines
wut?
are we truly through the looking glass?

Attached: confused nigger.jpg (431x431, 20K)

>There is also a core ethical concern, "It's 2019, you cannot tell people that in order to be a soldier they have to carry a gun and be prepared to kill. You cannot ask people to kill for any reason," Max Watson, a consulting ethicist for the Army.
>Despite this, the British Army is still prepared to complete its mission. In a related release, the MoD explained that soldiers that decline a lethal gun will be required to carry a non-lethal option. Several arms are under development in partnership with US and EU firms including the infamous Taser brand: "Electric rifles and pepper-ball weapons with a range of 200 meters or more are under consideration. These would be more than effective in the types of counter-insurgency and counter-terror missions the Army is called upon to shoulder."

more at link

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-807456/UK_will_make_guns_optional_for_military_service-people.html

Good work, nonexistant article and searching the text brings up 0 results. Remember, if you have to post in this thread, sage goes in the options field.

Attached: maud dib.png (600x600, 17K)

This is what peacetime does to you.

>This is what peacetime does to you.
Even at peacetime a LARP Jow Forumsommando gets a boner when he touches a gun. Just take the military over and bring back glory(holes)

Attached: 1558207220172.gif (220x242, 2.78M)

Attached: 1553424271453.jpg (624x960, 72K)

Jesus. Someone needs to involve the UK in a real war before they become entirely emasculated.

JESUS CHRIST

gake and fay

fake and gay, but very believable.

Some day I'll drive a boat full of high-points out into the Atlantic and tie balloons to them all. Then I'll release them into the jet stream to be dropped throughout the UK.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

>we have very hard lads that were involved in gang fights but cry when they fire their first shot at the range

Britain has become a disgusting piece of shit full of shit people, disgusting pig shit people, who are pathetic and the only thing keeping their pathetic excuse for a country safe is being cradled in the center of Europe and the US.

The UK is an affront to nature itself and it's very existence in 2019 flies directly against the natural order. The very fact that countries around them arent getting ready to annex them after hearing this is worse news still, and our world is in a sad, stagnant state of ossification. No wonder the shitbag muslims are invading, we're all up for the taking. Paper tigers, the lot of us. Free real estate.

Rased & bedpilled.

It's brilliant, your army breeds itself for warfare as it fights.

what are they going to do onthe front line just call in air strikes?

NOWS YOUR CHANCE ARGENTINA

What are they supposed to use, harsh language? Because they have "Hate Speech" laws too.

Attached: jqEk5TO.gif (749x395, 2.89M)

Shit, good point.

lul

I love how Jow Forums constantly whines about inaccuracy in the media yet will believe fucking anything

Surprised that isn’t a thing yet

Captain prince should’ve been retcon to be Australian.

>>"We have very hard lads, lads that might have even run with a gang in their teen days and taken a few beatings, cry when they take that first shot on the firing range.
Reminds me of that webm of that whiny reporter who shoots a rifle for the first time

well congrats on the successful bait of people too stupid to try that link. is it even satisfying to get people that dumb?

Is this meant to be a fake news protest thing?

Either fake and gay or this is just a sleep-deprivation induced hallucination

>can't find the page
fake news sage

> there are people here who are retarded enough to fall for this bait simply because it proposes that one of the most experienced armies in the world turned around and said 'ewww guns are icky and kill people n shit'

I hate this board sometimes.

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

Remember: anything bad about the person or thing i like, or goes againt something i currently believe? Fake News.
Anything that is good about the thing/person i like, or builds on my current beliefs? Gospel from the lord itself

>Despite this, the British Army is still prepared to complete its mission. In a related release, the MoD explained that soldiers that decline a lethal gun will be required to carry a non-lethal option. Several arms are under development in partnership with US and EU firms including the infamous Taser brand: "Electric rifles and pepper-ball weapons with a range of 200 meters or more are under consideration.

>>>>>>>>>>>These would be more than effective in the types of counter-insurgency and counter-terror missions the Army is called upon to shoulder."

I honestly hope in a generation or two, when British people are extinct, any and all history of the British even existing are purged from human knowledge. Everything, and I mean absolutely everything they have done in the history of the British Empire has been a fucking disgrace.

Attached: 1537418218364.gif (240x184, 159K)

When the Germans finally re-grow their balls you guys are so fucked it's not even funny.

