I'm going varmint hunting for the first time this weekend on my friend's property...

I'm going varmint hunting for the first time this weekend on my friend's property. Is there anything I should know so I don't look like a retard while I'm out there? I've never shot at an animal before.

He says it's fine to eat groundhog in the summer as long as you cook it thoroughly, but I'm a little concerned about parasites.

>sorry if this is an /out/ topic

Attached: doublebadger.png (1508x863, 920K)

Yeah

What the fuck? Are you that hungry?

Don't eat it.

if it's cooked thoroughly then you won't have to worry about parasites, unless you're just "muh afraid to eat dead worm" kind of fag
have fun with your friend, tell them you've not really done some shit like this and you're looking for tips, but not in the sodomite way

why do you hunger for groundhog

Because they hunger for the dirt under my friends' shed.

Groundhogs are cannibals, FYI.
Don't.

You know only boomers unironically believe the whole "gotta use every part of the animal" thing, right? There are some animals you can just kill for fun when they're being a nuisance

Nobody eats groundhogs, you sure he isn't fucking with you?

Also they are one of the more common vectors for rabies (outside of coons and bats) so don't handle them if you can help it.

>but I'm a little concerned about parasites.
Why? Parasites die very fast when you cook food. Even "medium rare" is hot enough for safety. Ordinary household bacteria are harder to kill than that.

Just practice basic hygene and there's nothing to worry about in that regard. Wash your hands, don't cross-contaminate, cook game before consuming.

>he says it's fine to eat groundhog
user..

I killed a groundhog last year while squirrel hunting and ate it. It was ok, I'd eat it again in a survival situation but if the situation is not dire I'd rather feed the foxes instead.

Don't eat fucking groundhog. Eviscerate the bodies and use the guts as coyote bait

Bro
Use a 17HMR
Also, just toss the dead ground hogs into the compost pile.

Lol just bring a kfc bucket and shoot with you freind. Let him have the shitty rodent and share chicken when he realises its shit

I've eaten it.

user, why would you use a shotgun that pointed back at you??? Are you ok? Do you need to talk?

Just no scope, use horrible muzzle control and trigger discipline.
You'll be fine

Blin

just make sure don't let the dead animal lay in the ground too and grab it then use a meat hook
to you can prepare it so you can it eat later

Dilate.
Is this really the best shitposting you can come up with, posting blin on every thread?

Hope you enjoy plauge

what’s wrong with cannibalism?

Prions. Look it up.

Groundhog is good eating. Little tricky to skin because of the scent glands, but done correctly it is a good meal.

>t.redneck that eats a lot of game and recycles everything

The nasty shit can be thrown in compost. Certain organs are edible and tasty depending on animal. Furs are useful. At the very least if you don't want to eat it grind that shit up and turn it into animal food.

Why do you gotta eat it afterwards? Lol idiot

just don’t eat the brains and you’re good

Other groundhogs WILL eat the brains. Don't eat things that eat brains of their own kind.

who said anything about groundhogs?

>varmint
niga what

>asking for general advice here
>supposed to go out with a friend soon
I guess he didn't tell or show you much about it before, You're gonna kill your friend with that combo gun if you haven't been out before, so get either a pure shotgun or a pure rifle.

op did

>have to point the weapon at yourself to reload it

What a retarded design

Attached: redeemed.png (780x438, 279K)

???

Pretty sure you're the retarded one.

Try not to choke on your crayons there lil buddy

Lol, if you actually eat a groundhog you should just put on a dress and grease up your butthole because your friend already played you like a punk bitch.

If on the off chance your friend is serious and eats a groundhog don't forget to gutshot him and go home.

Who the fuck even eats a groundhog

Attached: 1467419588992.jpg (250x250, 6K)

You don't eat varmints you retard unless you're in a survival situation

Snipe is better than groundhog. Ask your friend if he will take you snipe hunting instead.

Groundhog is good. Ones that have been eating well can be kinda greasy like bear meat is though.

Groundhogs (like prairie dogs) eat bugs and shit all day. If you HAVE to hunt and eat something, look for rabbits? Still not the best time of year to eat em, but at least they are edible. Groundhog is disgusting, cut one open and see for yourself.

groundhog is delicious

This x24

but im not a groundhog

you bud who does it all the time vs random shut ins... good logic retard i hope your friend dis invites you for being a ungrateful faggot

snipe is fucking delicious