I'm glad this pistol is having a bit of a resurgence...

I'm glad this pistol is having a bit of a resurgence. All the set-up parts bin versions the army had gave it a bad reputation.

Say something nice about the M9.

Attached: Beretta_M9_New_Black_1__94729.1523735964.jpg (1280x853, 619K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/l3hdFteZonc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The M9 sucks. The Beretta 92 is a pretty good gun, though.

aesthetic as fuck
a panty dropper for sure

Got the M9A1 for slightly cyberpunk rail vibes

>the Beretta 92 with stricter quality control sucks

meant for

>set-up
Shot-up

>cyberpunk

Attached: IMG_20190604_225747185~2.jpg (2846x2797, 1.14M)

>not wood grips

I've got an M9A1 and with a spring replacement the DA trigger pull becomes very comfortable, the grip while chonky isn't big enough to hurt my ability to grab and hold the gun with one hand and the controls haven't once given me a problem or been awkward or difficult to operate so far. I have fingerfucked other guns and while their safeties/decockers are a bit more convenient I don't think it's that big of a deal. The gun is beautiful, the gun is functional, it's accurate, easy to break down and clean.

What else can you demand from a handgun?

Attached: 2lnae0w.jpg (1600x899, 461K)

I'd also sell my kidney for an 8357.

Attached: productimage-picture-beretta-8045-walnut-grips-checkered-beretta-logo-208.jpg (3008x2000, 2.42M)

I love the 12lb hammer spring with a WC reduced power trigger spring.

Attached: 20190602_114458-2268x3024.jpg (2268x3024, 1.5M)

what mount is that?

TRG Gear EZ Rail

I've got fairly large hands, so the grip is very comfortable to me.

i have shmedium hands and it feels as good as my cz. the too thicc meme is perpetuated by noguns and nevershoots.

This has been true for me, my A1 felt thiccque until I actually started shooting it.

Wrist to tip of middle finger is a hair below 8" and my palm is ~3.5" wide.

I would never buy a US made Beretta 92.

>handlet

I've been wondering if A3 slides work on A1 frames as I realized that I hate the A3 Vertec grip. It's too narrow front to back and just doesn't point naturally for me. But I want the dovetail night sights.

It probably works, but you should ask Burt in /hg/. He would be able to tell you.

Uggh I hate that guy.

>still can't find an sgs compensator for sale
>hec-computers seems to have gone radio silent

Attached: c2d.jpg (663x579, 39K)

Am I a fag for open carrying this? Usually dress nice and not like a nigger if that changes anything. Not legally allowed to cc.

Attached: 20181225_150738.jpg (4032x2268, 2.07M)

F

Kind of. Breaking the law would be a lot cooler. How often are you searched?

>Am I a fag for open carrying this?
If you have to ask you already know the answer is yes. But it's 2019 so it's ok to live life as a fag if you enjoy it.

The ninety-two-2 looks sexy as fuck though. If there was any way to make the frame and grip look as bulky as the high power in a way that doesn't look ergonomic they sure as fuck figured that out somehow. Kind of like I want a 1911 but with a bit of budonk a donk on there. I want a m9 with some light weight bedonka a donk.

Attached: 1548752444955.jpg (809x680, 50K)

It's very comfortable in my hands, but I notice I can't quite properly reach the magazine release with my right thumb, not without shifting my grip, I find I can use my right middle finger to compensate, which I'm not sure is a great solution. I probably need an extended button.

Compare to my CZ75, which feels extremely comfortable as well, but it seems I can't quite reach the slidestop with my right thumb without shifting my grip, the workaround I figured out is to use my left thumb as I resume my grip after swapping magazines.
I figure I could use an enlarged slide-release lever.

I wonder if my thumbs are slightly short? Beyond this stuff, these pistols fit me extremely comfortably.

this gun fucking sucks

I never understood this argument. They are so similar in design

You have one?

>They are so similar in design
They're the exact same gun with different markings.

