/pcc/ - Pistol Caliber Carbine General

The continuing discussion of large guns that shoot small bullets. Remember, be excellent to eachother.

Attached: pccs.jpg (1600x1077, 617K)

First for Evogang

second. I gotta take new pics.

Attached: 20181212_211043.jpg (3264x2448, 1.83M)

>so many options
>so little space in the safe
I want a side charging upper, which ones such shit, which ones use proprietary bolts or carriers and which ones are G2G? I plan on milling it for a C5 lower.

Is the discord kill?

Discords are gay and should never have been a thing.

How do you like it? I really want one

Post folding boys

Attached: green n black.jpg (1311x830, 316K)

Soon™

Attached: Ruger PC9 Chassis-3-744x744.jpg (744x744, 287K)

I love my foldybois

Attached: foldybois-copy.jpg (5184x3456, 4M)

California user here. I bought a vector a few months ago and have absolutely loved it and was wondering what pcc I should go for next? There's a place near me with a scorpion evo 3 and I've also been looking at a Ruger PC carbine. Any thoughts?

Its my favorite gun I own. I bought it with plans to gucci it up tho. The factory scorpion is pretty rough in the detail department.

Do you have any concerns with it being mostly polymer? My lgs has one and I’m tempted to go buy it today

That UZI is sexy, not gonna lie.

Attached: Zenith Z-5RS bling.jpg (3634x2414, 2.86M)

Absolutely not. I'm confident enough that I rigged up a DIAS for it.

I love those integrated flashlight handguards, if I ever get an mp5 type PCC it's next on the list.

>has a hinged Vector
>still puts an AR stock on it anyways
You disgust me, user.

what picatinny rail is that ?

Its not a pic rail, its the B&T Aimpoint mount.

Thawlts?

Attached: cmr30.jpg (4032x3024, 1.6M)

Set me straight, doods.

>Beretta CX4 (I own a Beretta M9)
>Cz Scorpion + tailhook brace
>PTR-9 + foldy brace

OR

>fuck the haters lmao Steyr AUG

I’m looking at price, fun factor, aestheticc and overall ease of use.

Attached: 2A1E7083-AB0E-4893-92D6-3A1079D81065.jpg (533x236, 19K)

Well....Gordon Freeman...

Attached: 5623B740-0089-4B47-B548-98AA59874512.png (473x355, 230K)

A really, really fucking neato gun that begs to be SBRd and is inundated with tragic magazine issues. KelTec will unfortunately never release additional calibers because they are absolutely maxed on production capacity to the point they're a nuisance to the local power grid as is.

Best sub gun silencer? I want to do a form 1 build so I have a lot of freedom. I’m thinking all titanium and probably 1.5”+ OD

Attached: F608915D-2F54-4E97-824C-FD4AF9E186DF.jpg (3674x2866, 2.55M)

I see you have questions, I have answers. What do you like to shoot? Is mag compatibility a huge issue for you?

Attached: family4.jpg (2581x3715, 3.85M)

Scorpion

Anyone manage to get their hands on a Kalash USA KR9? I never see them in stock and want to know if they're actually on the market.

Yuck

I have a PTR 91 so I honestly don’t mind the HK manual of arms, therefore I’m cool with the PTR-9. My question for it and the AUG is whether the juice is worth the squeeze. Essentially, are they worth the money they demand? I can spend that amount of money but I want to know if it’s worth it.

Mag compatibility with the AUG doesn’t bother. Bolt release or gtfo.
Mag compatibility with the CX4 would be neat and I’ve heard great things about them. Plus, they’ve got the space gun look going on. Also, it comes as it is with little modification needed.

As for the CZ, I like it because it appears to be a mix of the others. Modern MP5 manual of arms with Czechnology aesthetic. I’ve also heard great things about it and the price is middle of the road.

Also, I haven’t shot any of these except for an MSAR AUG knockoff which was neat but didn’t actually work

Is there a trick to getting the striker spring over the striker assembly on a semi-auto UZI?

I have a McKay bolt, and I'm trying to fit the narrow part of the spring over the striker spring guide, so the narrow part of the spring fits in the recess just behind the firing pin. However it's a really tight fit, and I'm having trouble assembling it.

Attached: screen-shot-2013-11-21-at-6-34-09-pm.png (581x237, 152K)

scorpion moa is an improvement over the hk roller guns. mags are cheap. ammo is cheap. aftermarket is fuckhuge. and price is reasonable.

kike trickery

An LGS near me actually had one on the shelf when I went. I was shocked to see it. Handled it for a minute and it was very light and surprisingly compact even though it had a 16 inch barrel. Action and trigger felt fine. Folding stock is a little wonky and non-standard. They’re neat, but not cheap. Oh, and proprietary mags.

