Shooting ranges in NC

My favorite outdoor range just limited us to 5 rounds per magazine because some fucktard overheated his gun and it shot everywhere.
Any other outdoor shooting ranges in NC that let you load your magazines completely?

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/jkYUGA
carolinasportsman.com/hunting/largest-public-shooting-range-in-n-c-to-open-april-19/
youtu.be/mosX7L25HV8?t=67
centralcarolinagunclub.wildapricot.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don’t you have unsupervised public ranges or is that just a Missouri thing

We do, I'm not op but I live in Western NC and have my choice of like three national park outdoor ranges that are all unsupervised.
I like going when it's pouring rain because I'm absolutely the only person there, fudds hate water.

Might just be a Missouri thing every range I went to had supervisors just in case of a retard.

Which range; where are you? There's only one other range fudd enough to put a capacity limit on shit and that's some precision rifle range with a 1 round limit. Everything other range is normal.

Charlotte fag here limited to indoor ranges but can't you find some hunting land you can setup shop at with very few rules and no one around? The only time I shoot outside is on friends property up near Troutman but that's private property, though. Do some research but I'm sure we have something similar to BLM land

Any places to find a hill way out in the sticks and shoot?

Wesmar, Greensboro

110% I just don't locally because most areas have tons of yuppie hikers from a liberal stronghold known as Ashville.
That being said I take my rifle camping quite often and it's always funny to pass them on the trail.

My wife and I recently did a solid hike outside of Asheville and walked like 30 miles north on the parkway, I think it's called? Anyways, we had a friend meet us to pick us up but I OC'd my glock 22 the entire time and I've never seen so many tree hugger types. When I was born in Ashville in the late 80s is was still the middle class working men but now? Drum circles galore

Shit, forgot to ask about places to go shoot off the beaten path. I know you said you dont shoot locally but I'm hoping you know some land or places we can shoot without being hassled by Johnny law

Rockingham Gun Club
Durham Rifle and Pistol Club

All outdoor, rockingham and Durham are members only (I think Durham used to be anyway). Caswell has a public range that is fairly new as well. All are about the same distance for you, Durham being a little further maybe.

I guess you were shooting at Calipers? It's a shit range along with Proshots. But indoor ranges are fucking lame anyway.

I just shoot on my own land because fuck ranges, I can leave my steel out, and I can shoot a lot further than any range in this part of the state.

There's an outdoor range in Johnston county. The wake county firearms center has a rifle range but it's indoor.

Bro let me plink with you

I’m from NC and every time I go take the girl to Asheville I want to OC but literally place is crawling with Cali or New York plates and hippies that will probs freak out. Place has been about ruined by the libs

There's a NC meetup discord specifically to help people with this issue. It should be easy to get at least 5 people from the Greensboro area to go blow stuff up with you.

Yeah I'd just cc there. Went last week, overheard some yupi type talking about how 'blue' the city was compared to the rest of the state. Don't understand why they just don't go to their liberal shit holes. Check out the wheels through time car museum. Pretty rad if you like cars.

Already went. Love cars, man. I just picked up a 2015 Ram 1500 v8 Hemi and just got done with installing long headers, CAI, Magnaflow catback exhaust and a tune to bring it all together giving me around 440hp and 450 ft lbs torque. Put a 2" lift kit and tires I'm ashamed to say I paid $200+ a piece for. I love being up under trucks, cars, bikes, hell, anything with a motor. It started with helping my uncle build a 70s model Chevelle from the ground up.. Anyways, Asheville is not a friendly place anymore. Like I said in my last post, when i was born there it was all working class men in between hillbilly and country boy and it's a damn shame it's a liberal hellhole from what it was. There has to be some woods up that way or within a two hour drive from Charlotte where you can go shooting way off in the woods, though.

What's the discord?

>My favorite outdoor range just limited us to 5 rounds per magazine because some fucktard overheated his gun and it shot everywhere.
This sounds fake af

kys OP

I moved to Charlotte from AZ in January and haven't shot outdoors once here. This place sucks for shooting. I got a membership at Carolina Sporting Arms and am sending my rifles back to Arizona. I assume Foothills is the one doing 5 rd. restrictions now?

