Ok which one of you LARPERS is this

ok which one of you LARPERS is this

stop it Jow Forums

Attached: Interesting_thing_today.png (1432x804, 765K)

Other urls found in this thread:

katu.com/news/local/oregon-senate-session-canceled-after-militia-threats
oregonfirearms.org/chaos-in-the-legislature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1838_Mormon_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_County_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Corn_Rebellion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_the_Malheur_National_Wildlife_Refuge
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post yfw
>It's finally happening

Attached: 1550347914_oh yeah woo yeah.gif (250x241, 203K)

Not at all. Senators fleeing states to deny quorum has been around since the 19th century.

I'd argue the 17th Century with the English Civil war.

Have threats to use the state police force to bring them back and force a vote been around since then, too? I fucking hope they try.

Attached: woahg.jpg (487x349, 176K)

BOO GAH LOO

GAH

LOO

Attached: Untitled2.jpg (683x768, 107K)

wew

Attached: 1551121184547.jpg (240x210, 6K)

This post reeks of hormone injections

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this, I'm not aware of the order ever being given by a state, or state police actually arresting any of the fleeing representatives, especially since they've now fled to another state where the police has no jurisdiktion.

>The Senate 'Call of the house' procedure was used in the early morning hours of 25 February 1988 by Senator Robert C. Byrd, then the Senate Majority Leader after the minority Republicans walked out in an attempt to deny a quorum.
>Byrd's motion was approved 45-3 and arrest warrants were signed for all 46 Republicans.
>Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Henry K. Giugni and his staff searched the Capitol's corridor and Senate office buildings for absent Senators, and after checking several empty offices, spotted Senator Steve Symms of Idaho, who fled down a hallway and escaped arrest.
>After a cleaning woman gave a tip that Senator Robert Packwood of Oregon was in his office, Giugni opened the door with a skeleton key. Packwood attempted to shove the door closed, but Giugni and two assistants pushed it open.
>Packwood was "carried feet-first into the Senate chamber by three plainclothes officers".

Attached: 1541924533600.png (488x376, 219K)

Attached: RWDS.jpg (720x1198, 219K)

This. They better have enjoyed the Clydeposting while it lasted, because the next successful happening with /ourguy/ will have us laughing 3 times as hard at them.

>“Send bachelors and come heavily armed,” Boquist said. “I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple.”
I like this guy

Forgot pic

Attached: 1554681306375.png (959x771, 657K)

>said guy is retired army special forces with connections the CIA and a pmc that existed outside of the constellis/DoS umbrella
i'm actually hoping oregon goes full retard trying to strongarm this qourum

>Civil War 2 kicks off because of bunch of Republicans flipped the table on a fucking cap and trade bill
This country doesn't deserve to exist in any form.

Everyone's probably gone by now. It takes less than 10 hours to get from west side of the state into Idaho. But I'm gonna keep paying attention for sure

How can you say such a thing? I shouldn't pay more for gas just because they want me to pay a tax on the fucking air.

Sounds more like a John Brown's Raid kind of event if anything.

>rogue
>ninkasi
replace those with Fort George and Boneyard and you got something going.

Attached: pic_002_result-37.jpg (640x526, 64K)

Attached: 1561177011998.gif (500x377, 676K)

Can somebody give a retarded yuropoor a quick rundown?

>This country exists because a bunch of randos flipped their lid about a 2% tax on tea and threw it in the harbor
It's a matter of perspective

time to burn a refinery down or something

Attached: mfw.gif (500x350, 1.26M)

Attached: born to fren.jpg (638x676, 74K)

Attached: 1453068770989.png (839x646, 113K)

>

Attached: mfw1.gif (400x303, 1.98M)

Attached: 1519203881831.gif (245x213, 962K)

Attached: MP5 emoji.png (703x625, 732K)

Attached: iraq.gif (659x609, 2.49M)

katu.com/news/local/oregon-senate-session-canceled-after-militia-threats

Attached: 1251153153113.jpg (990x684, 166K)

Attached: tiresomenomore.png (738x466, 627K)

What crime did the senators commit that would warrant the police coming after them?

see? organized violence solves everything

Oregon State Governor and House and Senate are supermajority democrat, so they can basically pass whatever they want. However, for a vote to be considered valid a minimum number of representatives have to vote/be present (called a quorum). The oregon senate has 18 democrat seats, a majority but they still need 20 for a valid vote.

