Hello Jow Forums, greetings from /v/

Hello Jow Forums, greetings from /v/.

We had a Death Stranding thread and we were talking about how the game might feature soldiers from different time eras.

Obviously the spooky dudes are airborne, but we're not such what gear Mads is wearing.

I presumed it was 1980s Delta Force, but some people are saying it's from the mid 2000s, any ideas?

Attached: mads.png (1949x1011, 1.51M)

also i cant figure what the fuck his rifle is

That rifle is fairly modern (early 2010s at least), at least with the furniture and optic choice for SF units.
I don't think he's anything specific if not a weird amalgamation of modern SF gear choices, certainly not 1980s

its just a modern AR. it would be cool if there was a dude all 90s operator'd out with desert camo and black webbing.

Shit, well I guess I was wrong then.

Thanks friendo

It's a mismatch of modern and not so modern shit. It leans more towards mid 2000s than 1980s for Milkensen, at least.
Kojima is a hack, this game is gonna be terrible

Cringe and bluepilled

Nigger alarm
Nigger alarm
Nigger alarm

You can call me whatever kind of pill you want, the man is not a genius savant, he has very interesting ideas without the ability to pull anything meaningfully cohesive or substantive together. his artists have always been the real heroes.

>/v/
stay in your containment board

OP’s post involves weapons and equipment. It’s Jow Forums related shit, faggot.

He stole my idea his game will flop

>He stole my idea his game will flop
how? we don't even know what the game is about. you should've made your own game.

His idea is unoriginal and I mirrors mine. Ive been working on it for my novel series I've dreamed of since childhood. God will not stand for this.

>His idea is unoriginal and I mirrors mine
every idea is unoriginal in cultural media at this point. think of the last movie/game/show/book you saw that you didn't understand the plot because it was like that other thing you saw. it literally can't be exactly the same though that'd be terrible luck. everything has been exhausted dont aim for points in originality aim for points in emotional effect and impact

If it's not a simulator, it's not Jow Forums.

Faggot.

Attached: f86.png (1917x1011, 3.18M)

Biggest clue in regards to Mads gear is his night vision, which is a ANVIS-9 style, which implies 20001-2010 Delta Force shit until the GPNVGs came up

I personally find it interesting to note that every one of the soldiers Mads is controlling has what looks like a folding stock but I don't think it means anything beyond 'lol paratrooper' or something.
The laser looks to be at least an AN/PEQ 2 or more recent, too. The entire AR is pretty much just an AR lookalike and not full MGS4 autism, though, so who knows.

>ww2 soliders
>real heroes

You fucking retard, he's talking about Shinkawa, the artist who's made Metal Gear Solid look nothing short of iconic.

Stalker would like a poorly worded conversation with you that devolves into you getting shot right in your dumb fuck head

God has already chosen Kojima, sorry but you're just another usurper

Why are we even fighting?

Attached: 1559105565562.jpg (500x459, 48K)

le ebin cheeki breeki maymays aren't Jow Forums either

STALKER is literally distilled Jow Forums and you autists have been wrong for literally 12 years now

You got anything better to do?

Attached: 1559403710935m.jpg (677x1024, 136K)

How is a game where all the weapon models are mirrored and all the enemies are bullet sponges more Jow Forums than a simulator designed to represent military vehicles and equipment as accurately as possible?

Because Jow Forums is more than just LARP, dummy

Slam your dick in a car door.

>muh model swaps
>muh retard who didn't play on master
Like I said, you fucking autists have been wrong for 12 years now. There have been extensive threads explaining how, I recommend a fine 2011 vintage from 3 in the morning, now piss off

Cool post, I liked the part where you didn't actually answer my question.
They still take more bullets than they should on master. You die with 1 or 2 shots from a rifle which I'm fine with, but even bandits take 3+.

>>/v/

Attached: 1559241317217.jpg (720x720, 111K)

Why is so much of nu-Jow Forums so attached to some shitty arcade FPS with light roleplaying elements?

I like the part where you forgot about how Jow Forums RTS's are.

>gets blown the fuck out
>w-w-why doesn't anyone believe me!
I bet you sperg in /ak/, too

Hmm, I don't feel very BTFO. Maybe you should read my post again?

STALKER is about doing what you want, when you want in a world that lives and breaths regardless of where you go (within the context of story). This isn't Jow Forums? Nothing of it is just because you don't like it? Shit man, I'd hate to be as close-minded as you.

When you have to resort to queing up a post, and don't you fucking deny it mr. 65 second post times, you know you've lost

Damn you must be mad.