I used to work at CSA and quit a little while back. Only good for buying used guns, that's it. If you want to shoot go to Blackstone. Good wholesome place without the shit rules CSA has. How are you liking the city so far? Besides the shooting.

it was probably some tard going full cokeman with a glock.

Charlotte user here.
I literally drive out to Leed's firing range in SC every 3 months or so that I can shoot at a 100 yards for free. It's a bit of a hike but mostly unsupervised. Decent outdoor range.

Don't shit it up.

The city is ok. The culinary "scene" is really weak and overpriced though, and not much to do socially either unless you're into Nascar or college sports.

Blackstone charges way too much to start up a membership. I've only been yelled at once at CSA over "rapid" fire - was using a binary trigger.

Thanks for the tipperooni. My FN49 and SCAR 17S haven't made the flight back to Gunizona yet.

> some fucktard overheated his gun and it shot everywhere.
The fuck, how many hundreds of rounds per minute was he dumping to cause a presumably semi auto magazine fed gun to run away?

orlynao. Who were you? I came through there semi-regularly. They still have those laughably overpriced milsurp Mausers on the used rack btw.

How the fuck did someone manage to cook off an entire magazine? It takes several seconds to heat up a freshly chambered round, plenty of time to eject a magazine.

Attached: 35-bullets.jpg (1200x675, 79K)

Check out Bad Daddy's. It's fairly expensive but their burgers are the best in Charlotte. My wife and I only eat their on New Years as a tradition. South end is a "scene" place but I stay far from it. Too many hipster types, honestly. I dont remember the name but when we took a road trip out to Vegas we got off of I-10 and hopped on I-93 (straight shot into Vegas and kept us out of Cali) a little north of Phoenix and went shooting out there on some BLM land. It was sweet! Here's a picture of the place I took our rental car down to go shooting. Honestly nothing can compete with being way out in the desert, not a soul around, popping off some rounds.

Attached: IMG_1774.jpg (1280x288, 90K)

>Western NC
Ayyyye what's up Jow Forumsomrade, my dad lives near Boone and I've got a 100 yard range set up on his property. Worth the drive from Charlotte. Whereabouts are you located?

I'm not an eye witness. This is what the range owner told me when I asked him why.

MI, I've never seen a unsupervised public range. Typically, private ranges are totally vacant though.

I'd really not care to say because I still work for another range in the area. If you came in there 6 months ago then I saw you and most likely talked to you. I worked up front at the main checkout counter when it was on the left as an island when you first walk in before I became a RSO. I think they moved it to the right against the window last time I was there?

I just got back from shooting today actually. Try to go early in the day, and be friendly. Most shooters there are good people. Occasional trashy rednecks and ghetto trash but usually it's decent.

Yup, that's where it was on Saturday when I passed through. I poke my head in every now and then hoping for a good deal, but those are getting rarer and rarer. I bought a SCAR 16 and a couple other firearms from you guys. Not as bad as some other stores in the area, but still overpriced. Is that interactive simulation range any good, or is it just a meme?

Basil thai food in uptown and 300 East are the only really "good" restaurants I've been to in Charlotte. Everything else has been pic related.

Attached: dLUEc2d.gif (480x270, 2.77M)

>scar 17s
>$3500
Actual waste of money.

costs $2500 now but okay

It's really fun, actually. In the lower level of the range is a stationary target at 5 yards that has a projection from under the shooters table that then goes to a computer that calculates where your rounds hit. Its all live fire which is even better. As fun as it is, it's also great training hitting moving targets (target itself doesn't move but the projection does, if that makes since)

>scar 17s
>$2500
Actual waste of money

His money, his right. Atleast he isn't spending money on dragon dildos.

hey, I liked that place too. So that really is it. You'd think these yuppies moving down from NYC (which has a kickass restaurant scene, even outside midtown by most standards honestly) would have better taste, but nope. Overpriced flavorless slop with organic avocado spread for $17/plate.

I never thought I'd have to specifically tell a Thai restaurant to make the pad thai with tamarind because all the places around here want to make it w/ fucking ketchup. Gross.

Also I paid $2450 for my SCAR new back in whenever that was. Couple years ago now probably, but yes it was overpriced. I still love it. Fuck you.

