AR General /arg/ AR General /arg/

AR thread
/arg/
Bullyzone
All trips are faggots
Cancer containment

Boomer Big Think edition

Attached: 51DfeY4hbDL._SX425_.jpg (425x319, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fulton-armory.com/fariflecal556mmupruniversalprecisionrifle-3-2-2-7-2-2.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for PSA

Old Thread

Punisher symbol isn't even boomer. Tons of line units used that shit in Iraq and Afghanistan, not even pogues.

Length

Attached: long.jpg (900x1348, 231K)

Attached: IMG_20190602_174338042.jpg (3072x4096, 2.57M)

LMT is just as good as LWRC and KAC

big can tiny gun me like

Any problems with mounting fixed rear sight on handguard in front of optics? No space on receiver due to get and exps3. Not a fan of folding sights

*G33 and exps3

First for the MRO is the worst optic you can buy on the market besides airsoft red dots

Rugged micro 30?

What should I do with these

Attached: shitty sights.jpg (1348x900, 305K)

It is

Attached: fits the whole thing.jpg (1504x1004, 527K)

sell on the equipment exchange

Nice. What are your thoughts on their Radiant762?

Don't know, I've never seen one.
Sounds much better, I like the idea of having a whole another stack of titanium than this thing with one extra baffle.

Attached: adapt.jpg (1120x748, 156K)

What does /arg/ think of Fulton retro rifles?
fulton-armory.com/fariflecal556mmupruniversalprecisionrifle-3-2-2-7-2-2.aspx

The rest of my rifle is in the mail and arriving today. I plan to oil the BCG but what else would I need to lube up before I take it out for the first time?

Also is any kind of foregrip necessary for range trips?

No and no. You'll be fine.

Only Fulton stuff I have is an A1 stock I bought for a longboi build. It was much better quality than the A2 stocks I saw in Basic, at least. If the rest of their stuff is as good as that stock, you should be fine

12.5 barrel?

I have a c7 reciever, and I'm happy with it

Hey /arg/ honest question, not pretending to be retarded: I have the opportunity to trade my 14.5 BCM with geiselle trigger and inforce wml, vortex optic and mcmr for an unfired scar 16 with some random 1-4x optic. Would you make that trade? I keep finding extremely mixed opinions and I'm not sure what I want to do.
>pic semi related I pulled off google

Attached: FDE-Pelican-FDE-Scar-16s.jpg (790x492, 95K)

Make trade. Sell scar. Buy two BCM.
>????
Profit.

What vortex optic?

Oh I forgot to mention the trade includes a CZ P07 I never shoot, to make up the difference in price.

A Huey, I'll actually probably keep that since I like it a lot and have beat it up on other rifles

Depends on optic you have, its only a straight across trade if its a razor and theirs is a shitty optic, and how nice if bendy bill trigger.

Buy new BCM and Glock.

Vortex UH-1 and it's the SD-E flat bendy

>what else would I need to lube up before I take it out?
Sullivan recommended Silicone lube for the inside of the receiver extension for the buffer. This makes the spring action quieter. Silicone spray lube is cheap and does not attract dirt.

Why?

Is there any difference in width between a BCM mlok vfg and a magpul vfg? It looks like the BCM might be thinner.

no the magpul one is tiny and thin af
idk what the fuck they were thinking with it

Attached: DSC_26951.jpg (2160x1440, 1.63M)

Damn I want a bendy bill mk18

I hereby dub this rifle Pinky until you get better lighting

Had a build I was getting ready to buy last night that I really liked until some pointed out that BCM lowers had issues seating gen 3 pmags. Was a total boner kill, because I really liked the build.

Does anyone think it's not THAT big of a deal, or doesn't effect THAT many BCM lowers? I was looking for something with the following:
>not a poverty-tier brand
>no mismatched receivers
>mid-length gas system
>16" barrel with decent steel
>front sight base
>railed forend to mount light

That's it really. I was considering a poverty pony, LMT or something else.