What sometimes happens in this system is when one side wants to obstruct a vote they know will pass, they just refuse to show up to vote at all, see. This has happened a few times in various states in the past. The state legislate/governor usually has the ability to force senators to be present, including under threat of arrest, but the fugitives can cross state lines to stop state police from coming after them.

In this case in oregon the democrats wanted to pass some bills a month ago and the republicans threatened to walk out, eventually both sides came to an agreement; republicans would be present for the vote and promise to not flee in the future, and the democrats would drop some bills, for example a mandatory vaccination one. Now a month later they want to pass a climate change bill, which adds some new taxes and regulations to cars/industry pollution between 2023-2050, the republicans claim this disproportionally harms rural areas and want to bring it to a public vote, the democrats refuse this.

Republican senators have now fled to Idaho and are fined $500 per day and will be arrested if they're found in the state. One senator threatened to shoot any police who came after him and now an armed militia group has been sending threats to the democrats and promises to fight for the fugitives, "at any cost". (See OP)

This is from a fellow euro that has just been reading about the situation because I'm bored. I saw an article saying it's within the powers of the democrat supermajority and governor to eject the fugitives from the senate entirely but I'm not sure if that's legally possible.

oregonfirearms.org/chaos-in-the-legislature

Just the mere threat of violence is enough to get politicians to back down, something the eurofags gave up and now their politicians openly shit all over them.

Attached: Reeeeeeee.gif (400x204, 44K)

Democracy, as intended.

It is worth mentioning that--and I'm not sure if this exists where you folks live--this is part of a much larger tradition of de-facto-sanctioned-obstructionism that plagues our politics for a variety of reasons, all the way up to the top. My theory is that loopholes like this aren't patched out because to deny such a last-ditch method to the opposition would be to deny it to your side in the future when the numbers might be out of your favor.

I'm not even sure it's necessarily a totally -bad- thing, either. Like, I could see it being a really heroic deal to go, "No, I'm not gonna let you abrogate the constitution, I'd rather become a fugitive," but unfortunately it's seldom used for heroism and more often used for... well, stuff like this.

Refusing to play ball.

refusing to play ball with a hand grenade, you mean

>the government that governs least governs best

I figured my contempt for the ball game was implicit. Apologies.

Poe's Law is strongly in effect these days, too many idjits of every stripe everywhere

Attached: 1559590515587.jpg (236x214, 10K)

"Any community that gets its laughs...", all that. We have nobody to blame but ourselves, and no path forward but to correct our mistake.

Attached: 1427682750033.jpg (637x476, 78K)

They're refusing to show up to the senate while it's in session to deny a quorum and Oregons Constitution says that lawmakers can be “compelled” to attend a vote, and allows the governor to call upon police to arrest the missing reps for fleeing their duties

Attached: DirectReflectingGiantschnauzer-small.gif (500x384, 1.06M)

Why do you guys think that this is going to kick off an entire 2nd American Civil War?

Attached: CivilWarUSAColl.png (398x645, 453K)

More "hoping" than "thinking". Something eventually has got to give.

It would certainly be in keeping with the historical tendency for it to be the most petty, stupid, unlikely shit that ends up kicking off terrible wars.

sounds about right

>humans doing dumb shit, and then even dumber shit to resolve it
yep

me on the right

Attached: 1540700518146.gif (410x105, 53K)

DID RUSSIANS CAUSE THIS?

if not then please go ahead. hahahahaha

Attached: 1493574719778.jpg (1200x670, 354K)

Explain

Hypothetically speaking, I feel like most of Jow Forums would be wiped out by both sides because everyone here wants to be a bushwhacker.

This. Oregon has the right kind of people to kick something off. They're the state California pretends to be with liberalism infesting Portland and dictating the law to the rest of the state. The vast majority of Oregonites fucking loathe Portland and would sooner watch it burn than capitulate to the communists running it.

Historical precedent, like said, is always a situation like this. Revolutions always come when the plutocratic/aristocratic few push the populace too far. This entire situation is probably a large wakeup call to the people of Oregon, considering 49.9% of voters voted against the democrats in 2018 and lost the fight by a mere 5k votes.

People like to romanticize and think a state like Texas will be the one to kick it off, but it was always going to be a smaller one. Look at Kansas, Missouri, and Alaska. The states are making moves to protect themselves against the rising tide. If America can still muster itself against tyranny, an incident like this will be the start of something larger. We just have to hope apathy hasn't won, yet.

everyone here, and most everybody else would either be wiped out or living in a pathetic hovel because an American Civil War would be a cataclysm.

