What are Jow Forums's thoughts on this in 9mm

What are Jow Forums's thoughts on this in 9mm

Attached: 666459i_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 116K)

why would you buy this instead of an M&P 2.0?

capacity

You're thinking of the Security 9, which is a striker-fired 9mm that exists and thus has nothing distinguishing it from a Glock or M&P or CZ P10 or whatever else. OP is asking about the Ruger American, which has recoil reduction features. The question you should be asking is "Why would you buy this instead of a Beretta PX4 or HK P30?" to which I assume the answer is "because striker fired." So on the market now I think the only options are this and the Grand Power Q100, seems like the better pistol overall but isn't made by an American company with good support. So that's the very narrow criteria that would lead you to buy this.

same capacity

you may be right but do the poorfags / new shooters care about any of that?

Just get a yeet cannon.

Meh. It's heavier than the competition and a few steps behind what's out now. If you want a big 9mm striker then you probably want the CZ P10. It's modular but the P320 and Steyr m9 have it beat there too. If you want a Ruger 9mm with a thumb safety, low recoil, a good trigger, and a nice grip then the SR9 still exists. It was a weak successor and is part of what prompted Ruger to focus on budget pistols.

Given that Ruger is still offering this in addition to its cheaper "regular" striker-fired 9mm, I'd assume they count on people caring. And this, the Beretta PX4 and the Grand Power can be got for around the same price.

Honestly, if I were in the market for a Ruger semi-auto I would just get an SR9.

>into the trash

Bill Ruger is a cocksucker.

He is. Makes good guns though.

Ugliest Ruger. Makes keltec look Gucci. As other anons said an m&p would be more aesthetic at the same price with more aftermarket support. Also it’s probably gonna be discontinued and replaced by the security 9 line. If only it kept the looks of the sr9 it probably would have been a hit.

I thought the sec9 was hammer fired like the lcp.

The sr9 series was much better looking.

>I thought the sec9 was hammer fired
You're right, my mistake, it just uses a Glock-style trigger safety. Sort of a faux-striker gun.

He was out of control of the company before you were even born.

>replaced by sec 9
It's an upscaled cheap ass LCPII with a goofy single-strike hammer. They work but they feel really cheap. They're going to probably sit on the thing until they have a decent replacement and enough capital to actually advertise it next time.

I hope his corpse rolls in his grave every time Ruger sells an ar.

TL;DR of my "I own one and-" rant post here is there's nothing actually wrong with the RAP. It's an XM17 trial gun you can buy for really fucking cheap with fewer outstanding issues than SIG's actual winner in that competition.

I own one. Recommend the compact, shoots just as well as the fullsize.

Some popular youtubers smeared it very early with quality content like 1/3 of the video calling it ugly, and stuff like using the wrong size swappable grips then complaining it bites into their hand. It's a fucking steal now that the prices tanked. I've seen the fullsize go for 250$.

It's made for the XM17 trials. Same with the Beretta APX, Sig P320, etc. Rated for NATO and +P, well past 25k rounds. Independent testing looks on it favorably.

Everything you said about the Sec 9 was wrong. It's one of the few concealed hammer options on the market, and some people are really into those.

>It's heavier than the competition and a few steps behind what's out now.
And people are praising Mossberg's MC1 brownie for "no trigger pull takedown" when the Ruger American did this 4 years prior without having to remove the entire striker assembly

It weighs the same as a compact 1911. The weight is within reason and helps with recoil.

>Beretta PX4 and the Grand Power can be got for around the same price.

The draw of the RAP is the XM17 modular design, and the fact it's overbuilt like the old P89. The PX4 and GP100 are excellent options too.

Attached: Ruger American Compact.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

>The draw of the RAP is the XM17 modular design, and the fact it's overbuilt like the old P89. The PX4 and GP100 are excellent options too.

The RAP also has a "patent-pending" barrel cam. Same idea as the PX4's rotating barrel. That combined with the 4 ounces extra mass make it a pretty nice shooter.

As an owner, I'm mostly happy with the takedown being excellent, and the whole thing practically no-cleaning no-lube required

Attached: rugera9.jpg (1260x840, 254K)

ruger american sadly has a few recalls

look at security 9 instead

or even sr9 sr9c if you can find a new 1

>ruger american sadly has a few recalls

After 10,000+ rounds there's a peening issue with the original barrel on the 9mm's which can become a problem in thousands rounds more

Free nitriding of your barrel with the fix

Or just buy one with the black barrel

Security 9 and SR9 are also excellent choices

It’s a fine handgun, but there are far better options like the Glock 19 and CZ P-10c. Honestly if you’re looking for an affordable striker fired polymer handgun and you aren’t carrying either a Glock or a P-10 then you’re doing something wrong.

Bought it on a gut feeling years back, disappointed R hasn't put out more parts or a longer barrel yet, haven't been disappointed yet. If I had the chance to buy again I'd be tempted by a glock for sheer options available.

Attached: IMG_20170622_195923_1498175980837.jpg (1920x1080, 725K)

looks cooler

Nobody said the American is a bad pistol, it just has no good reason to exist in 2019. It's one real feature is that it's the only .45 Ruger sells that doesn't have massive design problems. The aftermarket never really materialized for them either. Barrel swaps would make it a more interesting choice. The prices are still up around $400 in my area but if you can actually get one for $250 it's a brilliant option if you were looking at a Taurus.

There are plenty of no-trigger takedowns, the SR's being among of them. I have no idea why it even remotely matters to people with functioning frontal lobes. The journalists that praise such a basic design choice are just fishing for things to say about a pistol that's already been made 500 times.

>it just has no good reason to exist in 2019
>It's on par with everything else
>No major issues

Same with the APX, but the Ruger is CHEAP.

I don't see the fullsize APX going for 250$ on sale. Even the compact is 40$ cheaper than Beretta's compact APX.