New to guns

How do I get into guns? Knives, swords, and stuff like that are all cool because none of them can "go off" and kill me by accident. I went to a gun range a long time ago once with my dad's friend (haven't seen him since I was a kid). He let me shoot a few, but it was mostly just loud and I was jumping every time it went off to tell the truth... I know, I know, I'm a fucking faggot. If you fuck up with a knife, you'll get cut and it'll heal in a week or two. If you accidentally touch the trigger on a loaded gun, someone might die. It's a whole nother level of danger. I'm not saying I could never have guns, but it sucks to be the only one to have something so dangerous in my family. Nobody has my back to help me stay safe and that's what I'm most afraid of. I know that you can't beat a gun for self defense or protecting your home, so I want one. It's just that I have no idea where to start or who to talk to about guns.
Greetings from Jow Forums btw.

Attached: 1560360038758.jpg (480x480, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dGYf9AZlSyU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Check the sticky, ask the QTDDTOT, but most importantly lurk before posting.

>New to guns
Lurk moar

4 rules of gun safety.
Read them and learn to follow them religiously, one of the great things about them is that if you are a retard and fuck up one of the rules the other three should cover your ass.

Great advice, NOT.
Yeah, you can get the fuck out of my thread if you are going to type dumb shit like these two faggots.

Attached: source.gif (426x320, 484K)

If you're a paranoid faggot understand completely how a gun works, and understand what mechanically makes a gun go bang, because on the surface it's

>Pull trigger
>Bang

When in reality

>Unlock trigger/take out of case
>Load mag/rounds
>Charge hammer
>Rack a round into chamber
>Take off safety
>Pull trigger
>Bang

Then you have to understand what conditions need to be met for the gun to go off, for me whenever I travel to the range, I take the bolt out of my gun, simply because it's easy and makes it 1000000% safe, and is "Disassembled" for legal reasons in Crook County. All I have to do is rack bolt back, pull trigger and hold, pull bolt backwards and its out

It is only appropriate to spoonfeed toddlers and the disabled.

youtu.be/dGYf9AZlSyU

Attached: 1455221947099.png (520x456, 577K)

Guns don't "go off" by themselves. And if you try to use a sharp sword chances of you cutting your own hand off are high

Unironically go to a range. Call ahead and ask if they have rental guns for use, do your research on whether you'd like a handgun or rifle, and then come back for recommendations. Are you going to strictly keep it at home? Then try shooting an AR-15, or a Mini-14. Want to carry it on your person? Try a Glock 9mm that fits your hand until you have the perfect grip for you, or something like a .38 special if you enjoy the feel of a revolver. It sounds like you're somewhat nervous and afraid, so go to a range and ask any questions, then come to Jow Forums once you've narrowed it down.

Just go take a safety class at a local range m8. Guns are unironically safer than other everyday objects like kitchen knives or cars when used correctly. Once you learn that, it sort of breaks all of the propaganda and programming you're spewing right now, and you wake the fuck up.

Also dont be intimidated. Again, once you understand what's going in the machine you're using, like building your first rig, it takes a lot of the anxiety out of the equation.

t. California born and raised

Just turn on the safety bro

If you're seriously scared, get a single shot 12 or 20 guage if you want to learn and then do some hunting. Otherwise, any single shot gun really. 22s are easy to learn on, and are one of the best survival firearms. You could also get a pistol in 22, but pistol laws very by state

You have to be a literal fucking idiot to have a gun accident. I mean, sure, there's mechanical failures sometimes, but they're very fucking rare. I've been shooting for years and never had an AD/ND. don't fucking pull the trigger unless you want the gun to go bang. Keep it pointed in a safe direction when you chamber it. Don't be a fucking retard. That might be hard for you though

good post

also a good post

start by choosing some axioms for yourself. here are some example axioms.
>axiom 1: there is always a better choice than a glock
>axiom 2: for any autoloader setup, there is always a revolver that is better
>axiom 3: above 4 rounds capacity doesnt matter, ever.

