Thoughts on pic related?

Thoughts on pic related?

Attached: IL-2.jpg (2898x1920, 932K)

Yeah

Totally overpowered, armoured. Even with burst of 20mm from BF109 using stealth belt. Good thing it wasn't very manuvearable comparing to German or Japanese attackers.

Attached: il_2m_x_ju_87_d3_2560x1140_logo_com_50aed4d86c0a144ceabd291040cf81dd.jpg (2560x1440, 376K)

Yeah?

Yeah!

Easily best CAS aircraft of WW2

The best cas aircraft definitely isn't a slow turd that can't dogfight after it dropped its payload.
>P-47 master race

Good game.

Attached: IL-2_Sturmovik_-_Forgotten_Battles_Coverart.png (220x312, 146K)

who needs to dogfight when you can just absorb all the enemies fire until they run out of ammo and continue flying home

Attached: sturmovik.jpg (1039x978, 132K)

I like it.

There was so much attrition for the gunner position that they would put deserters and others sentenced to anything short of a firing squad, because volunteers were very rare.
German pilots took the habit of spraying Il-2s from a safe distance while on their tails until the turret cannon dropped, which meant that the gunner was dead, and so they could safely get closer and get the kill.
Then some Soviet engineer had the idea to put a spring between the cannon and the fuselage, so that even when the turret wasn't manned or the gunner was dead, the guns would face upwards.
I think he got a Lenin prize medal for that.

I agree. Of course it's nice to be highly resistant to light AA, but you'd need total air supremacy first. I'd consider Fw 190 Fs the best for it, cause they had the belly armor and bomb sights.
>the guns would face upwards
How did that help?

The gunner position on the early model Il-2s was practically a field mod, basically just a hole cut out of the fuselage.

Attached: download.jpg (700x350, 53K)

>How did that help?
pretty obvious if you don't have a room temperature IQ

So that it would still appear as though the turret was manned, nigger.

>face upwards
Sorry. I thought he meant directly upwards to the sky like a schräge musik.

It's okay.

But would it be any different to a stuka or dauntless gunner? Taking into consideration the plane itself

RUSSIAN BIAS

It's fucken garbage in wt, what are you on about

S T A L I N I U M
I N D E S T R U C T I B L E