Is Krav Maga a meme self defense or are the jews on to something?

Is Krav Maga a meme self defense or are the jews on to something?

Is it worth buying into?

Attached: Self-Defense-vs-Krav-Maga-Portland.jpg (1200x675, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0j6tZBYYlN0
youtube.com/watch?v=a1bHhMGqVqU
youtube.com/watch?v=ExQNWr0cd_Q
youtu.be/AmW56eKVgVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If the jews are willing to put money into it then it must be worth something.

no.

It's garbage. Any martial art without full force sparring is not effective. It's on the same level as kung fu mcdojos and cardiovascular kickboxing, for middle aged söys.

Example, A boxer is dangerous because he has practiced his punches thousands of times against real resisting opponents who are trying full force to hurt him back. Krav does not have legitimate full force sparring.

it's fucking garbage.

A guy I used to work with absolutely sucked the kravmaga cock. He talked about nothing else unless it was knife fighting. He even opened his own little dojo. Fucking retard.

One of my buds does krav and his instructor has legitimately convinced him he can defeat a knife attack or a gun pointed at his head. It's not only bad training it instills unfounded confidence.

It's mostly kickboxing for people who don't like martial arts. So yeah.
Has a point, but krav maga at least tries to teach the right things, unlike some martial arts. It can't do that as well as real kickboxing or such, but then again, people come out of it with less injury, which is kind of the point in the first place.

when a fight breaks out
are you the chosen one

Attached: 1556379777523.jpg (909x987, 360K)

I'm pretty sure the confidence is the point, it's meant to get conscripts in the right mindset for whatever their service length is. Actually fighting with it doesn't matter

> (OP)
OP I agree with this user here. It doesn't matter what martial art or fighting style you choose.
>The school you choose does

I avoided Krav Maga in my area once I figured out most the instructors don't have rigid training for themselves and just instruct on the weekend

I did Tae Kwon Do as a kid. And it wasn't until I was an adult that I realized what a good school I had
>Your first fight was against a black belt for two reasons
>To get used to taking hits without it jarring you
>And to make sure the Black Belts don't get cocky and learn to teach

You always wore pads and sparred everyday. if you held back you lose.
>Your black belt test is an actual fight against each other. No pads, no tapping out.

>without full force sparring is not effective
How would you full force spar when it's basically the art of fighting dirty, with eye gouges and ball smashers?

We did this over 20 years ago in UFC 1-3. Krav Maga is a meme. The original Krav was pretty much boxing and wrestling with some dirty street fighting. So that would work. What you will learn in a strip mall Krav studio is crap and will get you killed.

No. If you want to really get good at that sweet CQC do judo or wrestling (maybe add bjj if you want to choke people) and some striking, boxing or whatever.

>eye gouges and ball smashers
Take boxing or Muy Thai. Learn slip, bob, and weave. Eye gouges only work if your opponent just stands there and does't put up his hands or move his head.

Meme
Anyone with any real training or street fight experience will stomp you.

full force sparring and you are mentally - deficient retard with no one reason for this. stay in the gum

Jewish martial arts have always revolved around tricking someone else into fighting for you. If you want to learn how to fight yourself then you should look elsewhere.

No.

There's the problem. You can't pressure test your techniques against a resisting opponent in the same way you can test hooks in boxing, knees in muay thai, and hip throws in judo.

Meme, especially considering 9 out of 10 instructors here in the US are going to be washed up karate sensei's selling a slightly more relevant snake oil.
The simple answer is BJJ you can learn and practice relevant skills at full speed without getting cte. The culture also checks and vets itself to some extent with legitimate competition.
There's legitimate mma gyms and what not out there too but a lot aren't

A friend of mine did Krav Maga for several years and came to the conclusion that it's bullshido.
You have to realize that Krav Maga is just like any other "combatives" system that military forces teach. I don't know how up to date the information is but fro documentaries I watched in the 2000's military krav maga is like a two week course and it mostly deals on how to survive if you get separated from your group and rushed by a mob, buttstroking protesters in the face, etc.
Civilian krav maga mostly teaches a basic form of boxing, mental preparedness drills, "personal defense" moves like the ones you've seen in 90's self-defense VHS tapes advertised in magazines and... a lot of places place emphasis on the knife and even gun disarm drills.
If you want to break out of holds you should learn BJJ. If you want to take down people learn some judo and wrestling and use the moves that don't require you to go to the ground if that's your reason for not learning grappling. If you want to knock people's lights out you learn boxing/kickboxing/muay thai.
"that's for sport, not for the streets" yeah but who do you think can kick someone in the nuts harder? The fatass who doesn't train because he has "street mentality" or the guy who practices how to kick harder 2 or 3 times a week?

