Opinions/thoughts on the 5.7?

considering saving up for a 5.7, opinions/thoughts on the handgun itself or the round fired?

Attached: download (1).jpg (272x185, 11K)

Neat little handgun. I enjoyed mine before I sold it. Be careful what magazine size you buy because your state could regulate it as "high capacity". Ammo is more expensive since it is a custom round not often found in gun stores, or at least as often as 9mm and other normie rounds

If you have the cash to burn, go for it.
Otherwise, just get something that is cheaper to feed, like 22.lr or 9mm
Remember- you will spend more in ammo than you will in the firearm and magazines

this.

firing custom ammo from FN. It's hard to find and when you do, its expensive

the pistol looks sick but 50c per bullet is really steep

If it was good enough for Sam Fisher, it's good enough for me.

American Eagle is like 30-35 cpr, that's the same ball park as brass 30 carbine.

The custom bullets are a lil over $2 a round. Shoot one and you’ll love it.

Attached: EC719BA5-8245-430B-AE90-67EFF88E1233.jpg (194x259, 8K)

You’ll digg it

Attached: 55F4D26F-18B5-43F3-ACB8-7C47C5F72515.jpg (3024x3024, 2.14M)

If you can somehow acquire armor piercing rounds, then yes. Otherwise, spend your money on something else.

Elite ammunition makes them-not that overpriced for what they are

If they made a version with a red dot mill/cut, then maybe I'd get one.

It's fun, but I'd say the ps90 is more fun.

Attached: IMG_20190615_151739_373.jpg (1280x1280, 195K)

With the lack of metal in the slide I think a arm mount might work better if they were an option

I have a ps90. I feel bad for buying this gun. Didnt know how fucking stupidly expensive the 5.7x28 round was. Thinking about selling my ps 90 now.

The slide is metal with a polymer sleeve.

great gun for pig hunting.
poor caliber for wild hogs though.

The FN 5.7×28mm is a viable round, but just not that popular or easy to find. I wouldn't buy a gun with that chambering unless I stockpiled 1k to 3k rounds and invested in additional bullets and appropriate reloading equipment. I already shoot 9mm, .38/.357, and .45acp handguns, and would rather spend money on mags, ammo, and accessories for what I have rather than invest in an oddball round that might be unavailable in the future.

7/5 would definitely operate with

Attached: sammy 5-7.jpg (640x360, 49K)

Prepper style is no style.

Attached: C6A6DBE1-3B9A-4635-BA78-6EDAE9F02394.jpg (1920x1074, 250K)

Don't they have dies for this cartridge? can't you just reload to bring the cost waaaay down?

No because the round is proprietary FN. Until they release that so it can be SAAMI spec no dies.

I think Elite is out of business now, right? After the whole ATF raid fuckery.

Attached: wat.jpg (408x439, 59K)

Paying ~50 cents for basically 22 mag is dumb 10mm better snowflake round.

except RCBS, lee, and lyman all makes dies.

Yes and no. You can, but it's a reeaaalllyyy tight thing on the handguns. There's a proprietary coating, so resizing and cleaning brass isn't a thing you can do. It's either good to go still, or it isn't. There's no official load data, that I'm aware of. You're in the weeds. What's worse, you're in the weeds on a cartridge that is INSANELY sensitive on powder. A few tenths, and your gun explodes kind of shit. If you're cool with skirting all that, and you're careful, then yes. You can do it. I'm sort of new to reloading, and I have the components. I've yet to actually do it, but I have them.

Call Galen and interesting round but honestly I would probably just buy 9 mm 90 grain + P CorBon. Or something like that if I wanted a faster round from an autoloader

Brass life is shit, due mainly to the fact that all 5.7 actions are straight blowback.

The case thickness is very low, and blockback actions stretch its should about 0.1" when fired. You might get 1 safe reload out of it.

Cool gun and interesting round*

I see this constantly repeated, but it's bullshit. It's "basically 22 mag" in the sense that 5.56 is "basically 22 mag". Or that .40 Cal is basically 10 mm. If you give absolutely no fucks about ballistics, then sure. It's the same size bullet, I guess.

None of which are known to meet FN's 5.7 spec, because they don't publish it.
You can guess when reloading handgun rounds but I value my eyesight more than the few dollars I could save.

Kinda this. I've only seen people run reloads through the ps90. And the main guy who does that (again, note that it's ONE DUDE) has like 6 ps90s. So he's not concerned about one getting fucking kaboomed. And he says right off that his data he doesn't feel is safe in the five seven.

>*teleports behind you*
Nothin personal, kiddo.

Attached: Screenshot_20190422-192356.png (1570x2048, 2.81M)

wow thats fucking ridiculous. I don't bother with a gun I can't reload unless its some obscure rimmed round, and even then I hesitate.

Why does he feel safe with it? Hornady and tons of other makers have load data. What's the big deal?

But user .40 S&W IS basically 10 mm when you look at factory loadings

>does
Doesnt

What, can't use the CIP specs?

Ah yeah tokarev sabot

$300

Attached: 1556326793739.png (1362x926, 317K)

OP, you can get SS198LF rounds or other LEO/Mil only rounds on gunbroker, ammo websites, or any other places online.

>MFW Dindu at housing project I worked at was shot 6 times over kill with a Five seven

>Be me coming in early to work one morning
>Being a case worker sucks the life out of me but due to corrupt ass promotions I make really good money to carry me into a loft
>Be me walking through the basketball courts when I see the local Dindu Hoods posted up smoking weed
>”Oh check it bruh it’s Mr.user, yo Mr. user want a hit of this weed?”
>Yeah sure why not?
>”YEAAAAAHHHH MR user BE THE COOLEST WHITE NIGGA I KNOW”
>Stop to tie my shoe when out of nowhere
>POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW
>SHIT!! Draw from my CCW my little Shield
>Car drives off and see a Dindu teenager I’ve seen hanging around laying on the floor
>Kid was struck 4 times in the chest one in the neck and the last one on his stomach
>God damn straight pile of meet right there, he’s definitely dead

>One round entry exit from his neck, examine it and it’s a five seven round

>MFW ended up buying a five seven after seeing a live fire test on human targets

22tcm and 22tcm9R are objectively better than the 5.7 while being more cost effective and does not fragment on impact with the hollow points

bullshit no hoodrat has a fiveseven

Wrong.

Hoodrats can have very good/expensive guns, or very shitty ones.

Not that user with the story but:

>Working the LGS
>Le 56%er comes in with Shitavious
>Looks at everything
>Leaves
>Days later 56% is back this time without Shitavious
>Coworker sells her FN57
>You know thats a straw purchase right?
>Fuck it, this thing has been sitting here months
>Whatevers
>Months Later BATFE calls, guess what gun they are calling about.

Also

They seem to like 5.7, 7.62x39, 40, 10mm.

Whitey seems to prefer 5.56, 7.62x51, 9mm, 45 ACP.

You examined the round. After a guy got shot with it, leaving an exit wound. Just lying there next to the body I'm assuming. And you knew it was 5.7. After your little fanfic of having a good job and being the cool white guy.

Right.

nice larp, faggot

Hold on, you need to get over to the FN thread so you can suck their dick about how great it is.

Meme gun when you can get a better gun chambered in .22 TCM for 1/3 the price of a 5.7.

Attached: TCM_Series_Inset.jpg (600x600, 55K)

Overpriced .22 magnum