then watch troll gun youtube channels like TheYankeeMarshall and 40 minute long Paul Harrell rants. do this until you believe you have deep domain knowledge over some particular aspect of guns.

obsess over a weird autistic subset and ignore all other types. for example "44 mag snub nose revolvers for concealed carry". then shitpost here advocating for them above all more standard choices. figure out what opinions are most universally panned and then adopt them as axioms.

then youre into guns, welcome to Jow Forums

Attached: 31932-DEFAULT-l.jpg (2365x1600, 262K)

it's no hard to kill with a knife than it is with a gun, you're an idiot. Gun wounds don't heal any slower then knife wounds.

Thats not what he's saying you retard. He's saying that accidents or negligence with a gun are a lot more dangerous than accidents or negligence with a knife. That is true.

I understand and practice the use of guns regularly, so I don't feel threatened by them. I am seriously considering getting a mill/press and and more concerned with the danger of a good end-mill than I have ever been with any gun.

I can admit that my fear of it exploding into high velocity metal shard is entirely from my own lack of knowledge of miss end end mills though.

not really. Gun accidents may be easier to happen, but i'd argue knife/sword accidents are probably much more fatal.

that's not true though.

>charge hammer
>i take the bolt out of my gun
dude fucking stop, YOU are not someone that should be teaching anyone about guns

ask any surgeon whether they would rather work on a person shot maliciously with a handing, or hit with a sword in anger.

ask them if they would rather treat a patient that accidentally shot themselves in the hand or accidentally cut a finger off in the kitchen.

The will almost universally say the gun wound is easier to treat surgically.

>gun accident - shot through my hand and exploded the neighbors cat
Actually had an old guy kill himself accidentally while cleaning a handgun recently in my town.
>sword accident - oops cut myself
Unless somebody's stupid enough to accidentally sepuku while sheathing a katana or something, guns are way more dangerous when an accident happens.
T.practiced HEMA/bohurt and firearm owner.

Feel free to fuck right off of Jow Forums teenaged newfag, we aren't the advice desk.

guys serious question, are there any pitbull-type horror statistics for gun ownership?

im a total klutz and am scared i will cause something horrible to happen. part of the reason i want a double-action-only revolver is because their triggers are so heavy

weird, because most professional surgeons I know say that knife wounds are much harder to treat than gunshots wounds.

Just actually go to a range. what you are feeling is just a short term psychological disorder caused by media conditioning. Guns are safer than most mechanical devices you deal with on a day to day basis.

Unless you are suicidal, you have nothing to worry about.

Knife wounds, as in deep stabs, not surface cuts.

Be American/Swiss. Watch video on gun care. Buy simple bolt action with cleaning kit and carry case. Clean gun every month.

Just don't stare down the barrel, or do, you sound like you could use a pressure relief valve in your skull.

yeah, and if I accidentally drop a gun on your toe you will only get a bruise, what is your point?

Haha raging faggot, I couldn’t ever imagine actually being afraid of guns. How’s it feel to be a bitch?

>and if I accidentally drop a gun on your toe you will only get a bruise
Unless it's a sig.

Sig is literally the butterfly knife of guns

>Sig p320
>Urban carry Gen 1 holster
A weapon to surpass metal gear

Just tie a string around the trigger guard and sling it around your head like a bolo. 360 degrees of protection.

Though that sounds good, the Urban Carry Gen 1 will allow me take my enemy by complete surprise. The reason being, is when the Gen 1 holster came out, it didn't have any thing really keeping the gun in place, so when you drew the holster out to fast, it had the tendency of launching the gun like 10 feet forward.

OP, go to a gun shop and ask about gun safety and shooting courses. They're going to know who's who in the industry. They'll have rental/loaner guns available for almost all levels, and many times in the lower levels the gun is included in the cost of the course.
A professional instructor is always the best way to learn something, whether it's how to shoot or how to drive. Almost like repetition is the key to mastery or something.

to be fair, launching a gun 10 feet in the air is a totally safe thing to do, as long as you don't mind losing control of it.

the only exceptions were Sig P320s from 3 years ago, handguns made before 1950, and poorly bubba'd glocks, all of which OP is unlikely to have access to.

