CA Gun Buyer

Hey lads, so I have a slightly interesting situation -
I turned 18 recently and naturally was excited about buying my first rifle (going for a Marlin 336 but open to suggestions, something both cheap enough for target shooting and deer, I don't hunt but would like to sometime in the near future)

Anyways, the deal is I live in Cali and as I recently found out the age to buy a long gun is now 21...I fucking hate this state, It has always been 18 so I never even doubted the notion that I could buy a f u d d r i f l e as a legal adult. Anyways, say my dad were to buy the rifle then just hand it to me the next day, would I be able to legally own/possess/carry it to the range? From my understanding rifles can be transferred to family members no problem, no paperwork, no gov't bureaucracy bullshit, and I can still own a rifle at the age of 18. Am I correct here - really dont want to fuck this up. If anyone here has experience with this in Cali please I would love some confirmation.

Link where I got the above information

oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#1

Attached: redn3ck1.jpg (477x316, 26K)

Straw purchases are illegal but not necessary unethical

Attached: products-57e225f055f319311824153a98b85149.jpg (1280x800, 46K)

How is my specific case illegal - I can own the gun legally, just not purchase it, correct? So the purchase is legal, and the gifting of the gun is also legal, right? If not please explain.

Straw purchase is the purchase of a weapon with the intent of giving it to someone else. Doesn't matter if they're legally allowed to own the weapon, it's the straw purchase which is illegal. The user above you has a valid point. Unless the legal language specifically forbids purchasing firearms, you are able to buy a stripped AR lower, which is generally transferred as neither a pistol nor a rifle but instead just a firearm. From that point you may convert it to either a rifle or pistol legally on your own.

you cannot buy a gun under 21, but ownership is different. I might be wrong but if someone were to transfer a firearm to you that should be legal. However if your dad were to buy the gun and then just give it to you without transferring it through an ffl then that is illegal.

>From my understanding rifles can be transferred to family members no problem, no paperwork, no gov't bureaucracy bullshit
pretty sure thats not true
everything in ca goes through ffl and requires paperwork

im not saying a dad gifting a son something doesnt happen. just that its illegal and nobody cares

Hey Im as white as the motherfucking sheets your fucking whore ass lays on...

When was the age requirement changed to 21 in CA?

>When was the age requirement changed to 21 in CA?
As of Jan. 20, 2019 the law took effect

> the gifting of the gun is also legal, right?
transfer requires paperwork your trying to do so without it.

Don't comply, buy something nice, avoid gun posts on social with you or your armory photographed, turn 21, keep avoiding social media

Here you go, straight from the CA DOJ's website (link in OP)
Doesn't this say that transfer is legal and no documentation is required?

Attached: ca-firearm-transfer.png (807x438, 78K)

I plan to, my friend. I don't even have a Jow Forums account

>no documentation is required?
click the blue link
thats paperwork and documentation right there

Two blue links, my friend.
1st is list of those barred from gun ownership (Im not yet a registered sex offender)
2nd is for the transfer of a H A N D G U N, and as I clearly stated I am talking about a long gun.

doesnt matter that its a longgun theres still a form for transfering firearms
used to be only pistol and you need a hsc
now its all firearms hsc dont exist its now the fsc.
the website is out of date/partially updated

if you click the link its for firearms not just pistols

Thank you very much, that was quite informative.
Yes haha, I did click on the link just after my last post (should have held my tounge).

So, let me get this straight -
Once again, there is nothing strictly illegal with this process, correct?
Assuming that following my father's purchase of the rifle I mail the form to the whatever fuckyou bureau I need to, and that I get an FSC (which I believe is a short multiple-choice autism test I can take at any dealer's starting from the age of 18), I can legally own the gun and take it to the range and all that?

im going to be honest if it was last year id say yeah your good with that process but i havent kept up with 2019s new shit. they might have added extra steps. go ask calguns

Thank you guys, you pointed out some things I missed. I'm was going to call my local gun shop to verify, didn't want to sound retarded.

It's OK user, there is no amount of retard you could be that can out do the rest of your state.
BTW, if it's not a cali thing, someone can buy you a gun, and give it to you provided it's a gift you didn't reimburse them for.
If you pay them to get you the gun, THAT is a straw purchase, which, is illegal everywhere.

80% lower, drop in trigger and a PSA upper of your choosing, it’s gonna be a bitch to get ammo after July though. Fellow CalAnons, what are our chances of that bullshit ammo law getting successfully challenged in court? I heard that the 9th circuit isn’t as liberal as it used to be

Attached: 61BB9406-38D9-4867-B5DE-6C943DECAC3F.jpg (500x478, 74K)

80% still requires paperwork in cali your supposed to apply for a serial number if you want to own it legally

You can do it, just make your dad hold on to it for at least 3-4 months, have him shoot like 50 rounds just to be safe and make the transfer after said 3-4 Months at gunstore

Well if you want to comply then do that but if you don’t just buy the fuckin lower, mill it out and don’t tell anyone. Shit in some places in this state the police won’t even bother you for non compliant shit at the range

>t. CenCal

OP, first thing is first:
LEARN THE CA CLUSTERFUCK LAWS.
If there’s one state where you need to be able to have the gun laws memorized for the most part, it’s california. Trust me, get the infuriation out of the way first. Once you have a good grasp of the state’s many retarded laws, you’ll be better off with navigating what you need to do and not do. Not to mention it’ll solidify your seething hate for CA politics.

This, there are plenty of ways around laws and, depending on where you live, the local law enforcement may not even bother to enforce those laws (unless you’re a cholo subhuman or methhead). If you’re unfortunate enough to live in one of the major metro shitholes then I would suggest following the law to a T, especially if you want to take it to the range.

First of all, fuck anyone from California. But secondly your dad could probably buy it and keep it in his name until hes 21 then transfer it to you. Personally I'd go for a .45-70 for memes

You are correct. Your dad can buy it for himself because he heard you talking good about it. Once he gets it he could decide that is not up to par with what you were saying and gift it to you via intrafamily transfer.

He can't just buy it for you because you can't yourself. That is illegal.

A straw purchase by definition is when you buy on behalf of someone who is legally not allowed to (e.g. a minor).
A bona fide gift to a family member however is not a straw purchase

Interfamily transfers are exempt from age restrictions.

So its legal/illegal depending on how you phrase it.
Am only really worried about taking it to the range - I'm 18 and am legally allowed to go and shoot, and they would have no way of knowing where I got the gun, just that I have it and there is nothing illegal about that. Still kinda sp00ked tho :P

Alright guys
CAL Gunstore user here
OP in question can buy any long gun provided he has a hunting license
Inbf muh cuck laws
In California we just deal with it
Either take an online course then a one day follow up
Or burn a weekend doing a standard 2-day hunters education course

Edit**** you can be 18 and buy/ own
Long guns with a valid hunting License
So OP would to buy a. We one each year to keep himself current until he’s 21