Home defense idea sprinklers connected to gasoline tank

So I had this idea told to me, want to know your input on this.

So you would have a bunch of sprinklers installed about 50 ft out from your house (which would be steel roof, and made of brick for obvious reasons.), maybe 3 layers think, each one spread out 50ft from each other, in a large circle, overlapping each other, covering the access road from the main road.

Lets say the Shit as in fact in the fan and a group of looters decide to crash the gate and make a mad dash for your fortress.

They spread out, You hit a button, sprinklers come on, hit another button and the line starts to feed from a large underground tank of gasoline.

Wait 5-10 seconds, shut off feed, then fire flare gun into gasoline vapors, now the road, and a large circle around your fort is a hellish inferno.

Now, I want to hear possible things that would undermine the benefits of this system.

Your take on this devilishly simple idea?

Attached: concept rifle.jpg (1063x752, 121K)

Retarded, because gasoline goes bad

Yes, but this is to be used for flame throwing, not use in an engine.

It’ll still separate and turn into useless crap. Especially if you store it in an underground, unmaintained tank.

Plus, there’s the fact that you’re setting your yard on fire, that’s just the height of retardation when you can just shoot the fucker

You'd have to pressurize the gas for it to actually squirt out of the sprinklers. Water in the average household is stored in the pipes at 30-60 psi.

If you can do that, and regularly (ie once every 4-6 months) bleed the system and replace the gas, it could work imo.

>Plus, there’s the fact that you’re setting your yard on fire, that’s just the height of retardation when you can just shoot the fucker

The yard will be a dead zone, and this is against mobs.

How about two tanks, one bleach, one ammonia.
That way if a tank leaks its not you know a bomb.
Plus you make a death cloud of mustard gas. Throw one switch two sprinkler heads start pouring death.

Also sounds like your gonna burn your house down unless you got an "estate"

tank would be servieable.

What is smoke inhalation?

This would be out in the country, lots of land.

House would be tight, with filter, with air.

No it won’t be

>devilishly simple idea
This is why jews farm your species and nations

Attached: 3FB19864-C627-4AB8-9F97-164F5271661F.jpg (538x725, 160K)

>pressurized gasoline lines running through all your walls
>a gasoline reservoir and pump system in your basement
oh yeah this sounds brilliant

It would not be in the basement, it would be in a outlaying brick based shed....God, are you that much of an NPC?

>bringing up NPC out of nowhere
oh boy

Attached: 1558476547315.png (492x565, 434K)

Kerosene or heating fuel would be better. Still plenty flammable, and also more useful for heating and cooking, and also usable in diesel engine vehicles. Doesn't turn to enamel, less likely to absorb water, so better longevity. A bit harder to ignite.

Could a flare gun set it off?

Nigga you dont know what kerosene is?

Bleach and ammonia makes low grade chlorine gas, not mustard gas retard.

Dead is dead with gas attacks, but I miss spoke thank you for the correction

I've always wanted to pipe a sprinkler system to pressurized gasoline. Ever since I was a child.
I settled for a flamethrower.

Not really. Dead in twenty minutes is way different than dead in twenty seconds

Have you?

That shit kicks off and no ones staying around, might not kill but it will clear the area long enough for them to go get masks.
Give you long enough to do anything you want

>my eyes, mouth, and lungs are burning and I can't see three feet in front of me thanks to coughing, weezing, and tears.
>guess I'll just go kill the guy in his house cause I've still got 19 minutes lol

Attached: 1502604228519.png (1053x654, 573K)

Yeah, pretty much

Check out spark gap igniters. These would work well in this set up for starting up the flame when you want it to go up

Also, they would figure that if you have chemical weapons, then you’d probably have stuff to treat exposure in your fortress.

What the fuck would i keep to take care of chlorine gas attack in my house.
>water to pour into your eyes?
>maybe an oxygen tank for your lungs?
Naa man they would bail, also the scenario is a horde/raiding party do you think it will be full of right thinking Jow Forumsomandos, or ex-military nbc trained troops?

Water and soap, yes.
Besides that, it’s not whether you do or not. It’s a matter of the perception

Id run the fuck away, I dont know about you.
Anyone willing to use chemical weapons on me is willing to shoot me if im wounded.... yeah id run away, there are softer targets out there.

