What oil did the t34 engine use?

The manual says avia mk3, what is the sae equivalent?

Attached: T34-008.jpg (700x623, 318K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP81-01044R000100070001-4.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Throw some 40w in and let er rip

Cod liver oil

Just use 5w, if its cold out use 10w. Make sure to put on winter tracks for the winter. I like putting rainx in for windshield wash fluid too.

This is genuinely more of an /o/ question but I doubt the soviets were that picky. For an ancient engine like that maybe just use some oil on the heavy side. Do you actually have a T34 lying around?

No, but im toying with the idea. The problem is the shipping costs much more than the tank and parts availability is a problem

BTR's and BMP's are also available in the market. I'd think their parts availability is better if you wanted to go that route. I don't know if you just want a tank or if it has to be Warsaw pact but you could get your hands on a M113 and probably deal with a lot less bullshit and at least know there is a good pool of parts lying around in the US.

>Engine: Model V-2-34 38.8 L V12 Diesel engine

My lord

There is a very good reason modern tanks use turbine engines.

Rotella t6

Probably a nondetergent 40 weight. Send some of the old shit to Blackstone when you get it and see what they say?

appalling fuel efficiency

Good idea

I want the t34 because its a ww2 tank, the only one that is reasonably affordable if you pinch pennies.

>Turbines
>Fuel efficient

Attached: 1560227192105.png (1575x1555, 766K)

The Abrams is the only tank to use a turbine engine. Realistically the US is the only nation that could manage to field a significant number of turbine powered tanks

Do you not know what the word appalling means? It's the opposite of what you apparently think it means

Drop in a chevy crate engine and keep the original. A 700hp motor is like 4k. Prop houses never do 100% authentic and they lease these tanks more than anyone else.

Attached: 350px-Namamugi_incident.jpg (350x163, 29K)

That would never be able to power a tank, not enough torque

This is the best answer. There may be components that will be damaged by modern oil with detergents. An oil analysis should help you determine this.

>more of an /o/ question
Fuck off with that

oh hi

Attached: 1053811706.jpg (1000x541, 126K)

Dam, I didn't think to check the t80. But as far as I know those are the only 2 tanks that have turbines. The t90 doesn't even use one

t-90 is derived from t-72. also, oh hi (halfway)

Attached: 1200px-Stridsvagn_103_Revinge_2013-1.jpg (1200x812, 189K)

T55s aren't much more right?

>but you could get your hands on a M113

Lol no you can't.

Modern tanks don't use turbines. Tanks from the 1980s do.

>thinking some ~650lbft torks engine is gonna work for a giant piece of soviet shit
the minimum you need is a proper big truck engine and thats likely gonna run you quite a bit more than 4000

Mk-3 should be an aviation oil specification.
Here is a 1951 CIA report containing an analysis of the T-34. Engine oil is on page 373 & 376 of the pdf.

cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP81-01044R000100070001-4.pdf

"The oil is essentially on SAE 50 engine oil with no additives."

Only at certain portions of the operational envelope. At full throttle a turbine is more efficient than a diesel. If it's been sitting for a while or needs to be started up, sure it'll consume more fuel than a diesel would, but that's what an APU is for.

15-50 should work