RPG2 Reactivation

I'm looking at picking up a standard deactivated RPG2 (welded bar, hole cut in tube, and I'm assuming a ground or removed firing pin). Would it be legal for me as a regular guy to reactivate it without licensing? I'm not intended to fire explosive charges out of it or anything, more like lawn dart things as a game. I've read that the explosive payload must be less than 4oz for a projectile to not require registration.
Provided I won't be breaking any laws, would it be structurally safe to simply weld a plate over the drilled hole for firing? And if anyone here has reactivated one, how did you go about removing the welded bar? (I'm thinking it'd just be easiest to throw it on a lathe or something)
Any info or experiences are greatly appreciated!

Attached: RPG2.jpg (1200x445, 85K)

Do what I had the idea for years ago, make it a black powder muzzleloader.

Attached: muzzleloader_RPG.jpg (800x600, 41K)

That's pretty much my intention. I was thinking about making my own nipple for a percussion cap to be struck directly by the hammer. Honestly I may make my own insert for the tube which would completely negate my concerns about structural integrity welding a plate on the original tube.

To expand, my idea was a percussio cap, a base plate fixed by some means inside of the tube, pouring whatever powder load I wanted into the tube, and then seating the dart projectile on top. My only concern with my plan is the fact that this will create a recoil impulse, something this thing's design was not intended to be comfortable with

bump

Godspeed user, deactivation is an atrocity to gunkind

You would need to file a form 1 and pay your 200 dollar infringement fee but then it's totally legal. Or you can join the secret NFA club. Up to you.

i suspect you would need to submit it to the atf once your modifications were complete for them to review.

Explosive charge of no more than 1/4 OUNCES, and a propellant of no more than 4 ounces.

>and a propellant of no more than 4 ounces.
doesn't apply to this

Just use something truly ridiculous for compound like hmtd

Would you have to if it's only using black powder?

It doesn't matter what you are choosing to use as propellant.
If you remove that bar and patch the hole in the tube then you are making a DD.

Now then, if you wanted to build a muzzle-loader that would be totally legal, but that's not what you're talking about there.

Attached: 66c544f6809732d3d0e3a93b6867923a.jpg (550x247, 23K)

Making it a muzzleloader is actually what my intention is, though. The plan is installing an inner barrel with a breech, with the projectile being a wooden stake or something.

Attached: 16529074.jpg (215x215, 10K)

Attached: 1560272073476.jpg (386x303, 28K)

Attached: 1560272073476.jpg (383x199, 18K)

>Can I make a destructive device legally
If you file a form 1 and pay $200 cuck tax.

Go on OP...

Attached: 13476.jpg (692x228, 32K)

To the dude spamming ATF faces, you’re fucking retarded. OP clearly said he’s looking for a legal way.

Since when has america cared about not infringing on law abiding citizens

Attached: 9873cPi.jpg (374x503, 45K)

fit an airsoft electronic mechanism in the tube, and wire up a switch underneath the trigger