That’s just it you fucking numpty. You don’t KNOW what you got hit with. So for all you know, you might die in ten minutes. Better rush the house to see if there’s an antidote/treatment available. Or you know, because “with my last breath I spit at thee”

Naaaaaa gas attack makes people run away. "I have to get away" is the most likely thought

Guys...This thread is going great.

Yes. They run away.
To the place that might be able to help them.
The place that probably has treatment available.
The place that’s a couple hundred feet away.
The place that contains “that fucker who gassed me”

Yes, actually. Talking about it in fourth grade is probably why I was watched by the school counselor, among other things.
Fuck that cunt though, I have guns and a flamethrower now.

>pneumatic airtight blast doors and windows
>run to your panic room
>put on the scuba mask
>let them inside and seal the air
>flood house with argon or some such cheap bulk inert gas

Ok well the blind coughing up blood guy will be easy to down so win win anyhow.

I know right were great conversationalist huh?

Except he’s not blind and coughing, because chlorine gas takes time to effect people. And it takes more time until you get to the debilitating effects. And even then, that’s if you have right and proper gas, not a couple sprinklers chucking out bleach and ammonia

Obviously youve put a lot of thought into this. Your defense system is 50 ft out. You're plan is to "know" when people are in range, hit a button, wait for the sprinklers to prime which takes my sprinklers about 5-10 seconds, let it run for 5-10 seconds, shut it off, aim and fire a flare gun, say 3 seconds. people run at about 20 feet per second so by the time you've set your lawn on fire and cut off any escape for yourself, I'd say the assailants would be halfway done looting your house and loading marshmallows on sticks.

>I'd say the assailants would be halfway done looting your house and loading marshmallows on sticks.
Nah man, it's like hotel california.

There used to be a biker house that was set up like this. The large gas tank in the garage was used to fuel up a whole pack at a time. It had a separate line that ran to a sprinkler system that just happen to point at the most likely place to command a raid turned stand off. They had bottle rockets not flare guns. It was interesting growing up around outlaws but am glad my kids don't know that world. I'm honest and boring, my dad and buddies will die in prison. Meh.

50 ft from house, 150-300 ft wide, plan would have motion detectors, as well is a free trip wire flares.

>There used to be a biker house that was set up like this. The large gas tank in the garage was used to fuel up a whole pack at a time. It had a separate line that ran to a sprinkler system that just happen to point at the most likely place to command a raid turned stand off. They had bottle rockets not flare guns. It was interesting growing up around outlaws but am glad my kids don't know that world. I'm honest and boring, my dad and buddies will die in prison. Meh.

Any stories?

I second the other guy. If I'm about to shitstomp some guys house and all of the sudden his sprinklers start spraying random chemicals, I'm getting the fuck out and running to the nearest water source to decon.

Unless you're a middle eastern fag you're milked harder than the entirely of America's existence combined. You had once change to free yourself in the 40s and squandered it away.

why not just set up a tesla coil from red alert and zap them to death

You'd be committing arson and they would most likely just walk away, but yes it would work.

>mobs
Is this what we are calling the people of surplus pigmentation now?

dont do this, just entertaining the thought.

if this house were made the yards would be covered in dark stones. grass and plants would go on fire, stones dont. instead of gasoline id use ethanol as it burns clear and would be easier to spray. in the day your yard could be on fire and other than the heat, you wouldnt know.

Layers of concertina wire would be far cheaper, easier to install, easier to maintain, and more effective desu

Attached: c00-734.jpg (600x471, 52K)

Light screens (motion detectors used in plc)
When it’s broken it sends a signal to the controller to begin another action to another auxiliary box and all it needs to do is connect a circuit to a ground cable connected to something so it’ll short out and ignite whatever you like but for this example how about some home made napalm and bb size pieces of magnesium in a container with a short fuse from a firecracker or something like that

Attached: 017FB785-2BA5-4731-925F-92EC4E55E209.png (750x1334, 918K)

Not seeing what this accomplishes that a hand grenade wouldn't

>Your take on this devilishly simple idea?
Wasteful.

