Handgun General - /hg/ - #304

Funky music edition.

Do you listen to music while you train, /hg/? If so, what?

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Git Gud Guide:
mega.nz/#!86AmzYaA!Z88rBjdIcBeTitTrOLX08LFjqKVzLmUpAWRaUEnyO0Y

Attached: Funky Music.jpg (2487x2125, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UzjgOq60vFE
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previous:

GO FUCK YOURSELF

Attached: E580D1E8-9E7D-4121-BFC3-A7CA69B0D596.jpg (4032x3024, 3.27M)

are you a worser timeshares?

Attached: filco keyboard.jpg (2400x1600, 1.39M)

Hey from last thread. I asked about the cheetah and the compact cougar.

Which is more comfortable to shoot? I personally love the fullsize cougar and prefer 9mm but I've heard the cheetah shoots 380 like butter and that stoegar parts are hard to find.

Attached: Cougar9001.jpg (800x600, 451K)

I'm also looking for a new full size 9mm between a cougar, 92a1, and a cz 75 sp-01.

>Do you listen to music while you train,
I haven't been to the range in months and I never bothered connecting my howard leights to my phone then. I think I prefer the silence out in the desert. It's very soothing

Attached: Hold Your Colour.jpg (1500x1000, 426K)

ARE YOU GUYS BUYING A YEET CANNON TOO?!

shooting 380 with a cheetah isn't terribly special
there's less recoil than shooting it out of a pocket pistol but it's not terribly different from shooting 9mm out of a fullsized gun

Probably the Cheetah. It's been about a year since I shot my 8000 but I remember it not being as soft shooting as my PX4. I don't know if I'd call the Cheetah particularly soft for a .380 either because it's direct blowback, but it's not unpleasant like a lot of .380s and 9 maks because it's heavier and easier to hold than a .380 pocket gun. They're probably pretty similar.

I'll try to go shooting tomorrow and bring both ok? Standby.

92A1 would be my pick from those 3, but they're all great and if you found any one of them to be preferable over the others you'd be golden.

Attached: 84bbq.jpg (1800x1200, 1.03M)

The whole CZ75 range is fantastic in my experience, and they have better ergos than the Beretta, to me at least. I have not handled or shot the Cougar though.

Look at this duuuuude
Oh no no no
HHHHHHHHHAHAHHAHAHA
He tried it.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
youtube.com/watch?v=UzjgOq60vFE

Attached: trijicon-SRO-1-drop.jpg (1032x1401, 125K)

>seven hundred and fifty dollars

Attached: 1394435024097.png (500x335, 195K)

that's pretty cool.

Attached: installed.jpg (598x336, 63K)

Man I'm feeling super discouraged about my shooting ability lately. I just can't seem to develop the muscle memory of a proper trigger pull, I've been dry firing lot lately and sometimes I can get it just right but other times I can see the muzzle noticeably jump a little bit when the trigger breaks.

Attached: 1547171565872.jpg (1024x768, 251K)

should I buy a desert eagle?

Attached: Boomer+raikou+and+zoomer+shuten_b33ac5_7023097.jpg (1200x1000, 214K)

Attached: 1517110005532.gif (800x340, 1.05M)

Anyone ever shot a LC380?

It seems like one of the smaller options on California's "approved" handgun roster (may fuck be upon it). How much thinner is it than a Glock 26?

Attached: 3253.jpg (475x360, 41K)

Funk*

Only if you have enough money to spend 2,000$ on a toy, and 1,000$ on ammo for it

I want a deagle in 22.

Look up proper grip. Shoot isosceles. Fondle a bunch of pistols at your LGS, just to see if it's a grip issue. Get some snap caps and do ball-and-dummy.

What kind of pistol are you shooting?

Is it rated for duty use? He didn't say.

What's with this handgun / record meme?

>A reputable and knowledgable instructor throroghly reviewed a new product.
Ok...

Hey, looks good to me. If it actually is a meme we should make a thread for it.

Complete and utter faggotry by wannabe Jow Forumsardashians

Unless it is an *ahem* Big Gun.

Trip Faggot go away

Why do i shoot striker fired pistols better than DA/SA? Even in SA mode i always shoot low and to the right with cz75’s, berettas etc. but with glocks and m&p’s i’m dead on?

Hello friends. Anyone have experience with Bar-Sto barrels? How much fitting might be required and how much will that cost? Should I spring to have the barrel nitrided? Turnaround time?