Attached: tumblr_p8olca8zoY1u2ragso1_r1_500.gif (500x265, 2.99M)

krav maga is martial arts for people who are carrying a gun

take up judo or aikido, it's lots of meme throws like you like instead. or just dont get into fights with people. that usually works

BJJ is just Krav Maga for anti-semites. it's the same brand of Soldier of Fortune bullshit, just with south american death squad mystique replacing the isreali commando mystique

Just use a gun?

this
combined with the gracies having a hand in the regs of early ufc to ensure that bjj effectively had no counters despite still allowing other dumb striking shit like downward blows to the top of the head or back of the neck

>yeah but who do you think can kick someone in the nuts harder?
the guy who kicks first

>A boxer is dangerous because he has practiced his punches thousands of times against real resisting opponents who are trying full force to hurt him back.

A boxer is also permanently physically damaged by his sport, his braincells are literally getting killed off. The brain damages accumulates , and after years ofbeing active boxer you start seeing symptoms like ADD, chronic headaches, difficulty concentrating, worsening eyesight and slew of other shit.
Its a fun sport, dont get me wrong, but it is actively detrimental to your real combat skills, especially shooting. If you want to be a good shooter, avoid boxing like a fucking plague.
Pic related, this is brain with late stage chronic traumatic encephalopathy. Now guess what are other names for it? Punch-drunk syndrome, and Dementia pugilistica (boxers' dementia). This is what years of microconcussions do to your thinkmeat.

Attached: 600px-Chronic_Traumatic_Encephalopathy.png (600x348, 219K)

It´s really good if taught propperly.
The problem with Krav Maga is that there are a bunch of mcdojos and fake instructors that will either teach you a watered down version or won´t teach you shit. If you live in america or the EU, i sugest you stay away from it. If, however, you still wan´t to get into it, i sugest you look for IPP Krav Maga or some other reputable institutiuon (stay away from Bukan). If you opt for something else, go for BJJ, Judo, Sambo, Muay Thai, MMA or stop being a pussy and start carrying a gun.

just hit a nigga with a chair. it always works.

>Sambo
Watch out forthis one, Sambo (or rather sambo/systema/magic undadable spesnaz manslapping art) is being heavily memed, and pretty much follows kravmaga patch to fame, as this mysterious sectret elite real fighting used by the superbest most tactical of speciallest forces

Kapap is the actual elite Israeli cqb system, krav maga is a meme for girls and weak basedboys

What kind of striking art wouldn't cause this over time but is also effective?

You can still drill and do 'light' sparring, a lot of jits places will bring in a kickboxer, muythai or semi-pro mma guy a couple times a week to teach striking just to round out your game and get away from the sports BJJ stuff. A lot of mma gyms can provide a safe environment but a lot at mcdojos
Don't mean to shill for jits but it's the Glock of martial arts in the US, it works, there's a gym on every block and most of them are decent being taught by a washed up NCAA wrestling crossover or a legitimate crew with years of bjj and competition.

It's women's self defense classes marketed towards men. Essentially all flower no fruit. Take up a combat sport if your serious about learning how to fight hand to hamd. Self Defense for the most part is about staying aware and not putting yourself in a dangerous situation to begin with.

Judo is a rather incomplete art for self-defense, but if your a sizable lad those throws aren't exactly a meme.

>orthis one, Sambo (or rather sambo/systema/magic undadable spesnaz manslapping art) is being heavily memed, and pretty much follows krav
Yeah, forgot to mention that. It´s a sad truth for every militarized martial art, so be wary of the meme´d versions

As a guy who's been training martial arts for half a decade I can't say this isn't a good option.

I'd rather shoot a nigga.

>Krav Maga
isn't that the art of stealing someones money

Attached: 1552697736880.jpg (500x548, 76K)

Not exactly. You see, the Krav Maga training in the israel army mostly centers around getting acces to your weapons. The training the special forces get ust makes them have a decent level in actual hand to hand combat, Kapap just means "face-to-face combat" and it´s esentially more advanced techniques within the same system so the line is alittle blurry. Some Krav Maga teachers will teach you what you learn in the Kapap training, but y´know there is also the whole fake masters problem

YES

Legit Krav gyms piggy back on kickboxing, sparing including. Maybe cross train or get a 4 hour seminar for other arts.

It is kinda meh.

Attached: IMG_7107.jpg (720x720, 95K)

>Krav maga for anti-semites

i fucking kek'd

Attached: jew jitsu.jpg (1920x1080, 1.03M)

chairs dont have the 21 foot rule

in what way are chairs even stoppable
even if you miss with the chair, the second the chair is being swung or thrown, every other nigga around is gonna also start wildin out', giving you ample cover for a second swing

next you're gonna say that tractors aren't the most destructive combat vehicle

Attached: chairvalentine.png (500x1000, 250K)

Competitive Sambo is judo-ish and legit.