You want to kill a group of looters when they cross enter your property? Make a bunc of tannerite claymores and wire the detonators to a set of switches in your house.
>Probably cheaper
>Don't have to worry about the fuel going bad
>No delay while the system spools up, sprays the fuel, vapourises, wait for you to fire the igniter
>A pressurised sprinkler system is going to be more work to maintain than claymores+electric wiring
>You can selectively detonate each sector as the targets pass through it
>You can lay multiple waves of explosives - the targets can't just wait for the gas to burn off and then charge again because they don't know how many mines you planted and how many times you can keep flicking the switch
>Less chance of damaging your property and any surrounding crops etc

You want area denial?
Dig a bunch of trenches, fill them with spikes and lay some netting+turf over the top.
>Cheaper
>Easiest to maintain
>Doesn't rely on you flicking switches and firing flares - still works when you're asleep or away
>No delays - they step on the pit, their foot gets spiked
>Make the pits deep and wide and they'll stop vehicles
>Sure, small pits can be avoided by checking the ground and large pits can be forded with a few planks or shit but that'll slow them down just as much as waiting for some gas to burn off.

Sulphuric acid is better.

Gas turns into varnish real quickly, sprinklers rely on water pressure.

Gasoline will simply mist out of.sprinklers

Go up to an old Honda Civic with a b16a swap in it and yank one of the nozzles connected to the sliver aluminum bar and you'll see how fine fuel comes out of an Injector which is literally just an electronic sprinkler

It’s a great idea OP, I don’t see a problem.

>Is this what we are calling the people of surplus pigmentation now?
Y E E T

Just put a shitload of pepper spray in the tank on high pressure so it sprays a mist everywhere

anyone in the area with their eyes open will start flailing around in pain and be effectively blinded for at least 10 mins

unlike gas, this wouldn't ruin your lawn as much

Summer plus go

>>mobs
>Is this what we are calling the people of surplus pigmentation now?

It ryhems with NOGS for a reason.

Russians did it in WW1.

Attached: Attack of the Dead Men.jpg (2000x1200, 587K)

You're absolutely right in every regard, and it screams
>I have lots of good shit
Which is exactly why a place full of wire would get raided first.

I think you should just construct sentry guns. Sentry guns that won't shoot at anything with the right transponder.

This retard wants to shoot gas on his lawn...do you think he is smart enough to bring his transponder every time he leaves the house?

>windy day
>rip OP

Delivery of flammable material would definitely work.
Combustion would be limited by external factors, namely rain or wet ground.

However, if it did indeed combust, the fire would likely damage your delivery system, and you would need to have combustable material, like dry wood to maintain the fire long enough to be effective. (although gasoline drenched looters are a good flammable material)

A quick, hot, flash of heat is scary and intimidating, the immediate burst could also incapacitate the looters, but without continued burning it would lost effectiveness.

On the topic of effectiveness, lets consider the comparable effectiveness of pressurized gasoline to other "deterrents".

Gasoline and other flammable fluids are liquids, and are not compressible.
So storage is limited to how much capacity your storage tank holds.
Why not instead use a flammable gas that could ignite flammable material on the ground, or use concrete walls to form funneled choke points into your spouts of burning gas (spewing gas like a flamethrower).

implying I would LEAVE my house post SHTF.

I think it would be easier to just set an ignition system on the exits of the sprinklers hooked up to a piezo or something. Basically just bury a bunch of flamethrowers in your lawn and make sure you have a very wide fireproof ring around your house, and that the wind isn't blowing.

>doesn’t give any details
>leaves everything to the imagination
>hurr durr you npc
A high wall and several lines of razor wire are better ideas than whatever retardation you vomited into this thread while taking a shit

A better defense in some kind of post-apocalypse is one that implies the area is both hazardous and is likely to remain so without any visible active component.

For example, intentionally having one very easily accessible external door with the grass and plants near it poisoned (table salt would work), and ensuring the rooms directly behind that entry point have a dangerously high amount of CO2 fed into them is something that would dissuade looters very strongly. Plus, it's cheap to maintain and isn't flashy in a way that screams "I'm a well-maintained trap."