Glock or CZ for longevity?

Glock or CZ for longevity?

Attached: 70B2C268-881C-422C-8C82-7C73E4CB476A.jpg (750x580, 133K)

CEE ZOI

>polymer
>longevity
Pick one.

>Onions Zee for longevity
Good joke

glock
youll replace brokensparts multiple times on a cz before something breaks on a glock

Just think about the hundreds of millions of tons of plastic in landfills, our oceans, our lakes, and soil, that will degrade in a couple hundred years if we're lucky, that your ZOGservative overlords tell you aren't a problem, cletus.

Attached: 1531638022217.png (913x790, 116K)

Polymer will last longer than steel.

>B-but it gets super brittle

Provide evidence of this happening to handgun polymer and not 50 year old milk jugs. The equivalent piece of metal would be untreated carbon steel left on the beach.

you literally have to replace the recoil spring on the 2075 every 500 rounds

He meant that polymer is fucking weak you absolutely burnt pretzel of a human being. KYS you fucking faggot

Glock. The Internal Rails on a CZ would be a bitch to replace if it gets warped over time with use, also the springs aren't the best and the magazines vary between AM brands. A Glock's frame, while polymer, really doesn't have much force exerted on it. The rails on a Glock are easier to replace and service, and the general action, while boring, is pretty sturdy and could hold up a long while.

I love the CZ75, it's a great gun for shooting, the grip angle is right, the weight is there, it's a treat to shoot and it's not a bad police gun, but if I were to choose a handgun that I was gonna use for the rest of my life, I'd be a boring fag and choose a Glock or a pre-lock S&W M12.

Glawk

Attached: IMG_20190601_122202.jpg (946x2048, 148K)

>polymer lasts longer than steel
COPE

>high impact nylon/resin filled glass
>outdated blued steel that gets piebald nigger spots when you don't drown it in oil
Go drink your joint juice, old man.

Attached: photocumbucket.jpg (1022x766, 405K)

The extractor broke on my glock.

we have guns that run perfectly after 125 years of moderate use and normal maintenance.
Maybe in another 80 or so, polymer will have a track record we can trust

I have a Rami and love it but it's been finicky with different ammo

Glock? Should be pretty obvious.

Wood is biodegradable, polymer virtually does not.

Yeah polymer can photodegrade, but so can wood.

Yes that's right, thanks for the contribution copefag.

How often are you going to shoot it?

Glock to be honest.

If you like to tinker on guns in a manner similar to old cars, then a CZ is no big deal.

Glock it to guns what a Honda is to cars.
A CZ is more like some older European cars or a 1972 Datsun 240 Z.
Handles good when it is running but it takes commitment to keep it in top shape.

glock. please don’t believe the memes about glock being the apple or toyota or whatever of guns. literally every polymer competitor is significantly inferior in reliability and longevity. if you want a fun metal frame get a makarov or something, if you want a lifetime of polymer 9mm service glock is still unfortunately the only choice

USP

>he shoots steel case xD

>polymer can photodegrade
So it's a good thing I didn't get the factory OD green glock, and just spray painted it? Will spray paint protect it enough from UV rays?

nigger

There's some better players in the game, ones that put glock to shame imo. FN and HK to name a couple (although HKs striker fires suck, I'm talking about their proven poly hammer fires). I don't think an FN or HK product is going to shit the bed in the future, they make quality stuff. Glock on the other hand seems to be getting lazy and focussing more on marketing than quality.

If you're looking to buy a subcompact go for the Glock.
If you're looking for a full size or compact buy both. Buy whatever CZ variant whenever you see them since they often go through shortages, meanwhile you will always be able to find a Glock locally 365 days a year.

Most CZ’s must have their trigger return springs replaced at a frequent interval. the same cannot be said for any Glock parts. They’re both fantastic brands, NO ONE here will ever
>shoot their Glock or CZ to the point where a major part like the slide cracks
>shoot their barrel out to where it cannot perform to its accuracy potential
>outshoot their OEM barrel or trigger to where it is actually holding them back in their ability to perform

Mike Pannone had a pic on instagram with his P07 going +50,000 rounds with no issues being able to group very well at 25 yards. Dozens of evidence online about Glocks surviving the same, even more.

Buy a 9mm Glock like the 19/17/34/45 or a CZ75B, P07/P09/Shadow 2, RAMI (metal frame) or an SP01 and you’re g2g. Don’t overthink this.

>polymer can photodegrade
Not really, its mixed with a fuck ton of antioxidants, its not just gonna shit itself.

I know this is shitty evidence but I have some 20 year old mags and the polymer floorplates are brittle as fuck and break for like, no reason. It's the same stuff as the gun so I imagine if I dropped it it would break too.

They usually don't go as ham on the follower as they do the gun. There are different styles and grades of polymers out there too.

The additives they put in polymer framed pistols virtually eliminates photodegradation.

>he can't xD

Yeah I know, it just got me thinking. I'm not a diehard one way or another as far as metal vs polymer. I like slapping a mag into a steel framed gun, it feels better and the sound is pleasing.

CZ 2075 RAMI D is much better than Glock

Nylon 6 is the standard for poly guns? Last time I checked nylon was invented in 1927. Not even 100 years of data on it, yet. Poly guns are great, but don't spew the bullshit that you know how they are going to perform over time Because tou don't. Faggots.

Polymer mags are a joke. I've had newer ones than that break just dropping them on hard surfaces. OEM glock mags are not that tough, don't even get me started on polymer AR mags. It's strange they're intended to be used on a gun that drops mags free...

Your extractor broke because you shot steel case. It's not a difficult or expensive part to replace, but I would never consider shooting steel through my duty guns that my life could depend on. You WILL wear out the extractors and it will break at some point. I wouldn't want that happening when I literally need my gun to function. If you want to LARP like you need the same reliability, don't shoot steel through the guns you "depend on." Save for robust shit like AKs and European battle rifles that were designed to shoot steel

The mags are steel they just have a plastic floorplate. Well, had, I replaced them with aluminum extendos. I had one break from falling like a foot and a half. It was such a short fall. I know nobody expects things to break but I really didn't expect anything to break from that short of a drop. I would expect my glassware to survive a fall of that height.

The floorplate is a weak point on mags. Seems like the feed lips and body of glock mags are strong enough, but the floorplates are shit. I've seen several break just dropping free from the gun, partially full and even empty. Luckily glocks have a big enough aftermarket that metal floorplates exist. However my biggest gripe against glocks is their decision to use any plastic on their mags. Even the guns that copy glocks don't copy their mags, there's a reason for that.

this is the correct answer. Federal Ammunition had a USP with a round count over 290,000

This. "What the frame is made of" will be the last thing to matter because you won't live that long.