>STALKER is about doing what you want, when you want in a world that lives and breaths regardless of where you go (within the context of story). This isn't Jow Forums?
You basically just said the equivalent of "see that mountain? you can climb it", What's so Jow Forums about STALKER? Jow Forums is the weapons board, it makes the most sense to any thinking individual that a game with the most detailed and accurate representations of weapons would be the most "Jow Forums-tier".

Attached: Mads-Mikkelsen-In-Death-Stranding.jpg (900x506, 30K)

Attached: 1556237208327.png (520x394, 513K)

Attached: death-stranding-cliff-skeleton-soldiers-mads-mikkelsen-uhdpaper.com-4K-60.jpg (3840x2160, 653K)

This is a thread on Jow Forums right now about fucking Death Stranding. A game is not Jow Forums just because it has guns in it. I guess this means GTA 5, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Far Cry, etc are all Jow Forums. After all, they have weapons in them.

>what's so Jow Forums about fucking off innawoods with nothing but your AK and a bottle of vodka to keep you going
>what's so Jow Forums about the only game to actually simulate military factions going about their day without giving a fuck how it affects you personally
It's literally the partisans dream game, get the fuck out of here STALKER

Soon user, I'll show you the real thing. you'll be able to go anywhere you want, even to the Moon.

Attached: death-stranding-720x1280-4k-screenshot-mads-mikkelsen-hideo-kojima-12910.jpg (720x1280, 141K)

No, I just coldly acknowledge the things that must be done.

If GTA, call of duty, or battlefield had a tenth of the love and care Kojima has for a high speed end product, they'd be Jow Forums related too. Far cry 2 unironically was pretty Jow Forums

>your AK
Your horribly mutilated lefty AK, yes.
>Jow Forums - Weapons

Lookin' real forward to Kingdom Gear Solid ngl

Weird how none of the guns that have been shown are real, they're all frankenguns just like in MGSV. Milkensen's rifle kinda looks like an AR but isn't one and even the WWII Skelefriends have weird M1 Garand/M1 Carbine hybrids with the pistol grips and paratrooper stocks.

>being so autistic a model swap, which you can fix, invalidates the fact it is pure Jow Forums
Autistic rat fucker, you can keep screeching your one fucking gripe until your fingers fall off, and when you stop posting Jow Forums will continue to have stalker threads

MY IDEA HE STOLE HE STOLE NOT FAIR NOT FUN NOT FAIR NOT FUN ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS WAY

I still hold out hope that one schizophrenic fucker is right about ds being the third act to tpp

don't worry user, its not that good of an idea anyway and has been done a thousand times before.

>Far cry 2 unironically was pretty Jow Forums
I understand nu-Jow Forums's infatuation with Far Cry 2 even less than it's STALKER fetish.
When you have to download a gorrillion mods to make a game acceptable, it's a shit game.

Attached: far cry 2.png (831x713, 683K)

>a gorillion
That's not even how modding stalker works lmao just fucking leave you retard

>its not that good of an idea anyway and has been done a thousand times before.
Please give me an example? I'll be waiting.

>it has to be a 120% accurate simulation or it's not Jow Forums
Have sex

>That's not even how modding stalker works
Okay, what's the one (1) mod I need to download to fix all of STALKER's problems? Fallout New Vegas shares this issue as well.
Are you seriously defending the Far Cry 2 Springfield?

IMO a game doesn't have to have completely realistic or authentic depictions of firearms to be considered Jow Forums rather the scenarios and environments you use them in are what's more important. Fallout New Vegas has some pretty bad weapon models and animations but what you do with them is cool. Same with STALKER and Far Cry. Also
>nu-Jow Forums
STALKER has been loved by Jow Forums for a very long time

To win the war, duh.

You fags who jack off over STALKER and Fallout New Vegas in every games thread just don't have the patience or genuine interest in military equipment required to learn a simulator.

Zone of alienation, pre 1.07

Are you seriously pretending that operating in afri/k/a isn't Jow Forums as fuck because of a reloading animation?

You can do both.

Literally none, just keep a save file from the first time you leave the cordon handy so you don't have to do that again

There's nothing more immersion breaking than reloading by shoving a stripper clip through the bottom of the rifle.

>Waah you people who have fun aren't as autistic as me

Told you, no concept even come nears Death Stranding. Fuck off faggot.

Your interest in weaponry is as surface level as /v/'s, you should post there instead.

