Can an 18 year old buy an antique pistol?

I found a mas 1873 revolver for sale at a local gunshops. However I am 18 years old. I know that it qualifies as a pre 1899 antique. But I'm not sure if I still have to be 21 to purchase it since it doesn't technically qualify as a handgun. Any advice would be appreciated.
>Pics not mine but of the same model of gun

Attached: Revolver_modèle_1873.jpg (1280x960, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gadcustomcartridges.com/#ordering
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where?
Assuming the US you need to be 18 according to federal law; some state or local laws may differ.

>Assuming the US you need to be 18 according to federal law
Wrong. Antique firearms are exempt from federal gun laws.

Oh my goodness that is a nice revolver. How much is he asking for?

Attached: 48428868_759998184349482_7937305210337099776_n.jpg (570x426, 59K)

>Antique firearms are exempt from federal gun laws.
Wrong. If a FFL has logged it into their books it must go out like a traditional firearm.

Unless state law dictates otherwise

If it’s private sale yes. Why do you want this revolver anyway? You will never find ammo for it. It has collectors value and nothing else

that is a cartige lemat. those are beautiful weapons

>I found a mas 1873 revolver for sale at a local gunshops.

Just call and ask the shop. It's literally their job to know the local gun laws relevant to anyone buying their shit.

You say that but I sent a receiver to an ffl where I was staying out of state and got denied. I called before sending it so that we wouldn't have issues. Fucker jacked me out of 40 bucks

Attached: 1518079717698.jpg (1600x1200, 206K)

I'd trust the shop over Jow Forums

Relic and Curio guns are Non-FFL however, you still have to be 21 to get a relic and curio license. SO, you're most likely screwed. Have someone you know grab it for you and hold it till you're 21 just in case with straw purchase laws. It's a beautiful revolver and if you can get a deal on it grab it.

I've never seen that revolver before and know nothing about it, but damn is it beautiful. Old elegance

Hes asking 675 and he's giving me brass, ammunition, and reloading equipment and load data.

That's when your wrong nigger I reload the ammo for it. Faggot

Unless it's pre 1899 faggot

From the USA specifically northern idaho

No, you just have to be 21 to have an FFL in general. You do not have to be 21 to purchase an antique firearm. Antiques are C&R, but not all C&R are antiques.
The revolver in question is legally not even considered a firearm and therefore should not require the recipient to be 21, nor would it even require a background check because it was manufactured before January 1, 1899.

Thank you for shooting it to me straight man.

Why would an FFL log it into their books? Legally speaking, an antique is NOT a firearm.

>Not jury rigging spergload dead rounds in your basement
>not CCWing a 1850s revolver that you spergloaded because you’re a real life cowboy.

Get on my level

It's a shame the store can't hold it for the next 4 years till your 21 and then hand over the goods.

I do that. I just thought this was a cool gun to snag.

Luckily from what I hear I can buy it so no worries

no

gorgeous gun, lad...best I it went to a man who can appreciate.
what caliber?
I want it.

if they mistakenly logged an antique they just make a notation in the book and take it off.

>real cowboy
Not until you cc a Uberti Navy Revolver with a .38spc conversion cylinder like me

I have one of these revolvers; fun to shoot. The only problem you may have is sourcing heeled slugs for it. It takes a trimmed 44 Russian cartridge. How clean is the example you're looking at?

Attached: 1873mlle.jpg (1703x1061, 1.57M)

I found a source for heeled .451 bullets
gadcustomcartridges.com/#ordering
I was planning on using this for my source of 38 short colt projectiles when I get around to doing a Richards-Mason conversion on an 1851 Navy replica.
I just need a donor revolver that's not brass frame like most of the inexpensive ones I find are.

everyone in this thread is a retard you could buy this gun if you were 15. It’s an antique, not considered a firearm under federal law. Very few states have any laws saying otherwise (New Jersey is the only one I can think of) and seeing as you are in Idaho you’ll be good to go.

The only issue I could see is if the guy isn’t very knowledgable about firearms (it is a pawn shop) and logged it in his FFL book. But as said he could just make a notation for his mistake and sell it to you anyway.

I cannot recommend Gad; his mold seems not to register properly; either that or his work is sloppy.
He made up 100 rounds for me and they weren't particularly well done.

Agreed, no FFL or pistol permit needed.
Obtaining black powder might be a problem without you have a FID.

>Why would an FFL log it into their books?
Stupidity, ignorance, over-abundance of caution, etc.

You're right that it is not a firearm according to the letter of the law, but fact is that some people don't realize that. I've bought many antiques as as well as other "non-firearms" such as flare guns over the years. Most of the time the dealers know they are not firearms and require no FFL or transfer, but sometimes people insist on doing that stuff anyway.

>It's literally their job to know the local gun laws
No, it isn't. They are not lawyers. They are retail salesmen working for 8 bucks an hour.
I'd sooner trust Jow Forums over some Boomer retail salesman. At least Jow Forums has access to the internet, where you can look up the exact text of the law in seconds.