Black powder Do-it-yourself Kits

/out/ regular here. I'm thinking of buying pic, have any of you bought these do it yourself Black powder pistols? Anything you liked/disliked about yours? Is this even safe to fire? Recommendations?

Attached: KP50602_KentuckyPistol.jpg (800x419, 38K)

By the way the pic is:
Traditions Kentucky Black Powder Pistol Unassembled Kit 50 Caliber Percussion 1 in 16" Twist 10" Barrel in the White

If you have to ask questions like 'is it safe to fire' then you have no business building one. Buy one assembled by a reputable manufacturer and don't waste your time.

I think it's a valid question from a newbie

Take your meds retard.

If he has the attention span to finish it, he has the attention span to load and fire it safely

I'm asking more of, are the materials legitimate or cheap bullshit, and is it going to blow up in my face if fired properly?

Why are you buying that? Will it be serving an /out/ purpose?

As long as you stay within recc'ed operating presdures, yes.

If caseless ammo is a thing could you make a semi auto blackpowder ar15

I can legally take it into National Forrests where regular firearms aren't allowed. But mostly I just like them.

If your really doing /out/, get a flintlock version. Percussion caps are a commodity that Flint does away with. All you need is powder and ball.

Not practical enough for me, and I'm not a LARPer.

>recc'ed operating presdures
aka
don't use smokeless powder

You actually can carry a gun in national forests for protection, you just need a conceal carry permit.

I didn't know that was a thing.

In the US? I thought it was illegal even with CC because it's federal land?

Attached: 1555795900057m.jpg (1024x988, 73K)

Would it have enough power to cycle?

No you don't, I've carried my revolver plenty of times in multiple parks in the gun loving state of AZ. None of the park rangers bug me about it either.

Sont listen to this fag do away with mechanisms that are prone to failure get a matchlock never have to worry about rare rocks or the mechanism failing all you need is a lit cord or a lighter

Yeah don't use modern gunpowder, it detonates at higher pressure than black powder. If you go shopping for the stuff specifically look for black powder and not gunpowder because it might be smokeless powder

Get yourself an Uberti Dragoon

Dont listen to this cunt, make matchbook Armstrong's mix. no powder needed or mechanism, just a way to hit the hole with something hard.

Nah an 1858 Remington is a better design because it allows faster reloads

So long as you stay away from brass you’re more or less set assuming you don’t do retarded shit like use smokeless powder. But even then brass just mostly puts it as a glorified range toy.
This may raise some boners but holy fuck that would be a bitch to clean.
Assuming you’re a fellow burger you can carry in national forrests, just gotta get yer loicense.

It is a more practical design, yes, but it won't give you as much fuck you per shot, which is the fun bit.

-t owns both a Walker and an 1858

Fair point, maybe one of those pedersoli howdah pistols?

Also acceptable. The Walker/Dragoon (both use the same cylinder and have similarish barrel length) at full load have approximately the same energy as a .357 mag and you get six shots of that using the safety notch standard on all Uberti's wheelgats, or two shots of 20 gauge out of the Howda pistol. Can't go wrong with either.

>pirate guns
THIS IS THE TALE
OF CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW!

Wait I can get double barreled ones, right?

Attached: Jack_Sparrow_OST_Textless_Poster.jpg (1728x2801, 1.51M)

National forests are very gun friendly. It's even legal to fire the guns...

Yes

It's PUBLIC land

look up the pendersoli double barrel 20 gauge howdah

It was, you actually got Obama to thank for that. He relaxed the rules and made it so you can carry if you got the permit.

Keep in mind that these are not Lego.
You will almost certainly have to finish the wood.
I mean you will have to take a rasp and file too it, not just sand, stain, and polyurethane.

What a fucking retarded comment. Kill yourself retard, or never post here again at least.

If you're not at least a little handy, I wouldn't do it. It's not like legos or computers where you just pop the parts in and are immediately good. There's fitting involved, mostly with a chisel, but sometimes with a metal file. Overall they're quite safe.

Dont listen to this guy with having to use blackpowder which is known to be dangerous prone to failures and expensive so straight up punch whatever you would normally shot at youll know your fist works 100% of the time and dont have to spend any money and is even legal in Britain (with a license)

Does anyone make a smokeless breach loading rifle that uses a primer for the percussion cap?

Fucking heretics, just use your psychokinetic powers like God intended. No need for approval, reload, and you can literally crush your enemies like bugs.

National parks are open to the public, but they're property of the feds.

I'm looking forward to it. It'll make the gun that much more special.

State parks are public, national parks are owned by the National Parks System.