Vector SDP

So for my next gun I was thinking I wanted a vector sdp in .45, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Gen 2 Vector. Specifically this one (pic related):

cheaperthandirt.com/product/kriss-usa-kriss-vector-gen-ii-sdp-sb-enhanced-45-acp-semi-auto-pistol-65-barrel-13-rounds-pistol-stabilizing-brace-matte-black-finish-811607032260.do

If you have experience, what are the pros/cons? Appreciate it in advance.

Attached: 7-gkv45psbbl31_1.jpg (1000x1000, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1j_LLfQIE8c
youtube.com/watch?v=_4pxAS9mQCY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

b&t better

>semi-auto
>vector

Attached: 1553551884335.png (541x718, 763K)

What specifically do you recommend?

Considering there's no legal way for me to acquire one that I know if, yeah semi-auto will have to do.

Well friend, the entire operating principal of the vector is to mitigate the recoil of automatic fire by using a non-linear motion of the bolt carrier. If you want one that's fine, but you would be paying a stupidly large sum of money for something that's not going to perform in any distinct way form say, a normal .45 carbine.

Attached: 1487151857497.jpg (480x480, 22K)

Fair enough. Thing is, I'm looking for a .45 PCC that is small enough to fit in a backpack. I like to have a few types of ammo and share it with numerous guns. I have several pistols in .45, and can share both ammo and mags with a Vector. I like the compact nature of the gun, especially when adding a folding brace. I want to be able to throw the gun in a backpack for longer hiking/camping trips and/or keep in my truck in a small compartment. I like the accuracy that the reviews seem to indicate in .45 also. And it looks cool.

If you have a better-priced comparable alternative, I'm open to suggestions.

unless you own both, you're not qualified to make that statement.

>t. someone who owns both.

Ruger PC Carbine. The takedown version fits in a backpack and has interchangeable mag wells for whatever mags you want to use. Unless you want something immediately useable form a backpack, it'd go for the cheaper option and spend the leftover money on an entire other gun.

my concern isn't so much that you're looking to buy a vector, but you're looking to buy a 45 AARP PCC.
Get the 10mm vector instead. It's a more modern cartridge and you can E-stat harder that way.

Attached: GIT GUD.jpg (2160x1838, 1.19M)

disregard this, I assumed they had a .45 version but some fuckery has prevented them from releasing it yet.

probably because they realize how shit 45ACP is.

how shit .45ACP is has never stopped it from selling in the past.

hopefully it goes the way of 38special.

Well, like I said, I like to share ammo between multiple guns. The fewer calibers I need to stockpile, the better. Since I already have several in .45, and the Vector can share ammo and mags with what I already have, that's a big plus for me. Hence why I'm thinking .45 over like .40 SW or 10 mm.

you know that just means you have to buy more guns for the new caliber you've introduced into your logistics chain, right?
Ain't nuthin' wrong with dat, boi.

Buy the Vector 10mm, then the Glock G40, then the B&T APC10 (assuming it comes out).

Do it soldier! That's an order!.

Attached: NO AIRSOFT BOI.jpg (1512x1952, 1.21M)

If you're worried about stockpiling then I wouldn't stockpile .45. It really is an obsolescent caliber. To each their own, but you're hinging a good amount of money on a caliber that's not going to serve you as well as its alternatives.

My wife is gonna kill me...

Almost every gun owner I know has multiple weapons in .45, I have multiple weapons in .45, and everywhere I go there are shelves of it to buy. There may be modern calibers that slightly outperform it, but me and my buddies together have a lot of guns an ammo in .45. And All my .45 pistols shoot very well and I am comfortable with them. .45 may be an older caliber, but I fall into the "not obsolete" camp, I guess.

>My wife is gonna kill me...
not if you kill your wife first.

Fair enough. I just don't know what else is on the market for a compact .45 carbine.

No worries. I took a peek at the gun. Looks Ok, but (in addition to no .45) I'm not thrilled about the length, and definitely not thrilled about the disassembly aspect to get it to the size I really want. Ideally I'd like it to be ready to fire with a flick of the safety. If you know of other guns, I'm open to suggestions though.

Cz scorpion, or the micro variant with their respective folding/wire braces

I'd be open to other calibers, but if I were to go 10 mm, as an example, the benefits over .45 better be really apparent. I guess I'm a .45 fan, in general, but not wedded to it. It's done well for me for a long time and everyone has the ammo.

>someone who owns both
>he considers an apc9 an apc45
you don't own both

Have you considered a carbine kit for a glock?

Attached: caa_tactical_micro_roni _ 1.jpg (1000x720, 35K)

I thought about the Scorpion. Basically it's come down to the fact that the scorpion micro doesn't really cost much less than a vector. That's kind of what made me take a hard look at the vector. For a little more money, I get a gun in a higher caliber and it's modular with the ability to swap lowers if I ever wanted/needed to. If you know a place where the scorpion micro is under a thousand, I'd like to know, though. I haven't seen it much below like $1200.

