I often hear that one of the PLA's main flaws is that it lacks combat XP

I often hear that one of the PLA's main flaws is that it lacks combat XP.
After the United States, which nations have the most recent and meaningful combat experience? I don't mean sniping palestinian kids but rather conflict that has taught valuable lessons in how that nation fights modern wars.
Can we have a shortlist of top 5?

Attached: UN.png (510x566, 515K)

Other urls found in this thread:

defenceweb.co.za/featured/south-african-soldiers-repulse-adf-rebels-in-drc-firefight/
news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/200-SA-soldiers-took-on-3-000-rebels-SANDF-20130325
nytimes.com/2016/11/02/world/africa/united-nations-peacekeeping-south-sudan.html
bbc.com/news/world-africa-40091937
theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/06/un-peacekeepers-refused-to-help-south-sudan-rebels-raped-aid-workers-report
reuters.com/article/us-syria-crisis-peacekeepers-un-insight/how-u-n-troops-defied-orders-opened-fire-and-escaped-syrian-rebels-idUSKBN0H724T20140912
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: UN peacekeeper.jpg (577x435, 29K)

>which nations have the most recent and meaningful combat experience
If I had to make a list:
>1 Russia
>2 France
>3 UK and its associated orbiters
>4 Israel
Beyond those, most of the countries involved in recent conflicts are too much of a mess for the experience to matter all that much, such as:
>Ukraine
>Philippines
>Iraq
>Syria

In terms of developed countries, France, UK, probably all the other ex-colonial countries as well even if you dont hear about it. The French have never left Africa and the UK have a weird deployment tempo where your average brit has seen more combat and for longer than their other western contemporaries, plus they have that regimental thing where everyone they deploy with is from their home town which fosters good institutional knowledge.

Okay fuck Canada I guess.

>UK and its associated orbiters

The amount of experience gained by Canada and Ausfalia... is inferior to that of Denmark and Poland

>2 France
I don't know why you're placing France over the UK when the UK has a far greater history in sending troops to fight abroad. Like in recently you've got Gulf Wars, Afgan etc where the British are deploying twice as much as the French.

what a fucking retarded list

France has done a shit ton of counterinsurgency work in Africa, especially in the past couple of years. I'd say they've been more militarily active than the UK since 2012 or so.

Not sure whether this is the fault of Chinese troops not wanting to fight, or more another issue with the UN's incredibly retardedly restrictive ROEs which is basically "even if you're getting shot at don't do anything aggressive".

Feel free to post yours instead. Personally, in the top 4 or so, it's hard to quantify who has more experience than who.

Because people on Jow Forums are retarded and care about nothing but memeing.

France has been playing in the third world COIN game far longer than the US or UK.

>while everyone else is gaining combat experience in afghanistan, canada is building fucking dams and schools
so yeah, fuck canada. instead of helping quell the insurgency, you decided to have dessert first and now all the hearts and minds projects you spent so much on are destroyed or in Taliban hands
congrats, you played yourself.

I don't know about that, the British also do work in Africa as well, but is that equivalent to Afgan and Iraq? Probably not.

1. Russia

The UN is pro-rape.

France is constantly fighting, it's just not popular to talk about.

Attached: 3EFBBA2B-19F3-47A8-932B-6BFC71414A20.jpg (480x337, 19K)

Right, but are small fry deployments. Nothing compared to Iraq or Afgan.

What's wrong with the post?

Nothing just wanted to finally use that image

trust a chink
get the nigger dick

correction: Chinese troops abandoned their post rather than showing the world what a paper tiger they are

any syrian military guys who where there from the start and are still alive. They are probably the baddest ass fighters on earth today!

Attached: 1552679930580.jpg (800x603, 65K)

>be Chinese
>multi-billion dollar military
>Use only the finest copies of western equipment
>scared to fight some militia bois

>be South African
>military has to beg government for scraps
>use equipment dating back to the 80's
>murder militia bois whenever possible
defenceweb.co.za/featured/south-african-soldiers-repulse-adf-rebels-in-drc-firefight/
news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/200-SA-soldiers-took-on-3-000-rebels-SANDF-20130325

The virgin chink v the chad bantu

Attached: south-african-army.jpg (1600x1067, 755K)

If you think about it all the combat experience of every country is shooting poorly trained Arabs.

No one has any experience with modern war.

Russians and Ukrainians do.

>chad bantu
Can you really be a Chad if Roland and his bros beat you to your knees from '66-7?

