I'm wanting to get a PEQ 15 variant, i see them pop up pretty frequently on gear pages, tacswap, etc

I'm wanting to get a PEQ 15 variant, i see them pop up pretty frequently on gear pages, tacswap, etc.

I'm curious what "going rate prices are". Seems that excellent condition 15's are in the $1400-2000 range. Anyone know what i should expect to pay for an LA5/high power variants?

Attached: products-LA5PEQB_tr.jpg (1024x1137, 368K)

Do you want this because you just want a peq15 or need an ir laser because there are far better options for white/ir flood and laser

Honest question, why? I get the whole "lol NVGs" but like are you actually contracting, and how often are you playing bang bang at night? It just seems like the ultimate larp, its gonna hang off of your rifle during any class you take. Is it for just clone correct? Its just more weight on the end of your rifle it may as well be gunNutz.

Not op
What’s better option?

Needing a 15 because i have multiple service clones and want the complete package

I know the civilian 15 is dogshit hence the interest/need for a 15/LA5/HP

Yes the dbal/mawl is a more practical choice, but gotta go with a 15 variant

it's not larping when you actually use it with night vision. trust me if it was just for cool boi pics i'd buy an Element and save a lot of damn money!

Surefire x400v -b- irc or the new TLR VIR II

I have used both the civilian and military PEQ15 and these two are great alternatives on the cheap.

If you just want a clojne there are many airsoft versions on ebay which are indistinguishable. I have one on a personal clone of my service rifle and I can't even tell the difference.

I need the specific model(s) for clone rifles, but i also need actual functionality. Plus anyone who puts airsoft accessories on a real gun should be gassed

my rifle is not for function it is literally a wall hanger.

You can waste your money if you want only option is that eotech clone.

cool story chap

You are making a clone rifle. A poser rifle. A rifle that you own just to look at and feel like you're part of a club you're not a part of. And you're against puting something that looks like something that it isn't because it's not. Exit bag is your only option, faggot.

Attached: I16MJF0.jpg (2900x1933, 2.24M)

Why are poors always so angery

lmfao the state of this cuck.

How much do you weigh btw?

65lbs soaking wet. absolute bruiser

bump for price info

The civilian clone isn't dogshit, it just isn't as strong. If you're seeing excellent condition 15s in the $14-2k range, you're seeing ATPILs.

>The civilian clone isn't dogshit, it just isn't as strong
the internals are actually significantly different and the IR illuminator is not adjustable. It's not like some of the other class 1 lasers which are using the same diodes as the full power versions but limited in power via the circuit board.

the illuminator is pretty weak on the Atpial C. I was referring to seeing non-civ 15's in the $1.4-2k range. The LA5 looks great, I just have no frame of reference on what they cost, hence this thread (that was abducted by grumpy fggts)

>If you're seeing excellent condition 15s in the $14-2k range, you're seeing ATPILs.
what did he mean by this, the peq-15 is literally called an ATPIAL

atpial-c -> civ version you buy off the shelf
peq 15 & LA5 -> higher powered versions you have to buy on the secondary market
peq 15 UHP -> most powerful one you can get

that's my basic understanding,

ATPIAL-C is civilian, ATPIAL is another name for the full power PEQ-15

Also to add; the base level non-civ Peq 15 has 1 blue screw, the higher powered LA5 variant has 2 blue screws (as does the UHP)

You're right, I just commonly see the civ ones referred to as "ATPIAL" and then everything else "Peq 15's"

final bump if anyone has any pricing ideas

Like what

Anybody look into replacing the diode and power supply in a visible laser sight with an infrared unit and the white LED's with infrared ones in something like this? Or am I just being a summerfag (and there are cheaper units which do the same thing without cloning the PEQ-15)?

Attached: 71yaTpCrAWL._SX679_.jpg (679x566, 42K)

Should also mention I'm fully aware of the safety implications of infrared laser light and know basic electronics and soldering (built a few PWM controllers for fan motors, some servo controllers, and multiple DC power supplies for various projects).

see

I really wanted to do this but don't know how to do any of that outside of solder.

I'd imagine the different diode requires a different current than the 635/650nm one and then it would be nice to have an exact match on the package of the diode so you can actually get a good zero.
Probably will look into it.

I am assuming it holds zero by a set screw just pushing the from of the diode horizontally and vertically right? it would just be a matter of finding the correct ir diode?

Yep and make/find a matching power supply (if the current it too dissimilar to the one installed).

Thanks!
I don’t patronize SureFire, but I will definitely check out the TLR VIR II

I have both currently in my possession and the Streamlight TLR VIR II is great. The only downside is that the IR flood and the ir laser only work togehter. Outside of that I fucking love it. It is short enough you can put it on your top rail and MOST BUIS will clear the top of the streamlight when mounted on the top of a handguard.

Any idea of a good host optic? I prefer optic with VIS Flood, IR Flood, and IR Laser.

Well I was looking into just an IR "solution" and adding a cheapo separate visible light. I have no clue right now, though, probably would be a good idea to start with a cheap model in case you fuck up or it's just not feasible.

Who makes the best airsoft clone? I have diodes and stuff that are awesome, they're currently in chinesium flashlight style housings/a larue double light mount, though. I'd rather stuff them in something lower profile.

Couldnt you buy one with a green laser and take out the frequency doubling crystal?

I don't think so, the infrared diode in these isn't at the focus of whatever focusing mechanism is installed, it's just used to pump the crystal.

Id be interested in this too.