>real life has round bells and referrees

a 'real life' fight won't last more than a few minutes at worst. Not the guy youre replying to but from what I've seen of competitive sambo it's basically the art of throwing your opponent to the ground and beating their face in. If that won't work for you I don't know what will.

What if I told you dumb faggots that Krav Maga is just Israeli Modern Army Combatives? KM is 100% a meme that impresses people who are not familiar with martial arts and combat sports.

>If that won't work for you I don't know what will.
IDK man there's this little thing called "The Gun" that works very nicely. :)

In any martial art look for sparring and live rolling. The style doesn’t matter as much as those 2 things. Then look at how they spar. If it’s just going at it for 3 minute rounds every time that isn’t good either. There should be some times where you go hard but you just bite down on your mouth guard and bang during that you don’t really learn shit. So make sure they do plenty of technical sparring or light sparring to build good habits. You should also try and have both ground work and striking to learn how to transition. Being dynamic in a fight is important since anything can happen. I do Krav Maga, Muay Thai, and Catch wrestling. And have been in some form of martial arts for 15 years so I have a pretty good eye for bullshit schools.
TL;DR
Any school can be a Mcdojo so look at if and how they spar.

>Any school can be a Mcdojo so look at if and how they spar.
this if theres no blood on the mats you know its not legit if its not Full Force Sparring you wont learn anything

>getting hurt practicing is the only way to learn
Please never teach anyone how to fight.

Bullshit that’s where you refine what you learned from other places. But you’re not doing much thinking when your just going at it you gotta get technique down first before you can apply it. Hard sparring is an important tool but it is the final stage of the learning process.

Either way I'm still going to be trialed for using MMA styles in my country.

Attached: bum.gif (480x270, 429K)

Is this meme?
youtube.com/watch?v=0j6tZBYYlN0
Or this?
youtube.com/watch?v=a1bHhMGqVqU
Or this?youtube.com/watch?v=ExQNWr0cd_Q
Because Krav Maga is pretty much IDF version of our combative programs. Or our combative is a version of Krav Maga, etc etc.

Bottom line is this, adapt the techniques to your fighting style, not conform to the fighting style. Learning to defend yourself and others is never a bad investment.

Aikido is absolutely bullshit
Even judo and jiu jitsu guys will tell you that

Seriously. Dig into it yourself.
You wont find footage of "aikido" moves being uses against a fully resistant opponent.

Theres also a Chinese mma fighter that goes around beating the fuck out of aikido and tai chi "masters" and videos it

Competitive sambo allows strikes, clinches, takedowns, and submissions

If there's no blood on the mats the owners are doing their job and cleaning the fucking place

Yes, this is all a meme lol. Army combatives is a crash course in bjj and mcmap is a crash course in mma with knives.

Is there any low impact martial art that I can pick up or am I just doomed to lose any fight I get into from now on? My spine is fractured and can't absorb impacts like a normal one any more, but I also don't want to go through life as a weak target. Can't carry either as I'm in Australia.
t. 21 year old who fell for Jow Forums's fucking ass2grass meme

BJJ is probably as low impact as it gets while still being viable. You can train kickboxing or muay thai as well without sparring if you want. It's not ideal but knowing a good 1-2 and a leg kick will make you twice as dangerous as you are now.

hee heee. Makes women stronger then men!
youtu.be/AmW56eKVgVM

Attached: 27f.jpg (542x615, 62K)

If you do boxing casually you will never see this level of brain damage.
Boxers often have hundreds of amateur fights before they make it to the pro level, and between fights they have many sparring sessions which is where a ton of repetitive blows take place.
Any good gym will separate casuals from people who want to compete.
I have 7 kickboxing fights at amateur level and stopped. I still spar occasionally but not at a competitive level. You don't have to be a pro to starch the average man in a fight. You just have to get some exposure to get stress inoculated.

>cock-knee maga
It's a basic SD form designed around sporadic military and police use. It's useful because Israelis don't carry chambered weapons and they beat up kids all day. It's tailored to women because they have universal conscription. It's like a gayer version of Hong Kong police kempo.

not that user but learn to fucking read, & then go & steal a whole streets worth of reading comprehension seeing as you sound like a nigger

>street fight experience

Found the bullshit artist

>What are goggles and groin protectors

guess who's hiding behind this post

My tkd school was the same. We got thrown into full contact sparring by the third class. I miss it.