Space Jow Forumsommandos

so Jow Forums, which one is better and why, spartans or ODSTs?

Attached: Halo_5_-_Buck_renders.jpg (1920x960, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfGPMJ8A0QY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Halo is Jow Forums related, newfag

Attached: 1548376331407.jpg (2048x1217, 532K)

How about no.

1. The weapons don't realistically work.

2. It's a fictional videogame.

3. ODST is not the Spartan Program.

wrong board and retarded question. Spartans are clearly better in every way.

how about you stop being a faggot and lurk more before posting?

Attached: avery-johnson.jpg (708x398, 64K)

Jow Forums is an ODST board spartanfag

Attached: 1549665357224.jpg (900x506, 95K)

Halo Zoomers are so fucking insufferable

>game came out in 2001
>zoomers
nigga, wat?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE

Well the Spartan IV programs seem to be stepping on the toes of ODST's as far as I know lore wise. I suppose the light augmentations, and focus on special operations, sabotage, and deep operations behind enemy "lines" still warrants a strategic difference between ODST's and Spartan IV's. Where as ODST's are used as front-line reinforcement as semi-expendable infantry, as well as more specialized operations. When it comes to Spartan II'vs the IMMENSE cost of a Spartan II and their sheer borderline-sociopath determination and unshakable devotion to the mission as well as their superhuman abilities makes them more like a MBT on legs then a ODST.

Jesus i remember when halo babies were shunned

cry more faggot, Halo, Doom, STALKER, and a few others are allowed in Jow Forums

Spartans are superior in every way other than cost and training time.

Of course, everything after early class spartan IIIs isn’t canon.

Attached: 4D92B1E2-F357-4224-83C5-3A139DB7D621.jpg (468x240, 53K)

Enough people like it to warrant a thread. If you don't like it, don't participate in the thread.

Thread etiquette.
Super simple stuff.

This. They have different roles. It's like comparing a rifle to a battleship cannon. Both are useful, but in rather different ways.

based

>objective is to retake city
>drop in companies of ODSTs to sweep the streets and clear each building
>send in a handful of Spartans for strategic objectives like destroying ammo dumps, demolition or safeguarding of bridges, and killing covenant generals.

Attached: halo-3-odst-hero[1].jpg (1280x718, 246K)

Every time I think about how incredibly poorlu the Spartan IIs were used it annoys me. Each one is a one man army and should have been used to go after MVPs rather than things ODSTs should have been able to handle

>That one fighting the fall of reach were 4 ODSTs assault John without his suit and he almost accidentally kills 2 of the poor fucks. Spartans are essentially navy seals compared to 14 year old JROTC and comparing the two isn't fair at all. Plus a single Spartan II costed like 2 billion in a time were a dollar was damn near equivalent to what it is today so yeah they were kinda expensive

IVs & even IIIs will never have the sheer candidate pool the IIs have. They were scouted from kids who were absolute geniuses as kids. If they never became Spartans, various IIs could have became leading scientists, engineers, businessmen, politicians or otherwise all while being olympic athletes. It's taking the eugenicist's wet dream & THEN turning it into a supersoldier. That's an advantage the IIs have that future Spartan programs can never defeat.

Attached: ADRuTFSPRvReV2WxwnVFG.jpg (800x482, 170K)

Spartan IIs canonically have slight Geas powers and borderline reality warping power from our perspective. It's alluded to extremely early and doubles down during the forerunner saga

What? First time hearing of this.

Neck yourself you rat Halo will always be Jow Forums

>fleet gets assraped in orbit
>ground forces vulnerable af
>whole city gets glassed and everyone dies

Not just one, but two motivated marines and their weapons taking on the entirety of hell. 2016 doomguy should look those dudes up

It’s kind of hard for fictional weapons to realistically work if no one has built them

It's always been Jow Forums you faggot

Attached: Lucky_13-marines-03.png (1920x960, 1.59M)

sauce?

Love, death & Robots episode 13 on Netflix.

Fucking THIS. Spartans are Stus, and droppods are awesome

Attached: D958ABF0-A8AC-4563-B175-1A23BDE88265.jpg (1777x999, 330K)

He's probably talking shit. Unless he's talking about a different Forerunner saga, there was no (or nearly no, it was a while back) mention of Spartans.

'Alluded to extremely early' refers to when Halsey was recruiting 117 personally, when she flipped a coin and he got it right every time. I don't think it came up for any other II, though, just John.

What a waste of dubs

More specifically, Luck 13.

Attached: Lucky_13-space_tavor-01.png (1920x960, 1.13M)

343 really butchered Bungie's ODST aesthetic.

Attached: odst-square-542x542-b807eb438a9847559652f31803cce9f9.jpg (542x542, 34K)

halo 5 sucks dick and is /v/ old halo books and lore could be considered Jow Forums in some contexts, but powerangers and space jesus is pants on head.