Attached: IrelandLebanonPalestineBerkely.jpg (600x840, 247K)

>Rolands children arent part of the equation

White boys doing the thinking and black boys pulling the trigger, a match made in heaven.

Attached: 11800080_1014893621856651_6453876932378295764_n.jpg (960x640, 75K)

You do know that other than a minor scrap with India over a road the only other recent example of the PLA in action is them dropping their weapons and running away from some Sudanese gunmen right?

That's not even lack of combat experience, that's pure cowardness.

I mean, there's the Sino-Vietnamese war if you go a bit farther back. That went very poorly for them, though.

is there any source on this? I'm pretty sure this is fake because there's nothing about this anywhere including this article

Its happened more than once.

>>modern conflict
>Guerilla against US founded and armed private militia

Attached: mexico-military.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

>I'm pretty sure this is fake
They tried to explain it as something like they did not have orders allowing them to shoot back but this isn't good enough for me. If these PLA soldiers had stepped up and defended their posts it would been a huge boost to the PLAs image. Instead they ran away like bitches.

That's not what a source is.

So.... no source?
Got it.
Never happened.

How is Israel not the first, it's almost perpetually at war

>Chinese UN peacekeepers in the capital Juba “abandoned their posts entirely” at one civilian protection site where tens of thousands had sought safety from successive bouts of fighting, a report by the US-based Centre for Civilians in Conflict (Civic) said.

First paragraph of OP's article

Attached: 1560768333449.png (363x276, 9K)

>The Chinese troops subsequently abandoned their posts, leaving weapons and ammunition behind

Fucking chinks running from niggers, leaving equipment and everything.

And CHINKS UNIRONICALLY THINK THEY CAN DEFEAT THE U.S.

>inhales
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

I'd argue that most of Israel's operations are at a smaller scale than anything the other countries listed have done recently.

It's the exact same as combat in Iraq/Afghan/Yemen/Palestine - shoot children and call in air support when they shoot back

How lazy and helpless can you be?
nytimes.com/2016/11/02/world/africa/united-nations-peacekeeping-south-sudan.html
bbc.com/news/world-africa-40091937
theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/06/un-peacekeepers-refused-to-help-south-sudan-rebels-raped-aid-workers-report

The Chinese are a soft people with no warrior culture.

I guess they're AIDs workers now

Nah, he's talking about the Chinese, not the Russians.

More like the PLA being kept in a short leash with the majority of their time spent doing political training to make sure they never turn against their masters. Kind of makes it hard for Chang who has always had his orders given to him from above, to make a on the spot desision as to what to do when a bunch of apes in technicals start approaching and your own people lack the compassion or morals to take care of your own after years of Maoist rule, let alone some a bunch of African rape monkeys.

>Nothing compared to Iraq or Afgan.

the French were/are in Afghanistan and were/are in Iraq (1 & 3) and Syria.

Attached: 1041354303.jpg (1000x541, 156K)

their bug brains probably overloaded when confronted with a situation that required anything other than marching in a straight line on parade grounds

Attached: FOREIGN201608141101000081745949212.jpg (900x603, 134K)

That wasn't me but it's a guardian article.

Out of countries that are actually militarily strong:
>Russia
>Israel
>The UK
>France
>Canada

>Canada

>Canada
they're in a even worse condition than the germans, at this point even the dutch could beat them

those guys are all midgets
those are .22 cal bullets

Top 5 are (without the US)
>Russia (Syrian civil war)
>Turkey (Afrin campaign and al bab campaign)
>Ukraine (Ukraine civil war)
Outside of these 3 no country has had combined arms actions recently so any combat experience they have would be irrelevant in a modern battlefield. So yeah, it's just a top 3.

Tell me one good reason to let the population of Africa expand.

>Tell me one good reason to let the population of Africa expand
More meat and organs for the future Chinese superpower?

It really isn't. Mali etc did not have armored brigades and divisional sized forces.

They were, but not in the same number as the British.

Define 'combined action'. If you mean infantry + airsupport, then UK and France have done that. If you mean infantry + vehicles, then UK and France have done that. If you mean all three, then, well, this is gonna shock you. UK and France have done that. If you mean all three of them AND a declared operation using basic grunts, then no.

US is of course top. Then UK, then France, then likely Israel, then Russia, then a mix of Ukraine/Middle East countries.