>MUH AESTHETIC DUSTCOVER
Agreed, people who sperg over the differences are tards

No, what sucks is the .gov turning down Beretta's upgrades for 30 years.

Is the metal guide rod worth

I don't mind shifting my grip for a fraction of a second.

Beretta's extended mag release button will solve your problem and looks identical to stock one if that matters.

Ironically, the OEM plastic guide rod is better. Metal guide rods can bend locking up the M9. Plastic ones don't rust, self-lube, and if they break you still have a working M9

peak aesthetics

Attached: 26d9cb7fa6ea3c4d37520a04d9d8407a.jpg (842x456, 58K)

Buy one as a spare and let me know when you need to change out the polymer one because it broke.

Lol

The main reason I went M9 over 92fs is the roll marks. I much prefer the lack of safety warnings

They're ugly af tho. I replaced mine with a WC

kek

Same. The whole reason I wanted a Beretta 92 series pistol was because of the aesthetics, so I went for the M9 too.

Try OCing revolvers. Might look more casual and natural

youtu.be/l3hdFteZonc

If only they made a stainless M9...

You could have one hard chromed for a similar look

If you're ever wondering how good the 92 design is just remember that fucking Taurus can make them and make them well.

They're making them using old beretta tooling retard.

>being this stupid

Attached: tumblr_lnygisHgZE1qhcdmoo1_500.png (500x498, 302K)

Just got my 92fs a few days ago for $429. Almost bought an M9 just a few days earlier for $560. Glad I waited a few days before pulling the trigger on that one.

Attached: 20190603_093231.jpg (3024x1532, 1.53M)

Do they make them in big boy calibers? I already have a rooty tooty 9mm and wanted to get something bigger, always loved the aesthetics of the berettas

There's the 96 in .40 if you're a nigger.

>Police Man
Kek

Attached: F697FF77-109E-4D4B-A00A-D7A32AB285BA.jpg (750x930, 264K)

I'm sorry I posted big boy not nig boy

My friend’s plastic guide rod got super chewed up and was short stroking the slide, bought a stainless steel one, runs great.

I feel like the stainless just makes the gun feel much smoother cycling.

Attached: A2B7ABEC-E8C6-4CB4-BD26-10B6253C349C.jpg (2048x1810, 1.06M)

is that supposed to be Riggs from Lethal Weapon?

then no.

Jesus, which fucking american made semi would you fucking buy then besides muh 1911?

Berettafag here, the .40 is cancer in the 92 because it was shoehorned into a 9. Slant frame 96 is 10k service life and old straight frame less. The 90-two in .4096A1 is supposed to remedy these issues, but no personal experience with it. Plus no wide adoption because a DA/SA .40 that holds 11 rounds and weighs over 2lbs just does not cut it for police.

The 92A1 is bretty good, but I like squared off TG like 92FS.

I've owned over a bakers dozen 92 series both from MD and Italy. Not a damn bit of difference except rollmarks and proofmarks. The new TN 92s are a bit different because of logistics of moving a factory and getting shit together.

Isn't the M9A1 basically a .40 gun converted to 9mm? I hear it's beefier and has a potentially longer service life.

M9A1 is literally a railed 92FS

92/96A1 are the Brigadier-like slide, recoil buffer in frame, and rounded TG. The 90-two was the same updates but 1 piece grip and futuristic slide.

I prefer the M9A1 and M9A3 and 92G-SD and Vertec over the 92A1 which all are better than the 90-two.

Beautiful pistol and fun to shoot. It's kinda shit for my slightly larger than medium sized glove hands though.
I'm waiting for a sale to get the wc ultra thin grips.

trash
acceptable
trash
trash
trash
trash
acceptable
trash
trash

Attached: DSCN0627.jpg (1200x900, 1.12M)

>Brigadier-like slide
wrong

Attached: Untitled.png (691x473, 374K)

Soý gun

Nigger, I said Brigadier-like.

The 92A1 slide is thicker than a standard 92FS, but it is not a true Brigadier.

