Air Militia

What would be some viable civilian aircraft that could be turned into fighters and interceptors aside from legit surplus aircraft? Something that could counter helicopters and drones with an on-board armament.

Attached: 800px-375th_Fighter_Squadron_North_American_P-51D-5-NA_Mustang_44-13926.jpg (800x606, 49K)

None.
Literally none.

If you only need to counter helicopters it could easily be done.

Attached: 13B653A2-1CDB-4CD0-B982-8EF0187AFE9C.jpg (1200x728, 307K)

You would have better luck designing and building your own plane. People build some surprisingly crazy one off planes. Engines remain the biggest issue, powerful piston engines are long out of production, even the most basic turbines are outrageously expensive to buy as there is little competition.

you will never only need to counter helicopters

this is a bad thread and you should feel bad

Op, literally the only thing you could hope to do is strap some homemade bombs/rockets to any prop planes you could find and send them in as probably 1 time CAS.

>helicopters that can carry air-to-air missiles
>against some chucklefuck in a Super Cub with a bunch of 10/22s slung under the wings

Im not OP and I agree its a bad thread

Well, I didnt expect that he meant advanced attack helicopters, because if you face that, you will face fighter jets too

This, surprisingly.
If you got yourself a copy of the technical data package for the He162 and a supply of J85s or similar youd have a decent shot at a useful high subsonic aircraft.

A Best Buy drone with a clump of M80s taped to it would probably be easiest

The Rajneesh cult was very close to having its own air militia. They already had an airstrip, a fleet of aircraft and they were seriously planning to purchase helicopters and lots of automatic weapons.

Attached: air rajneesh.jpg (1024x713, 463K)

Oh, and they wanted to assassinate the District of Oregon's Attorney and poisoned a small town with salmonella.

Attached: air rajneesh2.jpg (1300x967, 229K)

J85 would be a huge upgrade over bmw 003
Double the thrust at less weight, and enough space to include an afterburner

Otherwise, you might be able to arm small drones with explosives and get helicopters with them

You're 90 years too late OP.

Attached: Crimson_skies_map.png (1536x1038, 248K)

>any if you try hard enough.

I would actually take stock of the most common aircraft then make kits to arm them.

the civilian fleet is better suited as cargo planes, attackers, and bombers.

if you want to fight helicopters and drones,ground based sting missiles are better. for smaller drones a 12ga 00buck or a simple rifle, some drones are slow enough you can shoot them out of the sky.

The absolute best you could do is fiberglass ultralight aircraft with electrical engines. This is all to shrink your radar cross section.

Of course, the only thing you're going to be able to do is harass transports and drones and ONLY if the door gunners are asleep.

I like to think the US balkanized and Alaska just kinda sat around drinking while the mainland burned

Yeah, the main reason I even said J85 is because there are plenty of it and the CJ610 floating about, and they used them on the Me262 replicas. Really the key component here is the capability to build a useful airframe out of non critical materials that can be worked by hand. The other two major pieces of the puzzle to solve are building a monopulse conical scan radar and optical missiles.

Was just playing High Road to revenge last night. So incredibly based

You can't, just get something with bay doors that you can sling door gunners and stingers out of with a three/four man team.

Doesn't matter how well it performs, it matters on how cool it looks.

why not put stinger operators on your bay door slots?

the game that never got the MMO it needed

I would totally support the USA splitting up like that