Brazil bought 100 Meteors

latribune.fr/entreprises-finance/industrie/aeronautique-defense/mbda-obtient-une-commande-de-200-millions-d-euros-au-bresil-819815.html

Attached: missile-meteor-bresil-saab.jpg (612x306, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cpYV9FD8-DQ&lact=2&itct=CCMQpDAYACITCKPxkq7q3eICFcRxmAoddZoOZzIGc2VhcmNoUgxTdXBlciB0dWNhbm8=&csn=d7v9XJfSHZOekAPJhLDwCA&has_verified=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvadoran_Civil_War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Neat. I think they are getting ready to be able to throw their weight around, maybe even do expeditionary warfare in the region. Here's my reasoning:
- some or even most of BR political&military leadership wanted to be able to intervene in VZ
- part of the reason they didn't is a lack of capability
- BR now has a RW gov

By building up their conventional forces and bringing them up to a modern tech standard, they will gain the ability to have more influence in the region without even firing a shot. And they will also have the capability for a shooting fight, should that ever happen. But more likely, military power will be felt more indirectly, as a "fleet in being".

they also have a policy of non intervention. they wont go to war unless they are directly fucked with.

They could probably handle Venezuela on their own if they ever felt a strong national need to do so. I know they've just been brought into the NATO partner program or something like that, so they're starting to make some moves. It'll be a long time before they become a majorly-competent military, though.

None of that shit.

The missiles that FAB currently has aren't compatible with the future Gripens that they'll be receiving.
Besides the Metetor they also bought other smart bombs like KEPD 350 and other stuff i forgot.
Also they're testing a Air-Ground version on a Ground-Ground missile from the ASTROS system.

t. Knower

Attached: file.png (1849x1001, 1.69M)

War with Venezuela it will just become another Lybia/Syria.
Perpetual civil war in the country, several sides and interest groups funding them and peace nowhere to be seen.

Let the Venezuelans topple their own shitty govt.

But Libya and Syria WERE the people toppling their own shitty govts

Paid for by westerners.

They're the only ones with any money, user.

Does Brazil have any (foreign) enemies though?

Attached: Brazilian_Leopard_1_tank.jpg (1600x1200, 442K)

They had worldpowers backing them.

Latin America last significant conflict was 100 years ago.

Brazil knows their planes. Check out this insane super tucano combat footage I’m afghanistan. m.youtube.com/watch?v=cpYV9FD8-DQ&lact=2&itct=CCMQpDAYACITCKPxkq7q3eICFcRxmAoddZoOZzIGc2VhcmNoUgxTdXBlciB0dWNhbm8=&csn=d7v9XJfSHZOekAPJhLDwCA&has_verified=1

Attached: 871146EE-2B26-4B3C-A146-0E4E57C5B7F8.jpg (1024x576, 81K)

>they will gain the ability to have more influence in the region without even firing a shot.
Brazil is by far the biggest, most populated country in South America, they've pretty much flexed muscle since independence. I had a history prof who claimed that Brazil actually considered sending a military contingent to Los Angeles to put down the Watts Riots in the 1960's.

>Latin America last significant conflict was 100 years ago.
That opinion depends on if you were there or not.

>Latin America last significant conflict was 100 years ago.
kek, The Falklands was "insignificant"? lol, you know shit about history, gtfo.

What, the Falklands War? Just a fistfight compared to the Salvadorian 'civil war' where the US were oh so military active. 75 000 dead, uknown number of people missing... must have been pretty significant to those who experienced it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvadoran_Civil_War

nah,our "RW" gov allowed boeing to destroy embraer and change her name to Boeing brazil.

SCREENCAP THIS.

boeing will buy the rest of embraer planes like the KC-390 and super tucano and rename them like A-11 spark and C-131 ares or something.
we lost osorio because US bribed the arabs and now we lost embraer because boeing can't compete with airbus and bombardier.

stop being naive

>we lost osorio because US bribed the arabs
Wrong. Engesa tried to sell weaponry to Iraq, along with going financially insolvent at the time.

based

Attached: Meteor_IAF_1954.jpg (1024x683, 89K)

>The missiles that FAB currently has aren't compatible with the future Gripens

They are not currently integrated, but can be if BR decides to pay for it.

New war on cartels?

What cartels has modern fighter jets that require the latest AA missiles?

Engesa fucked themselves by trusting Saddam and then invest ALL their capital in a tank that the Brazilian Army didnt even wanted.

Cali cartel almost bought a Soviet submarine in the 90's.

Airbus bought Bombardier, dumbass.

Thats not actually a Air-Ground missile.
That its Just an empty shell with the Ground-Ground missile turbine in the back for testing.

Has any criminal group ever had air-support, excluding drones?

the mexican airforce doesnt even have any fighter jets

Stop buying meteors and buy more A-darters you fucking shits.

Both are completely different.

Those missiles are the good brit one right?

>SA
The whole continent is a shithole, why should anyone care that Brazil wants to be king of the shitters?

>Edge the hedgehog.

You know as a kid I thought the whole continent was Africa tier. No one cares about SA.

Stop shilling your shithole here you brazil monkeys