UK is easily second. In numbers of men deployed they eclipse anybody else in terms of how many men went out there. 11,000 in Afghan, 51-53,000 in Iraq. The latter including armor conflict and a mix of conventional and insurgent war. They just have more experience at different levels of warfare than any other nation out there bar the US. Running those campaigns for 8-14 years each with those numbers rotating is the big thing, and they've been there ever since.

After the UK is France. While they don't have the same mass of experience as the UK (they have only ever done relatively small deployments for shorter periods, and don't have the same "heavy end" fighting experience recently) they have done recurrent deployments in Africa. These are often massively overinflated (they are very light combat by contrast to Iraq), but put them above other nations.

Israel for consistent ground wars using all forms of vehicles, they are close to France, but France has more experience in large air campaigns.

After that others.

30+ years of the one child policy has led to a culture of single children who're lavished with attention by their parents.

not counting Pakistan with decades of counter insurgency experience and a reliable military doctrine for clearing out terrorist infested areas

Shit, I guess Opération Serval didn't fucking happen

Mexanon here, and well...yes, a fuck ton of soldiers are form the south of the country aka cardboard colored fellas that are as tall as a middle schooler here in the North.

Ha!

because the entire continent of africa has been the legion's playground and has been since the fucking 60s

I don't think you can give Pakistan props when OBL literally lived next to their most prestigious military academy.

Those guys must be experts in Urban combat after surviving Aleppo.

But they're still terrorist infested.

Why the fuck is your government letting all these fucks use your country as a highway to invade America?

Every other article is is regerring to the guardian as its source, while the Guardian only mentions unamed sources as its source

Attached: vkntkofdxx121[1].jpg (807x332, 41K)

He's not saying it didn't. But Serval was half the size of the UK's Afghanistan campaign in terms of men dedicated to it, and something like a tength of the length in terms of the higher intensity period.

Serval was a notable op, which is why people are saying they are an experienced army, but it just isn't even in the same league as the amount of men the UK rotated into an active combat zone for the better part of 14 years.

And Afghan with Op Herrick was small compared to Op Telic in Iraq. Thats why people note the UK. Those deployments were so huge, and so long, that the vast majority of those in their army who didn't join after 2014 are likely a combat vet at this point.

Intentional genocide is generally frowned upon in modern society and it would be politically impossible to support?

Eh, I wouldn’t count bombing sand wops in the desert as meaningful experience for a big war

>while the Guardian only mentions unamed sources as its source
>a report by the US-based Centre for Civilians in Conflict (Civic) said.

Fuck. Off. Zhang.

1. Russia
2. UK > Australia > Canada > NZ
3. France
4. Italy
5. Poland, Italy, or Portugal

Italy runs a lot of high tempo ops in North Africa, specifically in Libya. Portugal does the same, but in subsaharan African. Poland has a lot of experience in Iraq & Afghanistan, top tier operators + constantly training w/ US.

Fucking niggers, they can't keep getting away with it.

PATTY HEARST
HEARD THE BURST

or they can be retarded and got gaped like those dumb mutt cunts in Somali

>"""""""""""""elite""""""""""""" operators
>got shook by literal unarmed malnourished fishermen

Attached: happyimin.gif (200x150, 1.65M)

OF ROLAND'S THOMPSON GUN
AND BOOOOUUUUUGHT IT

Attached: EatShitVanOwen.jpg (894x894, 57K)

5'4 Sri Lankas have over all better physical performances then bantu Africans
majority of bantu militia men can't even 10 Push ups

you are an idiot

Attached: chinese cucks.jpg (660x794, 207K)

Neck yourself

reuters.com/article/us-syria-crisis-peacekeepers-un-insight/how-u-n-troops-defied-orders-opened-fire-and-escaped-syrian-rebels-idUSKBN0H724T20140912

The leader of a nearby U.N. contingent from the Philippines telephoned a commanding officer in Manila. They were surrounded, the leader said. Should they surrender and risk being kidnapped by the rebels or hold their ground?

The U.N. force commander, General Iqbal Singh Singha of India, fearing Fijian lives could be in jeopardy if the Filipinos engaged in a firefight, ordered the Filipinos to hold their fire. In Manila, General Gregorio Catapang gave different orders to his subordinate thousands of miles away in the Middle East: Stand your ground. Don’t surrender.

For three days, Filipino troops fended off hundreds of rebels from the Islamic militant Nusra Front group, killing at least three on the final day before escaping under cover of darkness to Israel. The Fijians were released on Thursday after two weeks of negotiation.

Attached: GUERILLAMAMA.jpg (906x882, 233K)

>How is Israel not the first, it's almost perpetually at war
The rot is worldwide.

