Is 1180 fps reasonable for a gamo swarm magnum?

I used gamo platinum pba ammo which is supposed to get 1300 fps in my gun, but im only getting 1185-1190 tops. Is this because the gas pison is leaking? How do i get it fixed?

Attached: 2B3373A5-6708-4006-9205-97EA97946BDB.jpg (679x255, 26K)

Stop posting this stupid thread. Everyone told you to ditch the PBA shit and use heavy lead pellets to keep your FPS under 900.

I never made a thread talking about pba pellets being bad. I dont know what youre talking about. Pba pellets are supposed to get 1300 fps and im only getting 1180.

Bump

Are you twelve? Are you illiterate? You made this exact same thread yesterday. You didn't say PBA was bad, everyone else did. It doesn't matter if you're getting 1300 or 1180 FPS because anything over 900 is stupid.

Why is over 900 stupid?

tl;dr sonic booms cause instability in the pellet and you can't reasonably exceed the speed of sound by very much. the better way to get superior energy-to-target is with heavier pellets floating at around 900-1000fps rather than trying to go supersonic with normal air expansion (as opposed to gases formed by burning powder, or exotic light gas guns)

Makes sense.
Still im only getting 950 fps with my crossman premier 14 grains so i wish i was getting closer to the speed of sound which is 1125 fps.

transsonic speeds actually offer more problems than explicitly going beyond the speed of sound, but breaking that barrier in air is very hard with just compressed air. also you're probably a big gay baby and rampant repeat shitposter so kys yourself nigger for not just googling this in the first place you dumb tranny

It's the pellet shape. If he buys some spitzer style pellets or one of the heavy slugs, it may stabilize at supersonic speed with a proper twist rate. Skirted pellets are made to be subsonic.

I dont know why nobody can answer my original question. Does my gun have a leak in the igt gas piston?

Yes it should obviously be pushing the bullets much faster than it is. I’d send it in or get something new

What's the point of such power with a tiny pellet? At this point get a heavier caliber
Also you might consider a serious manufacturer instead of gamo

>a serious manufacturer
such as?

The same manufacturer of your mom's dildo, you 14 year old twat.

gamo makes my moms dildo

gg

Diana, FWB, Weihrauch, Anschutz that I know of are better than Gamo

>Sale Price: $1,399.99

i'll stick with my gamo lmao

Attached: 1557193481121.jpg (1024x652, 75K)

My 300 dollar gamo is still touching 1200 fps which is higher than any other mfg. also it crushes the competition in fps with regular pellets like crosman premier 14

>Fucking piston airguns
>Muh velocity
>Chasing power at the expense of projectile stability when larger and heavier projectiles is better
>Using the most mechanically inaccurate mechanism and not PCP/multipump master races

Call us back when you stop going onions over irrelevant selling points and want to make shit more deader.

I would never want a gun that needed co2 cartridges replaced every 2 minutes or having to hook up a pump to my rifle and pump for 5 minutes.
Break barrels are so much more gracefully engineered.

spring piston is objectively the best because it is temperature insensitive and you get the same volume of air every time

PCP it's not a guarantee because of damage and shitty workmanship and lol multipumps even charging consistently out of the box wtf nigger even airshit is more accurate

>t. Retards