How's your weekend going, Jow Forums? Did you go shooting today?

>buy rifle from dude on Armslist
>head to local gravel pit to zero the scope
>big group of 20 dudes already set up there, throwing their buddy a bachelor party
>ask if they mind if I shoot for a bit
>everyone's really chill
>zero my new gun (10/22) and have fun dumping the 25 rounders
>thank them and leave

Gun guys are probably some of the nicest, genuine people. Saw some sweet guns too, one dude had an M1 Carbine

Attached: Sks8237338.jpg (1080x1920, 632K)

You got lucky, OP. Mile will alwaye vary.

Haven't gone shooting in ages, mostly been trying to diet, work out, and focus on university. Buying another gun this weekend though so that's nice.

waiting on new gun, cant shoot much here due to communism

weather is quite shite today, otherwise I might have gone to shoot some clays with the boys.

True. Everyone I've met at that pit has been cool though. I work 2nd shift so I like to go in the early morning on weekdays to have it to myself.

What gun are you getting anons?

Took off work a few hours early to swing by the hardware store and then meet my range buddy at Lewistown Friday afternoon. He zeroed the scope on his AR10; I spotted for him and shot some steel with my AR15 while he was playing with his adjustments. The guy supposedly has something like 50 guns and not a single one is properly zeroed. After he was done with that, we went over to the shorter range, set up some steel target stands and did drills with our .22 pistols and rifles. Was there from 4:30 to 8:30 and didn't see anybody else. I've been there 6 times, all during the day on weekends, since I joined last month and have seen fewer than that many people total. Glad I switched over from Scotia, even if it's a bit of a drive.

>What gun are you getting anons?
I have a Siamese Mauser on order, going to buy myself another Beretta APX (probably Combat or Centurion) because of the rebate.

>>head to local gravel pit to zero the scope
enjoy it while you can, the libs love to shut these down. my gravel pit was the most fun shooting spot until they shut it down. "garbage and illegal dumping" was the official reason given but the real reason was anti-gunners

This one is on public land in a state forest so I hope it will last. It's not exactly a gravel pit as it is a 30 foot high wall of dirt at a dead end road.
Shutting these places shows how stupid they are. It provides a nice safe place to shoot outside and without it people might go shoot without a backstop.

your spot could be either a borrow or spoils pit/mound. basically either they used the soil nearby to build the road, or they were building the road and cleared away a shit ton of soil and needed a place to put it. if it's old enough, you might see it on a topo map. kinda neat stuff.

>helped my sister in law and brother move
>rolled the fuck out of my ankle

Worked on it for a while to make sure they were ok

Attached: 700.jpg (200x313, 10K)

They don't actually care about safety user
Antis/libs just want people disarmed and the hobby to die

That second one seems likely! It's the last path off of the main forest road so they probably pushed most of their dirt down there during the initial work. Good that it's out of the way so everyone else in the forest can do whatever they're there to do.

Was going to go shooting with my dad for father's day tomorrow but looks like it's going to rain and we're just trying to relax. Probably going to a cigar bar with him instead. We'll go when it's sunnier. June/July in FL is rough on outdoor ranges.

>go shooting today?
Yup

Attached: funs.jpg (1080x810, 105K)

Did you have fun user

>Friday - shoot 300 rds through my Glock19gen4, get whiplash due to dude next to me shooting his 44 mag, it's cool tho
>Saturday- Finally bought the Walther PPQ Q5 cause why the fuck not.
>Later Saturday - go to range Realize I fucking love my new (but used) Walther.
>Range office sees my picking up my brass as he's sweeping others into a pile. "Hey user, you go pick through these others if you want" , "I only pick up my own, but thanks man"
>Feelsgoodman.jpg
>Stops by later and gives me another target, on the house
>No homo
rangebros are true bros

I don't like going on the weekends because it's too busy and I shit myself people fire their 308s at the 100 yard.

Went to the range for the first time in nearly 3 months. I still got it.

Attached: 37236200_478347022607929_5082215594263052288_n.jpg (749x749, 81K)

you dumb nigger mine was on public land and it got shut down. the libs in the forest management bureau used "garbage" as an exucse to shut it down

What a Nancy.

I went shooting in the morning, reloaded some 9mm in the evening, and was going to get a red dot off a gun then realizing fucking Cmore uses god damn metric in their screws and I can't find my god damn fucking metric hex keys since I haven't used them since I moved 3 years ago.

Will go shooting tomorrow as well

>Siamese Mauser
Cool

Attached: WP_000376.jpg (1556x1167, 517K)

Pretty shitty to be honest

>supposed to meet someone saturday morning for a gun
>he flaked "i have to work but i'm usually free"
>says sunday morning
>he claims to have a "spur of the moment beach trip" for fathers day
>i ask "when works best for you"
>haven't had a response in 48 hours

i think i lost him

armslist sellers are so shitty at being dependable

I'm sorry user

Kinda late to thread but fuck it I'm gonna go pick up a SKS soon and I got a good bit of Russian surplus coming in the mail soon and this is all in prep of my friend and I digging a small trench system out in the woods to camp and shoot out of

Attached: WWoHKO8.jpg (1920x1080, 154K)