Attached: mcf_master_chief___simple_edits_final_by_lalam24-d5mqnaf.jpg (800x587, 345K)

shut- the fuck up 343-fag

The coin flipping bit was from the Eric Nylund books. Same with Kurt's "funny feelings". The low tier Geas have been a part of halo since halo was established. New age just took the absurdity to 11

luck has been a part of the story, bear and 343 turned it into space jesus, destiny bullshit about how everything they've done was planned for the Chief. nylund's books gave shitty explanations no doubt as to the origins of these phenomena, but the mystery and feeling that the answer is very familiar is the coolest part about halo

Attached: Mjolnir_Mark_V.jpg (414x879, 57K)

I agree but it's less space Jesus and more of "lol Spartans will be nu humans and Chief will be the Kang" which is fucking retarded. Good thing that is getting scrapped from what it looks like

AHEM

Attached: hi_e319_bspk_goforth_wtrmk-62001cb6b9724bc59c6f5a8c32d38b0d.jpg (1100x619, 334K)

Halo Lorefag checking in. Up to date on all the most recent books and looking forward to Outpost Discovery this summer.

Ask me anything :^)

I personally liked the idea of some of the higher tier Spartans having low powered Geas and super natural abilities. Made the mystery behind the legendary Spartans that much more mythic.

Every employee left at 343 can die in a fire. Can't find the picture of the cluster fuck behind the scenes but they literally tried to sabotage the new games

>chief get the shit beaten out of him by 4th gen spartan
sure bud

Attached: 1470772834013.png (990x2200, 2.96M)

odst are better
cos
>they are cheaper
>there is no moral black hole with kidnapping them and all that shit
>if a odst dies that's it no moral los that the spartan have (when a spartan dies they are MIA cos of the morale issue)
>probably easy to train and create a ODST rather then raising cloneing and the other stuff you have to do with a SPARTAN also there's a chance the spartan might not be able to fight or be useful cos the SPARTAN program doesn't always work. Imagine raising and training a SPARTAN for 20 years or so all those operations the training and feeding them not to mention the power armor they have. It would be a lot cheaper to just get some guys train them for 2 years and send them on there way to get shit done
>also it's a lot better idea to make power armor for odst

Attached: 1558323003349m.jpg (812x1024, 105K)

343 has been desperately trying to replace chief for 2 games and got BTFOd by it. They can't let a a
White dude who is either straight or asexual be so damn cool. Good thing 4/5 are getting softly reconned

Attached: 1445039831632.jpg (2678x1498, 1.07M)

Thanks for reminding me of another reason I hate the new lore. Originally only Spartans who underwent the crazy medical bullshit could be in the suit or it would crush them. Now any dipshit can be in power ranger armor

>implying they would just never try to advance the technology
Look you can hate the lore and gameplay all you want but denying that technology would advance is fucking retarded

Why would you trust a billion dollar armor to a single guy who isn't a Spartan? Seems outlandishly to me by cost alone

Ill retweet that. they look worse

This is such a retarded question that it boggles my mind
It's like saying why would you trust any modern piece of equipment to anyone who hasnt been in the military since Vietnam. Do you know how technology works? You dont have to be one of the few military instructors from pre 65 to use an m16, you dont need to have flown a b52 to fly a b2. Hating the jesus lore is fine but shit like "DUUURRR WHY AREN'T THEY STILL WASTING BILLIONS ON A PROGRAM THAT KILLED OR MAIMED 3/4 OF ITS PARTICIPANTS AND IS COMPLETELY IRREPLACEABLE" is bullshit.

Canonically - The augmentation process has become safer and more widely available to humans that don’t meet the perfect genetic profile needed during the time of the Spartan II’s

Armor production and R&D was also somewhat declassified and fully commercialized, so it’s much cheaper in 2553-onward than it was at the time of MJOLNIR Mk IV (2530s) to MJOLNIR Mk VI (2552-3)

i thought you still had to go through operations to be in the spartan armor also wasn't there some other kind of battle suit made for normal people

Yes and yes
You had to have proven yourself before or shown you have a particular talent to get into the s4 program.

Yes and yes.

Even new MJOLNIR armor requires one to go through the augmentation process.

But as of 2557 (maybe a couple years before) there is now baby-tier power armor available for “normal” humans

Reminder ODST secured and held the Truth and Reconciliation even after Chief fucked off with Keyes.
Imagine boarding, taking command of, and using an enemy flagship as a base after being your own light vessel had been shot down from orbit while you are working with minimal supplies.
ODST are better than the Spartan program in every conceivable way.

Pillar of Autumn was going for a decapitation strike with a bunch of Spartans, but Reach was hit before they had all of the prep done. Space combat on the way out killed tge cryo'd spartans aboard and scuttled all of their equipment

>ODST are better than spartans in every single way
I mean not really but they are cool

Both of which have roots in the "original" lore. Halo isn't warhammer, technology advances and has advanced in the universe.

Wrong. The Spartans aboard all deployed to Reach. Chief and Linda were the only two who remained aboard for the “blind” jump to Halo (Linda was critically wounded and in a coma)

And the mission was to kidnap a High Prophet as ransom to end the war. Not a decapitation strike.