Also the projection thing is neat-ish. Members get 6 vouchers to play with it and its pretty expensive to use it beyond that, unfortunately. There's a lady that works there that's cool though and when you see her she'll let you play with the laser-gun based one by the door w/o punching your voucher. Haven't tried the live fire one because I dont like interacting w/ people when I'm shooting.

Depending on where in NC, Indian Creek in Whitmire SC is cozy but people WILL steal your shit

Oh yeah I've seen Bad Daddy's in the airport but been leery of it, usually food is in a pretty crappy form inside the airport because the employees aren't actually employees of the food chain, they work for HMS Host or whatever.

That looks like Lower Sycamore. Spent hundreds of hours and thousands upon thousands of rounds out there. Nice dude.

lol I think everyone picks those up and then puts them right back down after seeing the price, certainly I did. They do have a P7M13 for the wealthy boomers under glass in their little "gun library' Section

1216 East Blvd is the one you want. Stay far away from any restaurant in the airport because any restaurant sucks and you get scammed out of meals just like at Carowinds. We've only eaten inside once because it's always extremely crowded on New Year's eve but the atmosphere is great. Good beer and good food.

I swear man, I wanted to open a bottle of Glenfiddich, light up a cigar, crack open a book on the constitution and take a seat everytime I went in there.

Foothills public shooting complex is an amazing outdoor public range. It’s huge and has a lot of options like multiple rifle ranges as well as several hand gun ranges. I’ve never seen it full.
I think your first visit is $35 because you have to buy a registration card.
It’s west of Charlotte near Gastonia.

Blackstone is also ok if you’re in the city.

Lang Vans is pretty good, used to eat there for dates when I went to UNCC

My wife does the girls night there every week with wine and guns. Shes been going for over a year now

I used to like Basil Thai and Thai Taste (The Matthews location is best) alot actually but I went to Thailand and ate some cheap ass pad Thai a ladyboy on a scooter cooked for me and now nothing here in the US is as good lol.

440 at the flywheel I’m assuming. No way in hell youre getting those numbers to the ground without heads/cam or FI.

I started out with 395hp and 410 torque. I haven't put it on a dyno for $1500 worth of bolt on mods but with the diablo tuner and headers that can add up to 32hp. CAI can add 16hp but again, all with a the DiabloSport T1000 Trinity dashboard tuner. Forgot to mention the 87mm Moesperformance throttle body that was a huge upgrade from stock

Attached: 20190605_173940.jpg (600x926, 260K)

Those handheld tune in a box things are a joke(been there done that). Get a laptop and write your own tunes specific for your truck. Everything else is bretty nice.

Attached: 5BF0E7F0-B4CF-43B0-87F4-20E20165D05D.jpg (204x192, 10K)

I've been looking into it and seeing the same type of responses in forums and what not, so I think I'll make that leap before too long. Is there a specific type of OS I need, Microsoft, chromebook, ect? Or anything I can run a program on?

Sorry, just need to acknowledge my own quads for a second...

Attached: tenor.gif (200x232, 1.32M)

Any good ranges in western NC? I live near Hendersonville and Asheville.

Attached: Chimney Rock Fall.jpg (1000x666, 159K)

Attached: NC.png (1000x379, 114K)

foothills public range in Cherryville, about an hour north west-ish of Charlotte

not the user you were talking to but I go to school in Boone, how far is your property?

discord.gg/jkYUGA

The best one I have been to is the public range on Panther Top in Murphy. Had to stay out there for business for a few weeks and had a blast. Also live in the Asheville area so I got to come home on the weekends to grab more funs. Theres not really shit for ranges in the area though, besides Rex's in Hendo and On Target in Asheville

There's a small one near Lake Lure. Its just a little outdoor range dug into the side of a hill that the local police use but its open to the public if you buy a membership.

Its called the HawkEye Gun Club

Thanks, I'll look into it

>public ranges

>How far is your property
Bout 30 minutes-ish away, its closer to Lenoir but I always say Boone because no one knows where the fuck Lenoir is.
I'm currently living in Indian Trail near Charlotte but I'm toying with the idea of doing a Meetup at my dad's place sometime in November when it's not so stupid hot outside.

I lived in Crossnore for 6 or so months back in 2003...sure you've heard if it

>Crossnore
Kek, no clue where that's at.