I only have experience with the full length carbines, but they do just about everything well. I can't really name any real drawbacks to the vector besides price. Its very easy to clean and take apart, recoil is extremely light, and overall is a very fun gun to shoot. Why the SDP pistol version if I may ask, OP?

Thought about that, too. With a g21, I get to share the mags and ammo with a vector. So I have considered a conversion kit, but I just don't know. Any you recommend?

I don't want to deal with the ATF for an SRB and the CRB variant affixed barrel defeats the purpose I want the gun for. I want a highly-compact PCC in a larger caliber that can come out of a backpack or a compartment and be ready to roll. That's my thinking, anyways.

No practical experience with them I'm afraid. my main concerns would be the NFA requirements. Not sure if that's a concern with the vector setup you have in mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=1j_LLfQIE8c

Am I wrong for wanting a kriss vektor in 5.7?

The variant of vector I'm considering is an SDP with a folding brace, so other than standard background check crap I would not have to deal with the ATF, which is always a plus for me. Paying for a tax stamp is basically something I avoid at all costs. I have seen some of those kits and that is pretty sweet. I'll have to look into what the ATF says about them.

Nothing wrong with that.

Well it certainly can be compact enough for a backpack! The SDP's handguard might need a little more room, but those can be taken off easily if needed,

Attached: folded.jpg (805x400, 55K)

Yeah that is probably the main selling point. and with the SDP folding brace, a simple pin can be removed to eliminate the brace. So, while I would also get probably a quick-release foregrip of some kind, I really like the ability to get that gun folded up and small so I can keep it around without having to lug a case to actually take the gun apart.

That gun sucks in pugm.

I love mine, user.

Attached: 8F8AB9E5-7C1A-491E-8625-34541EB98A32.jpg (1913x1149, 579K)

Binary trigger FUCKING WHEN??

Sexy, but.
>.45 worthless
>ergos are kinda shit
>way to much money

>must be .45
Someone's bluepilled

The only thing keeping .45 afloat is 1911 owners, which people buy 1911s for the forearm. Not the caliber.
Hence why 9mm 1911s are taking more and more of the market.

Are you a trap?

Stale bait

Its unironically pretty up to date info.
.40is the worst of the standard handgun calibers. .45 being second worst.

>bulky
>shooting power of a pistol
why not buy a pistol ?

Based on you opinion?

It's based on fact, not opinion.

I love mine, but it’s in 10 millimemer. Anyone who try’s to dissuade you has never had the chance to fire one with binary on it, it’s my favorite gun hands down and it’s just so fucking out there as a space gat it’s always sure to get some noguns seething.

Attached: 1C56299F-A9D5-4934-9238-1F5E6ACE719A.jpg (2048x1536, 1.29M)

>has never had the chance to fire one with binary on it
Are you talking about that Double Tap guy? Do you mind a few questions?
1) Do you mail your upper to the guy? Or can you install it at home?
2) Can you take a picture of the inside of the trigger if you have a chance? I want to see what he did compared to a factory trigger. I'm hoping bubba isn't charging $400 to file down the sear.
3) Does it come with an ATF approval letter? The guy's website gives the definition of a machine gun, but we're talking about the ATF here. You can't get .50 BMG uppers mailed to your home anymore, you have to mail them to FFL's now because the ATF decided that .50 BMG uppers are firearms. See pic related. When are they going to start claiming other uppers are "firearms?"
4) If you hold the trigger at release, does the hammer still drop?
youtube.com/watch?v=_4pxAS9mQCY
If you have the chance to answer these, thanks. Like I said, I'm a bit reluctant to send bubba $400.

Attached: ATF-50-cal-upper-1.jpg (1144x1500, 491K)

Curious as well as I've heard they're just bubba'd stock triggers.

And we all wait breathlessly for you to post the facts.

I like the way it looks good sir.

1)no he just mails you a bubba’d trigger. It appears to be a stock Kriss kit with work done to it.
2)sure email me at [email protected]
3)no this is bubba we’re talking about.
4)there is no third position or way to fire with just a pull, this is a purely fire on pull and release trigger, not like an echo or the like.

I’ll be honest: I’ve only put about 600 rounds through with the binary, it’s been loads of fun but I think if you’re patient some more solid options will appear on the market. Or at least cheaper bubbas

>I think if you’re patient some more solid options will appear on the market.
Hoping KRISS makes a high quality OEM binary trigger, it's a shame they haven't. They were late to the party with their 10mm extendos too.
>Or at least cheaper bubbas
Yeah, no. At least bubba ships a KRISS upper. I thought he literally had you pay him $400 to file down the connector on your upper that you shipped to him with a dremel. If you have your old upper around, you have a semi-auto option, better than what I originally thought it was.