Attached: X5lkbx0.jpg (4032x3024, 3.16M)

>Bar-Sto barrels
For what gun?

P229 in 357 Sig, possibly P220 in 10mm

Forgot to add, they would be extended and threaded barrels for comps

Sorry, no experience with that. I've only gotten a semi fit 1911 barrel from Bar-Sto and it was nearly drop-in. Top quality barrel tho.

He absolutely did tho

Do you want to have fun converting money into lead? Don't get the .429 btw. You can easily shoot .357 and not go broke but everyone will laugh at your small penis if you don't get the .50AnalEvacuator.

Attached: 1553462303559.jpg (897x1121, 186K)

I'm not sure, I'll have to watch again.

Funnily he didn't specify for any of the other plinking or competition optics he's dropped like the Venom, Deltapoint or the others.

>that's the joke.jpg

Any issues with pic related? Can it reliably feed higher pressure loads?

Attached: CZ 75 wood grips.jpg (2048x1152, 623K)

No and yes.

Well, got my EC9s boxed up and the shipping label from Ruger attached. Hopefully it'll get back to me before I head off on a trip in mid July.

That said, I was looking at Ruger's pistol line-up. Why did they make the American series when they already have the SR series?

My full size has eaten everything I've fed it, up to NATO 124 grain and +P. I don't handload though, so if you're pushing crazy high velocities you may wanna beef up your springs.

No handloads for me, mostly just what you referenced. How many rounds have you fired? What parts wear the fastest?

I've got a pre-B. I've fed it hot rounds that caused an MP5 to malfunction. The Czechs may not be the lords of finish but it's probably because they gave ruggedness the priority instead.

A guy at the range had a Sig P365 and offered to let me shoot it, WOW that's a low recoiling gun for something that small! I just finished with my 1911, my soft workless hands were shaking from fighting recoil, and the P365 stacked them in there. I think I gotta get one...

Also I put another ~350 rounds through my TX22 and had 2 more soft feeding failures and 1 hard jam I had to eject the mag, bringing the total to 2 hard malfunctions and 4 soft feeding jams out of ~1,600 rounds. Still not too bad!

Ok! I shot them back to back back and forth today, here's what I think.

With Fiocci .380 ammo (average weight and velocity, idk specs otoh) in the 84BB and 124gr Winchester NATO in the 8000, the recoil force is roughly the same BUT the 84BB is noticeably sharper where the 8000 has a much more prolonged recoil impulse making it nicer to shoot. Same force in the hand, one is faster and one is slower.

With 115gr weaksauce Remington ammo in the 8000 it's no contest, the 8000 was way tamer. Almost felt like .22 level of recoil and I don't think I've ever said that, I was surprised, maybe that's an exaggeration but that's what my brain told me. Very mild and pleasant!

So in either case the 8000 is more pleasant to shoot and the 84BB is more snappy. I also shot my Remington RM380 with a camming barrel to doubleczech that barrel type and even though that's a smaller lighter gun with a smaller grip, it also felt very minutely milder than the 84BB or perhaps about the same. Again about the same actual recoil force, but not as harsh despite it's much smaller size and lighter weight.

None of the guns were particularly flippy or unpleasant, just the 84BB was very fast cycling. It's possible it needs a new recoil spring, I'll order one anyway and see someday.

Attached: jun 2019 targ.jpg (2200x1467, 538K)

Oops, 10y, rapid fire except the P365 was slow

No significant issues and it can feed them but iirc CZ recommends not using +P often. The most common failure seems to be cracked slide stop levers so that makes sense. You might get away with it for awhile but it's probably a good idea not to fire +P or NATO ammo from it too often.

Ruger is all over the place with their models, they're kind of directionless. They have very many overlapping models as the years go by. They could definitely stand to simplify their lineup.

American was cheaper no?

Thanks a lot Burt, do you think you could conceal the cougar?(it's full-size right?).

I also heard that the few parts for the cougar that aren't interchangeable with the 92's are hard to come by. Is that true?

>Anyone ever shot a LC380?

I have 2 of them for carry :) but strock trigger pull 1" was too much for me so I did galloway kit and now 1/2" well worth it

is $375 a good price for a 1934 Colt Police Positive Special?

Was thinking about getting it to carry to a speakeasy, maybe even turn it into a Fitz special.