Kingdom Hearts

its not even close to an original concept. stop fanboying a game that hasn't even come out yet

Hey guys, is Fallout 4 Jow Forums too? You can fix all the weapon models by downloading mods, and drink vodka with your AK in the wilderness.

Play frost, come back when you're not retarded

Correction. Once you fix it it's no longer a bad game. It was. Imbecile.

You can't even prove me wrong faggot, and don't think your good goy mouse game is a valid answer.

Bruh it's literally kingdom hearts but grimdark and edgy. Replace the dumb fuck mcguffins like keys and hearts and replace them with ill explained vaguely supernatural horseshit and bullets and you've got the trailer that just came out

>Every game you play has to have 100% faithful depictions of guns in order to be a true gun owner
How do you have fun? Do you limit every source of entertainment you indulge in that has guns to those that only have 100% realistic depictions of them? Does that mean you only watch documenteries and play simulations? Life must be fucking boring for you. Post your guns you fucking faggot.

>game about the connections between people
>featuring an evil force that manifests itself as an oil slick and shadowy monsters with glowing yellow eyes
>weighty melee based combat
>platforming that expands vertically and horizontally with the addition of new abilities
>baby game

>simulators
>boring
How the fuck are they boring with all the shit you have to micromanage and systems you must learn?

>I'm a huge spreadsheet autist, this means I like guns more
Yeah well I know what a pussy feels like after a long day at the range, so

Ah, resorting to talking about his sex life when it's completely unrelated to the topic at hand. Classic normalfag move.

Just because you're autistic enough to do that shit doesn't make you more of a gun owner, stop compensating

>Complains about normalfags
>Triggered about comments about sex
>Brags about playing simulators
All checks out. I'd bet that the only guns you own are shitty milsurp

Cope more nigger, you seriously are arguing spreadsheet autism is more Jow Forums than stalker. How fucking retarded do you have to be? To follow it up by calling someone posting at 3 in the morning on a Chinese basket weaving forum "normal" is fucking ludicrous. Maybe you should consider having sex

Both sides of totally insufferable coin.

Just as an aside I fucking love KH and Death Stranding looks really fucking good. I think my favorite part of the trailer was when John President picked up the hazmat guy's hard case and used it as a weapon. If that's representative of a huge array of improvised weapons it oughta be a great combat system. There were a couple or reviews coming out about KH saying that the game should've grown up with its audience, but I don't think every single game has to be edgy. People can make the game they want to make, and that means we can have two similar but tonally different things. Death Stranding is the grown up Kingdom Hearts for those people and I think it'll be great, and we can still have a (relatively) simple and bright series at the same time.

Not sure what this has to do with weapons at this point though.

Attached: ska-bop-bop doodily da be-bop bop--ba ba-bop bam boop.jpg (810x1202, 260K)

They only do this shit when they know they're losing an argument, since they think it's the only thing they have over "autists". Their secret weapon. Pathetic, really.

Shut up autist. Go get laid. And play some fun video games that don't have 100% accurate depictions of guns.

>gets BTFO again
>retreats into fantasy land

Okay, but why were they chanting "Godzilla Godzilla" at in the credits scene?

You literally just started talking about sex, something totally unrelated to what we were talking about. "Have sex" doesn't instantly win the argument for you.

I'm not any of you faggots arguing but Jesus Christ you're fucking cringey. Some wannabe normal fag who uses Jow Forums, someone who also purposely clicked on a /v/ thread on Jow Forums pretending to be a chad online, cringe to the max. Everyone's been laid idiot, even wimpy losers like your dad got laid, obviously. You sound like a teenager who barely got his dick wet and is flaunting it to his fellow geeks. Getting laid means nothing nowadays. Easy pussy is everywhere. And no. That 5/10 you tell yourself is an 8/10 doesn't count.

Attached: 1555812220774.png (1000x1000, 106K)

Because it would make you predictable react this way because you are seriously entertaining the idea that staring at micromanage systems is more Jow Forums than operating innazone or onnasafari because muh model mirrors and reload animations. You cannot be this fucking retarded by accident, so may as well poke fun at all the other ways you fail at life, nigger.

Holy fucking moly, sim autists really should be gassed. Jow Forums has had MGS threads since before you were born, you pathetic piece of shit.

So if realistic weaponry isn't required to make a game Jow Forums-tier, why are STALKER and Far Cry 2 Jow Forums and Call of Duty and Fortnite aren't?

The themes, atmosphere, and story, dumbass.

>operatan
Vs
>walk through rooty tooty shooting gallery
You're unironically life alteringly autistic aren't you