Lemme get them tool marks, snapping slide stops, and no real military adoption

That's all, just different markings? So the muhreens just renamed their service pistols for what?

It's pretty normal for militaries to designate their equipment with their own numbering system user

Attached: 800px-CB.92FS.S01E05.Left.jpg (800x597, 90K)

What material is the 92 frame? I'm looking for an aluminum alloy framed autoloader, but I also kind of want a 92.

Look no further friend, the 92 series is aluminum framed.

Brazilfag here. About to buy my first gun and our country makes it reeeeally hard to import them, so I'm getting a Taurus 92 or a 917. Anybody knows if there's any significant difference between the two? I'm more inclined towards the 92 but also would like to be able to carry the gun after i learn how to use it properly.

Attached: images.jpg (554x554, 23K)

Great handgun.
The ones we had all had shot out barrels though, shooting at 10 yards was like shooting buckshot at 30 yards.
One SSgt brought his M9A1 from home and I let him use it on a pistol range, he shot almost a perfect score with it.
The things literally have to be used as a hammer for years before shit breaks on them, contrary to fat autist popular opinion.
Locking block is about the only thing that could cause a catastrophic malfunction, and out of the thousands I have serviced Ive probably only found a cracked one 5 or 6 times.
Cracked slide like 3 or 4 times.
This is out of thousands though, and having the holy fucking shit beat out of them by retard Marines.
Next full size all metal 9mm I get is gonna be a Beretta.

>Anybody knows if there's any significant difference between the two?
yes
just go for the 92 the more tarus diverted from the original design the worse the gun gets

My friends father has one.
It is absolutely incomparable with the M9/92FS quality wise, but I never had a malfunction all the times Ive shot his, so its reliable.
Main thing I didnt like was the shitty weakass recoil spring, made it feel like a .22lr handgun.
Just upgrade the spring to a better quality one and youll be good Brazilbro.

Did you not read his post faggot?
He said he doesnt want to jump through import hoops.
Into reading comp.

and im saying buy the 92 instead of a 917

I love my 92, every vet I talk to hated there m9s though. Called them inaccurate and bulky. Think they maybe just were manlets with bad aim

The 92 is a fantastic gun if you can properly maintain your weapon and are not a manlet, which is why service members didn't like them.

Vast majority aluminum, though they've dabbled with other materials.

They were inaccurate because they had the original barrels from the 80s with almost 100k rounds through them.
We had some in the armory that were literal smooth bores.
See

Thanks. Definitely sold on it then. I just think the 92s design is the most aesthetic handgun ever.

God this thing looks like the failed abortion between beretta and hipoint.

Nice.

Attached: 1359418621541.jpg (405x348, 46K)

it's jonathan ingram from an old hideo kojima game called policenauts. the character is definitely a stereotypical late 80s-early90s kinda guy tho

Attached: policenauts2.gif (500x254, 241K)

I'm sure those M9s probably did operate like shit, but literally any gun will do the same if you shoot tens of thousands of rounds through them with insufficient maintenance and repair. Shit, the fact that those M9s could operate at all is something I'd give them extra credit for, a gun's gotta be durable to put up with that level of abuse and not simply lock up or explode.

nigger
dookie butter
cringe
nigger
poopy head
dumb dumb
nigger
nigger

Attached: 1555695629319.jpg (640x480, 51K)

So long as you’re not a minority or a fucktard you can CC without a permit easily without getting caught. Just obey all other laws and wear attire that doesn’t draw attention to yourself. OC is never a good idea unless you’re in a rural area.

Yes, the Hideo Kojima version.

Based

it really is

Attached: c4ef89ecee26e5060528f0f0f9471cc5.gif (424x240, 470K)

best

Attached: 20190416_184105.jpg (4032x3024, 3.97M)

They didn't call their M16s AR15 either.

taurus 92s are supposed to be outstanding. Its just a 92 with a frame mounted safety as opposed to a slide mounted one. enjoy it man.