Attached: 2b443a7b0f3ea24e5ab738fa9eddc934.jpg (236x295, 15K)

So lads, Ive had my eye in the rhino, but held off because of that stupid seam. but it turns out that the 3 inch model is one solid piece. nice.

But I was surprised that their California import model is SAA? apparently there is an exemption from that import list specifically for SAA revolvers and Chiappa in their infinite wisdom chose to do that instead of just submitting a gun that certainly would pass to the list people. Apparently it is possible to 'put in' the correct parts, but one look at the guts of this thing tells me not to mess with it.

Has anyone actually opened the insides of one of these? I know its simpler then a proper Mateba, but that's not saying much. would a gunsmith be ok with doing that job? its not like its a spooky pistol AR.

Attached: no seam.jpg (2048x1146, 189K)

>in their infinite wisdom chose to do that instead of just submitting a gun that certainly would pass to the list people.
There can be no new handguns added to the roster. The single action exception is the only way to get new production revolvers into the state.

How's the cz 97 compare to other .45s like a Springfield 1911 or an FNX 45? I have a cz 75b and I fucking love it. 97 looks sexy as well and am considering it as my first .45 but I don't know much about it's performance.

Attached: 0325151736.jpg (4160x2340, 2.17M)

I can’t remember the last time I had more fun on the range.

Attached: 5AC328F0-307A-4569-AFB2-C8736F2A9A17.jpg (681x4032, 571K)

As a longtime CZ-97 owner, I cannot recommend them enough. They're fucking huge, and the aftermarket isn't great, but they're reliable and soft-shooting. I'd post video of mine, but I'm having CGW do a bunch of work on it. Only downside is the lack of extended magazine options. Some people have managed to fit Tanfoglio +2 baseplates on to standard mags.

If you like the 75, you'll really like the 97,

>the micro stamping requirement.
ok yeah, from what i've read, that applys to semi-automatics, and revolvers can be added. they sure as hell are not adding many i can tell you that. I know its the gun companys simply not wanting to offer the microstamping options because of 'snap into effect' gun laws in some places, but revolvers are don't even need them.

Attached: CA.jpg (1065x965, 254K)

furthermore, chiappa has zero guns on the roster, and was never removed, they simply bypassed the whole thing by doing the SAA thing. IDK how much it could cost to get on the list, or if it could take years, but this has left me with trying to figure out the insane mechanics dreamed up by an Italian pastamaker all on my own.

Attached: CA 2.jpg (891x293, 35K)

>california has a specific list of legal firearms
Holy shit, really? I knew California was a communist country, but I didn't realize shit was that bad.

>Ha-ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, never mention CA gun laws in your question on Jow Forums!
atm its for buying 'new' handguns, presented to the public as a 'safety test' but really is just a mechanism to introduce means of increasing end user costs via supply side limitations. company's rarely want to make a whole lot of 'special' CA guns, so the price reflects that. the goal being that with buy backs and regular attrition, the total number of guns will decrease. a very sneaky end run that even the liberals don't even appreciate that is happening.

the truth is the biggest company's are ok with it, because they can afford to have lots of dead stock laying around if they make too many. small guys can have problems, and I guess Chiappa figured they'd just skip it all?

IDK maybe the conversation to SAA is just a drop in like it its implied and they can just pull a regular one from the rack and send it to CA on demand. that's kinda what i'm asking.

There's another method to single action exemption without having to fiddle with it mechanically

It's essentially a lock that goes covers the trigger so you can only pull it in single action. Then after it gets DROS'd you just take that shit off. There are a few CA FFLs who'll do it, but I don't know many.

Attached: b3f14309ba9989f35225f528eeb53f4d.jpg (479x640, 48K)

No.

damn how’s that fun? I want to walt her but I hardly know her

92A1 brother I’ll be buying an M9A1 soon

I'd say go for it

Attached: 1561071224051.jpg (1200x1283, 231K)

Still patiently waiting for the CZ P-10 sub compact to pick up production. Do we have any idea when the hell CZ's gonna get off their asses?

Do I really need tritium sights on a carry gun? I just bought a cz p-01 and like it enough to carry it, but finding good tritium sights is a pain in the ass. (I'm a glockfag so I'm spoiled) I plan on carrying this in the winter in the southeast so itll be dark pretty much all the time im not at work, i also don't really have any plans to put a light on it.
>what do HG?
>any suggestions for sights?
>any technical differences i need to look out for?
assembly wont be a problem, im no gunsmith but i work in other machining trades and the process is straight forward.