Attached: idf on k.png (1545x783, 172K)

It's funny cause the Brazilians didn't give half a shit about those restrictive ROEs, they shot up Port Au Prince like there was no tomorrow.

God Bless the South Africans, even the kafirs, their military is a shadow of the immensely COIN oriented force that were during the 60s-80s but they still kick ass. Even with ever dwindling resources.

>assblasted flips

All of these list replies are dumb as shit.

Combat experience in MAJOR wars/conflicts in the past 50 years:
1. Russia/US
2. France
3. UK
4. Israel/Certain Arabic nations

The USA can't keep them out, why is Mexico expected to?

>apes in technicals start approaching and your own people lack the compassion or morals to take care of your own
The aid workers were white.

Because Trump keeps shitting on them and they think it's funny.

To be fair, the last time we handed over a province to the Canadians they fucked it up so badly we decided it would be best not to give them a second chance.

The Irish Special Forces Unit, the Sciathán Fiannóglaigh an Airm, or Army Ranger Wing, which is far superior to most NATO units such as the SAS and JTF-2. The Army Ranger Wing won the overall international categories at the US Army International Sniper Competition was hosted in Fort Benning, Georgia - making them the best sniper team in the world.

>From 2006 to 2014, it has been reported that operatives from the ARW, including from the Intelligence Section and Military Intelligence Directorate, had been on the ground in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Sudan, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Kosovo and Bosnia-Herzegovina as part of various international missions.

>In 2012, it was reported that the ARW could deploy 30 Rangers in the Gulf of Aden, subject to Government, Dáil and UN approval ("triple-lock"), to protect international shipping lanes against Somali pirates as part of the EU's Operation Atalanta.

>As of 2014, Rangers were serving missions on three continents, including training foreign forces in Africa and the Balkans, protection duties in Lebanon for the United Nations mission and security and intelligence operations on the Israeli-Syrian border (Golan Heights).

They like to keep quiet, and there was a 'rumor' recently around that they were caught in Afghanistan with some American forces when they shouldn't have been, of course just a rumor. I've spoken to a few of them and they mentioned their snipers do a lot overseas in the vein of Recce and Intel.

Attached: 1421445348270.jpg (500x398, 111K)

For an army as small as Ireland it's amazing how they can create a such world class special forces unit. They won the U.S. Sniper competition a year or two ago I believe and perform well internationally in other competitions and joint training operations.

They actually do shit from time to time as part of the UN Peacekeepers as a more competent member.

Apparently the Irish were part of the response team sent when those Flip UN troops got besieged in the Golan Heights to extract them.

Allegedly, and this is a big allegedly, they accompanied their British equivalents as observers when PIRA were attempting cross border operations in the 1980s. There's a lot of cross training since then, too.

They prevented paramilitary violence from northern Ireland spreading into the Republic for 25 years and they did it quietly and effectively. They won so hard there is no one from the loosing sides left to whinge about it.

It's not that amazing. If I was able to remain independent while living next to the UK while they work with France to develop modern warfare over 1000 years, I would probably be able to train pretty competent soldiers too

The Irish army has like almost no experience outside UN operations hell I don't even think they have fought a war since independence. How is this relevant to the thread? Plus the Irish armed forces has almost no capabilities so training their SF daily is probably all they do which means they are class at competitions but lack active combat experience (peacekeeping is not combat experience).
>They prevented paramilitary violence from northern Ireland spreading into the Republic for 25 years and they did it quietly and effectively.
You are joking right? Sure the southern Irish never had it particularly bad compared to the north (due to obvious reasons) but you are stupid if you think that Southern Ireland managed to contain the violence to just the North.
Why such high praise for Ireland user? Especially in a thread about experience when Ireland is a neutral nation?

You know this is shit everyone does, right? Even Tonga has people in Afghanistan and the west bank.
I mean, Ive seen this exact post several times before so I know its either B8 or a sycophant, but seriously.
>They won so hard there is no one from the loosing sides left to whinge about it.
Really nigger? they aren't whinging because they all became politicians.

>quell the insurgency
Literally impossible

>militarily strong
>Russia

Attached: BF34EFCB-C9A8-4D95-A7D8-BD0D28C323A7.png (1200x1042, 247K)

>Combat experience in MAJOR wars/conflicts in the past 50 years:

So why France so high? They haven't had a MAJOR war other than the Gulf war (where they were comparitively minor compared to US/UK) since the second world war.