Commiefornia gun market

If somebody had potentially come up with a workaround that would allow semi-automatic rifles in California and other ban states without all the goofy shit a "compliant" rifle needs, how big of a market would you guys anticipate? I'm still waiting for the ATF to confirm if my reasoning is sound here, but I think I might have something.

Attached: IMG_5192.jpg (683x508, 129K)

At least post the idea so we can bully you if it sucks.

Step 1: Wait until your confirmation letter comes back
Step 2: Come up with idea/make prototypes
Step 3: Post said letter on Jow Forums
Step 4: kys cuz you're a massive faggot

Attached: 1532139780936.jpg (719x713, 47K)

It’s a huge market, CA had more gun owners than any other state, a fact that a lot of gun companies seem to disregard for some stupid reason.

*has more gun owners

>workaround

Attached: 1C245A9D-7917-427B-B80D-AFA302AE49D6.png (543x443, 24K)

If they say I'm wrong or if I get it patented I'll more than gladly share it with y'all, but I know there's a fair amount of you who are a lot better at design than I am, and I don't want to get beat to my own idea.

Double action ar rifles already exist where you pull the trigger to have the hammer strike the firing pin like a revolver instead. Only other alternative is electric driven mechanism or like coil spring mechsnism

I know it's
>keltec
>bullpup
But is the RDB Hunter any good?

I was actually considering buying that gun just to convert it to the halo battle rifle for fun but to answer OP California doesn't want a work around we want our rights back. But if you can make the AR differently where its not considered a semi auto but functions like one so we can have our features back(and performance and ergonomics dont fucking blow) then we'd consider it. Lots of people thought pump action ak and ar rifles would sell just because and no it didn't it fucking sucks.

I'm wondering why lever-release rifles haven;t become a thing over there, like they were in bongistan. Technically wouldn't be a semi-auto, so it couldn't be an "assault" weapon.

>I don't want to get beat to my own idea.
Get a fucking patent then, faggot.
Become a 07 FFL and patent your idea if it's worth anything.

In a perfect world you would have them back, but until such time as either your state uncucks its government or the feds step in and declare their shit unconstitutional, it's the next best thing.

It's a very large market with a lot of disposable tech money. California is a massive market for firearms despite all the red tape and constant pressure to eradicate gun sales/ownership altogether.

That said, a lot of people devote a lot of time/money/brainpower as it is to develop, test and market compliant firearms in the golden state as it is. They try it from just about every approach, although it's inevitably risky. The ATF doesn't deal with state restrictions, so asking then to approve your device is largely meaningless. The DOJ is intentionally vague and if pressed asserts that any attempt to side-step or even comply with state gun laws us illegal, even blatantly lying in saying so (in their minds all guns are illegal, the laws just haven't been passed yet) so asking them to approve anything is pointless. You're stuck throwing it on the market, hoping some FFL will risk their livelihood to sell it and then fight it in court when the CA DOJ cones after them. Then you can benefit from massive sales until they pass a law specifically banning the workaround you created.

That's pretty much how it went with bullet buttons. First they were a gray area only the daring dealers and owners would touch, then they won in court, then everyone owned/sold them, now they are completely banned.

OP, all you need to do is look at the magazine lift back in April. This state was FLOODED with magazines during the short lift. Just imagine what would be like for any other bullshit law.

I blew $1000 in three days on mags BTW.

OP I still encourage you to pursue your idea. Anything spit in the DOJ's eye is good in my book. Just know what you're going into and on the other side of the coin that if they tell you it's illegal doesn't mean it really is (for what it's worth they can also approve something then change their minds once it catches on).

I highly recommend Calguns.net as an indispensable resource for information regarding California's gun law shenanigans. It's a very good community too, and if you succeed they can also give you a platform to market your product as a vendor.

Trips of fucking truth.

I'm sure that when that gets taken to court in CA though they'll say that since you pull the trigger to fire it each time it's the same as semi-auto.

Hadn't heard of them before but now I'm curious, too.

>Get a patent and spend at least $500 bucks on an idea you had a few days ago

You do realize patents aren't an instant thing, correct? That and I want confirmation that it'll be within the definition I'm hoping for before I proceed.

Thank you, I'm definitely going to ask then about it as well.

