HUN' TIN'

favorite .308 hunting rifle?

Attached: brownnin.jpg (450x233, 7K)

C308 with a few accessories
>Binary trigger to be a bit quicker and somewhat human
>5 round mags +1 because the 20s are a bit cumbersome and I feel it's a bit unfair
>White paint on the irons to help when using 100m sights (though I normally use 200)
>Polymer furniture that I swap to from wood to save weight, but wood does help mitigate recoil
I know people say battle rifles are bad for the job but for me it really works wonders

Why in god's name would anyone use a battle rifle to kill an animal?

I mean I don't have the money to buy a separate rifle, the binary was a present. Also I'm a trash shot so being able to take follow ups helps compensate as I don't really know how to use a scope for adjustments

Merkel if you're a posh European, otherwise 2nd hand BAR is great value.

What have you taken with it?

If I recall correctly, about 13 hogs, 3 deer (3, 4, and 5 point), and 4 coyotes. Btw point is measured by one side or both? My dad taught me to count one side but he might be wrong

Savage 99

Attached: 99Fsrc1-e1357224755699.jpg (2007x1121, 578K)

This was the first lever action I have ever shot. Had an absolute blast.

Is it worth taking the lever action pill for my first hunting rifle?
I've never hunted but plan on doing hunter's ed this summer and getting into it for the next season

They're very good, I'd own one of money were no object

They are pricey but (although I've never managed to shoot one) I feel like you could chamber a round faster than a bolty
Plus, they look way more fun to shoot and my little cousins would probably say "oh cool a cowboy gun" when they visit

West-coaster count only one side, East-coasters count both.

Why aren't k-sticky enough for the Op?

same

Attached: 20180604_154139.jpg (5265x1985, 2.83M)

remington 870.

I really liked my Savage 99; I found the action to be slicker than a Winchester or Marlin. It balanced and pointed nicer than tube-magazine guns as all the weight of ammunition was below the receiver rather than out under the barrel. I think of all the guns I have sold it is probably the one I miss the most.

>.308
Thats one too many.

Attached: 307 win.jpg (1189x700, 73K)

What the fuck do you mean lol people do it all the time

Well, yes, but a battle rifle is really not an ideal hunting rifle.
Your main attributes in a hunting rifle are weight and accuracy, both things a C308, for example, lacks.
Even a cheapo bolt action will carry more easily and shoot more accurately than most battle rifles.
This, of course, does not matter much if you are just going to sit by a food plot and shoot a durr 40yds away from a blind you drove up to.

Winchester Model 70

Not a .308

Best coast counts the highest side, or says like "a 4x3"
Inbreds add up both sides. Eye tones. And any nubs. "Muh 17 point buck"

I have a 336 in 30-30 that I enjoy a lot.
Unless you're out on the plains, or a desert or something a lever in .30-30 will reach what you're hunting.