NFA Thread- New York Man Fucks Everyone Edition

Post your recent NFA approvals and talk shit about everyone else's life choices.
YHM Turbo
Sent in June 17 2018
Cashed July 9
Approved April 5 2019
In hand April 12
Total time from check cash to approval- 271 days

Attached: 59505738_366888690586950_6886042978876391424_n.jpg (2048x1155, 544K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tKsRM8QHCW0
americanpreppersoutfitters.com/~shop/solvent-trap-adapter/221968/
tntacticalsupply.com/product/ar-15-solvent-trap-adapter-kit/
youtube.com/watch?v=lCuT2iYYTxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I’m waiting on a Kraken 9 and am Omega45k.

The Omega is pending as of 9/18/18
The Kraken is 1/19/19.

Fucking hope I get in hand before the registry closes.

The registry won’t close.

You're right, we're looking at yet another ban without a grandfather clause. MIGA!

fug I need to get this bitch in jail asap

Attached: GSLJohnPhoenixTree1.jpg (2725x4088, 1.19M)

solventtrapsdirect.com
totalityindustries.com
drillpress.harborfreight

My dealer said panic buys are already starting.

While I was in picking up my latest buy, they fielded 10phone calls. And sold another 10 cans in person.

He said it was as busy as 41F days

Trump Jr. Better talk some sense into that old man of yours

My SiCo Hybrid took 155 days to process back in 2017, and I thought that was unreasonable. I though the wait times were going down?

Attached: rib4.jpg (3264x1836, 3.48M)

Nope, they flew right back up right around summer 2018, in part due to the SiCo summer sale, gun control panics, and Trump pretending to give a shit about American borders before going back to fellate his masters. We're looking at an average wait time of 260 days.
I can't believe we're already looking at 'Bush 2006' era panics and we're just two years into this man's fucking tenure.

Attached: 10mm suppressed.jpg (2048x1152, 236K)

>waiting for approval
>to exercise a human right
Lmao. Break the law like a real patriot.

>Trump Jr. Better talk some sense into that old man of yours
Imagine being retarded enough to think junior jackass has literally any influence.

where to buy good suppressors tho

>buy
Make one like a real american.

continue, please

>three to seven thousand dollars for a used mill
>two to four thousand for a lathe

YHM offer good value rifle cans for civvy use without gucci features like emergency blow-off or some gay marketing like Q does. Their pistol cans are definitely meh. I went with Rugged's Obsidian, but that's kind of expensive. Any mainstream pistol caliber can be used with, say, an AAC Tirant 45.

Do you not have friends with tools?
get a tube, muzzle device, a baffle, and endcap. go crazy with a drill press, hot/cold weld together and if you didnt fuck up the alignment you got a can.

he meant illegally. follow the post chain.

Some .22 can
Sent in April 2, 2018
Approved: N/A
In hand: N/A
I hope I get it before the president bans them. I just want to plink quietly without disturbing my neighbors.

>think suppressors might be banned
>immediately start panic buying and getting put on a registry so they know exactly who has them instead of making one in your garage because they'll be illegal anyways

Patiently waiting to press submit on the efile. Just waiting on confirmation.

>vfg not actually attached nerds

Attached: 20190528_140954.jpg (1483x1000, 713K)

The solvent trap store has the proper baffle cones or whatever so you don't need the second link

you don't need the mill, user. just the lathe.

Yep.
If a ban actually comes through and there is no grandfather clause, there will be nowhere to hide.
They're all registered directly to an individual and to an address. Boating accident maymay won't fly. No private sales.
Either give them up or get shot on your front porch.
Nice to see they're giving us a choice.

Attached: ME in 40 years.jpg (1280x717, 131K)

pussy

A total ban isn't likely as that would require congress to act. The most we'd likely see is Trump closing the registry via executive order.

I would DEFINITELY buy someone's legal can off them if I trusted literally anyone.

