Hello k, i got into guns because theyre cool, i now have a few that i like and im happy with my collection...

hello k, i got into guns because theyre cool, i now have a few that i like and im happy with my collection. but the only range in town is $40/hr.

my marksmanship/aim is bad, my recoil control is bad, and my long range (really after 10yds) is utter shit. how can i train to get better? my first thought is a cheap .22 semi auto so i can shoot for cheap, is this a good idea?

Attached: 1543212454071.webm (800x450, 2.87M)

Got any BLM or Forest Service land nearby? You can shoot for free. Check for specific restrictions your area, though.

none around in my area sadly, im in the midwest so most of the outdoor is privately owned.

>midwest
>no BLM
???

Attached: Guide-to-Free-Camping-on-Bureau-of-Land-Management-BLM-Land.png (1200x765, 216K)

im on the state line between northeast indiana and northwest ohio. theres nothing here but one indoor range, and a boomer tier outdoor range that needs a $400 membership fee, with a $50/yr "maintenance and growth fee". heres the kicker, hunting rifles, and shotguns when in season are the only things allowed there

Former Fortwaynefag here. My solution was to move to Arizona.

sounds like it's time to move desu

Also because fuck winter.

Grab some fucking bottles and go a few miles outside city limits.

Ask a farmer if you can "hunt" on their land for a small donation.

22 bolt action and training in 3p competition shooting.

Look up Project Appleseed, chances are they're around you somewhere

>but the only range in town is $40/hr
Try looking around if you can. Christ.

>my first thought is a cheap .22 semi auto so i can shoot for cheap, is this a good idea
It's a decent idea for practice, yeah, and .22s are fun, but sooner or later you'll want to shoot more of the larger calibers.

You still also have to pay attention to technique and stuff.

Attached: robert zdar has a stroke.gif (240x176, 912K)

Sounds like you're in a pretty barren place.
Are there any other towns nearby which you'd consider moving to?
Consider moving to a property right outside town and setting up your own range?

i have 9mm and 556 gats, 22 should be cheap and since i want to work on my aim, burning lots of ammo will be cheap. of course ill shoot my other guns too

im but a humble college student with no money to move yet, i plan on taking the Jow Forumsentucky pill when i graduate.

I guess just hang in there, Kentucky is a good place.
$40/hr is fucking obscene though, I'm real sorry for ya, man.

Dry fire practice, and or one of those handgun laser targets.
Some you drop a laser down your barrel others have a blue gun with laser designed to.feel like a block iirc.

What you could do is to get some kind of low powered pellet airgun and do some backyard plinking somewhere.
Wouldn't be loud, if it's one with a rifled bore it would be accurate, and if you select a decent backstop, it's safe.

fuck summer though.

Not sure how accurate that map is. That land in NW Fl is airforce owned, not BLM.