Well fuck, guess its smaller than I thought or further away from you than I realized...its been a good while

Attached: 20190605_210806.jpg (720x960, 303K)

>beach hunks
which of your mother's friend's facebook pages did you find this on?

Attached: lake-lure-fall-canoes.jpg (1024x667, 93K)

While we are on the subject, anyone know of a longer distance range, like 500 yards or more, that will allow you to shoot a 338 lapua?

The biggest one is near Shelby

carolinasportsman.com/hunting/largest-public-shooting-range-in-n-c-to-open-april-19/

>Western NC
Neat. Used to live out there myself before I had to move down to Mississippi. I've probably been to at least two of those rangers. Personally I preferred using those unattended ranges. With I has them where I'm stuck now. Too meant fuck Fudds bitching about my scary black guns.

it's because they're subhuman and melt if they contact water

name county carpet bager glowie

Looked at their website, their longest range is 250 yards, and aren't allowed to shoot a 338 Lapua or a 50 BMG on their ranges.

Know of any others that do allow it?

That's the biggest range in the state. I don't think you'll find anything beyond 250 yards. I think you'll either need to look for a spot on private land or you'll have to travel out of state.

y'all know anything about central carolina gun club? I wanna get into 2-gun and they're the closest place that doesn't seem majorly fudd

The wildlife management rangesvin VA are unsupervised (other than the occasional overbearing fudd), unfortunately they close shop at the end of march until september.

Based quads

youtu.be/mosX7L25HV8?t=67

Attached: what is this madness.webm (640x272, 2.94M)

>I live in Western NC and have my choice of like three national park outdoor ranges that are all unsupervised.

Where?

The only outdoor range on Oahu already had the 5 round rule on top of no double tap or rapid fire. You have to wait over a second between shots or the range officer gets you.

Woodys range has a 550 yard range

Both Distinguished pistol and Durham pistol and rifle in Alamance county have 300 yard ranges, so I don't know how 250 yard ever go published as the farthest.

centralcarolinagunclub.wildapricot.org/
this might help. 2-gun is less fudd than trap/skeet so you probably won't run into complete goobers that cringe at the sight of black polymers.

In the 919 there's DPRC, a large private club with a lot of high quality facilities, a 3 year wait list, and an average age is about 70. Good news is there's almost 0 supervision, and it's almost always empty so you can shoot whenever you want wherever you want.

Frontline is also a private range with no wait time, guests cost stupid money to bring, but they have a 500, and 1000 yard rifle range along with steel. Nice place, not a lot of Fudds

ENC is a public range near Goldsboro that's always full of retards and spics, but it's convenient. Good luck getting a "tactical bay" on the weekends. They are the only place you're allowed to actually stand and shoot. They baby you a little, but overall not horrible for a public range.

TSA in Raleigh is the absolute worst corporate bullshit you will ever see and if you shoot there I'll laugh at you when the RO's fondle your balls because they don't think you're being safe enough.

Sir Walter Raleigh is more of a gun club than a range. Its private, cheaper and with a shorter waiting list than DPRC, but they require you to come to events and club meetings and it's much more social than just a place to shoot.

I forget exactly where it is or what it's called, but they open up some local police pistol range on weekends for the public and it goes out to 50 yards for super cheap. I enjoy going there when I'm in that part of town.

Fellow new-to-Charlottefag here. Foothills is an alright outdoor range if you're willing to drive 40-ish minutes. Facilities are nice but the RSOs treat you like a child unless you're shooting precision.
I'm at CSA pretty often, the RSOs are generally bro if you're competent.

Kek I look at those every time I come in.

What's the dress code like?

Attached: Mad-Max-assless-chaps.jpg (844x604, 61K)

Just go to Uwharrie, Tarheel bro.

I wsh /k aloud sound gif

>that pic

You mean faggots and niggers

Where? Fags mainly live in the research triangle or Asheville. Nigs mainly live out near the coast or in Charlotte.

The melanin problem intensifies as you head towards the SC border or the old downtown area of the major cities. We're a good chimp-out away from Wilmington Riots 3.0: Return of the Swamp Fever.

I live near the SC border, until you get into Greenville and Spartanburg they're pretty sparse.