Why are you so fixated on BCM lower. They're overpriced and unremarkable and it's not uncommon to hear complaints relating to the magwell. Build out an Aero mil spec lower or a MARS-L and be done with it. BCM is known for the build quality of their uppers, not their lowers.

cut back on butterdog intake and you can probably save enough to buy one

Attached: 4155205be0acc5068949fb67555fe198.jpg (1000x920, 85K)

Do not post anime in the forum

Attached: Screenshot_20190610-190858_Chrome.jpg (1069x1271, 242K)

LMT sucks, get the poverty pony

kys

This is an imageboard not a forum

Attached: animu.gif (359x270, 398K)

Where do you think you are, guy?

Attached: c56.png (661x1094, 958K)

like who the fuck do you think you are lmao

Attached: f51f1396773fec7ddc61b3522409969e.jpg (1000x1333, 243K)

How dare you

Attached: lY06vuY.jpg (824x970, 118K)

Weeb trash like you are pathetic and degenerate. Literally grow up manchild.

why

Attached: 1560196264539.jpg (726x1200, 184K)

HOW RUDE

Attached: ahsz8aajsf211.jpg (1920x1080, 733K)

You are the embodiment of the fun police, if anything you're pathetic for getting riled up over him being pathetic

i bet he doesn't even own anything of value

Attached: DSC_27401.jpg (2160x1440, 1.19M)

$10 and a hj for that light

Every time I read about foregrips on AR pistols, I get more confused. I'm 18-21 but I'd love a 14 inch with a vertical foregrip, is there a pre-made AOW version I can buy for under 1000? It's a 2 inch barrel difference so in the end I'd be fine either way, I would just love to get a concise run-down on how an AR pistol can become a rifle with a foregrip

Just pin and weld muzzle device to make it 16 inches

Don’t go to a fudd range, don’t post pics on the internet or talk about it and do whatever the fuck you want.

that's a brilliant idea, thank you

individualism is the move, perhaps I shall retreat from asking iffy questions in the ole ATF water cooler room, I keep forgetting to lurk only

Attached: 3de8e1f1dd21d235db40b2592a2a445caf11c85f7ab51ded01dc7bdd7edfd267.jpg (249x250, 4K)

It can't. It becomes an AOW (requires Stampy) if your OAL is under 26". If it's over 26" with a brace and a verty boi, then it's a firearm.

this sounds a little too close to the truth, all of this pedantic legislative circling makes me want to just call the ATF and ask, but I think I know better than to swan dive into the lion's den. 16 inch it is, I think I can wait two years

Attached: 1539898281030.jpg (300x300, 22K)

Just do a 14.5 with MD pinned to 16 inches

Attached: IMG_4636_rz-548716.jpg (816x612, 114K)

As always my vote is that you do whatever the hell you want. Just shut the hell up about it.

Don't call. If you call and ask any questions they automatically come arrest you. It's their new policy. They put out a letter saying quit fucking asking us, if you have to ask your shit must be illegal therefore guilty, fuck you and your dog.

>pinned
no

I fucking love this place

How often are you fucking changing MD's? The pin and weld is not permanent.

Attached: FB_IMG_1560120463922.jpg (800x913, 61K)

Kek

Attached: 75C5D6E9-D2B9-4AC9-BBAD-27E933324846.jpg (700x960, 35K)

Ash. I've been here longer than you.
I've build several rifles in the time it took you to build one.
There are screenshots of you not knowing the gas key on the bolt carrier was backwards.
There are screenshots of you saying stupid shit in general and pretending to be an authority on anything AR related.
Do not question me or any other user in this thread.

Attached: 372.png (420x294, 257K)

Ash was a Navy SEAL, team 2, BUDs class 301, what have you done?

You lousy sack of shit, you're talking to THE
Space Force Brigadier General Jose Rico in charge of the USS Trump. I've killed more life forms than you will ever encounter, you little shit. I've slayed more pussy than you will ever smell, including your mothers. I've got your number bud, and if you don't unfuck yourself pronto, I will unfuck you for you.