Bubba glocks are the best. OP should toy get pic related.

Attached: image-14-e1465039714289-660x223.jpg (660x223, 23K)

kek

>How do I get into guns?
Your first mistake is to ask a serious question on fucking Jow Forums.

>If you accidentally touch the trigger on a loaded gun, someone might die.
lmao touch a gun.
become familiar with them.
realize that they are machines with predictable functions.
You won't be as scared.

lurk more you dumb nigger

faggot pansies like you shouldn't own a gun

Have you ever handled a knife or a gun? You close a knife on your finger, you wrap it tight and it heals in a couple weeks. You accidentally pull the trigger on a loaded gun while it's pointed at your leg, you go to the hospital.

Unless you literally have no control over your bodily functions, and your body immediately makes any movement you even think about, or you get random spasms that make your trigger finger contract, you don't fucking have anything to worry about.

hey dumbass im thinking about human error a million hours in like leaving one in the chamber, or accidentally cocking the hammer

If you read the rules of firearm safety you're realize you were retarded.

You sound like a queer

Never gonna make it - the post

Attached: 1496273485624.png (864x722, 264K)

>How do I get into guns?
I started by writing a fantasy book about the band of mercenaries. Than I realised it would be cool to write it using my RL experience of shooting.

cringed and saged, back to plebbit faggot

>Guns are unironically safer than other everyday objects like kitchen knives
This. When I bought folding knife, I cut my fingers 5 times trying to figure how he works.

12 gauge isn't really good for learning. Recoil is too powerful.

my first time was with my godpapa in alaska, his handguns were heavy, the caliber wasn't really fit for my age, and his shotgun hit me in the shoulder every second shot.

fast forward to a few years later and I was having a blast firing both barrels at once on my uncles 12ga. shits just scary when you're young. go shooting with family or friends, or rent something if that's not an option

Granted, but there is a difference between “I dropped my knife and it stabbed my leg” wounds and “I was actively attacked with a bladed weapon” wounds

actually, ignore my previous advise. buy a ksg and livestream your inevitable suicide.

Attached: 7ta2ju7v9mb11.jpg (832x610, 43K)

Just make sure you don’t point it at yourself or anyone else and you will for the most part be fine. Look up the 4 rules and follow them religiously when you have a firearm. >99% of firearm related injuries are because somebody purposefully or accidentally violated one of those rules. (The other

OP find a local gun range. See if they offer the NRA safety class. Cost about $100 sign up for it. It will give you hands on experience and help dispell many of the myths you hold. Also the instructor will walk you through it. This should be the very first thing you do. You won't be going into this cold. Also some States require you to take this class to get a gun Licence, check your local gun laws before hand.

You are mentally unstable and retarded. Welcome to Jow Forums now git the fuck out

Attached: 1558209641156.jpg (1387x702, 80K)

Attached: meatballsplash.jpg (800x581, 367K)

Fuck off you faggot queer. You're never going to buy a gun because your too much of a pussy to walk into a gun store in the first place. The closest you're going to get to a gun is blabbering like a faggot on an anonymous cambodian spearhead fishing website where there's one tiny place dedicated to weapons. Git.

Anyone who cleans a firearm loaded unironically should kill themselves.

Attached: 1539870905529.png (793x770, 465K)

Deep stab is worse than small caliber gunshot. If you're practicing HEMA (the only time youd actually be using a sword) a lot of clubs have rules against "thrust" attacks, so there would only be some cuts. Like I said, it's a lot easier and more dangerous to click a trigger and shoot yourself than full speed stab yourself with a sword or something.

This. Apparently he was found with cleaning supplies and a loaded magazine on table removed from the gun. My guess is he took the magazine out and forgot the chamber before pulling trigger to remove slide. Luckily my gun says "WARNING CAPABLE OF FIRING WITHOUT MAGAZINE" right on the side so my hed dusnt get to confuzed