>AUG is she worth it.
Well it depends man. I really loved mine while I had it, but truth be told it never really rocked my socks like my MP5. I enjoyed shooting her, but at the end of the day it was just a 5.56 rifle probably the coolest one you can get, but it still just a 5.56 rifle. I ended up liquidating mine and just grabbing a beater AR I made to get rid of the 5.56 I had on hand. I would certainly say the AUG is a better rifle than the AR, but in this day and age when I can build an AR for $350 I just grabbed the beater so I wouldn't care about it. My MP5 I will never sell (either of them because I bought 2). As for the CZ, well this is going to be not liked by the Czechems in this thread, but the Scorpion is pretty much unremarkable. It's just another direct blowback PCC and in truth the only reason it's doing so well today is that it was the cheapest option for awhile and it got a great aftermarket. Does it stack up to an MP5? No, not in the least. Anyone that compares any direct blowback to an MP5 simply has never shot one. MP5s and other PCCs that use recoil mitigation designs will always feel much better than their direct blowback partners. That's not to say that DBB can't have a great feel to it, there are plenty of designs that really make DBB nice. But they simply just don't stack up to the good shit. That being said I think the Scorpion is going to lose it's place, with the PC9 out that's going to bite right into the Evo's market and that's not even counting all the other PCCs that are eating into it's price range. Anyway rambling aside
Buy the AUG if you love 5.56 and will shoot a lot
Buy the MP5 if you love shooting 9x19 and will shoot a lot
Buy the Scorpion if you really do love the feel of it (but know that it will never be an MP5).

Attached: IMG_20170121_203110.jpg (4096x3072, 1.96M)

>tfw no quiet foldi boi

Brilliant pair, if you ask me. Yeah I could have a better optic on the ps90. And the /nice/ ammo is expensive.

Attached: 20190617_225201.jpg (4032x1960, 3.08M)

Good to hear. The proprietary mags are kind of a drawback when so many other PCCs use glock or scorpion mags but I've always liked the Vityaz. Gonna keep my eyes peeled for one in stock.

I love this combo. I want to get a ps90 and SBR it so badly but decent self defense Ammo Is so expensive

20+ days now on efile for mp5. bls hurrt atf

>complying
>paying the atf to not kill you for exercising your rights
dont do that

If you're skilled at reloading, and careful and scientific etc, better ammo is make-able. But reloading 5.7 entails somewhat unique challenges.

any particular reason to not go for the psa? it's about as russian as k-usa, uses scorpion mags, and is cheaper.

picked up the sub2k a week ago for $390 taxes included

Attached: muhcarbeens.png (1008x756, 2.32M)

i want to efile my mp5 right now, literally right now, just so i can get the paperwork going but due to other reasons i have to wait a few weeks.

Ruger pc carbine for poverty mode
Mp5 clone or mpx for swag mode

Mainly the furniture and construction, the KR9 is pretty much identical to the slavshit. The psa does have some very nice features but I've always preferred the original, or as close as I can get to it. I'll admit part of the reason is simply having one as a collector piece, same reason I got my VEPRs.

Attached: giphy (2).gif (387x248, 1.62M)

I can't quite get (((google))) to understand what I'm looking for. Does anyone make a pistol caliber AR15 that uses a traditional gas system and locking bolt instead of the retard nigger tier blowback bolt all the lazy fags use. Points for dedicated (and shortened) PCC lower receiver and glawk mags. Sorry for the dumb question. This will be babbys first PCC.

I wish someone would make a P-90 that isn't nearly as ergonomic so I can have a PS90 with a rail that doesn't look like aids in contrast.
And no not an ar-57.

Honestly you're probably best off with the MPX. I don't know of any using a proper AR DI system on an ar platform.

Problem with the KUSA (more like kuso lmao) is that apparently shit is breaking on them. Shit that shouldn't be under any circumstance. Like the dust cover (HOW??????).

i love this thing. the only thing im not crazy about is the height of the reddot i put on it. the front sight post is pretty thick and the reddot lines up right in the middle of it. i might just have to forgo the optic or get something higher up
i will say, after handling it with the can on, i can now understand the appeal of a k model.

Attached: Zenith z5rs.jpg (3000x943, 1.22M)

Supposedly they've fixed that, but the Vityaz had similar problems of beating itself up after enough rounds. That's one reason I'm looking around for news on it, because they're so hard to find.

The big problem is the height over bore with the rail it comes with. There are custom machined options that decrease that height. Pic as an example.

Attached: [email protected] (1024x768, 130K)

HOB is easily accounted for with minimal training. Depends on how far your zero is set.

There's lots of one-off builds like that.
If you want something that isn't straight blowback, CMMG makes something they call 'Radial-Delayed Blowback'

Are MPX's a good buy? I've put money aside for a few months to get one, and im close to having enough, but I realized I have never actually known someone who has shot one.

This
Also why I want one that can take a non-abortion tier rail. IIRC the mag locks in to the carry handle/optic rail thing so cut off the extraneous bits leaving the locking mech.