House will definitely say yes
Senate I give a 50% chance of saying yes (definitely enough RINOs to do it)
Trump I give a 99% chance of signing at that point
so yeah, there's not a 100% chance of further restrictions coming, but with recent precedent in mind, if it comes, there won't be a grandfather clause.
The insidious nature of the NFA means at least 1.5 million individuals will get a loud knock on the door at 5 am one morning as opposed to what happened with bumpstocks.
Which would be a felony for them, you can't private transfer cans.
>but he'll just say it was destroyed!
Enjoy never getting to shoot them.

>cucking to big daddy government for permission to modify your gun and paying them for the pleasure
Lmao

>Enjoy never getting to shoot them around bootlicking fudds
FTFY. I have secluded places to shoot illegal shit and it'll be even easier to get away with with a can.

-get turned in when your neighbors or family see it
-when cops or someone sees it
-when you eventually die and your onions kids turn it in
etc etc

and lets not forget the atf shtudown for a fucking month.

>I just want to plink quietly without disturbing my neighbors.
how dare you, you baby killing monster!

Thunder Beast TD22. Cash checked mid July 2018. Approved 2 weeks ago. My 2nd can. This thing is super quite on my 22/45 lite. Very happy I finally got it.

Attached: 20190605_212035_1559784489239.jpg (1439x1079, 929K)

Hey any one whose a bit broke here's how to make a "solvent trap" from ebay parts
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tKsRM8QHCW0

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 93K)

None of these things are at all likely to happen. Do you know how to crime like at all? It's waaay easier than nigs make it look.

they have aluminum baffles that will work but overheat if you get into magdump territory. totality has titanium and steel that take longer to overheat. aluminum will work as long as you dont try suppressing fire.

can i get a confirm here?

no booster. likely won't cycle a tilting barrel handgun. unless there's something im missing.

Plenty of them come with boosters. It’s pretty easy to befriend a machinist if too lazy to drill. In Minecraft of course!

Dude in video says it works fine and no need for a drill press or lath parts come with a center dimple

The suppressor could be light enough or intended pistol heavy enough to cycle without it. Some suppressors function on a 1911 or similar style without a booster.

Looks like there's some titanium kits on solventtrapsdirect too.

What should I get if I'm looking to use it on a 5.56 gun?

Would a D-Cell kit be best?

good to know.

Ukraine, or anywhere they're unregulated

Attached: 20190516_185251.jpg (1551x1420, 1.61M)

For poor fags here's some "solvent trap" adapters
americanpreppersoutfitters.com/~shop/solvent-trap-adapter/221968/
tntacticalsupply.com/product/ar-15-solvent-trap-adapter-kit/
BTW don't forget to get the tax stamp

anyone have a can on a USP 45? i want to get one for mine but havent done enough research to settle on one option yet

So the purchase of the mill would be justified after ~3rd suppressor?

yeah d cell and titanium or/and steel components. you can use aluminum or a smaller tube but it wont handle as much abuse.

youtube.com/watch?v=lCuT2iYYTxg

I am the first post. I got the Omega 45k. It was my first can however if I had to do it over I would get the Obsidian 45.

It meters much lower on 45 as well as 9mm. However the one downside is it cannot do supersonic 300 Blackout. Which I have no intention of getting. Regardless I am not regreting my purchase I just wished that I had picked a Rugged Obsidian.

I am the same guy that just responded to you. I got it with the intention of putting it on my USP 45. So I am in the same boat as you.

yup, I told my buddies back in '86 that registering their machine guns would be suicidal. Sure they are having fun now, but the day will come when they wish they hadn't.

yes. i guess this goes without saying but ill say it anyway, get the tactical model.

Attached: USP.jpg (2500x1875, 3.14M)

Thanks for the reply, I've watched that video before lol.

I'm currently looking at a 10" long titanium D-Cell 1.5" OD kit (1.360" Inside Diameter) from solventtrapsdirect, coupled with some 1.355" D-Cell cones and spacers from totality industries. I'm thinking that should work pretty well.

Would you have any insight into how spacers are supposed to play into the whole assembly?
Do I just need one at the beginning for the blast chamber, or does each cone kind of need one in order to fit together?

