Whats the most bullshit job in the military

whats the most bullshit job in the military

job that just shoudn't exist but does

Attached: GettyImages-162657797-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8zp3DCLNvfo
mosdb.com/army/51D/mos/3156/
goarmy.com/advocates/advocates-news-and-events/diversity-army-life.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Air Force.

Anything involving working alongside females.

Anything like this. Guarding the tomb in Arlington is on the upper end because it has ceremonial value, but standing guard in general, especially in places where it doesn't make any fucking sense and there is zero chance of anything ever happening, is the most painful and retarded thing in the whole military world that makes you want to shoot yourself after hours of just fucking standing. And standing. And standing. And standing.

Attached: guide-to-tomb-unknown-soldier.jpg (1800x800, 431K)

>Manlet mad he didn't meet the height requirement
Lmao

>implying anyone is impressed with being in a purely ceremonial part of the army

I'm not even American but I did a lot of guardshifts in situations where things actually could have and did happen, and even those were pure fucking agony most of the time. I can't imagine how much it must fucking suck to do stuff like that.

>implying anyone is impressed with being in a purely ceremonial part of the army
You might think it's a waste (& I do as well) but that shit is fucking gold on your ERB. You're basically gonna auto all the way up to e8 unless you commit you a felony

Guard duty in a conscript army is a blast though, as soon as we found out when the NCOs fucked off we got shitfaced like there was no tomorrow. Getting pissed with the guys under arrest you‘re supposed to be guarding was basically the norm.

The ceremonial guard at Arlington is an extremely important role. Symbols have value. Arlington inspires respect and pride in our nation, reverance for those who gave their lives so that we may live as we do, and an appreciation that we're not "lucky" to be Americans but instead that our condition was deliberate and that ever single day we enjoy of the fruits of their sacrifice. The intricacy and precision of the ceremony and the suffering of the guard demonstrates this respect in a way that is felt rather than just understood.

The rest is pretty bullshit, yeah.

The band, seriously why does every branch have a band?

That's a great job if you're a musician.

>the band
>youtube.com/watch?v=8zp3DCLNvfo

I get the instrumental stuff, but this is just weird

I mean if they still marched at the tail end of formation on the battlefield to inspire the troops I would get it but they sit in DC and practice

Yeah it's basically a civilian job, but a pretty good one. Lots of ceremonial shit going on, and they play at all kinds of events. They're pretty busy.

repeat after me: Goylington

At least you might get to fucking bayonet stab a tourist if they get to close

you ever stop blaming jews for all your shortcomings? fuckin a man.

It's a good gig from what I've heard from members I met. They do something like 400 separate performances a year. Really know their stuff too

E6
Don't know about other branches but in the Navy all they did was suck dick all day trying to make Chief

why not move the tomb to detriot every day and night will be like black hawk down the marines would probably love it

yeah man the guy should be thank ful every war we ever had in human history has been due to the jews

WW1 wasn't caused by Jews

>be me, young RASP candidate in phase 2
>put M4's and glocks in lockers, secured with locks, in a room locked to the outside, with the CQ desk right outside, inside a fenced off compound, inside a military base
>get assigned weapons guard

Anything related to paratroopers that aren't part of SOCOM. Basically the entire 82nd Airborne.

>51D Army Mason
mosdb.com/army/51D/mos/3156/
Just hire a fucking civilian contractor.

All of it.

>cheaper than contractor with a van full of beaners
>hire a civilian contractor
Why?

Goddamn this Nations a fucking kiked joke.

Not relevant to the thread but what are these ridiculous looking hats the US army uses?
Just why?

yikes

>raining
>rifles slung muzzle up
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1538639447328.jpg (509x371, 34K)

Yeah, I forgot about the part of the Peloponnesian War where the Jews convinced the Spartans to besiege Athens.

The Marine band mostly does ceremonies and shit for surrounding units, the presidents own band is it's own thing and they just chill at DC to play at white house social functions.

Generally, civilian leadership servitude to Israel.

>Jackets look like foliage
>Hats look like floor

Attached: k sniper team.jpg (550x550, 64K)

The tomb represents all of the fallen, not just the men who are in it that are unknown.
Can you imagine some hippie faggot pouring red paint all over and writing out some fag shit?
Yea, the guards are necessary. It would be a huge insult to see it desecrated.

Rock washer
FPBP

This, poster you're replying to needs to get his fucking head checked.

Don't fucking reply to Jow Forums posters. Have you retards not figured out that they're intentionally shitposting here?

I swear Jow Forums is one of the easiest to troll. Everyone alway takes the damn bait. Stop responding to these idiots! It's that easy. Don't give the schizos attention and let them fizzle.

Shut up, I know you're the Jow Forums poster from your punctuation. I've been here 12 goddamn years I can tell when someone is using punctuation to seem like a cunt.

>army
They’re called utility covers. They’re specifically used by the marines and navy. They’re just a standard hat. Personally, I think they look a lot cooler than the patrol caps the army and AF wear.

Imagine being an English guard and getting to shove tourists out of the way. Pretty cool to be honest.

To be fair, weapons tend to attract a lot of straight-up autistic people. I’d imagine most posters here, including myself, are far enough on the spectrum to fall for bait, even when we know it’s clearly meant as provocation and not a serious opinion.

>whats the most bullshit job in the military
>job that just shoudn't exist but does

Diversity Officer
goarmy.com/advocates/advocates-news-and-events/diversity-army-life.html

21K, imagine being a plumber but in a warzone.

The military could drop almost all of its drill and ceremony and function perfectly fine.

*function better
Because they'd have more time to actually fight.

But the D&C officers spend all day sucking General dick, so they get to dance around like Kansas City faggots while real soldiers die

>job

I know what you mean though.

E6 here can confirm. The moment I said I was putting in an O package the chief's all descended on me. Straight up said that the whole FCPOA and Chiefs mess thing aint my scene. O's have thier douches too but at least I can have a sweet dress uni. What a cult, not even a cool one like Peoples Temples or the Davidians.

I do love my rate though most of the time.

Also although not MOS/Rate/AFSC...fucking dumb collateral duties, idk if any other branch has them.

We have one where it's a guys job to just ask people to vote and collect thier ballots, another for setting up the navy day ball etc etc. And you just can rack those up and give the impression that you're legit and get great promotion recs.

Navy advancement is fucked but I kinda profited from it i guess.

They're wearing desert camo underneath it's just boot camp so they're all issued woodland marpat gortex for rain. When I went through basic we got woodland ponchos and wore deserts, same thing.

>defending pageantry used to fool retards into signing up