Yes and no. Compared to other 9mm pccs
>Heavier
>Costs more
>Proprietary magazines
However
>Snowflake action (for pccs)
>More attainable than other non-sbb pccs
>AR-esque familiarity
>Trigger is fine
MPX is a good pcc, but it's gonna be like a low tier flex, not ps-90 or ump tier flex, but definitely better than the ruger pc-9 and hipoints

Yeah, the guy I shoot with that has one says it's objectively very good but he has a hard time convincing himself that it was worth the price.

i bought the 150$ micro roni on botach what should i expect

i shot one a few months ago, i was unimpressed. supposed to be softer shooting than a straight blowback 9mm but any difference is marginal at best. i also wasnt crazy about the bulky handguard. all in all, i dont think its worth the money they go for.

Its still a 9mm AR at the end of the day.

I know it's a little bit more expensive, but I actually love the look of the gun, and knowing it shoots well is just convincing me more and more to just get one.

>not getting the prism sight
shameful

Disappointment from your peers.

Does a vector really offer any advantage over the other more standard format designs?

in full auto yes
It's another one of those things like the AA-12's action or a slant brake, it really only does anything for you on full giggle.

Diversified machine
I'm guessing he still works with zach at zmachineworx, who's site is dead. But Zach does engraving and makes undrilled baffles. Chris does too but Chris doesnt engrave.

I'm saying for a normal civilian version, I'm guessing the weird bolt design doesnt do much in semi auto vs mpx/scorp/similar

not at all

You get more of an effect from a Vz.61's rate reducer. It doesn't really do anything for the recoil impulse.

The only shitty thing about the k is that there's no good collapsible stock. The foldable stock the SS uses sucks because it's heavy. The new KES from safety harbor is awesome though and 100% mitigates this problem

pic related

Attached: IMG_0788.jpg (1280x960, 161K)

>PC Carbine
I ain’t poor, negro

>MP5
Respecc
>MPX
*Gag*

When will you people accept that ronis are a good way to get into PCC's if you already own a glock? They're cheap as fuck.

Attached: CAA-Micro-Roni-Stabilizer-Feature.jpg (1366x841, 378K)

Macon Armory will build you one but you're limited to .45/10mm as 9mm is almost impossible to get running In a DI system without +P+++ loads. There's another company called Bazooka Brothers Manufacturing that used to do DI uppers but I can't tell if the ones on their website are still DI or not.

>roni
Fuck no, get that meme outta here.

Roni is B I G G A Y

Agree with this. I have an MP5k clone (posted above with the KES stock) but acknowledge that a glock upper provides comparable functionality for what most people are doing: fucking around at the range

the glock even has last round bolt hold-open and reliable, inexpensive mags compared to the MP5 clones!

how does .45 cycle the gas system but normal 9mm or even standard overpressure not cycle it? I though non-super .45 was low pressure.

>the glock even has last round bolt hold-open and reliable, inexpensive mags compared to the MP5 clones!
So does a scorpion and you don't have to take another gun apart to use it.

Save another month for a MecTec.

There's two pieces to this puzzle mate. Gas pressure, and gas -volume-. 9mm doesn't produce nearly as much. You'd be putting the gas block damn near the chamber.

or yet another month for a real gun.
thanks. was just curious.

I was born to shit post in this thread.

Attached: 20190619_224207.jpg (2499x1911, 341K)

Why wouldn’t you just get an SBR or braced pistol? Rifle rounds work better

as explained in every thread to verbatim posts like yours: cost of ammo, more range access, size, fun, better defense ammo, easier to suppress, quieter unsuppressed, ect.

Because what comes out the front of a range toy doesn't exactly matter.
And I have more 9mm because I shoot my rifles more than my pistols.

Attached: c29e7de225.jpg (1500x1125, 692K)

Some might say the incorrect stock is bad, but given how absolutely rare the real one is, I think that's a suitable choice.

>really cheap
>don't have to buy a new gun that takes up more space in your safe. Just stick your glock in there and go
>last round hold open
>proven glock reliability
>uses glock mags

Why haven't you taken the ronipill yet?

Attached: Micro-RONI-1.jpg (674x379, 49K)

You don't have to take apart your glock. You stick it in there and lock it in place. Takes like 5 seconds.

D A D D Y

Attached: 80847C0E-1782-448C-ADB5-DD8047D28DE6.jpg (4000x2800, 2.61M)

i think the roni is a neat concept, i just wished they offered a model with a more utilitarian/plain look. they just look ugly to me.

>concerned about the fashion statement he's making
>assuming xis gender

>Why haven't you taken the ronipill yet?
Because I have a fucking p80 with a LITERAL BLANK SLIDE
That shit is begging to have NO COMPATIBILITY

Is there one for M&P?

Israeli made MecTec offers one

Do you mean MechTech? I've bugged them for years and still no dice.

>really cheap
Fucking better be its a plastic handle with a hole in the front and bottom
>don't have to buy a new gun that takes up more space in your safe. Just stick your glock in there and go
Yeah just buy this cheap plastic toy that takes up even more space than a proper foldyboi
>last round hold open
like most every other pcc
>proven glock reliability
like a blowback
>uses glock mags
like 50% of pccs on the market

its attractiveness to me, not to others. while aesthetics might not be a primary factor when considering a gun, it certainly can be a deterrent. as such it is in this case.