Pretty much everybody I talk to at the gun shop did the same when the topic comes up in general shop talk.
Young dudes, old dudes, everybody in between that knew about it, got mags.

And in some cases are still getting mags, since backorders count as exempt under the Federal order.

This, I don’t doubt this for a second, look at the freedom week CAanons when it came to buying mags, they cleaned most online vendors out in a few hours.

>how big of a market would you guys anticipate?
with just how fast CA legislatives can railroad gun laws into effect; whatever you think of, it will be tied up in the courts for at least a good number of years.

Why not make the pistol grip so that it has a hole you can put your thumb in rather then wrapping it around the stock, that way your complying technically

i live in california and know the laws extremely well since ive owend guns here for the last 30 years. there is nothing you could come up with at the federal "ATF" level that would affect california laws in the slightest. we know about any other weapons AOWs. we know the definition of semi automatic. we know about caseless ammo. we know about alternative propellants like air, gas, and electricity. we know about all this shit and have for quite some time. sorry your idea has already been thought of and ruled impossible due to a number of reasons and the way california law is written.

i dont know about other cuck states, maybe your tricks will work there but i can guarantee nothing you have "stumbled upon" hasnt been thought of in california and posted about frequently on calguns for decades

Attached: 1559851622453.jpg (960x962, 571K)

doesnt work

>“Definition-
(d) “pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon” means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed below the top exposed portion of the trigger while firing.”

>I'm wondering why lever-release rifles haven;t become a thing over there, like they were in bongistan
Because no one's come up with a version that'll drop in a standard AR.

Californians hate buying guns designed from the ground up to skirt the law. We much prefer buying retrofit parts, so our guns are convertible back to standard configuration.

There actually is an AR bolt catch with a spring under it that works similar to those British guns. You can also hold the bolt catch down and get semi-auto function, which scares people away from it.

>thinking the DOJ gives a shit about the ATF or the constitution
I die a new death every infringement.

And how many ideas do you think you've lost out on because so many of you have that "it's not even worth it to try it" mentality?

I would think having their okay that what I have isn't "semi-automatic" would at least lend some clout if/when I get sued.

No, it would not. California has its own laws, with their own wording, and their own definitions. The ATF's opinion would be completely and totally irrelevant.

Texas actually has the most gun owners of any state ~10 mil. CA has the second most ~8-9 mil, but with a much lower percentage of the total population owning guns. As for gun companies, a lot of them have to make "CA only" guns which is quite frankly a pain in the ass for most, but it ends up being worth it for them in the long run though given the market size.

man, you're that green pepe pipe bomb faggot aren't you?

I had the idea for the ares scr before it was a thing

So, from what everybody is saying if I ask the California DOJ there's a good chance they'll just flat-out lie to me. Would it be worth the money to consult a Californian lawyer? Would I be the one they would come after when they decide that this is unacceptable?

>you guys I have this great idea
>I wont tell you what the idea is
Why did you make a thread? Just to tell everybody that you had an idea one time? What a nigger

No idea what the fuck you're on about, but it sounds interesting.

And just think what you could have had if you had ran with that idea. Don't let the next one pass you by.

>Why did you make a thread?

Are you not capable of reading? I want to know if its worth investing the time and money into before I start putting in large amounts of either.

Make a gun that takes 2 trigger pulls to fire 1 bullet, technically not semi auto because it's not 1 bullet per trigger pull, have 2 side by side triggers

Its probably the MARS rifle that the UK just recently banned.

Califags truly are cucked lol

>
everyone did. the key annoying parts of the CA law are "pistol grip" and "detachable magazine". people thought of montecarlo ARs for years but nobody stepped up to make a decent design, mostly because when the shit hits the road its up to someone with a good idea to risk a lot of money for development and production, and most people either dont have or dont want to risk that amount of money and time. especially if CA will just rewrite the rules during the next year. they are trying to ban all semi autos right now regardless of grips or accessories or mag size. CA doesnt care about the constitution. they force their taxpayers to subsidize housing, medical care, cell phones, and food for literal non-citizens who walk over the border. do you think CA lawmakers and judges give a shit about your gun rights? they want to get rid of them all so there is nothing to contest their absolute rule

I have an RDB-C, it's pretty good. The trigger is a little weird but no worse than other bullpups. I still miss my ARs.