Wasn't it like a 20 years gap between harvest and the first halo? That a shit ton of time to be playing defense

I’m not the guy you’re arguing with. I agree.

And that’s one of the few glaring flaws of the OG lore. It took the UNSC literal decades to gather enough intel on the Covenant to formulate a plan to not win, but merely survive the war by suing for peace.

Why does everything after 3 suck enormous amounts of cock?

Considering the defenses on the outerworlds were basically high risk evac missions they really really shat the bed thinking the war was so far away

This is a cringe opinion

See the picture in 343 hired a bunch of shits who wanted to fundamentally change halo and it backfired

>lorefag
if you didnt check out after bungie left you arent a lorefag, you are a brandfag obsessed with the same characters and names from when you were a kid.

Attached: 1513487854267.jpg (500x469, 27K)

It's the correct opinion. ODST was a fucking ripoff, and didn't even have multiplayer, Reach was passable, and 4/5 are trash.

>Reach was passable
Reach was worse than the others. Between the shitty self-insert story which tramples all over Fall of Reach, the boring characters, I thought it sucked when it first came out and I still think it sucks now.

I think infinite is rebooting the IV’s

I’m the guy you’re replying to:

Reason 1: Transfer of the franchise to 343i

Reason 2: (a symptom of Reason 1) the franchise made a massive, deliberate effort to turn itself into an RPG-Tier SciFi epic

SPESS MAHRENS
youtube.com/watch?v=mfGPMJ8A0QY

How does trample Fall of Reach? It doesn’t follow chief

Reach for better or worse was the first major departure from the lore of the books.

Everything in Reach after Kat’s death: Noble Team returning to Sword Base to secure Cortana and Halsey was a retcon of The Fall of Reach and First Strike.

It’s not completely butchering the lore like 4/5 did. And all but one died so it’s not that bad

I don’t disagree. I’m actually a big fan of Reach.

I just wish the devs would have played more within the lines of the established lore post H3, both Bungie and 343i

If you think companies of infantry, speshul sandwich or not, can clear a city you is wrong. Maybe if they were issued with low yield tac nukes shot from spankers and they had a free fire zones then yea. This idea makes me very hard.

Attached: ODSTs.jpg (1499x843, 407K)

cringe
cringe
cringe
cringe

>It’s not completely butchering the lore like 4/5 did.
It shits all over a book that's far superior and that's already enough.

Hai guiz, Sierra III here with an ODST helmet, can I come join?

Attached: HALO ODST mjolinir female_spartan_iii_by_lordhayabusa357-d53q535.jpg (800x1422, 114K)

Based

>Post-Reach Halo
>Jow Forums
pick one, faggot

I see what you did there

Only a part of the book. Not all of it. This isn’t Star Wars EU level of destruction

>Only a part of the book. Not all of it.
It shat over enough of it.
>This isn’t Star Wars EU level of destruction
EU is safe where it belongs. Being set aside keeps it safe from the Mouse.

>>>>>>>>EU is safe where it belongs. Being set aside keeps it safe from the Mouse.
So completely shat upon for being non canon and disney wars destroying the franchise. You’re completely overreacting to halo’s minor changes in reach

>minor
Not that guy but the entire middle-end part with cortana stuff could never have happened in reach. They definitely chose an inferior story in reach over the book.

>So completely shat upon for being non canon
It was declared Legends and the Mouse regularly stole ideas from there. It is as close to trying to isolate it but constantly making poor man's copies. It's as close to acknowledging the EU is too good for them as it's going to get even though their intent is to overwrite the old so they can put "their" version.
>disney wars destroying the franchise
They would have destroyed it anyway. Anything so politically focused over quality would suck.
>You’re completely overreacting to halo’s minor changes in reach
These changes have exactly the same reasoning as overwriting the EU. "Their" version. The Book isn't good enough, it's not "their" story. They can't leave it be. They have to copy over parts with their own lower quality writing. It's the same "I have to inject my stuff into it even if it tramples on the old" mentality.

Well if it’s their story let them change. I agree that Cortana stuff was unforgivable but it was one of my favorite Halo’s despite the changes to story and gameplay. It was fun so have some fun instead of being cynical about it

Attached: 28713967-2EB8-4498-BF6B-894E20DAC904.gif (500x288, 3.77M)

spartans:
>pr stunt
ODSTs:
>did all the hard work and look cool

"Nuclear Launch Detected."

Attached: Ghost_SCR_HeadAnim.gif (180x193, 1.84M)

gaylo hasn't been relevant in years

Attached: c&c generals.jpg (810x608, 119K)

Cringe

As of 2 days ago it is

SPARTAN program was a huge wasted budget that would be more usefull in naval research ( Where the UNSC had a SERIOUS lack, just look their retarded frigates..)

Even to against the upcoming insurgency (their primary goal before the war), thousands of ODST elite divisions that would serve as rapid response unit quicky sended on rebellous colonies would be more revelant than hundreds of space mutants.