They're building guns as fast as their little Czech hands will go. Too many contracts and not enough skilled labor. Nobody in eastern europe is as efficient since Uncle Stalin kicked the bucket.

Just buy some glow-in-the-dark paint.

It has glow in the dark sights on it now, but after an hour or so tucked inside a shirt they dont glow worth a shit and even in dimly lit hallways i cant make them out. it would literally be cheaper for me to buy a tlr7 than a set of sights from what ive found available. thanks for the suggestion.

Get a pocket flashlight and fiber sights.

You’re meant to use glow-in-the-dark sides by charging them with a flashlight immediately before engagement.

dumb af question but i can put a smaller m2.0 slide on my fde frame, right?

Attached: 20190604_153601(1).jpg (1936x2583, 651K)

yeah

cz82
cz52
cz75b high polish ss
cz pcr
~1935 fn hi-power
mr73

judge me

Attached: 1542772735582.jpg (464x606, 37K)

fuck forgot to list my dw pointman 45

Attached: 1532982368713.gif (400x400, 1.4M)

Ordered a shadow 2 from buds.

How bad did I fuck up?

>Shadow 2
You didn't. I'd rather have a stock 75 that's been modded and tuned, but Shadows are good guns if you want to, say, shoot USPSA production division.

Should I buy a new p229 stainless elite for $700? Never had a sig before

is a high quality 1911 with a trigger job the best trigger I can get in a defensive caliber handgun?

yes. next question

Attached: dw (2).jpg (2415x1811, 1.2M)

no dude. what attracts you to it?

Attached: DSC_0494-min.jpg (6000x4000, 1.62M)

>kidney bean trigger area/guard

Cannot unsee

should have gotten an original sp01 shadow from either CGW or CZCUSTOM

>CZCUSTOM
in Arizona?

Went to their shop and they wouldn't show me a shadow 2 or accushadow 2 or be willing to take an order.

>SIG announces P320 X-Five Legion
I just want to kill myself.

Attached: 1F93E9CF-F332-4DDB-96CD-0E8B55220A0F.jpg (826x700, 65K)

Yes.

Yes, definitely. Don’t listen to the CZoy.

the CZoy would recommend a legion over that faggot shit he asked about

It's your decision. I want to have full blown tritium on my carry guns, my P-01 has Meprolight sights.

You're supposed to charge GITD sights just before you use them, you give a blast from a flashlight and then get to work.

The trigger is great but otherwise it's okay.

The 5" and 4.25" frames should be the same, or are you asking if you can put an M2.0 slide on an old frame?

>no .22
wtf is wrong with you?

Pretty much, though you can get 95% of the way there for a tiny fraction the money with stuff like a CZ P10C, Grand Power or Walther P99.

That's about as good a price as it gets, is that a gun you particularly want?

belly david?

I want to get into 10mm, but im having trouble choosing a pistol
in a more perfect world i would just buy a SW1007 and be done with it, but SW doesnt make them any more and gun broker is showing them all above 1k
my budget is about $800 and i have no specific role in mind for it but to have some fun at the range. that being said, if i do choose to carry it, being able to without being 400lbs would be nice

Attached: 407.jpg (505x490, 38K)

/gq/ doesn't like to talk about holsters anymore what about you guys? Just want a decent drop leg holster that isn't $200 like a Safariland.

Nicer Tanfoglio, Glock, if you can find a Star Megastar on gb.

If your budget is that low you're kind of limited to a glock 20 or 40.

>Star Megastar
Speaking of which, guess what I bought yesterday?

Attached: The Myth, The Legend, The Megastar .jpg (2940x1960, 3.27M)

$375 for a nearly mythical 10mm with three magazines included. Not too bad.

Weighs 3lb 2oz empty and is built like a tank. I've wanted one for years and one just fell into my lap unexpectedly. It was a good day.

Attached: STAR MEGASTAR 10MM.jpg (3416x2827, 2.9M)

You seriously can’t be this retarded. The Stainless Elite is the exact same thing as the Legion, but with actual aesthetics instead of that shitty Tier 1 Operator Gray finish.
>b-b-but muh grayguns’ trigger!!
Enjoy paying $400 extra for a marginally better trigger, fag. Why do CZoys think their opinion matters when they can’t even dry fire their guns without the spring snapping?

I like it