I’m looking to get a Star BM sorta as a carry gun that I won’t be sad about losing in an evidence locker

I’m looking to get a Star BM sorta as a carry gun that I won’t be sad about losing in an evidence locker.
Does anyone here have a decent amount of rounds through one, or, preferably several? Do they tend to have feeding preferences? Are they good with +p? I’d like to use NATO ball equivalent loads.

Attached: BC933F60-7EE5-499B-8DD1-E29F89D82579.jpg (500x500, 84K)

They are pretty guns aren't they

I don't have one but I heard the firing pins are common points of failure on them, but other than that they're solid.

I bought two.

One continuously FTEs, the brass case seems to get stuck on the next round in the magazine, like the extractor lets go of it or something. I've replaced the extractor and the recoil spring in it, but nothing seems to help. Slide has a small crack near the ejector, which might be effecting it. The slides are supposedly milled so maybe it was just a lemon.

The other one has been 100% reliable from the box.

Just a heads up, buy a spare firing pin cause you will break yours eventuallyk j, mags are in the 40-50$ range each but you can modify sig p225 pro mags but reliability will be shotty, oddly enough they have problems with brass but run very well with steel case for some reason and lastly if you can buy one in person then do so cause the classic ones in VG +hand pick condition came rusted to shit and barrel had pitting. Shitty cold blue to make it look ok. Great little pistols if your a surplus fag but i wouldn't bet my life on them. Get a glock or a high point as a "ditch" gun.

Attached: classicbm.jpg (2030x1142, 805K)

Bought mine as a first pistol.
>is inexpensive
(even more so since I got lucky at a local shop for 170$ our the door)
>is all steel frame.
Good because it can be used as a bludgeon, and feels good in the hand
>perfect size for cc.
Not to big but not small. Great place to decide what you'd like from your next pistol.
>fits 1911 style holsters

>cheap ammo.
It does not like brass case unless it's subsonic loads. Probably something to do with the spring being old. The good news is it will gobble up cheap Russian steel case like a glory hole girl.
I've put maybe 500 rounds or more through it so far. Never had a malfunction while using Wolf steel case, but the only brass it can make through a box is SB 147gr subsonic.

Attached: 0413191952_Burst02.jpg (4160x2336, 3.09M)

Quick note.
The rear sights came loose on me while shooting one day. I'd suggest buying a bore laser, putting a dab of super glue under the sight and tapping it in until it's properly aligned. After that they are well accurate.

Also be careful with aftermarket wood grips. I bought these from JG online and the channel wasn't milled properly which caused a dead trigger until I chiseled the wood grip a bit.

Would have sucked to find that out in a defense scenario.

That's a clean looking BM, I thought about buying a full sized Star and getting wood grips like those.

Hey guys I’ve had a firing pin snap on my Bm but I can’t get the pin that retains the firing pin spring out, any advice?

>glory hole
>girl
I've got some bad news for you user...

Mine needed a new sear, it had hammer follow and wouldn't recock after the first shot. Replaced and it's been 100% through around 3 boxes of shitty magtech 115 grain.

>tfw your life is only worth $200
Kek I’m a cheapskate but even that’s ridiculous. I could stand losing some shitty cheapo Glock to my local evidence locker.

Your life is only worth $450? Kek I'm a cheapskate but even that's ridiculous. I could stand losing some shitty cheapo STI to my local evidence locker.

Relax john wick

Not everyone is along in life.

I bought mine when I was poor and younger living in Horde territory eating rice and chicken everyday.

If this is what you can afford just make sure to practice with it and make sure it works.

It’s pretty heavy for its size if you are thinking of carrying it. Mine has FTEs fairly regularly but less so with Remington brass, though I haven’t tried steel or aluminum case yet.

Attached: 1BADD0DC-C2BB-44C1-9B74-8310C628D6A2.jpg (1000x750, 225K)

I have heard that the star bm likes to break barrel links. If you want a cheap carry gun that you don't mind "losing in an evidence locker" I highly suggest that you at least consider a ruger lcp. I know its not in 9mm, thats true, but it tends to be available for around $200 as well and it will be SO much easier to conceal and carry. But from what I have heard the star is not a bad choice so either way should be fine.

I reckon I’ll just drop more and grab a Ruger P series, this honestly seems more like a meme with every thing I hear about it.
Anyone know anything about the P85 or P89 lmao

Look at fucking John D. Rockefeller over here lol stfu fag.

Lookout for shitty mags, they make or break the pistol. They also tend to prefer steel case

Bought one in "very good" condition, fired one round at the range and it shit the bed, fte every round. I checked it when I got home and the barrel link had snapped. I would NOT recommend carrying this gun to protect yourself with. Get a new or lightly used handgun, not milsurp for carry.