Fuck anyone who thinks it'd be a victory march all the way to DC.

Attached: 1560966971152.png (507x523, 795K)

Not him, but it would quite poetically beautiful if the second civil war did start off on the west coast this time, like Oregon is the South Carolina of this century.

I agree. Cascadia is the perfect place for it to kick off - strategically, logistically, ideologically, and poetically. I just hope the people there don't roll over at the last minute. I'll be disappointed if this becomes another Bundy situation.

Just watch the media, even local, to not even say anything about it. I haven't heard of this before.

Bitch Please.

Oregon is cuck central.

Attached: serveimage (2).jpg (1024x881, 165K)

>I'll be disappointed if this becomes another Bundy situation.
If it wasn't meant to make an impact, then it wasn't meant happen this way.
Who knows though... History has a funny way of working.

Attached: John Brown.jpg (1280x450, 158K)

I suppose that fact is half the fascination of it. It's like the "call of the void," I guess. Who knows how it would go down? How many nations would decide to intervene "for the good of world stability?" --What kind of welcome those forces would receive? Whether or not some moron would push the button at some point and glass a city rather than capitulate? Worse, it would be a conflict without the relatively nice, clean borders of the first. It would be population centers as roiling centers of violence until there was no one left of the opposition to fight. No one would really win, and even if you could paste the pieces back together again after, I don't think we'd be stronger for it.

>with liberalism infesting Portland
>liberalism
Call it what it is. Leftism. Stop letting them dictate what words mean; they are NOT "liberal".

The thing is, even that grim reality, the other possibility is somehow even worse.

If things continue on on the current course...

Only because of Portland and Salem, as far as I understand it. Eastern Oregon is supposedly quite based as far as I've ever seen. Granted, I'm extraordinarily blackpilled, so I lean toward the opinion that apathy has already won. I'm just realistic and I look to history for precedent. Maybe I'm wrong about the character of Oregonites, but I'm not wrong about the rest of my assessment. If not them, maybe Missouri.

One can only hope, my friend.

survival is the victory you claim in that kind of fight

NSF time! remember Squalnomie!

Attached: jcnanofilament.png (432x454, 332K)

Define "stronger". On the world scale? Of course we, as a nation, would be weaker after a major civil conflict. The thing to hope for, and to work towards, is that we as individual citizens would be more free, without those in power thinking they have the right to dictate how others should live simply because some stupid assholes were complacent and deluded enough to elect them.

No, my friend, I'm calling it correctly. You may want to romanticize the concept of liberalism, but it is the death of empires. Modern progressive "leftism", as you call it, is a cancer festering in the West, but liberalism is what allowed it to gestate.

I am not a fascist, but their rhetoric has been right about this. Liberalism was a mistake. Traditionalism is the only salvation of western civilization and the values America was founded upon.

>Traditionalism is the only salvation of western civilization and the values America was founded upon
The values America was founded upon were liberal values, the idea that every man is born free and that no government, or even no person, has the authority to tyrannically impose their will onto the populace. These ideals were shaped and even stolen whole-cloth from the liberal philosophies of the Greeks, and our common law was formed in the image of the Roman Republic.

Bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression.
— Thomas Jefferson, 1801
It [is] more beneficial, that many guilty persons should escape unpunished, than one innocent person should suffer. The reason is, because it is of more importance to the community, that innocence should be protected, than it is, that guilt should be punished; for guilt and crimes are so frequent in the world, that all of them cannot be punished; and many times they happen in such a manner, that it is not of much consequence to the public, whether they are punished or not. But when innocence itself, is brought to the bar and condemned, especially to die, the subject will exclaim, it is immaterial to me whether I behave well or ill, for virtue itself is no security. And if such a sentiment as this should take place in the mind of the subject, there would be an end to all security whatsoever.
— John Adams
Try to imagine a regulation of labor imposed by force that is not a violation of liberty; a transfer of wealth imposed by force that is not a violation of property. If you cannot reconcile these contradictions, then you must conclude that the law cannot organize labor and industry without organizing injustice.
— Frederic Bastiat, The Law

I'm not "romanticizing" a damn thing.

For me Fascism/whatever similar authoritarian ideology isn't the desired end-state, its just the weapon to wield against the Leftists.

