Jow Forums, how would the organizational structure of an american spaceship + space marines work?

Jow Forums, how would the organizational structure of an american spaceship + space marines work?

Let's suppose we have a space warship, probably equivalent to a modern day transport ship with a helicopter landing pad, light armaments, and complement of marines, but, with the added distinction of being in space and generally being really far away from civilization and top level command, leaving things to on-the-spot decision-making and no phoning home.

How do you decide who is in charge? Do the space marines take orders from the space commander of the space warship? Do they have their own space marine commander? Who dishes out equipment? Do the pilots driving the marines to the surface belong to the marine command structure or the spacy command structure? Does the spaceship have space MP's to arrest space marines?

Attached: Concept_frigate16.jpg (1024x558, 482K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-7sAYbCTmPo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the same way you do it on a boat

TANNIS IS BURNING

the line is "Hiigara is burning."

Tanis is the name of the derelict ship they salvaged to build the mothership. get your fukken lore right.

dude the game is like 40 years old, that guy is in his 60's by now he can't even remember what he had for lunch

>40 years old

20 years old. released in 1999.

all of this information can be found on google within six seconds.

You know Tanis burns in the first after mission cutscene in hw2, right?
Fucking grasshopper.

ok gramps

Captain+XO, Flag Officer if aboard
Command Sections: Chief Gunnery Officer, Sens, Comms, Coxswain, Medical, Logistics, Engineering, Maintenance, Quartermaster/Paymaster, JAG, Watch/Security, etc
>Deck Chiefs and Section Crew: includes "Bridge", CIC, and Small Boat Operations decks
>>Gun/Station Chiefs and Crew
Onboard Marine Command: CO, Liason, staffer CPOs,etc
>Line, Operations, and Special Sections
>>Toons, Squads, Teams
>>Security Team Detachments

Heretics. You have violated our sacred laws with your pitiful reach for the stars, the wrath of K'had Sajuk is upon you.

Attached: OE1JQTH_d.jpg (640x360, 35K)

Stfu nerd.

What's the liason do?

deal with navy pukes and brass so the CO can concentrate on his marines

WRONG BITCH!
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-7sAYbCTmPo

Attached: Zg9uzmXKrwMF26JWpemTRsD9baV5B0sOlTzFf3mc08I.jpg (1240x1754, 255K)

What do the navy pukes do while the marines work?

She was hot. Would fugg.

swab decks, bitch about regs, and lube guns, the normal navy fill-the-time codeword-for-gay BS nobody cares about

deep-sixing bags of shit overboard with deck rigging for mass because none of the goddamn seabees can figure out how the head's built-in incinerator works

Fuck what the navy does, what the fuck do marines do all day??

bitch, lift, spar, and practice ambush each other in the corridors

fuck each other in the butthole, the same thing they already do

marines don't become less gay just because they're in space

It must be horrible to have a bunch of marines infesting your ship all day.

Naval organization. Captain is in charge. The senior officer to the marines on board is subordinate to the Captain. That is really all there is to it.

It would be air force organization. >They fly through air to get to space
>they use rockets, which are an AF asset via missile command
>National Air and Space Intelligence Center at wright patt AIR force base
>early astronauts were AF experimental pilots, not fucking sailors
>AF operates its own space shuttle and sats

Seriously just because its big doesnt make it a boat, there are naval boats smaller than a C-5. Space is an Air Force mission.

Oh lawdy, can you imagine AF trying to run something other than an office?

How would the marines call for fire support from the ship?

Do navy jtacs embed with the marines?

Yeah, but the naval model has been proven to work for multi-month missions, which is what anything interplanetary is going to be like. It might be under the air force, but a naval organization makes more sense.

it's Kharak, fool.

did you ever watch battlestar galactica? kinda like that

If there's a tranny on board then she's in charge, if there aren't any trannies then they'll put a woman in charge. If a US spaceship somehow ends up without any women or trannies on board then there will be a major inquiry and a lot of senior officers will lose their jobs due to accusations of institutional sexism, homophobia, toxic masculinity etc,.

>marines don't become less gay because they're in space
WE GET MORE GAY

Attached: 746.jpg (588x775, 85K)

John Ringo "Vorpal Blade" good book that covers this.

The marines even make space marine jokes until the first Sargent tells them to stop it.

I have the physical book this image is from

I can't remember if it was a comic or rulebook, but I remember the picture.

"Kharak is burning."

The mothership fleet came back from the hypoerspace test to find their adopted planet set on fire by genocidal fucks enforcing a treaty that almost everyone on the planet forgot about and from then on it was Hiigara or bust.

That was the Gaalsien captain in the first couple missions, pic related. That first picture is K'had Sajuk, the prophet/leader of the Gaalsien.

Attached: maxresdefault-2.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

THIS IS NOW A HOMEWORLD THREAD.

God I miss homeworld mods. I loved the autistic fan made ones with blatantly overpowered ships that had bad models like some super dreadnought or maijarin battleship that would just wreck the entire stellar map of enemies.

It felt like god mode.

So in your example, it's essentially a spaceborne LHA. The ship will be commanded by a naval officer, but his mission is to deliver and support the embarked marine detachment on whatever their mission is. Since it's space and supplies are precious, you're not going to be dragging more people than you need around with you.

Wrong, the US already has military space organizations, and they are Navy. And yes, this is real. Look it up.

every single force has a space thing and they're all useless

this is now a karos graveyard thread

Attached: prod_hw_screens_c_10.jpg (414x540, 289K)

yeah but I have an excelsheet that says my country is losing trillions somewhere and that means we are in the lead

Raise your hand if you put the Dog down

Took autistic levels of salvage-frigate-stealing-shit. 2 heavy cruisers, 4 destroyers, 8 mulitbeam frigates, 25 ion cannon frigates. I don’t remember if I had any bombers.

HOMEWORLD TIME, FAGGOTS

Attached: ftskesyowd3mnhadcur7.jpg (1280x854, 76K)

*Hand raised