Attached: troopers.jpg (750x422, 42K)

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

The only good bug, is a dead Jew.

Yhm resonator yes or no?

Attached: Laughs in full auto.jpg (660x380, 26K)

Still cringe AF

Yes. My uncle has one and I'm buying one next week after I turn 21. It had the least amount of blowback compared to other cans and is JustAsGood™ in terms of decible, and had a pleasant tone.

How long does it take LMT to ship out stuff? Pic related.

>throw on beater rifle
>give to a friend for their first build
>trade at gun show
>use on a meme build

Attached: order.jpg (307x132, 5K)

I got mine within a week.

So youre gonna magnify your entire iron sight picture?

do I want an adjustable gas block on a shtf rifle? these are some of the parts I’m considering

aero precision m4e1 receiver
b5 sopmod
aero enhanced gen 2 handguard 15”
geissele charging handle
criterion hybrid 16”
toolcraft bcg
superlative arms gas block
hiperfire eclipse
radian safety selector

No. Just dont buy a barrel with a massive gasport

Depends. It adds more complexity to the system, which does mean more potential for failure. That said, your parts are all from highly reputable companies. Will you be suppressing? If not, I say skip the adj gas.

yeah, I really want to suppress it but I have read some horror stories about reliability. does /arg/ have a preferred suppressor? I read good things about cgs group and they have one coming soon I believe
for a midlength gas system and 16” barrel, what would you define “massive” as?

Sandman S. Good suppression, best mount, full auto rated multi-cal (meaning it will stand up to any semi-auto 5.56 use) and not exorbitantly expensive.

>punisher
CRINGE

why not 24 ?

Attached: 20190403_183630.jpg (1919x633, 489K)

No dude punisher is cool

Attached: 1556309582914.jpg (426x612, 34K)

sweet. I guess Nods or another can are next.

Weebs leave REEEE

Attached: 68fd4g6d8f4gd6f8g4dg.jpg (1506x1516, 968K)

Weebs are fine, as long as they own AR.

Jesus christ throw the whole thing away

It's pretty obviously a match rifle. I get bored with 5.56 match, but I bet that gun extends it out to the furthest end of stability. Would be great for pest control too if you can set up and pop field pests.

Attached: 54af65a4sd65a4sd65as4d.jpg (2420x1064, 1.04M)

Is it fathomable to use a 308 instead of a 5.56 as a "combat rifle." By this I mean not in the way a FAL or G3 fills the role of a battle rifle but say with an IR and light setup

In that case I'd go 20" bull barrel as I already have. Worked great to hit groundhogs at 300yds or more.

Of course it's fathomable. Guys have been doing it with the SCAR for a long time. If you can stand the thicc and lower capacity, why not.

Attached: 65sd4fgv68sd4f6s854fs68df4ws.jpg (2420x1184, 932K)

Nothing says CQB quite like 13.7" of real fuckin NATO.

where's the patch i sent you faggot

Attached: 6953745.jpg (1200x674, 119K)

In a bag with all the other patches fgt.

Attached: 6s5d1f6sd54fs6d5f4s6df84sdf684.jpg (1900x1382, 630K)

Moment of inertia.

Damn dude thanks a ton. That looks great.

Nice looking 14.5"
The Holosun Magnifier looks pretty low profile. How is the mount? How is the eye box?

You have a G33? How is the clarity between the two?

So is being obsessed with some random dude on the internet.

Attached: DSC03878.jpg (3456x2117, 3.09M)

you know you not only agreed to receive one but you actually paid for shipping
you paid to have your mailman hand it to you and look you in the eye

but it on your gear fgt

Attached: 1557942234198.png (535x460, 349K)

Fuck off retard

yes I'll throw my match rifle away that does great groups because you don't like it

What is a good scope for an ar15 when the longest distance I can go is 500 yards at the local outdoor range? I've been told an LPVO is the way to go. I would prefer sub $300 to start. Any ideas?