Longsword carrying

How the FUCK are you supposed to carry these things around? Do they even make scabbards this big? What part of your body would you even be able to wear a scabbard that big on?

Attached: IMG_1678.jpg (4119x2575, 1.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QrkqJ69A0pg
amazon.com/Flower-Battle-MS-Ludwig-XV13/dp/0984771689
amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPK4YKM/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i9
youtube.com/watch?v=BZq8BCum7DA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

r u smol?

Yessir. 5'2 manlet. I like longswords though. Definitely a conflict of interest.

>How the FUCK are you supposed to carry these things around?
On your hip
>Do they even make scabbards this big?
Yes
>What part of your body would you even be able to wear a scabbard that big on?
Your hip

>5'2"
My friend that's malnourished-tier. The average male in Bolivia is taller.

>5'2 manlet

Attached: AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg (600x450, 78K)

Cute. Post thighs.

Attached: capitalism.png (500x410, 210K)

Didn't they used to send folk like you in bomber turrets and to clear out Vietcong tunnels?

youtube.com/watch?v=QrkqJ69A0pg
Civilian swords and daggers existed for a reason.
Skip to 15:30 if you're an ADD zoomer.
Carrying a longsword in everyday life, would be the medieval equivalent of carrying a full length magnum revolver as you edc.

dont be a manlet

>5'2
Stick to shortswords.

>5'2

just carry a spatha

Attached: Punished_Satania.jpg (977x983, 92K)

I just bought:
amazon.com/Flower-Battle-MS-Ludwig-XV13/dp/0984771689
And
amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPK4YKM/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i9
It's mostly for fucking around in the backyard, but the second book should have some great exercises to keep yourself in shape.
And a medieval festival is coming up in two months. They usually have a ton of blacksmiths coming by with weapons and armor for sale.

That's what they'll expect

Some were carried on the back. Note that it's not workable to draw from that position, so you'd have to take the sword and sheath off together, draw the sword, then discard the sheath before you got to street sweeping operations or whatever serf killing you needed to do. Less like carrying a pistol on your hip and more like carrying a rifle case on a shoulder strap.

this would suit you better

Attached: haveatyemanlet.jpg (500x635, 19K)

A stiletto might be more up his sleeve.

Attached: Manletto.jpg (600x192, 10K)

Kek

>Wonderfully effective, convenient and aesthetically pleasing self-defense weapon with plenty of literature on how to use it
>Totally overshadowed by other things, memey youtube fucks only really talk about its much rarer two-handed cousin

Attached: LE-M5B-1.jpg (500x1000, 24K)

>5'2 manlet
you can do it

Attached: 59aea3731700002000288422.jpg (630x791, 158K)

>5'2 manlet
That reminds me, a tiny little dyke I know wants me to introduce her to some HEMA basics. She's shorter than my feder, should I hand her an arming sword to teach her longsword techniques?

>I don't want to wear a half foot long bowie knife people will make fun of me for having a big knife
>i want a 3 foot long bowie sword
lol never change matt, never change

not talking about the 3ft metal bar hanging on your belt
try to sprint with it, see how it bounce around, then try it in a forest
just sitting become anoying with a sword
on your back it's less anoying but it will still get stuck on branches etc

>faggot
>commie
Checks out

Depending on your hand size, go with an Arming sword.

Other than that,
youtube.com/watch?v=BZq8BCum7DA

Act like you're going to a baseball game

Attached: 31mbR1kFX8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (460x468, 14K)

The Stop-Ax is cool too. There's one on every corner.

Attached: 123131231123131313.jpg (192x262, 5K)

>5'2"
Well, you see, one of the many tropes fantasy and h*llywood have spread is that smaller people in combat should be quick, nimble, and carry smaller weapons befitting their stature. This is simply not true at all, you should be using and training with weapons that make up for your lack of reach. Polearms would 100% be your ideal weapon, and don't be scared of using a longsword. You can always adjust the frog on a scabbard belt for it to sit correctly, and as long as you aren't completely weak the ~3 pound higher end reproductions wont be too much to handle. Swords aren't really that heavy, and for balance most of the weight is in the handle/hilt. Look around at the oakshott patterns and see what you actually like. Just build up muscle and dexterity and you can handle it.

Manlet (5'7") HEMAfag here, what you're saying is half true.
Of course this shit doesn't matter for polearms. In a way they're great equalizers as when you have such huge weapons the wielder's reach becomes a lot less important.

In my personal experience, blade length isn't really an issue.
What is an issue is grip length. Some feders have extremely long grips which are uncomfortable and annoying to use for me. You'd think a longer lever = better, but I find I can actually move a shorter-gripped longsword much quicker. You also can't just put the bottom hand further up the grip without encountering other problems.

There's also the question of how useful extra weapon reach actually is. Manlets generally can't "snipe" at a distance against a reachier opponent, in order to hit you usually have to get into some sort of exchange. Once the first tempo is over, reach becomes far less relevant.
A shorter blade makes many actions from the bind easier to execute where a longer one might get tangled up, not to mention it'll generally be lighter and thus more nimble. When up against significantly larger opponents you'll typically have to win in the in-fight, thus a weapon geared towards that is beneficial.

As for one-handed weapons, in my experience there's literally no problem wielding weapons of all sorts of sizes, I imagine if you have an excessively long rapier it'd be shit to wear it around town if you're really small though.

I thought dwarves were more into axes?

>How the FUCK are you supposed to carry these things around?
Bastard swords are short and light enough to be drawn with one hand when worn on the hip. That's what distinguishes them from proper great swords.
>5'2
Ah, ok.
Actual protip: A longsword of correct length should have its pomel resting neatly in the crook of your armpit when standing straight. The longswords you have been using are likely too long.

sauce?

My teacher is like 5'4 and he's terrifying. I say go for it.

Is she gonna be okay? That sword looks like tetanus incarnate.

If you're still interested, you might want to take a look at Keith Farrell's articles about short people and HEMA.

I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

I'm going to seize your means of reproduction and slam that boypussy, cream your boywomb, and make you mewl.

Attached: @everyone.jpg (1075x804, 90K)