Attached: hmmm.png (1345x864, 48K)

>one of the most experienced armies in the world

There are gangs of rabid niggers in Detroit with more combat experience then platoons of your your royal maronites

Attached: 79567078375bf3138a4ad0aea5a783ab.jpg (431x415, 82K)

Retards, all of you.

Attached: 404.png (1009x798, 45K)

Its archived. They deleted it because they realized the rest of the world shat their pants laughing and they had posted a national embarrassment

Attached: No.png (1524x730, 40K)

> I dont like this country so Im gunna ignore history!

Whatever helps you sleep at night. The UK was involved in more wars during the 20th century alone than most countries have been involved in in their entire history.

>"patriotic" candidates
>"very hard lads"
>cry when they take that first shot
The absolute state of the UK.
In this case a skinny fag like me might enter the SAS without any training.
Sadly this might be the future of most militaries here in europooristan thanks to all PC goody two shoes who think democracy means disarming the people because muh voting.

Attached: UK very hard lad.gif (423x231, 1.24M)

The next time the Germans regrow their balls I'm going to be rooting for them

we have kindergarten kids using scissors in denmark, what the actual fuck.

How many of them are still in the army? Or even alive?

How does it feel to be the easiest board to troll ?

Attached: lolz.png (1100x864, 86K)

Jesus fucking christ this board never fails to amaze me

> experience doesnt change doctrine or training, it just dies with people

Wew. Several of the older SNCOs/officers within my company were in the 1st gulf, a few were even in bosnia and kosovo. Many have done afghan or iraq. So yes, there is still a lot of experience going around. Its also stupid to say that experience dies with the person; it gets passed on through training, SOPs and doctrine. How else do you think these things happen? Some genius somewhere says 'heres your actions on contact' or it comes through experience of blokes doing it and it being constantly developed?

This thread should be a sticky as a momento over how easy Jow Forums is to troll

It's a fake article you fucking idiot

Troll thread, but an electric rifle with a range of 200 meters sounds awesome.

Attached: CypherGun.jpg (200x261, 16K)

this please

lol

Bongs, Indians, kiwis, and ausfalians have no purpose here

>Britbing and the EU will become even more vocal.about American guns
>while needing American guns for protection more then ever
Fuck it, let Russia have Europe

Attached: EnGoyz.jpg (1432x976, 116K)

Has summer just started or did it never end since 2010? All of you are AIDS ridden gay niggers get off my 4chang.

>Correct people
>Zero replies
>Surprise surprise.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a bong, and I'm cucked all day fucking long, but don't just swallow retarded fucking wank.

The last thing the government would EVER do is disarm the army. They know goddamn well the nation is a cauldron of seething fucking discontent. They'll recruit abdul abdullah ackbar so long as he's willing to shoot native anglos for a family of fucking germans in the pocket of jewish bankers - THAT's enough of a joke.

NUKE US PLEASE

Attached: 585.gif (480x270, 1.44M)

Why do brits always do that faggy somber face pose when anywhere near anything more lethal than a qtip?

the fact that this is believable speaks a lot louder than some people falling for it

fuck britain and the queen

Attached: 1559355565695.jpg (600x300, 38K)

> theyll recruit abdul abdullah ackbar as long as hes willing to shoot native anglos

Not sure if you noticed fella, but in the past few years, when we havent been slotting abduls, weve been practicing to slot slavs. Before that it was potatoniggers and argies. In fact, probably the only ethnic group we havent slotted in the past half century has been white anglos. And thats not bound to change anytime soon.

That bitch feels like she is saving the world

Fun fact, she is not

Doesn't it speak volumes on what kind of reputation England has cultivated for itself that a BS article is believable. Like try saying the same about any other army and everyone will go "nah, you're joking" but bongland has gotten so bad it's impossible to tell the difference between jokes and reality. I feel like I'm going fucking schizophrenic keeping up with this world because every day I feel either I or the people around me are going more and more insane

It’s a Daily Mail article that doesn’t even exist, as retarded as Britain and the inbreds they love to parade around are we should save the lulz for shit that actually happens.
Like this. Look at this and laugh. It is hilarious on a completely surreal level.

>The fact that I believe anything I read shows how truly cucked the UK is

Attached: 1558906368004.jpg (261x244, 11K)

What?