Coil assisted aiming?

I have idea for using digital scopes (they run android) to roughly pick a target (like in VATS on fallout) and then using a coil at the end of the barrel to slightly deviate the flight path to compensate for aiming errors.

I know they have a similar system where it does a delayed shot and waits until the aim is correct before firing but I've never heard of anything to change the actual aim?

You can drop a magnet down an aluminum tube and see what happens, the aluminum turns into an electromagnet and resists the falling magnet because of eddy currents, the same could be done to the bullet.

Attached: fig1[1].jpg (365x216, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ivJh4krN6X4
youtube.com/watch?v=uJyEBVgzMvg
youtu.be/OKldy2YNAHk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I have idea
THEN FUCKING DO IT YOU GEEKY REDDIT SPACER. What are you looking at us for? If we had an idea, we'd have posted some arduino ONIONS code by now. You fucking techno 2nd amendment nerd go POST ON REDDIT and fuck off.

Attached: 49a30a477c5cdc2e6f4f752785b32c92.png (491x77, 32K)

Sounds like you've got a handle on the technical side. Now check out contract manufacturing.

So a miniaturized rail gun? What's it do better than conventional means? Does it cost similar? Does it have a 40lb battery pack that could affect performance? Etc. etc.

Who pissed in your coffee this morning?
He needs to make a proof of concept first. Ideally one that he can easily tweak to find what works best.

Does it already exist or is obsolete because of something better?

It's just computer assisted aiming/barrel adjustment, firing mechanisms are as they've been before.

Are you capable of reading, retard?

>So a miniaturized rail gun?

No, just a normal gun that uses powder. I used a shit picture. It'd have something like what a TV uses to aim the ray gun. two coils, one for elevation and one for windage.

Last I checked my Mauser doesn't magnetically correct the bullet in the barrel.

youtube.com/watch?v=ivJh4krN6X4

>You can drop a magnet down an aluminum tube and see what happens, the aluminum turns into an electromagnet and resists the falling magnet because of eddy currents, the same could be done to the bullet
So why use this sentence at all then?

He's talking about changing the trajectory by inducing eddy currents in the projectile as if flies through the coil.
And for the record, a gun that fired using a coil is a coil gun, not a rail gun, even though this is the exact opposite of a coil gun.

>So why use this sentence at all then?

I'm just pointing out that the bullet doesn't need to be magnetic for magnets to be able to affect it.

First off, you've got to test this. Get some wires, mock op a gun using an air compressor and some valves, and try getting it to work. Hell, post it on Youtube.

Second, I don't think it'll work like you think. The Eddy currents are hard to control and you'll likely loose too much muzzle velocity in the process. Not to mention the spin from the rifling will work against you.

But no sarcasm, test this. Ideas exist to be tested, everything else is secondary.

a bullet is for all intents and purposes infinitely more massive than an electron

Wouldn't it be easier to have a self correcting bullet instead of putting all that work into the beginning of the process that isn't all that necessary.

>Second, I don't think it'll work like you think. The Eddy currents are hard to control and you'll likely loose too much muzzle velocity in the process. Not to mention the spin from the rifling will work against you.
this. You need bias to work one way to steer something electromagnetically but it with a firearm it would certainly go the other way because you're propelling the bullet with a lot of power
t. got a c in mechanics, no bully

I think you could get similar performance just by having an expansion chamber just in front of the muzzle that can be moved up/down/left/right by a couple of servos or some shit and the difference in pressure between the closer and further side of the expansion chamber affecting the final trajectory of the bullet.
Either way, it sounds like a neat project.

You're still putting a lot of effort into the beginning part of the shot. The part that doesn't really need it considering most snipers are shooting bullets from rifles that are sub moa and accurized to hell and back repeatedly to the point of nausea. You're more worried about the bullet after it leaves the barrel based on atmospheric variables. This just seems like an extra step that would only get a bean counter hard by increasing a percentage by the millionth and end up giving the end user a headache.

Ehhh, I could still see some uses for it.
Take a centrifugal gun, for instance. You can have each projectile come out with a very short delay, so using a similar technique to a rocket's thrust vectoring could be an effective way of adjusting point of impact as you fire.

Movable baffle is also a good idea.

A few MOA shift for long distances would be more than adequate.

Eddy currents have been around forever but seemingly obvious uses for it are still cutting edge like this contactless bike generator:

youtube.com/watch?v=uJyEBVgzMvg

Put your energy into wired reflexes. Muscles are easier to manipulate than moving bullets. Its a combo of transdermal muscle stim, crossed with auto turret software. Use your muscles like servo motors. A smartglass hud with eye tracking for target acquisition, perhaps open eeg for nueral interface. Look at targets thinking "die" for each one, then let the computer controlled siezure use you arm to throw the gun on target before stimming your trigger finger. Its all on hackaday if you start parting out projects.

>Put your energy into wired reflexe

That actually seems like a better idea. Perhaps a couple flywheel gyros to 'snap' onto a target and make it difficult to actually move the rifle

filed under 'will not work ever ever ever'

Well you may not know as much as you think. Open source paintball turret software will track a target sending calculated signals to motors. It was the foundation for the tracking point aiming system only you are the motors and the trigger release is automated. This is a thing already.

Pic related can make anyone play guitar instantly through muscles stimulation. Only using the forearm and wrist. Mapping the nerves has been done from the prosthetic/robot limbs side of tech. Even shoulders and arms. These too are already things. Putting it together is not only very doable but practically guaranteed!
Thinkaboutit...

Attached: devicep1.jpg (450x258, 47K)

you have to be 18 to post here

yeah

youtu.be/OKldy2YNAHk

Keep dreaming and building user

Attached: 1539388762051.jpg (900x735, 121K)