John Moses Browning, peace be upon him

John Moses Browning, peace be upon him.

Attached: browning-feat.jpg (770x513, 41K)

Unironically the best gun designer that ever lived. Though I did wish he was able to finish the Hi power so it probably wouldn’t have such a shit stock trigger

Attached: 87C8EE1F-65CB-42AF-9870-7014CC9BD29A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

Remove the mag safety. Fucking euro trash and thier magazine safeties.

Based grips, brother. Christos anesti!

Attached: Djtj-7_X0AAHBZU.jpg (464x447, 14K)

So good that Kalashnikov stole the safety.

Attached: REMINGTON-MODEL-8-D-FACTORY-ENGRAVED-DELUXE-RARE-CALIBER-25-35-REMINGTON_100859086_401_5323F90705E2E (1500x1000, 136K)

based

what gun is that?

Remington model 8. There was a slightly updated version, the 81, a few years later. I have one. It's a long-recoil design, semi-auto, and it actually fed from stripper clips (good luck finding those now for under $100).

I did, I just put the pin back in because I like the look.
Danke. Bought them smooth, did the work myself

Attached: 1F188FF9-8E65-453A-B729-C194E1919665.jpg (3024x4032, 2.84M)

Cradle Orthodox or convert like me?

cheers mate!

No prob, Jow Forumsomrade! Hope you get one. Fair warning: like all long recoil, it punches hard.

I'm sure he is now on planet Kolob with god and all his wives.

Convert, though I’m late in the catechumen stage, I was Methodist before. I’m antiochian Orthodox as it’s the only one near me, however I have always liked Greek and I’m starting to learn that and Georgian.

Nice. I was just Chrismated this year. Former Presbyterian.

I have a Mormon friend staying with me. It’s some wacky shit

Nice, what state? I’m in Tennessee, one of my friends from church is aspiring to be a priest and does competition shooting

Gnosticism, Arianism, and several more heresies that were refuted centuries ago.

Colorado. I'm in an OCA parish (Orthodox Church in America). We're an autocephalous daughter of the Russian Church.

Heresy can seem like a tasty drink to some. If the existence to those golden tablets were proven to exist and were written in what was most likely Aramaic, it would be more believable.

Nice, my parish may be. We do have a Russian patron saint. Elizabeth the new martyr

The fact that he wouldn't show them to anyone is enough to discredit him. God isn't a fan of "secret knowledge" and "secret societies".

Been search for an old Auto 5 in 16 gauge. Getting a decent one is harder than I expected. One day I will have that Sweet Sixteen.

Who can say. OCA has English, Russian, Greek, etc. parishes. Is Metropolitan Tikhon your boss? (Do they commemorate him during Liturgy?)

Yeah that’s true, Christ’s teachings were always public in some form of fashion

No ours is metropolitan Joseph, were part of the SE us

Ah. Well, Metropolitan Tikhon is head of the OCA, so you're probably fully under the Antiochian Church.

The gun he designed was wildly different and saive did the heavy lifting

That’s probably the case. Being a very small church we aren’t too connected to the larger ones around except when the Bishop visits.

Well he kinda died before the design was finished

I saw this picture of him in the old History Channel series Tales of the Gun, and it took forever to find any kind of copy of it online. But I love how happy he looks :)

Attached: John in hat.jpg (583x836, 181K)

Nah, you're just part of the Antiochian Church. Your Metropolitan answers to the head of the Antiochian Church. Metropolitan Tikhon is the full head of the OCA; he doesn't have any superiors overseas. The Orthodox Church is a mess of competing diocese in America. We have the OCA which tries to be the "official" American Church, and then there are diocese that were started by immigrants and answer to foreign Churches (Greek, Russian, Serb, etc.). There's unfortunately no centralized structure.

Okay cool, thanks for the info friend. I haven’t talked to my priest much about the people who are in charge of our church as much as I probably should.

Second only to the true master, Steve, the Hi-Point guy.

Attached: John Moses Browning.jpg (546x909, 338K)

can you put the mag safety back easily? I have a pre-war commercial model that I don't want to fuck up too badly. although the finish is quite thin anyway.
god damn are the triggers complete dogshit

Attached: IMG_3411.jpg (1620x1080, 367K)

Yeah, it can be a bit annoying to put in but it’s pretty simple and you put the pin back in. I have a FEG and Mauser model 80. I’m going to get a trigger job done on the FEG. Do you still have the safety or is it long gone?