Thanks again for your insight/help.

the omega 45k is way lighter and shorter tho

>aug 2018 ordered AAC element 2
>not back

>today ordered Osprey 45
>not back

fml

Attached: drwho.gif (316x276, 2.07M)

without trying to sound like an idiot, for that price range would a hybrid 46 be a bad choice? i definitely see an advantage in the smaller possible form factor of the obsidian tho, i think the hybrid is pretty hefty. looks like the obsidian is genuinely only a pistol can or?

each baffle needs a spacer and i put a small one in front as a blast chamber. i used .75 spacers and .375 for chamber. 10 inches is long bro. if youre shooting supersonics you wont be able to tell much difference from using such a long boy compared to a shorter tube. i have a 5.6 (with the same setup ur looking at) for 308 and it doesnt leave my ears ringing. if u want that max suppression get that 10 incher tho. might be kind of unwieldy.

Thanks for the info!
The whole reason I'm looking at a 10 incher is because my barrel is only 10.5" long and I want to be sure that the can can handle the extra gas at the muzzle.

Do you still think 10 inches is too long?

Yes but it is only gets 135 Db, the Obisidian gets 123 with 9mm. That is much better than the Octane 9.
You can look at the Db ratings here.
Like I said happy with my purchase might get it this month.

The Hybrid is heavy and gets lousy Db ratings all around. I recommend getting an Omega 45k. If you want to shoot it out of a rifle just stick to 300 Blackout. 5.56 is worth suppressing but not that easy.

... it's a shorty can. A K Can. Its not a full length suppressor. Its job is to be extremely maneuverable and for close quarters work not whispering death.

Get one dedicated pistol can and one dedicated for rifle. Maybe one more for rimfire as they are cheap. Don't go with the hybrid it's like a brick for a pistol.

id think there wouldnt be much difference in durability between 7.6 and 9.6. its not too long until your rifle becomes unwieldy. i guess itll be equivalent to an m16 in length so its probably not too long.

>i guess itll be equivalent to an m16 in length so its probably not too long.
clear a hallway with one and come back and say that with a straight face.

I am leaning more towards the 7.6" now after visualizing it on my gun - I have just a couple more questions, thanks for all your help so far.

Did you have to trim down any of your spacers to make them all fit in the tube?

Does it matter if there's a little extra space left in the tube after all the spacers/baffles are installed, such that they slide around ever so slightly? In that same vein, how tight should all the spacers/baffles be in the tube once they're all in?

And how terrible would it be if I only drilled the hole in the comes, without doing the extra machining? (If you know)

Honestly, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. You've greatly pushed me in the direction of actually doing this now.

It will come eventually

lol i went 5.6 but my barrel is 16 inches, im aware

i put 5 baffles, 5 spacers then 1 blast baffle and guess i got lucky because i ended up with ever so slight play left over. not enough for me to feel the need to cut/grind any spacers or rearrange anything. 5 baffles, 5 .75 spacers and 1 .375 fit pretty perfect in the 5.6 inch tube. and i just drill pressed a small guide hole then a 9.5mm hole for 7.62. didnt bother trying to clip the baffles.

>fifty bucks a month to join the local maker space

>1.5 million individuals will get a loud knock on the door at 5 am one morning
There aren't that many cops in the US. They can SWAT maybe 1% of owners before the call to arms goes out and suddenly there are no more cops.

Awesome to hear you didn't even clip the baffles because that was the part of the process I was most concerned with lol.

How long(tall) are the actual baffles/cones themselves? I can't seem to find that info on the website. I'm just trying to figure out how many to use for a 7.6 tube.

If you don't even know what kinds of things you can do on lathes and mills, you can't make a suppressor.

Friendly reminder that once your first one goes through, call NFA Branch for the status on second and let them know you just had one approved if it’s pending FBI check. They can an use your last one if it’s within 30 days and can approve immediately when someone can get to it

150000 raids is 150000 too many.

There was a rush before 41F, then there was a lull waiting for the HPA, then there was pent up demand after that failed, then there was two month government shutdown and now this bullshit. Will be 18-24 months by next summer of nothing is done to speed things up

But then we get to boogaloo and get streets and grade schools named after us in the New Republic.