Kinda like how they say Communism is just a transitional stage (aka Dictatorship of the Proletariat).

Fascism/similar has been the only successful ideology to resist Leftism/Communism. Its also the only one that scares the living shit out of them.

Monarchy puts up a good fight, but hasn't been successful in crushing the Communists on its own (but can survive with enough support ref. Franco and Mussolini).

Basically, I think that Communism is a disease the evolved/was created to destroy the West, Fascism is anti-bodies trying to destroy the infection.

Real talk; how would an organized, pan-American group with a common goal like the NSF pan out in reality? Is such a thing even possible with the amount of alphabet-letter organizations trying to entrap people who might be a threat? There are so many stories of militias turning out to be mostly composed of undercover agents, is the dream of an effective resistance a pipedream? Are tiny cells of friends a la the Weathermen about as big as things can get in the information age?

Idaho will be the Virginia of the West.

Nah, but there have been numerous inner state conflicts through out American history. Just to name a few:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1838_Mormon_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_County_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Corn_Rebellion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_the_Malheur_National_Wildlife_Refuge

militias in "peacetime" are honeypots. when they actually become necessary, there will be too many of them springing up and so rapidly for federal employees to want or need to infiltrate them.

in short, if you want to learn militia skills and develop love of country, give the Army an enlistment or two and take that training back home with you. in times of emergency, your community will have your knowledge and leadership available. militias are for larpers.

>pan out in reality
dying in the streets of course, but victorious in the end

Attached: bobpage.jpg (1600x900, 94K)

>There are so many stories of militias turning out to be mostly composed of undercover agents, is the dream of an effective resistance a pipedream?
Social media, while cancer, is a double-edged sword that you can and should use for your own benefit, to vet any potential allies you may wish to recruit. Leftists do it to weed out those who oppose their political ideology; there's no good reason that you cannot do the same.

Attached: 1556426381720.jpg (306x305, 26K)

Anyone over 120IQ knew this all along my dude.
Somehow the kikes managed to brainwash the whites enough to convince them that voting will change the world.

Bad news goys, only violence solves anything.

>I'm not "romanticizing" a damn thing.

You are, by believing that the same idealism of the 1700s can result in the same result three hundred years later. I do not dispute that liberalism was the driving ideology of the founding, but it has been perverted and corrupted by time. Liberalism in the current age would be abhorrent to the founders.

Traditionalism is not Luddism. It is not a Theocracy or a Dictatorship. It is a return to morality and simplicity - not in the policing of men, but in governance. If you believe contemporary Liberalism is a better solution to our current, corrupt governance, you are a pitiable fool.

Quotes are meaningless without context and none of yours hold up in the modern system. The America of 2019 is an aberration of what it was in 1776.

oh, also, in OP's case it's actually the government in crisis. the "militias," in this case, would be formed for protecting legitimately elected officials. or, in Deus Ex' case, ecoterrorists revolting against politicians who did nothing in the face of climate change. much less likely but who knows when crazy libs are involved; politics is politics and it stirs people on both sides of an issue.

Attached: nsf_irl.jpg (1600x900, 187K)

t. glowworms

>Why do you guys think that this is going to kick off an entire 2nd American Civil War?
it won't, the people that hopes it will are larpers that will shit their pants once the bullets start flying

there are no problems that sufficient force cannot solve

>lets butcher people because I don't like democracy
retard

Attached: glowingone.jpg (474x338, 29K)

It is entirely plausible that something like this is going light shit off, sooner or later. there's just so much that can be tolerated, eventually your gonna have a backlash

Portland and it’s suburban droppings are cucked

Why were the Ghouls in Fallout 3 so much better than 4

Attached: Willow.jpg (800x571, 145K)

As someone that's all for a more authoritarian government, preferably left but right is fine for now, I always hope some of these militia groups will finally take the leap and start with their "revolution". Because in the end all it would lead to is a crackdown from the government, a bunch of dead larpers and more people in favor of more centralized government to protect their way of life from further violent disruptions.

So bright! My eyes!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes go die for Israel goys in endless 3rd world shitholes, who after you break them will be use to displace and replace Europeans through "refugees".

Anyone who joins the US Military at this point is a traitor or idiot.

>this country doesn't deserve to exist in any form
Found the faggot-ass filthy kike.
It doesn't deserve to have nigger commie pieces of shit like you & the rest of your oven-dodging synagogue brethren existing within its borders.

Attached: 1560189450620.png (595x325, 171K)