Closing the registry would also require an act of Congress you nitwit

thats an MP22

that .22lr pistol aint got no rocking barrel so no need for a booster/piston assembly

Trump loses by a landslide in 2020 if he signs any anti gun legislation

And >implying losing a suppressor wouldn’t work. If they start throwing people in jail for saying they lost a suppressor LEOs will start to get shot.

>if
how's that bumpstock holding up kiddo

Does a suppressor make a firearm act like a machine gun? No? Right.

That’s their argument. They will lose pending litigation, but you can understand the jump from “accessory that allows semi auto to appear to fire like a fully auto” to “well we can regulate this accessory like a full auto firearm”. There is no such parallel with suppressors.

Attached: E3E0BF70-4CDF-4A4C-AEEB-49101D68B8F4.jpg (2412x1370, 520K)

eyeballing it on a ruler looks about .6875 or 11/16th inch. youll need to measure using spacers though as the baffles have to be shorter than the spacer they go inside, which is why i used .75.

Attached: 13114FC8-1C19-4953-81CE-7D729C4D645A.jpg (2048x1536, 1.04M)

That's very wishful thinking.

>tfw have a 14 inch long kit
>3 inch blast chamber
>nearly 10 inches of baffles
>14 baffles

It’s like 30 oz.

Ahhh, I see the daily cuck thread is up and running well.

The posts so far have been about breaking the rules to do the right thing
Your post is about nothing
He did
>you can't private transfer cans.
Yes anyone can with a form 4 in-state
>Boating accident maymay won't fly.
The NFRTR just means they can reverse-lookup owners which 4473s can't do. There's no legal requirement to notify when an NFA item is destroyed so the "boating accident" excuse wouldn't be any more absurd than with a title 1 firearm

>joining a club to make an illegal firearm
Genius

PRIVATE
TRANSFER

I've been away from first world countries for awhile anons, can someone explain what's going on with suppressors and what SCOTUS case I have to watch out for

Which country?
There was a shooting by a dark one in VA recently which featured a "suppressor" (we haven't been given any specifics) and an "extended magazine" (note: not high capacity).
A bunch of people died, now Trump says he's looking into banning suppressors.

Attached: 20181208_130723.jpg (4128x2322, 2.06M)

All over ME and Africa. I'm American, was knocking out a lot of /out/ shit I used to dream about

That's fucked, but I can't say I'm surprised after bump stocks. He isn't getting my vote this time.

Did you fuck/bleach any hot Arab or Nubian bitches?

Nope, married. Had the chance, definitely, especially in ME countries. Women in Kuwait city practically throw themselves at you

Damn, I need to visit Kuwait.
Oh fuck, wait a minute, I might look like chad but I’m also a total autist.

What magazine block are you using? Do you like it, is it reliable?

I would start with a 2 inch Stainless Steel barrel blank as raw material cut to length and chuck it up.
Turn it to the inside diameter of some available Stainless piping or tube .
Center drill it to remove the rifling.
Then carve out each baffle and end caps.
Gas weld the cap on and tack weld the baffles in place via through holes in the pipe.
Chuck it back up and smooth the welds.
Nitride the entire assembly.
Nitride Salts can be used at home in a Lead Melting pot with a retrofitted thermocouple and temperature control.
It also works for annealing brass ammunition cases.
2 second dip anneals the necks.

That looks to be a legit pinned Colt 9mm lower. Meaning it's probably a Colt block.
I've heard great things about Hahn blocks but they're very expensive.

I figured baffles would have to be shorter, just trying to figure out how long my spacers will need to be. Is there a maximum length longer the spacers should be than the baffles?

friendly reminder that buying an NFA item puts you on a government registry.

YHM is garbage. I'm sorry you fell for your dealer's meme.

On that note to anyone considering a can please do not buy:
anything YHM,
anything AAC,
anything SiCo except Osprey, Hybrid, Omega
pretty much anything Gemtech or GSL